Archer: Demon vs Sage

2»

Comments

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So a rather major necro, to say he knows some things, to then disprove it in his post? He has a very meagre knowledge of the game, if he hasn't heard of the animation cap. Luckily he broke the knowledge that -int is good, so I guess everyone should finally start stacking that up now, huh? b:chuckle
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    Alkaia - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok you go listen to whoever said sage here, get to high 9x and then you will buy some mold from the boutique, spend 200 mirages and buy all those skills back.
  • Evalyne - Lost City
    Evalyne - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    From what I saw it seems it would be best to go Sage, It gives better range, Better damage and Longer Buffs (Less MP use).

Ok wait this confuses me. Almost everyone I talk to, including some non-archers which probably isn't really helpful lolz, say that archers are always supposed to go Demon so that's what I've thought for a while but the thing that confuses me is this:
    The way i learned it was all mp classes go sage and all health based classes go demon but classes like archers and assassins aren't really mp or hp based so are they supposed to go Demon or sage? b:puzzled
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok wait this confuses me. Almost everyone I talk to, including some non-archers which probably isn't really helpful lolz, say that archers are always supposed to go Demon so that's what I've thought for a while but the thing that confuses me is this:
    The way i learned it was all mp classes go sage and all health based classes go demon but classes like archers and assassins aren't really mp or hp based so are they supposed to go Demon or sage? b:puzzled

Assassins are debatable. Demon Spark is better due to the attack rate increase, but Sage Assassins' skill bonuses for level 11 seem significantly better.

There's no real question though for Archers. Demon Archer skills are, for the most part, more useful, and geared more towards an archer's strengths.

Better range: When's the last time half a step of distance mattered? Because that's what it amounts to. Half a step. At most 0.4 seconds of walking, less of flying. Unless your target is standing still, it won't make a difference.

Better damage: That's really not even the case, once you factor in things like 12% higher critical strike rate (from passives + Demon Stun/STA effects) and an average of maybe 10-15% higher attack rate (Demon Quickshot and Spark).

Longer Buffs: Ok, seriously? I really, really hope I don't need to go into the reasons this is an idiotic thing to base your cultivation decision on.