Official Thread For Nien Beast Event

MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Post your opinions on what you think of the event so far, and if you like it or not.

Right now, I'm still trying to figure it out all the way, but I find it rather fun. :)
Post edited by MistaBwanden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Insanely laggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've been told it's glitchy. Many people aren't getting anything when they check their mailboxes. I did my first and last one night. I was there right from the start straight through to the finish and got absolutely nothing. Seems like just another fail event.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've been told it's glitchy. Many people aren't getting anything when they check their mailboxes. I did my first and last one night. I was there right from the start straight through to the finish and got absolutely nothing. Seems like just another fail event.

Total opposite for me. I love this event. I haven't had any bugs or glitches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Did they get to the box within the time limit? I thought you had about 5 minutes to claim your prize after the finish. =O
    edited May 2010
    Did they get to the box within the time limit? I thought you had about 5 minutes to claim your prize after the finish. =O

Yep. Went to the box and had nothing and did get there within the five minutes.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You need to be a Moderator or Administrator to make a thread official, or have their endorsement. Just putting 'official thread' in the title doesn't make it so.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Jennalicious: Did you rank within the top 30 for Contributions?

If not, that might explain why you didn't get anything.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I made 70th the first time, and 34th the second event, and got rewards both times.

I think people didn't talk to the starting NPC twice - a friend complained that she didn't get anything in reward as well, but I think she didn't take the second quest from the first NPC.

Also, just to clarify, it's not a piece of mail or whatever in "their mailboxes", it's a quest you take from the mailbox, like when you got shards or weapons from supply stash.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I think people didn't talk to the starting NPC twice - a friend complained that she didn't get anything in reward as well, but I think she didn't take the second quest from the first NPC.

Exactly, some didn't pick up the second quest.

oh.....#1 Barb on HT second time around.b:coolb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I love this event too, even tho i only got a training estoria :P

But iam pissed at those GM / Dev's or what ever for messing a patch up so badly (again), realy wtf is that fashion ****? wtf is that nirvana boss ****? when will it be solved and can we expect any compensation for the nirvana ****? i know the boss doesnt come that often but its gonna mess up alot in this 2x event
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Exactly, some didn't pick up the second quest.

:(((((((

I still was top 18 for awhile even though I only killed a nien beast after picking up the second quest. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I had fun, yeah it was laggy, but in the beginning I just ran around talking to the npcs since I didnt want to deal with trying to kill mobs. It was way better the second time around. Can't wait for the rest of the week. I haven't had any mailbox glitches...knock on wood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited May 2010

Also, just to clarify, it's not a piece of mail or whatever in "their mailboxes", it's a quest you take from the mailbox, like when you got shards or weapons from supply stash.

b:embarrass Uh...second quest? b:surrender

So...you have to talk to the starting NPC twice at the beginning, or do you have to talk to another NPC somewhere in the middle of the quest? This would be good to know because many others weren't getting anything either, so now I can tell them what went wrong.

Ok, so maybe this event isn't all that fail. It's still somewhat fail for adding much more lag in Archosaur though. ^_^
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I thought the event is great, is fun and has good prizes b:pleased

Think a more detailed description on forum somewhere may'hv helped some people greatly though. Some people i think simply failed to notice the 15 min timer.

Dunno if i was just unlucky or not, but i simply could find any of the nien beasts once they spawned lol.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i learned my lesson in the past to avoid events like this.I dont care if it was handing out 20 mill in gold coins jsut being in it.

oh ang GM's fix the fashion bug..the alpha layer on my jacket do shine no more :(
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Did you use the cube? I did, and I heard from others who had that they did get the yellow flag on their mailbox, but didn't get anything because at that point the event quest had failed, or rather the poins count had reverted to 0.

No idea why using the cube could do that, but just putting it out there.

Next time I'm using my archer. I should be far enough not to see any other players
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Alright.

Me and my faction went down to North Arch to check out this event. By the time the NPC showed up, even the person with one of the best computers out of all of us was forced to log after awhile because he literally could not move. Me, I was sitting there worrying whether my five year old Dell was going to need its stomach pumped. We killed the minions and the captains, but...no Neins. Where the hell are the Neins? I went back, picked up the second quest, got everyone else to do the same, but we saw no Nein Beasts to fight. Although, strangely enough, our counters were going up, slowly but surely. After it said 5 Neins, we went to our boxes, but I think only one of us actually got something.

So seriously. WHERE ARE THE FLIPPING NEINS. Not that I'd ever do this annoying event again, but still. There were people all over the WC wondering where the Neins were.

And God forbid I go to turn in BHes at those times.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Jennalicious, yup, you had to talk to the starting NPC twice at the beginning. The second quest you get from him gives you the kill quest. Both times I did the event, I almost forgot to pick up the second quest, and then I would have had the same issues some people are talking about.

Ilwyn and Kyou, the Neins were just outside the 5 major cities, just as it said. There was one outside the south gate of City of the Lost, outside the south gate of Raging Tides, one outside of Arch (not 100% sure which gate, but probably west gate), one outside of Ether (again, not sure exactly where), and one outside of Plume (blahblahblah).

I had a great time, and intend on doing this event as many times as I can, lol. The lag is amazing, but turning on the best preformance settings helped a lot (though I still lag).
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You need to be a Moderator or Administrator to make a thread official, or have their endorsement. Just putting 'official thread' in the title doesn't make it so.

I endorse this.

b:victory

From what I heard on Heaven Tear's World Chat last night, it was quite the fun and enjoyable event...when I get some free time, I might try and partake in this, as well.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Post your opinions on what you think of the event so far, and if you like it or not.

I don't do stuff that (among other no-nos) works with "contribution points", bosses, or starts at fixed times. So, no, I don't like it :-)

[ The first two, it's just a waste of time. The 3rd one... do they really think their crappy game is that important? ]
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I endorse this.

b:victory

From what I heard on Heaven Tear's World Chat last night, it was quite the fun and enjoyable event...when I get some free time, I might try and partake in this, as well.

b:cute

I PM'ed frankie to change it.
    :)
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Tried it on it's second appearance yesterday, and I was actually very impressed. Yes, there was a bit of lag in arch prior to the NPC spawn, however, that is to be expected, and there is not much you can do with most of a server wanting to participate. I like how all of the monsters weren't centralized on one side of arch, this made for a lot of areas which had event mobs without 100 people attacking it simultaneously. Another aspect I enjoyed was the Beast Captains at the 5 major cities. While the event idea of them attacking the cities was nice, I think it was a brilliant solution to ensure less lag all around! A large population of people participating, well, split them into 5 different groups! Kudos PWI.

What I would suggest to people in regards to mailbox lag..

Please keep in mind that there are MANY mailboxes other than the Banker boxes. Yesterday, I went to the Battle coordinator mailbox... there was myself and one other there. Be smart guys, think outside the box.

Overall, nice event PW:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If any thread should be official, it should be Astrelle's (misnamed) Spring Festival Event thread. It's got far more in the way of useful information.
  • Drakanaroh - Dreamweaver
    Drakanaroh - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I talked to the NPC more than twice before it started and during it, and didn't get the notif for any quests I fought in the minions thing, too. I didn't get anything, no EXP, Spirit, zip zero, nada. Maybe I'm just SOL, but still, I would've liked SOMETHING, some EXP or coins, since I did fight the beasties. :|
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Erm, you need to be level 50 or above too.
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    However many people don't actually like it... I really enjoyed it, and I thought at the very least it was a great improvment on whats been happening recently b:pleased Shame about the lag, but thats to be expected, and I think it was tried to be minimized, by haveing the attacks at different places. I like the plot of it as well. Basically, I really enjoyed it lol, more events would be great :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like it, atleast this one is rewarding.

for the lag, its not that bad except at start npc when everybody there and mailboxes. during event i dont rly lag much. close to nothing at 1920*1080 max details. but the start i have to turn on max performance, insanely laggy npc places.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited May 2010
    I finally got it to work. I talked to the npc twice and got stuff ^_^ Final rank was 94 LOL. Got 150K XP, 30K Spirit, 4 socket stones, 4 mysterious chips, 1 flawless sapphire, and 1 mirage celestone. Not bad for 15 minutes of fighting.
  • MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary
    MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I talked to the NPC twice. Fought for 15 minutes and got NOTHING!! b:angry
  • Tidex - Sanctuary
    Tidex - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Make sure the quest was actually activated (ie you can see your ranking/contribution).

Also, not sure on what the cut-off was in terms of rankings and rewards, but it could just be that you didn't rank high enough :P.