What The Hell Happend To My Fashion !

Options
2»

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First off i'm not your sweetheart. Second, i'm no programmer but i DO know from a couple basic classes each item in the game should have it's own line in the coding to "set" how it looks and works and whatnot. I'm pretty effin sure the devs know what line has to do with what... or they SHOULD. Now..... correct me if i'm wrong, but did ANY of this patch have ANYTHING to do with almost every piece of fashion in the game?

Second, i'll reitterate what someone said above you. Why the hell would we send in THOUSANDS of tickets taking up the devs/gm's time reading them when they can read this thread (and maybe a couple others), realize half the freaking fashion's scrwed up, and double check it all themselves.

You don't know what needs to be done ingame, and what they were trying to do, and the fact that you're trying to tell them what to do with "a couple of basic classes" is laughable. It's possible they were trying to fix the bug where fashion items disappear underwater, did that occur to you? You don't know what they were trying to do or why they were editing that code and you're presumptuous for thinking you do.

Although I have to agree with the tickets. This isn't a problem that affects one person, so there's probably already a flood of tickets from people that don't read the forums. No point in sending one in, and the thread has all the affected sets. I haven't logged in and checked my fash out yet though, gotta go to school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    YIt's possible they were trying to fix the bug where fashion items disappear underwater, did that occur to you? You don't know what they were trying to do or why they were editing that code and you're presumptuous for thinking you do.

Well, they have a test server, and if that was what they wanted to do, they would have tried it first there and would have seen it's not working.

BTW, PWI don't do any game coding. Everything is done by some incompetent devs in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You're right i don't know EVERYTHING they patched cause they dont' post it all like they should have. But NOTHING that was posted had ANYTHING to do with fashion..... on another note YET AGAIN they reset our UI, and reset our freaking combos back to the default button with the big arrow.... if i even remember my archer's combos anymore i'm going to have to write them down somewhere.....

you know.... i dont' mean to bash, but after playign 5 other top mmo's (which i'm not allowed to name apparently..), i've come to the conclusion these devs are a bunch of idiots (the DEVS, not the GM's).
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol listening to the girls cry about the fashion like its the end of the world. this topic was a good laugh for me.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol listening to the girls cry about the fashion like its the end of the world. this topic was a good laugh for me.
    b:angry b:cry .................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frosty0908
    frosty0908 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First off i'm not your sweetheart. Second, i'm no programmer but i DO know from a couple basic classes each item in the game should have it's own line in the coding to "set" how it looks and works and whatnot. I'm pretty effin sure the devs know what line has to do with what... or they SHOULD. Now..... correct me if i'm wrong, but did ANY of this patch have ANYTHING to do with almost every piece of fashion in the game?

Then you also know from them few basic computer classes that the code is always being updated and tweaked just because this patch does not have any fashion updates in it does not mean they was not working on something. Dam man these guys are not invinsible mistakes like this happen. In my last community I was a developer and people like you who spoke to me like a piece of mess on your shoe used to annoy me and an annoyed developer is not a constructive one. They have said its a bug and it will be fixed what more can they do to please you?
    Second, i'll reitterate what someone said above you. Why the hell would we send in THOUSANDS of tickets taking up the devs/gm's time reading them when they can read this thread (and maybe a couple others), realize half the freaking fashion's scrwed up, and double check it all themselves.

Because they asked you to there is a system in place to make things easier for them to speed the process up tickets are required for bugs you know this rather than them sitting there having to read through pages and pages of threads they deal with each case building a clear view of the problem just because your annoyed does not mean you need to be awkward with them your only hindering your self.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Look some people play this game to have fancy equipment and high levels... others prefer the fashion aspect. Until recently my wardrobe was worth ten times my equipment. So yeah... I care.
    I've spent a lot of coin, dollars, and time making my wardrobe something I truly enjoy. Before you tell me to get a life - I spend more on my real closet. Clothes are fun, so what if I'm a girl. Some guys like clothes too - more of you should get a sense of style anyhow.
    Anyhow when a third of my wardrobe is super saturated in color and loses all its texture and detail I protest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    -cough-
    buy cheap clothes now, people will be selling them because they think it wont change back, wait a bit, and resell them when they are normal again. It will be changed back or pwi will lose both money and members.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    damnn thanks god mines are okay ^^
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Darkreserve - Lost City
    Darkreserve - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol i bet they get this fixed faster then anything else since its gone to effect how much money they get
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Please submit a ticket to customer support with a screen shot and we'll look into it. Thanks.!

I LOL'ed
    b:laugh
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have to laugh a bit about this b:laugh

I havent been having or noticing any problems on fashion, even checking clothing that others mentioned. And in addition, i was one of those people who always saw tideborn faces as pale white-blue even when the bodies were an entirely different color. I wake up today & find that's fixed. So, it seems they tweaked it for compatibility with graphics cards, fixed it for some people, but broke it for other people.

Edit: Ok i dont notice any issue with Vampire, that still seems to have the red corset part. But yeah schoolgirl is messed up. Havent had a chance to check corsair on my other char. But my belief is they'll fix it with the due diligence they fixed the TB face bug... so expect a fix in 5 months.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So is everyone supposed to just send a ticket? D: Their computer will crash, lol. Look at how many people are facing this problem, it's not only one person. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No doubt this thread is full of ppl who will disagree with me, but I think this actually improved the look of a lot of the fashion pieces. I think a lot of them look much better! Most of them actually!
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree with the not sending a ticket thing. I'm yet another person whose clothing has been royally effed by this, and how would spamming them with tickets help? Surely just by seeing how many people complain, they should see that this is a wide spread issue. And just to verify for me it's these particular items:

School Girl
    Vampire
    Pearl Blossom
    Shining Feather
    Ballet
    Classic Dance
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    will me fash be okie?
    20100519094156.png
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kerenta wrote: »
    They said the same when TB came out and most players had the "pale face" problem... Still not fixed. xD

The TB face thing is a problem with video cards on the ends of the players. It takes a considerable amount of work to compile a list of all the video cards that have the problem and provide fixes to all of them. Chances are some people will always have some sort of problem graphically with how quickly computers become old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    to OP: rage moar please b:pleased
    it will get fixed eventually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I only had one piece affected maybe two being my leopard top as it is green not a goldish brown and maybe my sunshine top.

I see all my macros got affected as well.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL WUT'S A TEST REALM GUYS?

Maybe they should try their patches before they implement them.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum