The Glorious Lv 90

Comments

• FrostFlower - Heavens Tear
    FrostFlower - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    +1 to this
    Maybe it's just me and the server that I'm on but...

Most of the people I play with don't care as much about what level your toon is, just that you know how to play it. TBH, if your level matters to you that much you're not someone I want in my squad.

People come and people go, doesn't matter about the level they reach. Some people get bored with seeing the same mobs day in and day out. It happens.

GLIRL

Another +1

Trust me, I've seen high level people, and some higher than me fail in parties.

For example: A level 95 veno in my BH79. He or she couldn't find styg even though we told he or she to use the assist attack button. Lured linus instead of brigand, and left after we said we weren't going to do BH69 for the chain BH for today.

So really, if you know how to play your class, you'll be more respected and won't hinder parties.
    Frostflower-Quit
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok imma ah say...back in my days of PWI when there was ONLT crazy stones, World quest and Grinding being lv90 ment that u were a high lv and when u dinged 90 that was a big deal now...THANKS to these...these...these imbeciles of GMS and DEvs EVERY1 can ding 90 in like 1 month or 3 weeks
    now honestly pwi wats IS ur tru aim?? scare every1 away so no1 plays and u can focus and ur new games??
    the 1 bh was fine then u had the half baked crack head of an idea for not 1 a day but 3...
    THEN came hypers which allow u to lv SO fast...it makes no sense yes i knw its UR choice to use em but still their there...
    my freinds are all leaving game cuz the difficulty lv is...0 u ding lv 90 and farm and farm pk is dead EVEN on pvp servers cuz ppl are in bh all day
    so wat is so gorious of that lv90 now?? every tom jick jane and harry is lv 90 now
    so thanks for completely **** up this game and i take my leave of PWI with this postb:bye

ROFL QQs the 90 lvl cleric from a relatively NEW server.... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    90 at this time in Arch is actually normal. Iirc, I got my psychic to low 80s in less than 2 months just doing bh. Seeing as he's a cleric, he probably gets invited to all the fb/rb/fc and leveling even faster.
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    volst wrote: »
    90 at this time in Arch is actually normal. Iirc, I got my psychic to low 80s in less than 2 months just doing bh. Seeing as he's a cleric, he probably gets invited to all the fb/rb/fc and leveling even faster.

im pretty sure he hyper some times, it still takes a while to get from 80 to 90.... besides i only hyper once i never failed on bh(only the April fools one lol) and im on server since day 1, so he uses or buys the thing hes QQ about....
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I would agree that he must be hypo-qq-ritcal about people who use cash shop items to level given his own level. To each their own though I guess. It took me forever to get to 90 and I hyper'd only once on an FC run (and used the remaining on a partial second run). It took me a while, but when I hit 90 I donned a full tt90 armor set and weapon because all during my 80's instead of FC-ing like everyone else to level quick I went on TT runs to get mats. Especially during 2X.

The problem though that he indirectly brings up (and others who have posted even higher then him) is that for higher levels there is no real content to keep you interested. It's BH 3 times a day, crazy stone, fly around a bit. Same old same old. I'm so bored of FC runs myself and I probably have only done a dozen of them. As a cleric they suck. You have to always be on your toes and you are responsible for the outcome basically. I don't need that kind of pressure in my "fake" life. I have enough in my real life b:laugh. I mean don't get me wrong. If it's new and exciting I don't mind being the lynch pin, but once you do it over and over again with different squads and people doing it tehir own way it gets tiresome. In fact tiresome is a pretty good description of FC right now. I mean it's a run you do solely for exp. No drops from mobs or individual bosses to make it exciting to see what fell.

No one does Lunar. Not sure why. I did a solo run with a BM in my high 8x's and it was pretty fun. Of course it was new so maybe that's why. But some of teh Lunar armor pieces offer good stats.

The point is nothing happens after 9x really. It's dailies to fill your time, merchandising to keep up with insane mat costs and skill costs and nothing else. All quests are "Kill 70 of X" and you get garbage exp and spirit for doing them. Plus compared to the tt gear the rewards are horrible. Maybe if the GMs made the quests worth something more people would do them even if they were "Kill X of these mobs" and "Fly to see Q" or "Kill this boss". The problem is the quests are worthless, and everyone knows it so no one ever does them. So you never see people around any more outside of BHs and FCs because as far as value for your time goes nothing compares. I know because I actually do all the quests and after each time I complete one I feel like a waste of my time and wonder why I do it. I just feel I need to.

Just my thoughts
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I would agree that he must be hypo-qq-ritcal about people who use cash shop items to level given his own level. To each their own though I guess. It took me forever to get to 90 and I hyper'd only once on an FC run (and used the remaining on a partial second run). It took me a while, but when I hit 90 I donned a full tt90 armor set and weapon because all during my 80's instead of FC-ing like everyone else to level quick I went on TT runs to get mats. Especially during 2X.

The problem though that he indirectly brings up (and others who have posted even higher then him) is that for higher levels there is no real content to keep you interested. It's BH 3 times a day, crazy stone, fly around a bit. Same old same old. I'm so bored of FC runs myself and I probably have only done a dozen of them. As a cleric they suck. You have to always be on your toes and you are responsible for the outcome basically. I don't need that kind of pressure in my "fake" life. I have enough in my real life b:laugh. I mean don't get me wrong. If it's new and exciting I don't mind being the lynch pin, but once you do it over and over again with different squads and people doing it tehir own way it gets tiresome. In fact tiresome is a pretty good description of FC right now. I mean it's a run you do solely for exp. No drops from mobs or individual bosses to make it exciting to see what fell.

No one does Lunar. Not sure why. I did a solo run with a BM in my high 8x's and it was pretty fun. Of course it was new so maybe that's why. But some of teh Lunar armor pieces offer good stats.

The point is nothing happens after 9x really. It's dailies to fill your time, merchandising to keep up with insane mat costs and skill costs and nothing else. All quests are "Kill 70 of X" and you get garbage exp and spirit for doing them. Plus compared to the tt gear the rewards are horrible. Maybe if the GMs made the quests worth something more people would do them even if they were "Kill X of these mobs" and "Fly to see Q" or "Kill this boss". The problem is the quests are worthless, and everyone knows it so no one ever does them. So you never see people around any more outside of BHs and FCs because as far as value for your time goes nothing compares. I know because I actually do all the quests and after each time I complete one I feel like a waste of my time and wonder why I do it. I just feel I need to.

Just my thoughts

90s farm TT 99? pk? whow about that?
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Says the guy on a PvE server. PvP gets boring too. It has no value. If your faction got points for killing those who are in attacking or warring factions and that somehow had an impact on TW for the week then maybe it would mean something. Now its just a shouting match of "Look how big my epeen is", "One shot" "QQ" "Fail" "Cash shopper" "It took X of you......." with an occasional "GF" thrown in.

In any case yeah I have in fact started farming for my tt99, but again it's the same thing. What's new? You have to run the same instance 100 times to get all your mats for the gear. After the 5th time or so it starts to get a bit repetitive. After that even more so. Heck all the tt instances are the same for a given set. 1-x, 2-x, 3-x. Once you do and instance where x = 1 its not that much different doing x=3. The bosses just have higher hit points so it takes longer to kill them dragging out the whole process. It's not like each subset is a different dungeon or anything with different bosses (though a few are added as you do more or do in high mode). After doing 3-1 to get my tt90 mats when I got to 3-3 I was like "whatever". Granted a few of the bosses were a challenge and fun THE FIRST FEW TIMES I DID THEM, but after that.....meh. Still no gold mats for me so you can imagine how many more times I'll need to do it. Add to taht the rest of the 3-3 mats are garbage so it's not like you get anything else worth it for doing a run. Classic PWI.

Lets see some originality here for higher levels plox.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Says the guy on a PvE server. PvP gets boring too. It has no value. If your faction got points for killing those who are in attacking or warring factions and that somehow had an impact on TW for the week then maybe it would mean something. Now its just a shouting match of "Look how big my epeen is", "One shot" "QQ" "Fail" "Cash shopper" "It took X of you......." with an occasional "GF" thrown in.

In any case yeah I have in fact started farming for my tt99, but again it's the same thing. What's new? You have to run the same instance 100 times to get all your mats for the gear. After the 5th time or so it starts to get a bit repetitive. After that even more so. Heck all the tt instances are the same for a given set. 1-x, 2-x, 3-x. Once you do and instance where x = 1 its not that much different doing x=3. The bosses just have higher hit points so it takes longer to kill them dragging out the whole process. It's not like each subset is a different dungeon or anything with different bosses (though a few are added as you do more or do in high mode). After doing 3-1 to get my tt90 mats when I got to 3-3 I was like "whatever". Granted a few of the bosses were a challenge and fun THE FIRST FEW TIMES I DID THEM, but after that.....meh. Still no gold mats for me so you can imagine how many more times I'll need to do it. Add to taht the rest of the 3-3 mats are garbage so it's not like you get anything else worth it for doing a run. Classic PWI.

Lets see some originality here for higher levels plox.

Oh myyyyyy....

Allow me to present my main to you......... you were saying something about the guy on pve server?????????

Pls teach me more about pvp b:dirty

Ps: this is Tivas OOOoooo
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    volst wrote: »

Yup, but he's saying BEFORE BLABLABLA WHEN WE ONLY HAD CS/WQ/GRINDING/QQ.
    How long has the Arch server been up?
    im pretty sure he hyper some times, it still takes a while to get from 80 to 90.... besides i only hyper once i never failed on bh(only the April fools one lol) and im on server since day 1, so he uses or buys the thing hes QQ about....
    Lol that's what I was getting at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Trust me, I've seen high level people, and some higher than me fail in parties.

Well, I wouldn't know about parties, but just today I had this weird guy nearby. I was farming Huggy Hares for Strong Teeth (I think... anyway, some DQ 71 item) in the area near the coast with the herbs (as I need those too). Nearby, another Veno kills Hares too. Hercules pet, glowing items, the usual rich people stuff, from the looks of it.

While I was there, he had to be resurrected two times (don't know whether he PMed the clerics or just waited for a random passer-by). I frequently saw him getting shot at by the Hares, but originally assumed it was intentional as he probably had uber-gear. I wasn't sure about that anymore after a while, though.

Of course, I don't know his level, but obviously he was either in way over his head, or he had no clue how to play a Pet-Veno. He usually left a beefed-up hare or two around his corpse, which was always nice --- never say no to a bit of extra experience, and you can't really KS from a corpse, can you?

Always reminds me of one of the .**** Anime series, where they debate about "real money trading" --- causing people to run around with gear they shouldn't have, but without them actually knowing how to use it properly.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Must - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Vilk the arch server was open to ppl in the last days of march dont remember the exact date tough..

maybe 24 of march m not sure...
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Fair enough man. Given your main's level and the fact that it's on a PvP server then you have to know what I'm saying is true.
  • Must - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I know it is well the only thing i can tell you is if u bored try to re roll another class...

I think we all had a blast on arch server on the first days it opened cause when ppl got to lvl 30 and started to pk each other with our **** lv 30s skilsb:b:laugh

But yes it comes a time where everything in game is the same old rotine but well life is the same isnt it?
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I've done the whole reroll thing a few times. I have a 6x archer and cleric on LC, a 7x Sin on HL as well as a 5x veno and a 4x barb. Again it comes down to repetition. I mean I'm still here holding on that at one point maybe it will change and I want to be at a level to enjoy the new content or something, but really all I'm doing is making an observation.

So if the GMs and Devs are listening here it. Make the game worthwhile to do other things. Make questing worth our time and effort. Toss in some good rewards, exp and gear-wise for actually doing the quests and make them mean something. Maybe add an element to PK where it has a value apart from inflating your epeen. As a suggestion have it count towards TW for the week or something somehow.Now with SL, binding and GAs its not like anyone who has anything decent drops anything. Expand BHs to include world bosses and mobs. If you made Crimson a bh kill think of how many lowbies would be able to get their quest done. Or toss in Harpy Wraith. Now that would be something. Don't limit the list to 3 bosses every day. If you had a list of 20 or 30 different kill requirements then BHs would be a little less redundent.

So you know, just some suggestions along the lines of loosing the repetitive nature of everything. Just one guy talking here though I guess.......
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    To clarify above I don't mean have 20-30 BHs a day, but if it's 3 kills a day have it pulled from a list of 20-30 different possibilities. Not 3-4.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Contrary to what some ppl on these forums really think, BH is way more popular and wanted than hated.

Just see that rage that was when bh was gone for a day... lol

Anyway I don't get what "old days" have with challenge. If you were only able to level using grinding, then for me a level 90 would only mean "holy **** look at that guy how much time he spent pressing a few buttons over and over like a machine"

That is NOT challenging or something hard, at least not by my definition. ijs

oh god i know what u mean xD after what ever patch it was down for HT, not sure for other servers, but i didnt care tbh b:shutup all i did was grind and tah dah! instant payroll for the next days bh. and i do agree though kinda sad that getting to lvl 90 takes so little, but really i knew ppl who had been playing already for not that long, maybe a few months? and were lvl 90 it wasnt hard to hit 90 when it was just cs, grind, wq imo, its just a little bit easier. and besides not that many ppl do hyper and if they do, which i know alot who hyper FF, their actually great at their class so dont judge others (and i've been playing longer than u and im lvl 86, your what lvl again b:embarrass)
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The game is actually designed to get you to level 90, and then make you broke.

The average person plays 1-3 hours per day. It used to be that those 1-3 hours were spent on crazy stone/wq/questing/grinding. Now, people login to do 3 bhs, crazy stone, and wq. Finding a squad, wining the instance, and waiting for people to tele back and forth means the entire ordeal takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half. After your dailies are done, you have an hour or so to catch up on your culti, quests, grinding, whatever.

'Back in the day,' three hours of grinding netted you 400-600 k profit and a respectable amount of exp. Now, three hours of dailies nets you -100 k profit, after deducting wine fees, crazy stone costs, and teleporting back and forth from bh (i swear i will shoot whoever continues to fly from bh 69 to arch), and **** loads of exp.

Follow this pattern for 50 or so levels and you have a whole population of impoverished level 90s that need to charge gold in order to make their gear/participate in TW/do more 'dailies'. Now with hyper exp and frost, you can skyrocket past level 90 to level 100+, where you feel obligated to spend hundreds of dollars opening wonderful packs in hopes of getting the ultimate end-game gear..

Thank you Pan Gu b:thanks
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The game is actually designed to get you to level 90, and then make you broke.

The average person plays 1-3 hours per day. It used to be that those 1-3 hours were spent on crazy stone/wq/questing/grinding. Now, people login to do 3 bhs, crazy stone, and wq. Finding a squad, wining the instance, and waiting for people to tele back and forth means the entire ordeal takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half. After your dailies are done, you have an hour or so to catch up on your culti, quests, grinding, whatever.

'Back in the day,' three hours of grinding netted you 400-600 k profit and a respectable amount of exp. Now, three hours of dailies nets you -100 k profit, after deducting wine fees, crazy stone costs, and teleporting back and forth from bh (i swear i will shoot whoever continues to fly from bh 69 to arch), and **** loads of exp.

Follow this pattern for 50 or so levels and you have a whole population of impoverished level 90s that need to charge gold in order to make their gear/participate in TW/do more 'dailies'. Now with hyper exp and frost, you can skyrocket past level 90 to level 100+, where you feel obligated to spend hundreds of dollars opening wonderful packs in hopes of getting the ultimate end-game gear..

Thank you Pan Gu b:thanks

those of us who actually still grind and fly back and forth to bh to save that coin laugh as your +2 knives bounce off the full +5 gear we saved by not blowing everything on OPTIONAL dalies

optional meanign you can grind or do w/ and just ignore bh/cs/wq/cube till you get the coin you need

people that complain abotu bh costs are like kids that just learned "fire hot" who then go and faceroll on a waffle iron set to max heat
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol you're actually agreeing with me.

And this is why you're an idiot if you still fly back and forth between BH: Get Smart

And i guess i wasn't very clear, but I agree with everything you've said. It really is people's own faults for going broke in game, though I'll admit it is damn tempting to level at such a fast pace.

PS: My knives may be +2, but my +8 Ghost Cry Thorns are waiting for me in the bank b:victory
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i saw OP on Fake PW b:chuckle talk about lvling fast b:chuckle
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fake pwi lving is op but its balanced fyi.
    also let me ask u this back then when HL started out how much respect or admiration or owe did u hav when u saw a lv 90 enter ur squad or had 1 in ur squad??
    now its SO common yes i used hypers i cant cash shop tho i actually had no choice in teh matter got fed up of ppl buggin me to do fc no matter how much i saw no..so i wont spend 2hrs for **** exp does that seem logical??
    yes its my choice to lv fast but in a war u hav guns...do u not use them?? in PVE servers lvs an gears is all there is pk is LONG dead an we in war wit other guilds higher lvs better gears thats it to pve servers
    also in closing thsi isnt a QQ thread jus pinting out how much the GMS and Devs hav killed the achievements of pwi i remember on my BM on LC all i wanted to do was wear that TT90 Armour that was my motivation an because it seems so far out of reach..i wanted it even more that was my motivation now i ding 90 in 1 month an get my gears in 2 weeks??
    do u all have the same amazement in seeing a lv 90 back then....or now??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    my freinds are all leaving game cuz the difficulty lv is...0 u ding lv 90 and farm and farm pk is dead EVEN on pvp servers cuz ppl are in bh all day
    so wat is so gorious of that lv90 now?? every tom jick jane and harry is lv 90 now
    so thanks for completely **** up this game and i take my leave of PWI with this postb:bye

I would love to hear your explanation as to why BH kills PVP and PK.

Suddenly everyone is on equal ground level-wise and they say "NO! EF THAT!! I wanna struggle, fighting against unbelievable odds as two people 40 levels higher than me gang up on me just for ****s and giggles! I don't want equal opportunity in my PVP!"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    simple my dear nub.,..NO1 DOES QUESTS no1 IS OUT OF SZ its 1 instance to another...how many ppl do u expect out?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I see huge ego.

You want to be "glorious" or some thing like that. In other words, you do not easy equal grounds.
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    dear god i am NOT takling bout ME being glorious i am talking bout THE lv 90 Plz read properly cuz backon HL when i was playing hittin 90 was a big acheivement cuz not now as it SO common
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    dear god i am NOT takling bout ME being glorious i am talking bout THE lv 90 Plz read properly cuz backon HL when i was playing hittin 90 was a big acheivement cuz not now as it SO common
    What's the obsession with high level being glorious?

Glory is determined by players unless a NPC looks at you in awe (lol)

If leveling is too easy now there are other means to become glorious, since whatever is hard to get will always be considered awesome by other players.

If there is nothing hard to get, glory would be determined by skill alone, and victories over defeats in some particular area. Which, would be interesting to say the least, but won't happen.

So instead of QQing about the long forgotten glorious days of levels being important why not focus on new glories such as uber gear? I understand there's some nostalgia involved but come on, nothing is staying in one spot, everything evolves. Heck PWI is probably one of the few MMOs to not raise level cap with expansions - imagine how would you feel in other games where the gear you farmed for year(s) is worthless now and new gear for new content is 10 times better.

My guess why they made leveling so easier now is because of new content they'll keep adding. I mean with 1+ years to get to level 100 like in the old days, then some more years to farm Nirvana set... newer servers wouldn't even be able to get to that point before PWI shuts down. You have to live with it, that this new content is not only for servers like HT & Lost City with years old characters.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Guess what I reached 90... and i starting playing more than 1 year ago :O

and yes i used hypers from 89 to 90
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I would love to hear your explanation as to why BH kills PVP and PK.

Suddenly everyone is on equal ground level-wise and they say "NO! EF THAT!! I wanna struggle, fighting against unbelievable odds as two people 40 levels higher than me gang up on me just for ****s and giggles! I don't want equal opportunity in my PVP!"

Since BH was introduced, most of the players relocated from their quest areas to the center of arch.

Though, lately, there has been lot more activity in the quest areas. Not like it used to be pre-BH, though I think it may have something to do with PW-MY users relocating here, and there is a significantly noticeable influx of new or first time users, surprisingly.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *points to starting date* Me may not of been playing for a year, but me got to me lvl via Quests, CS, and a BH every now and then ^^

But now with hyper's out....me use them to lvl alts up, and every now and then on me main *points to avatar* so that me can hopefully achieve me goal of lvl 89. Though, me seriously be workin on getting Warsoul, so me usually ignore me lvl in advancement of chip count and cash so me can prove all others wrong b:wave
  • Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear
    Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And I was happy about reaching lvl 50 lol xD Im doing quests and sometimes bhs, I just enjoy doing quests more then run everyday the same road for bhs. Dont use hypers either xD.
    b:cute