Sword Bms Rock!!! >:d

Options
Reichle - Sanctuary
Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Blademaster
Yeah, I said it. I see all these BMs walking around trying to be barbs with axes, or picking fists because of shadowless kick...WELL YA KNO WHAT??? They're called BLADEmasters for cookiesakes!!!

My BM is well on her way to being sword focused. I've heard a little nit-picks here and there about how sword BMs are fail BMs. I DONT SEE HOW THIS IS TRUE. Myriad sword stance I know has the highest damage out of all the skill trees. So why do people hate on sword BMs?

Please let me know if I'm misinformed yall. I'm a sponge for info.
Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
Post edited by Reichle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hey
    Nice to see some other sword BM's out there...
    dw i went through the same phase as you on my 73 BM, but...i regretted it tbh
    yes, myriad hits like a bit** but, in most cases would you rather use myriad or the deadly dragon?> :P
    i restatted to sword/axe hybrid...played for a bit, then saw how weak the swords were, and restatted back to axe, then eventually restatted to axe/fists to find that i have no spirit left! great ey! so i hope the same doesnt happen to you
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah. I know how ya feel. But eventually you'll want to pick up either pole or fist to combine with your sword.

I'm currently a Sword/Fist hybrid and can tank mobs pretty good (if a healer is present ^.^).
    People use Axe/fist combo because Axe = Major PvE help, while Fists = Major PvP help.

Other then the fact that HF add's some good debuffs to increase dmg you do on a mob there isn't much else that is good in the axe skill tree. As for fists....hehehehh....you can see that for yourself ^^
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    People use Axe/fist combo because Axe = Major PvE help, while Fists = Major PvP help.

I do hope you know fists are major pve weapons as well. No weapon matches a well geared fist in 1v1 DPS.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I do hope you know fists are major pve weapons as well. No weapon matches a well geared fist in 1v1 DPS.

He called HF a debuff.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He called HF a debuff.

And he said nothing much else in axe tree that's good besides the "debuff"......
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And he said nothing much else in axe tree that's good besides the debuff.....

It's not a debuff. It's an amplification. A debuff would be like GS or Tangling Mire. Actually a bit shocked you don't know that yourself. >.>
    edited May 2010
    Options
    debuffs, buffs, amps, etc. I consider them all in the same category. So if your gonna bag on me for calling one thing another, then GTFO :)
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yes, I know that.

I was just stating what most people use the Axe/Fist combo for.
    Wasn't saying that fist can't be a awesome PvE weapon, just more people use the fist for PvP (as i've seen recently), then for the PvE concept.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    debuffs, buffs, amps, etc. I consider them all in the same category. So if your gonna bag on me for calling one thing another, then GTFO :)
    I'll nit pick for a different reason.
    Other then the fact that HF add's some good debuffs to increase dmg you do on a mob there isn't much else that is good in the axe skill tree.
    AoEs. Stuns. Nothing else good? GTFO
    Yes, I know that.

I was just stating what most people use the Axe/Fist combo for.
    Wasn't saying that fist can't be a awesome PvE weapon, just more people use the fist for PvP (as i've seen recently), then for the PvE concept.

Fists are amazing for PvE. With -.15 interval my BM slaughters mobs like a machine. Doesn't waste MP pots either, just use normal attacks. Need HP? Fists build chi like crazy so you'll always have at least 1 spark for diamond sutra. Increased life/defense mob? Double spark and kill it. Don't worry, you'll get the chi back in no time.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options

You just don't know much of anything.

Read my sig, you're partly the inspiration of it.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Michael: Um..No. You got that from a thread I had :P

Also, the fact I labeled them all the same is because I really don't give a damn about them <.<
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fists are amazing for PvE. With -.15 interval my BM slaughters mobs like a machine.
    Every class can slaughter a mob like a machine.

Doesn't waste MP pots either, just use normal attacks. Need HP? Fists build chi like crazy so you'll always have at least 1 spark for diamond sutra.
    You need fists or that? I do the same with my Axes.

Increased life/defense mob? Double spark and kill it. Don't worry, you'll get the chi back in no time.
    Every class can double spark, you don't need fists to get fast chi.

You're an idiot, BMs aren't supposed to be a DPS class, play an assassin or archer.
    have fun in PvE killing mobs 1 by 1 lol b:bye
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Meursault - Dreamweaver
    Meursault - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^High amounts of ignorance detected. Seriously how did you get to 87 without knowing basic things like attack rate, how chi is gained and that bm is THE dps class.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Every class can slaughter a mob like a machine.

Point.
    You need fists or that? I do the same with my Axes.

Normal attacks with fists kills mobs much faster than using normal attacks with axes. Axes can be used for killing mobs 1 by 1 but it's more efficient time wise to just AoE. AoE skills use MP. Unless you sit and meditate every time your MP gets low then you'll be either potting or using up an MP charm.

As for diamond sutra, heavens flame and double spark seem to eat up all my chi when I use axes. With just fists I can double spark as much as I want and I always have chi for sutra.
    Every class can double spark, you don't need fists to get fast chi.

Every class can double spark? Really? /sarcasm

Explain how to gain chi quickly. Restrictions are that no skills can be used and pots of any kind are not allowed either.
    You're an idiot, BMs aren't supposed to be a DPS class, play an assassin or archer.

BMs aren't 'supposed' to tank either. I guess that makes every BM tank an idiot as well. Oh, and I have a sin and archer.
    have fun in PvE killing mobs 1 by 1 lol b:bye

No thanks, using my axes to AoE is much more fun. b:bye

Fists are just when I'm feeling lazy and want the most difficult thing I do to be press Tab (auto target) > 1 (normal attack) > F1 (pick up drops) repeat with an occasional 6 for sutra.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's not a debuff. It's an amplification. A debuff would be like GS or Tangling Mire. Actually a bit shocked you don't know that yourself. >.>

I can't believe you don't see the continued sarcasm...xD...next time i'll make obvious more obvious....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm gona subscribe to this thread just for lolz. This is too awsome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Normal attacks with fists kills mobs much faster than using normal attacks with axes.
    Lol by much faster you mean a few seconds?

Axes can be used for killing mobs 1 by 1 but it's more efficient time wise to just AoE.
    DUH
    As for diamond sutra, heavens flame and double spark seem to eat up all my chi when I use axes. With just fists I can double spark as much as I want and I always have chi for sutra.

So wait, are you talking about AoE or 1 at a time? who uses Heavens Flame on one mob? When I kill mobs all I need is normal attacks and sutra, I have 6khp so By the time it's NECESSARY to use sutra I've already double sparked 3-4 times.

Explain how to gain chi quickly. Restrictions are that no skills can be used and pots of any kind are not allowed either.

Hit a mob with normal attacks lol? by the way who made these restrictions? If I NEED chi I will buy/make a few spark pots lol. Also at 89 sages can use a chi skill to regenerate 50chi.

BMs aren't 'supposed' to tank either. I guess that makes every BM tank an idiot as well. Oh, and I have a sin and archer.

Yes every tank BM is an idiot because they can't hold agro from a DD class, and if they lose agro they can't get it back = squad wipe out. Oh, and I don't care.

No thanks, using my axes to AoE is much more fun.

Fists are just when I'm feeling lazy and want the most difficult thing I do to be press Tab (auto target) > 1 (normal attack) > F1 (pick up drops) repeat with an occasional 6 for sutra.

So what you're saying is you're lazy and fists are for lazy people?

Fists suck end of story.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
    edited May 2010
    Options

Actually its important to understand the difference. learning who's skills overwrite who's which one is better to have...(talking squad here)

And above post I'll, um....let someone else educate him...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options

OK, you've been here since before the packs and BH ****ed up pretty much everything in the game so you should know what grinding is. Remember back in the day when you had to kill dozens (closer to hundreds) of mobs over and over? Yeah. Those 'few seconds' add up pretty damn fast.
    DUH
    And fists are better than axes for using normal attacks.
    So wait, are you talking about AoE or 1 at a time? who uses Heavens Flame on one mob? When I kill mobs all I need is normal attacks and sutra, I have 6khp so By the time it's NECESSARY to use sutra I've already double sparked 3-4 times.
    When I use axes I use them to AoE. When I want to kill using normal attacks I use fists. I suppose I could be be a dumbass and use my axe to kill mobs 1 by 1 with normal attacks when it would be far faster and more efficient to use fists.

Oh, and since mobs die faster when I use fists then they don't hit me as often. Because they don't hit me as often I don't need to use sutra as much. Because I don't need to use sutra as much then I can double spark much more than if I used axes. Because I double spark so much more then my damage is increased by double spark's effect a lot more. While under the effects of double spark my 2* spiritchaser claw +3 with -0.05 interval do more damage than my hefty poleaxe of giants +5 and has more than twice the attack speed of the poleaxe. By the way, that helps contribute to the 'kills much faster' part.
    Hit a mob with normal attacks lol? by the way who made these restrictions? If I NEED chi I will buy/make a few spark pots lol. Also at 89 sages can use a chi skill to regenerate 50chi.

Well, you claim that everything fists can do you can also do with axes. Fists generate chi quickly without the use of skills or pots. Tell me how you do the same with axes.

Sage skill gives 50 chi every minute. Yes, an amazing amount...not.
    Yes every tank BM is an idiot because they can't hold agro from a DD class, and if they lose agro they can't get it back = squad wipe out. Oh, and I don't care.
    My BM has held aggro from archers 10 levels above him. My BM has stolen aggro from barbs 5 levels above him who spam flesh ream and devour. My BM has let barbs take 15-20% of a boss' HP down by themselves and still stolen aggro from them before the boss gets down to 50% HP. My BM has had barbs, sins, archers, wizards, and psychics try to steal aggro from him and fail (well, the barb gets it for a couple seconds after every flesh ream but it comes back to my BM soon after). My BM uses fists on bosses.

I don't know what kind of failure you or any BMs you know might be if you can't keep aggro on bosses.
    Hm? Nope, I prefer to AoE with my axes despite the fact that it costs me more coins in the form of repairs and pots simply because it's more fun. Using fists for PvE is too easy to be any fun.
    Fists suck end of story.
    You're a moron. End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what was this thread about again?
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes every tank BM is an idiot because they can't hold agro from a DD class, and if they lose agro they can't get it back = squad wipe out.
    Speaking from experience, Mr. Axe BM?
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm gona subscribe to this thread just for lolz. This is too awsome.
    Speaking from experience, Mr. Axe BM?

Experience from observations by my level 8x cleric.
    I don't lose agro when I tank, I only tank if there is no other choice.
    and lastly I'm a bow BM :D
    edited May 2010
    Options
    OK, you've been here since before the packs and BH ****ed up pretty much everything in the game so you should know what grinding is. Remember back in the day when you had to kill dozens (closer to hundreds) of mobs over and over? Yeah. Those 'few seconds' add up pretty damn fast.
    Been here since sep 08, I AoE'd when I grinded so those few seconds from fists mean nothing.
    And fists are better than axes for using normal attacks.
    How often do you normal attack? if you grind you AoE if you are questing then who cares?
    Oh, and since mobs die faster when I use fists then they don't hit me as often. Because they don't hit me as often I don't need to use sutra as much. Because I don't need to use sutra as much then I can double spark much more than if I used axes. Because I double spark so much more then my damage is increased by double spark's effect a lot more.

It's a normal mob, why would I need to double spark to kill it? you make it sound like you are doing bh69 unwined. Only reason people use fists is because of the -INT and the obsession to get 5atps with demon spark. Fact is PvP = No stun lock easy to kite FAIL - PvE exp won't compare to AoE grinding, squads prefer Axe BMs.

Well, you claim that everything fists can do you can also do with axes. Fists generate chi quickly without the use of skills or pots. Tell me how you do the same with axes.

Sage skill gives 50 chi every minute. Yes, an amazing amount...not.
    I don't even need to sutra every minute, Master Li's Technique (chi skill) clears that up. Then I use my excess sparks to do whatever I want, which will most likely be on sparking.

My BM has held aggro from archers 10 levels above him. My BM has stolen aggro from barbs 5 levels above him who spam flesh ream and devour. My BM has let barbs take 15-20% of a boss' HP down by themselves and still stolen aggro from them before the boss gets down to 50% HP. My BM has had barbs, sins, archers, wizards, and psychics try to steal aggro from him and fail (well, the barb gets it for a couple seconds after every flesh ream but it comes back to my BM soon after). My BM uses fists on bosses.

*cough* Yes.. lol... what a load of ****. Sins are the highest DPS in the game followed by archers. Unless you are level 100 with deicide claws and 5 atps.

I don't know what kind of failure you or any BMs you know might be if you can't keep aggro on bosses.
    1) BMs are not tanks.
    2) BMs do not have agro stealing skills such as flesh ream.
    3) I am a fail because I rather play the role of a BM rather than a barb?
    And please note, Your damage comes from Str (5 per 2 levels for HA) an assassins damage comes from Dex thus they are dex based you are a combination of Str and Dex don't try to say an assassin couldn't steal agro from you, I know it's a load of ****. They are the highest DPS class lol.

Hm? Nope, I prefer to AoE with my axes despite the fact that it costs me more coins in the form of repairs and pots simply because it's more fun. Using fists for PvE is too easy to be any fun.
    So you agree axes are better?
    You're a moron. End of story.
    At least use a fist BM build if you are going to debate with me.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

DUH

Fists suck end of story.

make a lvl 1 alt on sanctuary

pm me

ill show you how fail fists are by taning a 1-3 with a full squad of lvl 8x DD of any class going all out no aggro will be lost will all of em going all out

lol sutra? what self respecting fist bm at 70+ uses sutra? dark flashes or a set of + int fists = 2 spark as all the healing i need

bm's dont need aggro skilsl when we can out DD anything our lvl

your a dumbass
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Typical sanctuary BM, doesn't know a thing lol
    joshuacja wrote:
    your a dumbass
    That's mean and makes you look stupid D=
    It's You're
  • Meursault - Dreamweaver
    Meursault - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

DUH

Fists suck end of story.
    "Self-deception is a process of denying or rationalizing away the relevance, significance, or importance of opposing evidence and logical argument."

Either this or trolling. No 3rd option.
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I started off as a sword bm, which I still love to be. Going 1:1 I have no issues dropping mobs and MSS has saved my **** so many times. Around lvl 70 I started to add axes to my game play basically for oh s**t moments and to aoe grind. I most say aoe grinding is a lot of fun and also being able to save a squad because you are hitting everything hard. But at 77 I was in a duel with a fist bm and he f**ked me up. Later I notice how easy it was for them to drop mobs 1 by 1 and decided to give it a shot. Being already a high dex build because of swords jumping to my lvl fist was easy. I'll be honest I'm loving them more than swords. Just spend 2 mil maxing fist mastery and picking up a few other skills. And I most say I may continue on the fist path to end game. I just love how fast I hit things. It may not seem like much hitting at 2k per hit but I'm hitting that mob a lot more times so I'm really doing a lot more damage.

Anyway don't want to make this too long, the point is play and do what you like. I'm in no rush perhaps I will chance my mind again how knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Typical sanctuary BM, doesn't know a thing lol
    Stuff

****, this idiot is on my server. Intelligence of HT has just dropped by a good amount thanks to you. Well done sir.
    "Self-deception is a process of denying or rationalizing away the relevance, significance, or importance of opposing evidence and logical argument."

Either this or trolling. No 3rd option.

I've seen him run around on HT before, he truly is as stupid as he seems. I remember seeing in someone's signature something along the lines of "Do you ever notice in PWI, the weaker someone is. The louder they talk?"
    Read; Mythsoul

Anyway, since he thinks he's superior to other people from other servers. I'll educate him a bit.

But first to the sword/axe issue.

MSS? Yeah sure, I know some BMs that carry around a basic NPC sword just to use MSS for rebirths. That's about it.
    DPS? What DPS? Oh you mean the DPS that doesn't even come close to fists?
    AoE? Hm? AoE? Son, you're confused.

That's for the swords part, they're outdone by any other weapon in terms of DPS and AoE grinding.

Now for the buffoon up there, reroll your BM. You have no clue what you're talking about.
    First of all: "BMs are not DDs, go roll a sin or an archer"
    My god, you know what you remind me of? Those hillbillies up in Texas "C'mere boi, ever mad luff to a man boi?"

That's how I would imagine you doing your daily thing. I will give props to any class out there that can steal and hold aggro from me when I'm going all-out and am supposed to tank. To top it off, I don't even have that much -int gear. Gorenox Vanity and my TT90 gold wrists. Barbs will lose their aggro to me in matter of seconds and once they do. They can FR all they want but they'll only gain it back for half a second before the boss will get back to me.
    Blademasters are THE highest DPS class in game. You're in your late 80's and still haven't figured that out. Damn, I always thought this game was ****** proof, guess not b:sad

As for the tanking part, lets talk end-game here. Considering it's so easily obtained these days, along with it's items and refines. A BM with good refined gear will easily have over 10 and close to 13-14k unbuffed HP. If you fetch yourself some barb buffs you're close to hitting 20k, usually around 18k HP.
    Well, damn. Given the right squad and BM equipment. The BM alone can go in to any instance and pretty much solo it with the whole squad just staring at him. Blademasters are given more advantage than Assassins from their skill bloodpaint, which essentially is a constant healing skill at 5 attacks per second, throw in demon spark damage with that and any amplifications and debuffs thrown at the mob/boss. You're pretty much going to be healing yourself faster than IH would be healing you, if not getting close to it.

I'm wondering if you even know how to play any class. Well, good luck in the future.
    Don't be a stranger when you crawl back with your tail between your legs once you hit 9x and realize every BM with a pair of fists is going to outshine you and make you look like a ****.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not only does he think he knows BMs better than other BMs, he thinks he knows archers better than the archers. Archers have long known, after help from BMs, that they don't have near our DPS in game with similar stat focus in gear. Anyone think this may be Lyndura's love child, left to fend for itself in the wilderness and brought up in darkness. And now, is trying to end the rennaisance of the BM class out of spite? Should make it into a movie, titled:

ClueDark
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • ChromoHax - Dreamweaver
    ChromoHax - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well the term blademaster obviously comes from the word blade. There is blades on an axe, pole, sword and even a fist if you look at some of these weapons. They all have blades. Not just a sword. Now if it wuz swordmaster that wud be different