Tideborn Shop problem

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
seriously what is this i bought it outta the catshop thinking i would be able to use it on all my characters not
being told that this would happen.

MermaidShop.png

... seriously wtf is this ****? i cant even share it between my characters?

Edit: this is what it says in the cash shop MermaidShop2-2.png

GM Response:
You guys are right, this was a mistake on our part.

Those of you who bought the item intending to trade/sell it, please submit a ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/

Our Customer Service team will assist you.

Meanwhile, we'll fix the tooltip in the Boutique as soon as possible to reflect the untradeable nature of the item.

-FrankieRaye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I didn't know it was even out yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow thnx for showing us that. I was going to buy one. But if I can't ever get rid of it if I wanted to or switch with my account stone it will be wasted gold.

Sorry that you found out too late :( This really sucks. Not even being able to switch it between characters is like.. SLAP! How much are they? Not updated on HT yet.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    5 gold for the tideborn shop the same as the cow shops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What's gold price at your server right now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited May 2010
    5 gold for the tideborn shop the same as the cow shops

For real... wow.. why would they do this? It doesn't even make good business sense.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010

400k b:cry

Edit: up top added the extra screenshot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ... seriously wtf is this ****?

Yes I think its **** b:chuckle
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    what is this stupid ****. they need to stop adding unessecary **** into this game
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I bought one too, and actually I was the one who pointed it out. I was like "WTF?! I can't put this in my account stash?!" And I looked at it again...sure enough. If I knew this **** before I bought it on my wizard, I would have just bought it on this character, since I use her more now. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Awww.. no 10 star orbs on sale.

Off topic i know
  • AppleInc - Dreamweaver
    AppleInc - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wtf is a note trade function,

And it being not tradable is a shameless act you guys did. The kitty shops are tradable are they not?
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i think cow shops are tradeable, though not 100% sure
    making it not even tradeable through account stash is a stab in the back of your customers, though. You add the account stash feature then make it essentially useless for something that your customers BUY? with no warning, too.

I know PWE is here to make a profit, but something like this is ... >_> Dishonorable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wtf is a note trade function,

Something tells me that it has something to do with 10 mil notes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol, what a rip-off. b:chuckle

Edit: The cow shops are sellable, tradable, and can be put in your account stash. Just buy one of them.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for making me waste 5 gold pwi.

I did the same as the thread starter, buying it from my main and hoping to transfer it to my shop, since it didn't say anything about being non-transferrable in the cashshop...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Fish shops instead of tiger shops? Aww.

But yeah - things become un-stashable, which is very very annoying. And not just because, you know, that stash is a paid-for feature.

I moved all my alts account stashes onto a single character to free up inventory space. And.. now I can't move them back. Well played PWI.

Also - yet more graphics lag in West Arch! Yay!

PLEASE can we get a filter to turn off shops?

Edit: The 'note trade' function is that you can buy/sell things using big-10m-bank-notes as currency, allowing you to exceed the normal limit on how much cash you have in an inventory and sell/buy for ridiculous prices.
    Whether that ever actually becomes useful is debatable...
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    There's a word for this... scam right? b:puzzled

(I mean account stash)
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    what is this stupid ****. they need to stop adding unessecary **** into this game

You people should know by now that all PWI truly cares about are boutique sales. Fixing long overdue bugs and glitches is not even on their "to do" list.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thanks for that, I was thinking of getting one for my veno shop but not now, not seeing that you can never sell/trade ect it. Why is this shop bound? Its a shop why cant we sell or trade or acct stash it?
    edited May 2010
    volst wrote: »
    There's a word for this... scam right? b:puzzled

(I mean account stash)

You can't put it in account stash either... apparently you missed that part.

This is a good thing kind of.. if they start making more items like this it will force gold down in game. If you buy items you can't trade.

However; they should have been made where you could put it in the account stash AND it also should have been made less gold since it serves the same function as the cow shop but with less perks.

It should say on the item tho when you buy it that it can't be traded etc..
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only advantage it seems to have over the cow shop is allowing a longer name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only advantage it seems to have over the cow shop is allowing a longer name.

You missed the part where it has many more disads than the cow shop, namely:
    - not tradeable
    - not account stashable
    - yet ... the same price, and no warning in boutique description

=P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If we pay to use the account stashes, why do they bother making boutique items non-tradable through the account stash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Are there lemon laws for virtual items? b:mischievous
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've seen this many times with other crapy companys, Bring something new out flawed. It sells like hot cakes, but then shortly after bring out a NEWER version with the fixes the customers wanted for the first version. Also put it at a tiny bit extra cost and make them buy it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is a good thing kind of.. if they start making more items like this it will force gold down in game. If you buy items you can't trade.

LOL! Explain your logic please. This I am interested in hearing.

However; they should have been made where you could put it in the account stash AND it also should have been made less gold since it serves the same function as the cow shop but with less perks.

It should say on the item tho when you buy it that it can't be traded etc..

I agree with this much, it's really underhanded of them to bring out a new item that serves the same function as older items, place trade restrictions on it and not mention it on the item info on the Boutique. Most people would assume that it's no different than the existing item, and that's pretty messed up. It should clearly state not tradable and not usable with the account stash. They need to change that or refund people who purchased it with the assumption that it was no different.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010

It's 410/370 on Sanct at the mo.

Ty OP for posting this -.-
    ROFL I think he means that due to the new shop being ****, this ONE item will affect gold price so much that it will go down, since nobody will buy it. (I'm guessing lol) b:heart aw orb sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparda77
    sparda77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWI hardly gives any refund and 98% of their objective is to lure players into buying these useless **** that doesn't do anything to further this game. I don't know what's worse; a company that scams people's money or the players that let themselves be fooled by this...oh well it's not my gold/$$$ anyway...
    edited May 2010
    If we pay to use the account stashes, why do they bother making boutique items non-tradable through the account stash?

Because it gets you to spend more zen..
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Are there lemon laws for virtual items? b:mischievous

I wish! I wish! I wish! And I think that if enough people were ticked off about it they'd either have to change it or they might possibly could go the way of "lemon laws".

I agree with this much, it's really underhanded of them to bring out a new item that serves the same function as older items, place trade restrictions on it and not mention it on the item info on the Boutique. Most people would assume that it's no different than the existing item, and that's pretty messed up. It should clearly state not tradable and not usable with the account stash. They need to change that or refund people who purchased it with the assumption that it was no different.

My logic is this::

If they would quit allowing the transfer of gold and or boutique items the in game value for things would go down. Boutique things that is...this is a start at that direction I believe. Thats what I'm trying to say.

It would also give cash shoppers a different type of edge. For instance... If platinum charms came out in the cash shop and weren't sellable/tradeable in game, that would then make cash shopping elite. That would mean that the gold would set actual prices for items. Unlike now where gold is at 410k but a gold charm (which cost 4 gold) is 1.3 mil. (MY server of course)I don't know where you did your math, but where I learned mine 410kx4 gold does NOT =1.3 mil. It is = to 1,640,000. Nothing irritates me more than someone to say they want a reset note but they won't pay more than xx.xx for it which is 300k less than the gold price.

Certain things in this game such as charms, dragon orbs etc will never be "lowered" in value. Fashion gets old and isn't wanted and it devalues. People are always going to want to use charms etc.

Anyways, if more items were more elite for just cash shoppers (and I mean NON game breaking items) then it would drive the cost of gold down for one, and also stop some of the price gouging that goes on.

I don't see anything wrong with Bronze/Silver charms being available to everyone.. maybe even gold. They should perma put plat charms in cash shop and make them untradeable if bought. Of course the ones you get from packs etc would be affected but I think its a good idea.

Then again.. I can't wait for you to tell me I'm nuts... happy posting!
    edited May 2010
    sparda77 wrote: »
    PWI hardly gives any refund and 98% of their objective is to lure players into buying these useless **** that doesn't do anything to further this game. I don't know what's worse; a company that scams people's money or the players that let themselves be fooled by this...oh well it's not my gold/$$$ anyway...

Lets get one thing straight; this company scams NO 1 out of money.

They do not hide the fact that their items are virtual and serve no real life monetary function.

They do not ask that you buy their "useless ****" at all. Matter of fact they don't even require that you buy their useful **** to play the game period.

I will agree that they made a faux pa with this one. They should have been more truthful with the description of the item. They did not in any way hide what the item was to be used for. They didn't say ok buy this and you can use it to type a longer shop name and have more items for sell and then suddenly you buy it and you can't type a longer shop name and can sell less items with it. THAT would be fooling someone and scamming them.

The shop item does what it says it does. But on the ASSumption of the players we all expected it would be the same as the cow shop, but just look different. Their bad for not making it more clear, and ours for ASSuming things!

But the company in NO way scammed anyone here.