Tideborn Shop problem

2»

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You guys are right, this was a mistake on our part.

Those of you who bought the item intending to trade/sell it, please submit a ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/

Our Customer Service team will assist you.

Meanwhile, we'll fix the tooltip in the Boutique as soon as possible to reflect the untradeable nature of the item.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Those of you who bought the item intending to trade/sell it, please submit a ticket here:

Meanwhile, we'll fix the tooltip in the Boutique as soon as possible to reflect the untradeable nature of the item.

As a supprise, today my friend bought me the Tideborn Shop(because I love purple). We meet up, and he couldn't trade it to me. Then we learned it was untradeable, but at least now we know it can be "fixed" sort of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Thnx for your reply Frankie...if I may make a suggestion or observation:

I think that making some items available thru the cash shop for the sole discretion of NOT remerchanting them out into the economy is a good thing, as I prior said in this thread.

However; I am unsure why the cost is the same. The mermaid shop should have been set at a lower price such as 2 gold maybe since it provides a service like the cow shop but is an item people must forever keep on the character they buy it on.

I totally like this move on the part of PWI, I just think their price is a bit too high and should not meet the price of the same product with more perks.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nice title edit. b:avoid

If the shop remains untradeable, it makes sense to lower the price. If the shop is tradeable, then it makes sense to keep it at the same price. Although, it does allow 3 more characters in the shop title than the cow shop does.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2010

So you made them untradeable and unaccountstashable just to sell more - one word sad!!

They should be tradeable and account stash able like the cow shops.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So you made them untradeable and unaccountstashable just to sell more - one word sad!!

They should be tradeable and account stash able like the cow shops.

I don't see how my reply gave you this impression.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My logic is this::

If they would quit allowing the transfer of gold and or boutique items the in game value for things would go down. Boutique things that is...this is a start at that direction I believe. Thats what I'm trying to say.

It would also give cash shoppers a different type of edge. For instance... If platinum charms came out in the cash shop and weren't sellable/tradeable in game, that would then make cash shopping elite. That would mean that the gold would set actual prices for items. Unlike now where gold is at 410k but a gold charm (which cost 4 gold) is 1.3 mil. (MY server of course)I don't know where you did your math, but where I learned mine 410kx4 gold does NOT =1.3 mil. It is = to 1,640,000. Nothing irritates me more than someone to say they want a reset note but they won't pay more than xx.xx for it which is 300k less than the gold price.

Certain things in this game such as charms, dragon orbs etc will never be "lowered" in value. Fashion gets old and isn't wanted and it devalues. People are always going to want to use charms etc.

Anyways, if more items were more elite for just cash shoppers (and I mean NON game breaking items) then it would drive the cost of gold down for one, and also stop some of the price gouging that goes on.

I don't see anything wrong with Bronze/Silver charms being available to everyone.. maybe even gold. They should perma put plat charms in cash shop and make them untradeable if bought. Of course the ones you get from packs etc would be affected but I think its a good idea.

Then again.. I can't wait for you to tell me I'm nuts... happy posting!

I'm actually neutral on this idea of yours, as I do know people that often sell items such as charms or other cash shop items to friends or guilder for cheaper than the current gold prices.

The one thing that you made no real attempt to explain is how this would affect gold prices. I'm scratching my head wondering, but as far as I can see it would make a lot of things available through the cash shop much more expensive.

During charm pack sales, not everyone will have enough coin to buy gold to get a 5 pack, yet the money shoppers will be able to stock up cheaply. If they became non-tradable, gold prices would still rise due to demand, yet only those rich enough would be able to afford the savings.

Aerogear and mounts are another example of things that would dramatically rise in price, and changing them to no-trade status would wipe cheap, used mounts away and your only option would be to buy from the cash shop with coin or real money, and the price would be significantly higher. No more used Max'd Nakir's for 4-5m, no more panthers for 1m, then you would need to make much more money in game to purchase these things.

Like I said, I wanted to hear your logic behind it. I got a nice detailed example of your idea, but there was no logic backing it up. Sorry, you didn't even begin to show me how this would be beneficial, so I've provided to you a couple ways how I see it would only hurt the poorer players.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I don't see how my reply gave you this impression.

Huh, see

that bit suggests you are keeping them as they are. So by all means give me a reasonable explanation (and all PWI players) as to why these are untradeable and not swappable between players if not to simply make more money?
    edited May 2010
    I'm actually neutral on this idea of yours, as I do know people that often sell items such as charms or other cash shop items to friends or guilder for cheaper than the current gold prices.

The one thing that you made no real attempt to explain is how this would affect gold prices. I'm scratching my head wondering, but as far as I can see it would make a lot of things available through the cash shop much more expensive.

During charm pack sales, not everyone will have enough coin to buy gold to get a 5 pack, yet the money shoppers will be able to stock up cheaply. If they became non-tradable, gold prices would still rise due to demand, yet only those rich enough would be able to afford the savings.

Aerogear and mounts are another example of things that would dramatically rise in price, and changing them to no-trade status would wipe cheap, used mounts away and your only option would be to buy from the cash shop with coin or real money, and the price would be significantly higher. No more used Max'd Nakir's for 4-5m, no more panthers for 1m, then you would need to make much more money in game to purchase these things.

Like I said, I wanted to hear your logic behind it. I got a nice detailed example of your idea, but there was no logic backing it up. Sorry, you didn't even begin to show me how this would be beneficial, so I've provided to you a couple ways how I see it would only hurt the poorer players.

I'm real good at getting derailed. I have ADD so sorry. Let me try again...

For people who buy stuff JUST to merchant.. lets take charms for example..

They would have to buy a "tradeable charm". This charm costs 4 gold for a gold charm.

But lets say someone who wanted to buy the item to actually USE it (non tradeable).. then they could get the same item at 3 gold. Maybe even 3.50.

With that kind of system, gold would still be bought through the a/h but there would be more control over how much items sky rocket or decrease in the game.

If you can make 10 gold go further because you are actually going to USE the items then more people might actually charge zen and be the casual cash shopper instead of the hard grinder. This would promote 2 things. Number 1 gold would go down, at least a little. People would still use things just as they do now and they could buy the tradeable or non tradeable item out of the shop. The difference is.. the price.

As far as my original post, I believe they are trying to make items that are non tradeable to stop some of the merchanting and price gouging or lowering if thats the case.

Of course my above rationale wouldn't apply to high ticket items such as anything over 5 or 10 gold.. but I am one who would also make hercs and nixs able to be sold. I believe if you spend that kind of money on any1 thing it should be tradeable/sellable.

I have much more examples but I think this should be sufficient to get my point across.
    edited May 2010
    Huh, see

that bit suggests you are keeping them as they are. So by all means give me a reasonable explanation (and all PWI players) as to why these are untradeable and not swappable between players if not to simply make more money?

They did not make them untradeable to "make more money". Its an item that they made unable to merchant. Who knows the reason for it...

From what he said they do plan to keep it untradeable. I don't see how that is a ploy to make more money? Once they fix the description, only people who want the item for good will want to buy them. That actually makes PWI make LESS money in this instance.
    edited May 2010
    I'm real good at getting derailed. I have ADD so sorry. Let me try again...

For people who buy stuff JUST to merchant.. lets take charms for example..

They would have to buy a "tradeable charm". This charm costs 4 gold for a gold charm.

But lets say someone who wanted to buy the item to actually USE it (non tradeable).. then they could get the same item at 3 gold. Maybe even 3.50.

With that kind of system, gold would still be bought through the a/h but there would be more control over how much items sky rocket or decrease in the game.

If you can make 10 gold go further because you are actually going to USE the items then more people might actually charge zen and be the casual cash shopper instead of the hard grinder. This would promote 2 things. Number 1 gold would go down, at least a little. People would still use things just as they do now and they could buy the tradeable or non tradeable item out of the shop. The difference is.. the price.

As far as my original post, I believe they are trying to make items that are non tradeable to stop some of the merchanting and price gouging or lowering if thats the case.

Of course my above rationale wouldn't apply to high ticket items such as anything over 5 or 10 gold.. but I am one who would also make hercs and nixs able to be sold. I believe if you spend that kind of money on any1 thing it should be tradeable/sellable.

I have much more examples but I think this should be sufficient to get my point across.

One thing you don't seem to get is that if you make these items non-tradeable, the people who would buy from these merchants most likely wouldn't be using real money to buy gold to get these items. Instead of buying from the merchants they would need to spend additional time to go to the Gold Trader, purchase gold, and get their items.

This would mean that anyone who would buy charms to resell them for coin, both cash shoppers offloading extras, to sell for extra coin and merchanters wouldn't be able to do so and the buyers would then be forced to use the gold trader to purchase gold... this would have an effect that all the people who normally buy from the merchants and not directly affecting gold prices to actually becoming a gold trader and raising the prices of gold directly.

Also, some people also just buy stuff from the cash shop with real money to sell because they don't want to use the gold trader and it's more convenient to just set up a stall and sell what you don't need.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    They did not make them untradeable to "make more money". Its an item that they made unable to merchant. Who knows the reason for it...

From what he said they do plan to keep it untradeable. I don't see how that is a ploy to make more money? Once they fix the description, only people who want the item for good will want to buy them. That actually makes PWI make LESS money in this instance.

Unable to trade means you can't trade it between players and you can sell it to a merchant.

By making it unable to trade this means you can't buy them from the boutique and sell them in catshops to players who for 1 reason or another may not be able to charge zen.

So yeh I suppose that means they will make a shed load less money as cash shoppers don't have any reason to buy more than 1 as they can't be sold in game.

I'll shush now!!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I submitted a ticket on this thank you frankie for the reply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited May 2010
    One thing you don't seem to get is that if you make these items non-tradeable, the people who would buy from these merchants most likely wouldn't be using real money to buy gold to get these items. Instead of buying from the merchants they would need to spend additional time to go to the Gold Trader, purchase gold, and get their items.

This would mean that anyone who would buy charms to resell them for coin, both cash shoppers offloading extras, to sell for extra coin and merchanters wouldn't be able to do so and the buyers would then be forced to use the gold trader to purchase gold... this would have an effect that all the people who normally buy from the merchants and not directly affecting gold prices to actually becoming a gold trader and raising the prices of gold directly.

Also, some people also just buy stuff from the cash shop with real money to sell because they don't want to use the gold trader and it's more convenient to just set up a stall and sell what you don't need.

Ok if the prices for items don't go up in the boutique, then people will be spending the same amount as before. What I'm suggesting that that people who charge zen or buy gold thru the auction house that aren't 'merchanting' are able to buy things at a lower cost.

If I need 3 gold to buy the item I want (a charm) rather than 4 gold, I'm still buying gold. But there has to be a balance. For those who want to buy them out of the boutique and resell items in a vendor, it will cost the F2P players a bit more coins then it does the gold=coin ratio.

For instance:

Gold Charm is 4 gold. Gold is at 1.6 mil for 4 gold. You'd rather not spend that much for an item you plan to use. You can either spend 1.2 mil for the gold to get the item thru the boutique by buying gold thru the auctioneer by buying the NON=TRADEABLE charm.. OR...

There is a merchant who has bought the TRADEABLE charm and is selling it in a cat shop for 1.5 mil.

Its always been that gold cost a bit more than items. Why because not everyone has the item you want when you look for it or shout for it or that you can find. So you buy gold to buy the item.

Of course this is just an example and not exact prices but I think maybe I got it right getting across this time?

What this would do is set apart the merchants, from the grinders, from the people who just want things for use not to resell.

It could work with most if not all items. Lets look at it this way...

Lets say Dark Lord wings (which I've drooled over) got put in boutique(eventually they will be) Now lets say you can buy them where you can not ever trade them or move them from your character for 20 gold. But if you ever think you might want to resell them or trade them or maybe even buying them just to merchant, they cost 40 gold. (just example of course)

There is a perk for people who are really wanting to just use items and it makes charging zen and being a cash shopper somewhat more elite. For those who think maybe they will change their mind or something better might come out they want, they are going to choose the 40.00 wings. They want to be able to recoup their money later on....

I dunno, I think it could be a good system to implement. I kind of feel this is what they are somewhat doing with the new shop thingy. Only they priced it too high (IMO) I could have it all wrong, but I see where this would be beneficial to everyone.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Account stash stone is kinda useless if more and more items like this are released b:laugh
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So yeh I suppose that means they will make a shed load less money as cash shoppers don't have any reason to buy more than 1 as they can't be sold in game.

Or those cashshoppers can just put their gold in ah... while all the FTP players that were buying from kitty merchants (often at lower prices than it would cost to purchase with current gold price, due to merchants having tons of stocks from sales) before will have to be forced to use the boutique, driving up the demand for gold. (However, more supply as well, not sure where the $ would stabilize)

I'd much rather set up an overnight shop to buy hyper for 300-320 or charms for 1,0-1.3 that I can resell or use later, than go buy directly with current GOLD prices at 410k ea... But wait ... I can't do that... non tradable...

I doubt cashshooppers will be hurts much. I will be as a nonCS merchant for a while, if the item is smth I trade with. Till I find smth better lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Account stash stone is kinda useless if more and more items like this are released b:laugh
    and really, how is this a surprise?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010

LOL not like you can stash your rank8 gear anyway noname ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL not like you can stash your rank8 gear anyway noname ;)

If I could, I would b:laugh
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh god. It's like in Ether Saga.

Please say that's the ONLY item that will ever apply to.

Involuntarily bound items are the worst idea to ever happen in an online game.
    edited May 2010
    I dunno, I think it could be a good system to implement. I kind of feel this is what they are somewhat doing with the new shop thingy. Only they priced it too high (IMO) I could have it all wrong, but I see where this would be beneficial to everyone.

That sounds too complex and difficult to implement. You're asking for two different botiques, one with tradable items for normal price and another with utradable for a lower cost.

This doesn't work for a number of reasons... so a player wants the new set of wings, so he buys the pre-bound ones for half price. PWI loses half the money and the sale of a binding charm, why would anyone buy the normal item?

How would this actually reduce gold prices? Well, if they opened a new boutique with items that were half off, I'm pretty sure gold prices would go through the roof as you've just made all the gold on the server worth a lot more... the market would have to correct itself and you'd see gold prices rise, not fall.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing your point, but it sounds too complex and doesn't offer a real solution, imo.
  • NICEVENN - Dreamweaver
    NICEVENN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Making Cat Shop Items "elite" nontradeable and thinking gold price will go down because its non tradeable and non cash player get it for cheaper is wrong. I use cash and sell it for coins to buy stuff in game because its cheaper.

If cash shop"elite" items were more non tradeable elites I'll sell my gold and get the lower mount from the pet manager hehe. Making things elite does not drop gold, coins, etc go down at all.

Case in point in history.
    Tulip Mania (Tulip bulbs the flower) was worth more then land
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Present day
    Look up beanie babies(not anymore but was recent), Corals (tyree limited ed.), etc

When things are limited end user value always stay up. Picture if TV, Cars, Frig, can't be resold. The resellable ones 2x the price no one will pay for it. There was a geek report on why harddrive doesn't last long a failed after a few years. I can't find that link anymore but they did ask people "If computer company can make HD last 10+ years and cost 2x the current price. A lot of people said "no, they would not pay that price"
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *bump*

so i sent in a ticket like 5 days ago and still haven't received a reply

obviously pwi just doesn't care about non-cashshoppers' issues...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup