TT Bosses Offensive and Insulting

Irae - Harshlands
Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I was in a TT run and when we reached the boss Chienten, I heard him repeatedly use the word 'Reee-taard'. It is quite apparent if you have your effects volume up. As a mentally handicapped person I find this incredibly insulting. I simply cannot believe that PWI would deliberately offend such a large portion of its userbase. Just because I am legally mentaly disabled does not mean I want to be constantly reminded of the fact by this belligerent boss.
Post edited by Irae - Harshlands on

Comments

• A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    large portion of its userbase.

so true.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    O_O holy ****, now i realise it.. he DOES say it all the time, its actually quite funny to meb:chuckle I know alot about jokes to mentally handicapped people.
    now, dont get me wrong, ive got ADHD, this game was made in another country, so they probably didnt even know that the monster was sayin a word that meant something different in other countrys.

I'm really sorry this offended you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    >.> u prolly dont take into account they did not change the sound from the orginal version way back in china to here? to them it may be another word, or just a noise. and this sounds too much like listening to records backwards to hear secret messages for me to even care
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Turn your volume/sound effects off? O_o

To say that it was intentional....well I am not sure on that one.

Some are more sensitive to certain things then others, but seriously....it is a boss and who knows what it is really saying or meant to say, but I am sure it was not placed there to "intentionally" disturb or offend people.

It is a game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmm. And here I always thought he was telling me to Read More.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was in a TT run and when we reached the boss Chienten, I heard him repeatedly use the word 'Reee-taard'. It is quite apparent if you have your effects volume up. As a mentally handicapped person I find this incredibly insulting. I simply cannot believe that PWI would deliberately offend such a large portion of its userbase. Just because I am legally mentaly disabled does not mean I want to be constantly reminded of the fact by this belligerent boss.

Playing in a fantasy game, you would think your imagination runs wild. Or this is a personal attack on how some mobs COULD be speaking in chinese/japanese or some other language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not to be rude, but... seriously?
    If it bothers you that much lower your volume, I've never heard the boss say this - then again I play my own music while playing PWi. Moreover, I fail to see how you're constantly reminded of your disability due to this boss - do you just sit next to him or something? Most PWi bosses drop after 3 minutes. Just ignore him, I'm sure you've dealt with much worse. I'm color-blind - a much more common disability - and yet I don't demand that Perfect World be Black and White.

This likely wont be changed, and I'd laugh it if was. As someone else pointed out this was developed in China; I doubt they meant any offense. The developers probably have more pressing issues than one mildly-offensive boss...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, been known. But it's not just chintien, the smaller versions of him in FB79 and such say the same thing when you aggro them. When you kill the flame guys in FB39, they shout Mushroom when they die! Also, I think the chintien minis cuss when they die, it sounded pretty close to saying oh **** when they fall. It was a mob in FB79 at least that sounds like they say it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't think we let the boss get away with it. Why do you think Chintien's drops sell for the least :D?
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    lololololololololololololololololololololol. Lol
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lololololololololololololololololololololol. Lol
    That pretty much sums up what I think about this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I hear Belial hate targets black people. and then he drinks the blood of babies while discriminating against women

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT THREAD EVERYONE LET THE WORLD KNOW.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I hear Belial hate targets black people. and then he drinks the blood of babies while discriminating against women

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT THREAD EVERYONE LET THE WORLD KNOW.

b:sad This is true b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:sad This is true b:cry

Also it punched my mother.b:cry
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Also it punched my mother.b:cry

b:angry Alrite...let's go get the that dog later b:angry

Pitch forks are rdy for action...b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Irae - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    I think A_Noob was the first to catch on here
  • OHa - Heavens Tear
    OHa - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Turn your volume/sound effects off? O_o

To say that it was intentional....well I am not sure on that one.

Some are more sensitive to certain things then others, but seriously....it is a boss and who knows what it is really saying or meant to say, but I am sure it was not placed there to "intentionally" disturb or offend people.

It is a game...

I wouldn't be too sure of that , to many coincidences like this one , check out items and mobs names , I swear to god I can't stop grinnin' , its annal , or what was that boss i killed today on my alt squirtalot , gezzalot or something of that sort.

I think Chinese peeps put it intentionally , just to **** with a Westerners a bit. b:laugh
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2010

b:surrender I really don't! Besides, I am not a he! b:chuckle
    I wouldn't be too sure of that , to many coincidences like this one , check out items and mobs names , I swear to god I can't stop grinnin' , its annal , or what was that boss i killed today on my alt squirtalot , gezzalot or something of that sort.

I think Chinese peeps put it intentionally , just to **** with a Westerners a bit. b:laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annals - not as rude as you think.

Also, I never found Haggist's surname rude (Gezzlot) - though I'll struggle to think of him the same way again ><.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    O_O holy ****, now i realise it.. he DOES say it all the time, its actually quite funny to meb:chuckle I know alot about jokes to mentally handicapped people.
    now, dont get me wrong, ive got ADHD, this game was made in another country, so they probably didnt even know that the monster was sayin a word that meant something different in other countrys.

I'm really sorry this offended you

Now that he mentioned it O.O...I thought i was crazy because I heard one of the mobs say REEEETARRRDD, and the rest of my squad didnt hear it. b:shocked
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not to be rude, but... seriously?
    If it bothers you that much lower your volume, I've never heard the boss say this - then again I play my own music while playing PWi. Moreover, I fail to see how you're constantly reminded of your disability due to this boss - do you just sit next to him or something? Most PWi bosses drop after 3 minutes. Just ignore him, I'm sure you've dealt with much worse. I'm color-blind - a much more common disability - and yet I don't demand that Perfect World be Black and White.

This likely wont be changed, and I'd laugh it if was. As someone else pointed out this was developed in China; I doubt they meant any offense. The developers probably have more pressing issues than one mildly-offensive boss...

^ This. Seriously, people think of the most crazy things to complain about in this game. Next people are going to complain that Farren in fb39 makes fun of housewives (because its holding pots and pans for those who don't know.), its ridiculous...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If the boss offends you so much, kill it.

Except Belial... he can do whatever he wants, I don't wanna die!b:cry
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Rofl Krisnda xDDb:chuckle , lols i kno the bosses say weird stuff but havent heard any of them say offensive stuff yet =o or havent noticed better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Or also DBZ fans are going to complain about that frost boss (i think) that says Super, Powerful, Mighty, Whatever slash, or something XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is horrible. How can PWI let these bosses roam around without repercussion? I say we all screenshot them, fraps it and submit tickets. Let's get these bosses banned from the game. Its not like we can add these mobs to our blacklist or anything...

These mobs are clearly in violation of the TOS. GMs! The people have spoken! b:chuckle
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No bosses, no drops.

No drops, no equips.

This whole thread is full of ROFL.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lmfao now that you mention it, it does sound like Reeetard. But I don't think what the mobs/bosses say is in English but in Chinese, who knows what Chintien actually really says b:sin
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh now I stand corrected!! I was sure he was asking for REBAR!!

Rebar (short for reinforcing bar), also known as reinforcing steel. I must listen more closely next time.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    RoAr !
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allimc99
    allimc99 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol my sis said she thought Ethereal Abomination in Brimstone Pit was blowing a raspberry at her...or something worse.

I will say this though, I'm sorry you're offended; I'm one with some mental disability too (ADHD and anxiety among them) but this is something to take up with the Support page. Unfortunatly, too many people who play this game just get laughs out of other people's discomfort, and think that anyone who does no think like them is either a noob or just plain stupid. Belive me, I've run into enough jerks in this game to know (looks at 80% of a particular faction in Heaven's Tear).
    That being said, I also side with the person who said that PWI probably didn't mean it. I know a relative of mine told a story about how he went to Japan for a business trip and had given someone a gesture. To an American, its a simple gesture of asking someone to come over. To Japan, that gesture is made palm's down to a person, but palm up (the way he did it) to a dog, and to do palm up to a person is downright insulting.
    Point of my stupid tangent: its probably a culture gap, and there's enough hate in the world without jumping in offense at the insignificant things.

If this still bothers you, by all means, take it up with the Support. If you're lucky, they might actually LISTEN to you ('cause heaven knows they don't to me). But unfortunatly, not everyone in the forums will think the same way, and they certainly don't have the power to do anything about it. :\
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Aside from the fact I'm still LOL'ing at the comment about a large number of players being mentally challenged... and I agree with that but I don't think they will... b:chuckle

The OP is right. The word "******" is filtered out of our game as being offensive in chat...

so if it's inappropriate to say that in chat then it is inappropriate for bosses to hurl it as an insult at players...

irregardless who they are saying it to.
This discussion has been closed.