GM response to price change ordeal (not DQ)

2»

Comments

• Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Without scrolling through the pages, and I apologize if it's a repeat question in this thread, but while you're researching any word on the Mirage rate for break downs. This was never announced as part of a patch, but there is clearly a reduction in the number of mirages you get from 3 star items now.

And for those who wonder, yes all items are fully repaired before breaking down. It used be based on the grade of an item you would get a number of mirages. The higher the grade the more mirages. This has without a doubt been reduced. Although I will admit it may have been fixed in the last patch. I have neither seen notes about a fix or tried decomping because I don't want to only get 2 mirages for a level 8x 3 star item again.

Thank you
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your right it (changes to the decomposed mirages from equipment ) was never announced , it was found out by the players... Makes you wonder what's next that will be 'coincidently discovered' . I really wonder why they announced the 20% reduction of DQ NPC selling price BEFORE it happened . It does not fit in line with their way of doing things... I wonder the real , true, reason for actually disclosing it before-hand???
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Your right it (changes to the decomposed mirages from equipment ) was never announced , it was found out by the players... Makes you wonder what's next that will be 'coincidently discovered' . I really wonder why they announced the 20% reduction of DQ NPC selling price BEFORE it happened . It does not fit in line with their way of doing things... I wonder the real , true, reason for actually disclosing it before-hand???

I think it is to get massive QQ in forums, so they can SS it and send to Dev's. b:laugh
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad I'm Autistic then, I get to point and laugh at you for doing something so horrible.*cough* (not making fun of Autism though, since I REALLY do have it.)

I don't really consider autism to be mentally challenged... they're more like... in a different state of consciousness apart from our typical reality. I know they're not all stereotypical savants, but that's a far step from acting intelligent rather than being so.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, I know my 2 cents might not be worth it, but why don't we make a happy medium?
    There's a limit to just about everything in the game: A limit to how much your bank can hold, a limit to how much your inventory can hold (coin wise and item wise) and im pretty sure theres a limit on the supply stash. There's also a limit to how much gold can be traded. If you ever read the gold trade guide it tells you that the most you can deposit is 200,000,000 coins and 9,999 gold into the gold trade account. Npc's have a set price: They will only sell items for X amount, but then again they will only buy items for X amount. Just about the only the that doesnt have a limit is Player to player trade, Catshops, and the Auction house. This is why it's so easy for player's to rip off other players (except in the auction house, where you see everything before you buy)
    Let's take 2 items for example: Lunar Glade Insignia- Weapon and Mystical Orb. Both items look exactly the same so it would be easier for someone to get scammed. This is why Im wondering what ppl would think if the devs put a stronger limit on trade items.
    They did this in another game (not to be mentioned) And it seemed to work out fine there. Like, there, you cant sell anything over 3k what its worth, or 3k less than what it's worth. Except if they did it here I imagine it would be a lil bit different here. Items with more value would like mounts, charms, weapons, armor, and boutique items would have a wider limit range. While items like herb and mats would have a smaller limit range.

This would NEVER work. Let me explain why:

They would be having to constantly change these limits. Let me give an example. A year ago when there was way less high level characters on any server a specific legendary item (for example misty forest rings) were like 5mil. Before you could get the mold from the mysterious merchant. Now, due to chips and there being a lot more higher levels in the game cycling out of those rings, the price of them is more like 1.5 mil. They would have to constantly be changing the high/low value of items based upon the control number of users for the items. Thats more work than anyone wants to put into a game.

Without scrolling through the pages, and I apologize if it's a repeat question in this thread, but while you're researching any word on the Mirage rate for break downs. This was never announced as part of a patch, but there is clearly a reduction in the number of mirages you get from 3 star items now.

And for those who wonder, yes all items are fully repaired before breaking down. It used be based on the grade of an item you would get a number of mirages. The higher the grade the more mirages. This has without a doubt been reduced. Although I will admit it may have been fixed in the last patch. I have neither seen notes about a fix or tried decomping because I don't want to only get 2 mirages for a level 8x 3 star item again.

Thank you

They did this and it sucks. I enjoyed getting 3 stars and getting 3 mirages or more from decomp so that I could try to refine my gears. Essentially they are making the price of mirages go up because there won't be as many in circulation. Again, they think they are controlling inflation but all they are doing is making it worse.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You mean jumping to conclusions based off incorrect information and stating it as fact which has proven you to be completely wrong.

At least man-up and admit you were wrong and apologize. :P

Give her a freakin break sheesh...b:surrender
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This would NEVER work. Let me explain why:

They would be having to constantly change these limits. Let me give an example. A year ago when there was way less high level characters on any server a specific legendary item (for example misty forest rings) were like 5mil. Before you could get the mold from the mysterious merchant. Now, due to chips and there being a lot more higher levels in the game cycling out of those rings, the price of them is more like 1.5 mil. They would have to constantly be changing the high/low value of items based upon the control number of users for the items.

Mistake #1 is that players should NEVER set the prices. Hell, a player could sell that misty forest ring for 10m if another player was stupid enough to buy it for that much. If you read my 2nd post, I explaned it even further. The players would still have room to make a profit based off the trade limit of that item. And you wouldn't be constantly changing it, cause once it's "set" into the system, it's set.
    >.<
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Thank you

Yes, please do look into this. I was very irritated when I repaired high level items and ended up losing money with the decomp because we were given no notice. And it is a ridiculous change. Those 3*s were the only things that helped pay people back for the wine used in BHs and now they are mostly useless.

I guess, though, it is all about money. Giving us less mirages means more people buying dragon orbs, and now they even bring back the pack that gives mirages as top chance instead of tokens. Coincidence?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I *swear* Pure Water used to be 50 not 52. I mean isn't 52 a kind of odd number anyway? Why not a nice round one like 50 >.>

And small healing potions 51 coins...why the 1...the 5% price rise thoery fits there.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I *swear* Pure Water used to be 50 not 52. I mean isn't 52 a kind of odd number anyway? Why not a nice round one like 50 >.>

And small healing potions 51 coins...why the 1...the 5% price rise thoery fits there.

Perhaps they just used a general algorithm and applied it across the board on all/select items rather than individually price them. Would be easier and more efficient that way rather than individually changing each item.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you want to talk about water... i think i remember that there were actually some npc's that sold it for 52, and some that sold it for 75 coins.
    >.<
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Nah, the price has been at 52 for a while now, because I remember thinking the exact same thing when I bought them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anythinggoes
    anythinggoes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010

fits, except for the fact that 5% of 50 = 2.5
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Thank you

This issue is discussed at length here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=686722
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2010
    oxytorch wrote: »

We announced it before it happened because we ourselves had the information in advance, which is unfortunately not always the case.

We're not trying to slip these changes past you. Even taking out the moral aspect of it, players are always going to discover these things, and the repercussions of that happening are far worse than the QQ that occurs when we give you advance notice.
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2010
    ok, what is that candle, seriously? lol

I can't say exactly, except that the players must never, ever possess it, as it would surely tip the balance of power of the GM/player relationship.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think it's cool that Frankie actually took the time to comment here. I still want to know what the Dev's say about this.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Give her a freakin break sheesh...b:surrender

It's not a her, it's a him and no. If you read that thread and his attitude and accusations, you shouldn't let him have a break either. Geez
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can't say exactly, except that the players must never, ever possess it, as it would surely tip the balance of power of the GM/player relationship.

oh boo Frankie, just tell us what it does and Ill b:shutup
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oh boo Frankie, just tell us what it does and Ill b:shutup

they dont have a banhammer its the ban candleb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2010

He's banned a lot of people then b:shocked
    The quest (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/20855) gives 1000, and he only has 76x left (hard to read that last digit, but I think it's an 8)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Probably gives some crazy buffs when consumed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited May 2010

What do they ban you by pouring hot wax on you b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Either way, really, what do they doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Probably gives some crazy buffs when consumed.

anti-stun for one hour i believe
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    quiv wrote: »
    anti-stun for one hour i believe

Well that would be useless since we already know they have that No Effect (invincible) mode in GM Console (some people didnt know about console but I know most of you know that no effect thing)
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow whats with the hair and face shapes b:chuckle That looks hilarious xD

I always wondered.. Why do GMs always look so horrible and hideous? LOL
    Sorry to say that! xD But you guys are GMs... can't you guys make your characters look really pretty/handsome or something? ROFL

<___< First time I saw a GM I was shocked... Horrible dyed fashion urrrrgh b:spit Don't make me start on the hair >___>
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sworn to secrecy? that sucks lol we know you know what it does, and I don't thhink there's much that can tip that scale lol, I mean, unless we get out hands on GM gear anyway lol
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Correction : Pwdatabase is actually correct - in the actual data.

Pwdatabase is based on the actual data on the client, what it doesn't factor into account is that most NPC's add a 5% fee for buying from them (I assume leftover from a tax based territory system). Therefore the entire problem is the extra fee - note that not all NPC's actually charge the same fee and can be different, and may infact even change.

On a side note: candles increase your movement speed to max (15 m/s) and make you immune to movement debuffs.

EDIT: Candles effect last 1 hour. Movement debuff includes stun etc. (you stop moving and therefore move slower)