GM response to price change ordeal (not DQ)

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Original thread I'm responding to for those of you who missed it: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=717322

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long on this; I've been running around doing some detective work, and I wanted to show you something:

Screen shot of Laughing Spirit Blades - Taken 8/15/08 on our Test Server
Note: Item name originally had a typo: was missing an "h"

oldpricesmall.jpg
Price: 70,600

Screen shot of Laughing Spirit Blades - Taken Today on Live Server
newpricesmall.jpg
Price: 70,600

As you can see, the price on this item has not changed since the game was launched, as the first screen shot was taken about two weeks before launch.

Screen shot of PW Database's entry for Laughing Spirit Blades

pwdatabasesmall.jpg
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/5853
Price on PW database: 67,200

So this may actually demonstrate that PW Database cannot always be trusted for all in-game info. You may not know this, but that database has been around since before we launched; it was originally created for a non-USA version of the game that came out before ours.

In any case, we are currently getting into contact with the Devs to get to the bottom of this, so thanks for your patience and try not to jump to conclusions just yet.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well that's reassuring to know :) Thank you Frankie.

You know we gotta ask though: any word on the DQ situation, or is that still in correspondence with China?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ty for the clarification Frankie

P.S. I want to be a veno with elf wings like in the first picture D: (of course I'd prefer to be a barb XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ty much. I highly appreciate it. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for keeping us informed, Frankie - I can only imagine the headache things like this cause you folks in Cali.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • XWizz - Lost City
    XWizz - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    psssst....you has mail!b:shutup
    Reasons to be an Assassin - Invisibility...and the additional benefit of doing damage that should be illegal.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well that's reassuring to know :) Thank you Frankie.

You know we gotta ask though: any word on the DQ situation, or is that still in correspondence with China?

Yeah we're asking them about that too :)
  • Dea_Tacita - Sanctuary
    Dea_Tacita - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to check this.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shocked is that charm packs and hyper? can i have some plz :P o.o looks like some skills books too... wondering wat u got :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah we're asking them about that too :)

I want to know why the lower the price as a result of hacking instead of....fixing the hacking....b:angry. They will just **** more drops if this is the solution. b:scorn
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    least we got a reply. after being used to none I'd glad to see at least things are being investigated. thanks frankie

and yea, my original posting might have been a little over-zealous, but we're all uptight and suffering the changes that are being made, and dealing with inflation. The little guys feel it more. People in Nefarious (Sanctuary) or Calamity (Dreamweaver) don't feel the prices too much, having lots of stockpiled coin already, it doesn't hurt them too much. but someone like me scrounging up 13k or so on average with 10k in repair from doing it sometimes tends to hurt alot.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    and yea, my original posting might have been a little over-zealous,

You mean jumping to conclusions based off incorrect information and stating it as fact which has proven you to be completely wrong.

At least man-up and admit you were wrong and apologize. :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    You mean jumping to conclusions based off incorrect information and stating it as fact which has proven you to be completely wrong.

I think your sig says it all..
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shocked is that charm packs and hyper? can i have some plz :P o.o looks like some skills books too... wondering wat u got :P

the candle is a hover-board

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's reassuring, I was kind of surprised and worried about the lack of concrete information and the explosion of rumors... But apparently our new community GM is up to the task!
    Thanks so much Frankie,
    Euphy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »

ok, what is that candle, seriously? lol
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok, what is that candle, seriously? lol

They are these http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/13331 and I have seen them in other GM given screenies, just I have no clue what they do

Edit: Also wonders why you only have 1-6 for number key's, kinda interesting considering PWI has 9, and all other PWs have 6.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Edit Edit: aw damnit missed that it was from 2008
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    since GMs are paying attention, maybe they can answer that? lol we all see their gear, and we see they have them lol might as well spill the beans on what they are :P
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh the candle is a drop in certain instances. They add +40 to defense and attack levels. Don't drop often tho.

Near as I can tell, the best way to get one to drop is to chant "Ted is great, Ted is great, Ted is great" over vent before each mob you kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    They are these http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/13331 and I have seen them in other GM given screenies, just I have no clue what they do

Edit: Also wonders why you only have 1-6 for number key's, kinda interesting considering PWI has 9, and all other PWs have 6.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/20855

Seems as if the devs really love packs and pack like items.

Apparently the GM's need to open an 'Untold Secret' to get a quest which auto-completes and gives 200 mil coins, 200k rep, and maxes inventory, pet bag, and chi/sparks. Oh, and it gives a chance to get GM armor/wings/weapon or a god's remedy. I'm guessing god's remedies are about as common to GMs as the tokens are for use normal players.

But seriously, what the heck does it do? Can ya tell us frankie?
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Screen shot of Laughing Spirit Blades - Taken 8/15/08 on our Test Server

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It was pretty clear NPC prices did not go up and its sad GMs time was wasted debunking it.
    Those who do crazy stone know the total price of the stones was 71550 before and after the patch.

As for the mystery candles, they are either teleport stones, give the anti-stun / speed buff seen in the pic, or they are what gives GMs the invulnerability we sometimes see them with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It was pretty clear NPC prices did not go up and its sad GMs time was wasted debunking it.
    Those who do crazy stone know the total price of the stones was 71550 before and after the patch.

As for the mystery candles, they are either teleport stones, give the anti-stun / speed buff seen in the pic, or they are what gives GMs the invulnerability we sometimes see them with.

I know for a fact they dont give the invincibility thing, because I have made a server of my own before (after much much much googling and testing and annoyingness) they have a console with an option to turn it on and off, and they can even pull monsters out of the blue and they can start events if they wish with it (or even make the mailboxes go poof and replace with an npc that sells teles and does mail), but, every time I tried getting the magic candles, server crashed -.- so I have no idea what they do
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010

if it was "clear" no one would have to bother with it, and there'd be no speculation, would there? even though the issue was trivial to some and was indeed false, it still shows that the GMs care enough to look unto things.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »

b:dirty wats the fly speed? does it need to be upgraded :P coz u know.. i dont want to spent too much money b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think your sig says it all..

Yes, I like to laugh at and mock the mentally challenged. b:pleased

Agreed. I hope he pats himself on the back.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, I know my 2 cents might not be worth it, but why don't we make a happy medium?
    There's a limit to just about everything in the game: A limit to how much your bank can hold, a limit to how much your inventory can hold (coin wise and item wise) and im pretty sure theres a limit on the supply stash. There's also a limit to how much gold can be traded. If you ever read the gold trade guide it tells you that the most you can deposit is 200,000,000 coins and 9,999 gold into the gold trade account. Npc's have a set price: They will only sell items for X amount, but then again they will only buy items for X amount. Just about the only the that doesnt have a limit is Player to player trade, Catshops, and the Auction house. This is why it's so easy for player's to rip off other players (except in the auction house, where you see everything before you buy)
    Let's take 2 items for example: Lunar Glade Insignia- Weapon and Mystical Orb. Both items look exactly the same so it would be easier for someone to get scammed. This is why Im wondering what ppl would think if the devs put a stronger limit on trade items.
    They did this in another game (not to be mentioned) And it seemed to work out fine there. Like, there, you cant sell anything over 3k what its worth, or 3k less than what it's worth. Except if they did it here I imagine it would be a lil bit different here. Items with more value would like mounts, charms, weapons, armor, and boutique items would have a wider limit range. While items like herb and mats would have a smaller limit range.
    >.<
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    sutra = 1k coin (NPC price)

now try getting some of that. it's only aviable if you own 1 specific land (there are 2 places) so it is VERY rare. Anyone selling those would make them go for at LEAST 500k each, and a faction owning both lands can sell it for literally anything (or not sell it at all) your idea would be completely useless in this situation.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Epic siggy ftw.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm saying the mistake is that the PLAYERS SET THE PRICES when they trade items. I'm not talking about npc prices, let's forget about that for a sec.
    Let's take a pig iron for example: face value to a PLAYER = 1k. Any PLAYER wanting to buy it would only be able to buy it for let's say 500 less or 500 more. Price range limit would be 500-1.5k for PLAYERS.
    Let's take another item for example: Lunar glade insignia wep. face value to a PLAYER = 60m. Any PLAYER wanting to buy it would only be able to buy it for let's say for 10m less... or 10m more. Price range limit would be 50m-70m for that item.
    Let's also take into account the sutra: If player face value for that item is 500k. Any player wanting to buy it would only be able to buy it for 100k less, or 100k more than the player face value. Price range limit would be 400k-600k.
    So im not talking about npc prices, Cause Npc's are obviously cheap. Im talking about player to player trade limit. Players can sell ANY item for w/e price they want to, to another player. But if we have a more focused trade limit between PLAYERS then maybe it could stop the inflation.
    >.<
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    SyMei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes, I like to laugh at and mock the mentally challenged. b:pleased

I'm glad I'm Autistic then, I get to point and laugh at you for doing something so horrible.*cough* (not making fun of Autism though, since I REALLY do have it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]