ppl claiming to have farmed rank 8

Options

Comments

• WWGD - Sanctuary
    WWGD - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle yes everyone has all sorts of this coinage just lazing around this is why the market is so bad am i right? wth would be the point of playing this game anymore if you had that kind of coin itd be like bill gates saving his pennies for a car.

b:nosebleed and why do most jump straight to jealousy the moment they read the thread if i cared that much about rank id do things to work towards getting it idc about it though barbs rank gears arent worth getting if you ask me the time i spent farming for that stuff would be much better spent farming for nirvana 100 zerk axes im merely trying to point out the fact that i thought i could find something that would still make the game seem meaningful with real goals to accomplish with out having someone being able to do it with their mommy and daddys CC i know money can be made easily on this game i made 9 mil last night in catshop selling random **** ive had in bank for months i dont use anymore.

*sigh* only thing left that hasnt been acheived thats still of unatainable uber greatness is warsoul weapons however theres no instance you can farm for all the mats certain mats (warsoul/warsoul of light) only can be gotten with chips so unless you run cube day and and day out getting chips like crazy and beyond the limit of coin the game allows you to carry this will probably never be acheivedb:surrenderb:bye

I don't get your analogy.
    I gave up on reading the rest.

EDIT: I remember seeing a thread with a merchant trying to get to 10 billion coins. Last I saw, he had about 2.5 billion in assets. I bet if he keeps going, he has a chance to get it. You also seem to forgot about 10 million big notes so you can carry billions of coins in forms of notes.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *Hands over wraith soldiers dog tag*
    Make sure to remember me when you get your rank 8. b:cute
    1) Get some hax

2) Transfer Rose to HT

3) Farm HH and sell for $$

4) Wait for packs to come back

5) Buy tokens and turn into badges

6) Get your Rank 8

7) Put Rose back on LC

I would help b:cute

Hehe...who needs friends when you have slaves like these...? b:sin

...oh, wait. Did I say that out loud? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Barb HP should be capped at 16k and Armageddon needs to be nerfed. Like that too?
    How did you even get to this comparison? Barb HP suffers from diminishing returns (because it's additive, not multiplicative) while the borken interval system benefits from exponential increasing returns. And yes don't tell me it's not broken because -channeling does not work that way, fair much?

A barb to get his HP works a lot more and gets less returns than a BM even, multiplicatively speaking (i.e ratio of new HP to old HP) because gear doesn't add percent HP, it adds a fixed number. The higher you HP, the less effect a +x has.

/offtopic
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hehe...who needs friends when you have slaves like these...? b:sin

...oh, wait. Did I say that out loud? b:avoid

pft....I would be supervising b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

D:
    oh noes~
    RedsRose has put me inside a box.
    b:infuriated
    *ninjas kon*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options

Aww... b:surrender

Back on topic, I find it quite admirable to the few that have farmed/merchanted their Rank 8. I mean, I enjoy this game...but for me, it's just casual play nowadays. That's some dedication, there.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How did you even get to this comparison? Barb HP suffers from diminishing returns (because it's additive, not multiplicative) while the borken interval system benefits from exponential increasing returns. And yes don't tell me it's not broken because -channeling does not work that way, fair much?

A barb to get his HP works a lot more and gets less returns than a BM even, multiplicatively speaking (i.e ratio of new HP to old HP) because gear doesn't add percent HP, it adds a fixed number. The higher you HP, the less effect a +x has.

/offtopic

You're a mage. You're like the LAST person that should be scolding anyone about anything being broken.

And does obvious sarcasm need a /sarcasm?

/sarcasm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can has Rank 8, anyones...? Willing to take donations of Wraith Badges or whatever!

b:cute

Also, just a reminder, no flamin' in heres...keep it somewhat civil.

Cant you just press a few hotkeys over there at the PWI office and get a Warsoul weapon +12 b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You're a mage. You're like the LAST person that should be scolding anyone about anything being broken.

And does obvious sarcasm need a /sarcasm?

/sarcasm

Apparently it does b:shocked

Cant you just press a few hotkeys over there at the PWI office and get a Warsoul weapon +12 b:surrender

I lol'd rl!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options

...but...I don't work at the PWI office...us Mods are usually off-site volunteers. I don't has that power.

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

/offtopic

you don't know what you are talking about.... I'm pretty sure it's hyperbolic, not exponential.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol
    I told him long ago he has no idea what he's talking about.

and now he proves math's a bish.

he needs a reality check or somethin'

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol
    I told him long ago he has no idea what he's talking about.

and now he proves math's a bish.

he needs a reality check or somethin'

b:sweat threads been dead for hours just cause on ur server things sell for different prices doesnt mean anything btw just so you know i scored in the top 97% of the entire u.s on math ijs the only number i had wrong in anything was the one token off for the badge b:bye

*sets fire to own thread to get rid of the mass flamers that have nothing better to do than troll*

p.s. u should probably check whos post is for what in a thread to make sure ur flaming the write quote so on and so fourth
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes it's hyperbolic. Does that make it easier for other ppl to grasp it though? I mean, is it better than linear? How would average joe know?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:sweat threads been dead for hours just cause on ur server things sell for different prices doesnt mean anything btw just so you know i scored in the top 97% of the entire u.s on math ijs the only number i had wrong in anything was the one token off for the badge b:bye

*sets fire to own thread to get rid of the mass flamers that have nothing better to do than troll*

p.s. u should probably check whos post is for what in a thread to make sure ur flaming the write quote so on and so fourth

You obviously didn't score in the top 97% in English.

Btw, I scored top 95% in math, I don't think that test is accurate >.>

(Besides, most of the U.S. isn't that intelligent. ijs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes it's hyperbolic. Does that make it easier for other ppl to grasp it though? I mean, is it better than linear? How would average joe know?

Well I sure hope doctors don't say that a patient has the flu just because he (or the average joe) doesn't know how to diagnose it.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gyonax I believe was the FIRST on HT and I think MsEvilness was shortly thereafter. They both had a lot of rep via fbs etc. but neither one had rank 8 untill after the packs came out.

Those were who I was talking about. Lol
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is how you farm rank 8:

1. hire 6 mexicans, educate them how to do HH, every noob can maintain a char but might not play it properly.

2. promise the mexicans a donkey and some drugs.

3. you have your rank 8

simple as that
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You obviously didn't score in the top 97% in English.

Btw, I scored top 95% in math, I don't think that test is accurate >.>

ok SOOOOOOORRRYYYYY I MISSPELLED A WORD USING THE WRONG ONE CAUSE I RUSH WHEN TYPING god ppl get realy irritating on threads sometimes just cause they can im srry heres a personal edit just for you (right)b:bye
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    200,000 rep = rank 8
    200,000 divided by 25 = 8000 (25 cause what officers badge is = to)
    9 tokens = one officers badge
    1 token =13000 (give or take a few hundred coins this being the most consistant price in catshops though)
    9 x 13000 =117000 coins for 1 badge buying tokens with coins
    117000 x 8000 = (ready for this) 936,000,000 (give or take 5-10 mil to count up what uve may have gotten already at lower lvls from questing)

You could easily lower the amount by quite a bit. For example, most people'd have Rank IV to begin with, just from doing quests. Now, add regular One Man Armies and Wanteds and that's a bit more.

However, not my point. My point is, there are merchants out there. Merchants with billions of coins. And these people, they don't got those billions because they charged up $2,500. No way, they get that from knowing what they do, knowing their math and their econ.

And to clarify, I'm not interested in any of them people with Rank 8s, no way. I only care about your claims being unrealistic.

Fact is yes, most people who'd go for Rank 8 are most likely going to be walking around with some flashy +10 TT99s and such. Now those cost a tad bit more than some 950 millions, especially if you include them being all nice 4 sockets with Primevals and +10s on all pieces. That's gonna go for more than a few Rank 8s, and that's a bit less realistic. But yes, even that is doable, just unlikely. However, if I ever met a single person claiming to have done that and having something to back it up, say, stacks upon stacks of valuables plus some hundreds of millions in coins and a few thousand Gold, I think I would believe it. Now, ten such guys on the same server, no way.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:shutup tokens for the first time on LC server hit 10k with the announcement of tiger packs and woops im srry bout the 1 token off it still wont make much of a difference and jealous lol why would i be jealous of these kind of ppl LMAO get a life theres so much more out there to do than poor that kind of rl money and time into a VIDEO GAME just think its funny ppl have denied csing there rank b:laugh most of the ppl replying are csed lvld up tideborns anyhow idc flame more pl0xb:laugh

stopped reading after this.

The fact that you make an uber butthurt QQ thread about these people (one of them happens to be my faction director) more or less proves that you're the one being extremely jealous for one and fail to have a life (or do smth decent with it).

/thread.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    9 tokens = one officers badge <--- wrong its 8 :-)
    Tokens were around 9k-10k on each server, which ends up being 50% cheaper for rank8, than your calculations.

BTW this game is old most playing more than 1 year now,if i want i can make 3-4m a day with 2h of herb farming.
    Imagine I'd do that for about 3 months, thats almost enough to get me halfway through to rank 8.

PS : and yes i got my rank 8 with merchanting alone too, works fine.

I know several BM's, Archers that make 30-40m a day if they really want to with solo farming 3-3 or Nirvana.

3-4m a day with 2 hours of herb farming? I doubt so...

The price of tokens are 12-13k, if there is no pack sale.

You can make 30-40M a day solo farming 3-3/nirvana? b:chuckle Very laughable.... I wanna see a BM/archer SOLO a 3-3 b:laugh
    Nirvana? Drop rate sucks without 2x drops.

I myself have made around 600millions over the last 6 months.. but I know how hard it is to do that, and that's also because I have a group of friends that do TT farming with me all the time.

I do agree with what Jenovadeath said, almost impossible (but yes.. it is possible if you start really early in this game). It's a looong work...

If you are a kid, I think it's okay. But if you work, it's not worth your time.
    If you work and get paid $10/hour in your real life job, I'd rather work and earn real life money than slaving myself in this game just to get rank 8 b:chuckle
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

1 token off that changed the cost by a LOT!!

That's like me telling my boss....yeah i missed a digit when putting numbers into a spread sheet no big deal..... $10,000 dollar difference...who cares...b:surrender
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1 token off that changed the cost by a LOT!!

That's like me telling my boss....yeah i missed a digit when putting numbers into a spread sheet no big deal..... $10,000 dollar difference...who cares...b:surrender

b:shutup just a drop in the barrel if u consider the end price 50 mil maybe alot to some ppl cause theyve never had that much but it can be made easily even with todays market in a month soloing 2-2 through 3-1 with veno and herc for 90 mats
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Where did you come from? b:lipcurl
    edited May 2010
    Options
    stopped reading after this.

The fact that you make an uber butthurt QQ thread about these people (one of them happens to be my faction director) more or less proves that you're the one being extremely jealous for one and fail to have a life (or do smth decent with it).

/thread.

i realy think its funny that ppl think this is a QQ over jealousy thread like i said if it were worth attaining for my class i might go for it at some point but tbh theres better gears out there that are easier to farm and much more effecient for my style of play realy dont care that anyone has rank 8 since the ppl that have it are so few and far between you rarely ever see them anywhere in game.

Get of ur directors nutz is all im going to say thats like me say well oh yea im in guild with the highest lvl on all 3 servers (fateblade) for those of you who dont know it doesnt mean anything so what just cause uve got one person in a guild with you with rank 8 means nothing theres around 7-8 ppl i beleive with this on lc server alone and several chars with full nirvana sets and event gears all +10-12 doesnt change a thing the thread was never for QQ it was merely to point out the fact that theres one more thing about the game that can be gotten in the cash shopb:bye
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    A "." or "," can be your friend. Perhaps using it next time might help.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the usage of ", ; . ? : /" is normally used in that kind of text, now it's just unreadable.

Anyway *stops wasting time what is more precious to me*
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:shutup just a drop in the barrel if u consider the end price 50 mil maybe alot to some ppl cause theyve never had that much but it can be made easily even with todays market in a month soloing 2-2 through 3-1 with veno and herc for 90 mats

I guess when your good at math 100+mil more coin isn't that much more. Just a drop...more then 10% of whats needed...not much nope...b:surrender
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qingzi - Sanctuary
    Qingzi - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i realy think its funny that ppl think this is a QQ over jealousy thread like i said if it were worth attaining for my class i might go for it at some point but tbh theres better gears out there that are easier to farm and much more effecient for my style of play realy dont care that anyone has rank 8 since the ppl that have it are so few and far between you rarely ever see them anywhere in game.

Get of ur directors nutz is all im going to say thats like me say well oh yea im in guild with the highest lvl on all 3 servers (fateblade) for those of you who dont know it doesnt mean anything so what just cause uve got one person in a guild with you with rank 8 means nothing theres around 7-8 ppl i beleive with this on lc server alone and several chars with full nirvana sets and event gears all +10-12 doesnt change a thing the thread was never for QQ it was merely to point out the fact that theres one more thing about the game that can be gotten in the cash shopb:bye

"Last edited by Jenovadeath - Lost City; Today at 12:16 PM. Reason: Grammar police have struck again so edit for all those whos head hurts when reading "

If that's the result of your editing, I truly feel sorry for you.