ppl claiming to have farmed rank 8

Comments

• Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I know at least 3 people that were/are possible to do this, on my server alone.
    I don't wanna know about the others.

a)swordman
    b)chezedude
    c)possibly Auka

Theres even a video of chezedude(archer) around where he is duoing 3-3 Armageddon with a BM.

PS : let me look for it :P

/Edit there you go, have fun being proven wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5DJSO_7sCs

b:laugh funny how you said solo when hes there with another lvl100 fist bm and they both have TT100 fists and max interval gears and cube neck and so on and so fourth and on and on and on

p.s. btw watch the ticking on his charm its almost it ticks as soon as cooldown is over
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:laugh funny how you said solo when hes there with another lvl100 fist bm and they both have TT100 fists and max interval gears and cube neck and so on and so fourth and on and on and on

p.s. btw watch the ticking on his charm its almost it ticks as soon as cooldown is over

If he's not dying with no healer, it's obviously possible for him to solo it. The video is just made shorter by the fact that there are two DPS on the boss. Hurrr.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    im gonna just take a wild guess and say Zerhee and Nykage ar the two your talking about being as to my understanding its a bm that is said to be soloing TT 3-3 squad mode and for that all i have to say is ok how many bms have + 10 event gears and TT 100 fists with either vit stones or citrine gems in gears as well as the uber refines to go with themb:surrenderb:cry

Anyway, that's kinda missing the point. The point is that playing in TT is part of the game. Some people like that part of the game some people don't. You may lose a lot if you only do a run or two but if you keep doing them over and over the gains far outweigh the costs.

It doesn't take uber gear that is heavily cash shopped to make good coin. It just takes some hard work and effort... something a lot of the newer players don't want to do 'in a game'.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I farmed this char's rank8 in about 1 week of straight TTing during double drop :\
  • KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear
    KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    now i might not be the brightest appl but

solo means alone no support,
    i want to see the player who can do that besides a veno

going in and tanking with two clearics isnt soloing
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    going in w/o cleric but with another DD, wat does it imply? o.Oa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    still isnt solo, maybe im just to (old school) to get it *shrugs*
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the only TT boss I can't SOLO is arma because of his one shot, but everything else barely ticks me. I can solo arma and everything else on my sin easily though.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok, guys, let's make some things straight:
    chezedude soloes TT2-3, 3-3, nirvana and whatever else your heart desires.
    Yes he has Cube neck, warsong belts, +10 gear and what not, BUT FOR THE GOD'S sake, you ppl thought that soloing an instance like that can be done with NPC gear?

KnaveslLobo and Jenovadeath, yes there is a BM with him, and that's for more DPS.
    WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT? I just don't get it.
    He's relying on pots and charm to get that boss done. BM helps making everything more cost effective.

Pull out your heads from your asses

LE: Cheze Ninja'd me :P

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Searing - Dreamweaver
    Searing - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Off-topic question...doesn't last 3-3 boss occasionally 1-shot someone?

Edit: Ignore, Cheze already answered while i was writing question.
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    Kyaan - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You can farm rank 8, i know many that have on another server that has a worst drop rate then pwi,and it doesnt have the boxes that will give it out like PWI does. it just takes alot of time farming those FB's. And just going on as many as possible.
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 96/WF(Venomancer)
    Character : Jovent
    Level/Class : 100/EA(Archer)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆
    Version : PWMY

Character : ZeroJigoku
    Level/Class : 56/Assassin
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 56/EP(Cleric)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆
    Server : Lost City
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    ok, guys, let's make some things straight:
    chezedude soloes TT2-3, 3-3, nirvana and whatever else your heart desires.
    Yes he has Cube neck, warsong belts, +10 gear and what not, BUT FOR THE GOD'S sake, you ppl thought that soloing an instance like that can be done with NPC gear?

KnaveslLobo and Jenovadeath, yes there is a BM with him, and that's for more DPS.
    WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT? I just don't get it.
    He's relying on pots and charm to get that boss done. BM helps making everything more cost effective.

Pull out your heads from your asses

LE: Cheze Ninja'd me :P

b:shocked errm probably cause the demon fist bm with his TT100 fists and the amount of damage he does the dps wether u realize it or not is a huge help in tanking any boss the faster the boss dies the less likely any chance of a problem occuring and you dieing and boss reseting i was much more impressed with the vid of him soloing belial cause there was no one else DDing with him the point is the bm probably took about half the bosses hp away he even pulled aggro 1-2 times taking from archer which means there was half the amount of time it would have taken to actually solo it my point being is that this takes half the risk of attempting to solo away from the picture in the first place hell i can charm tank pole arm without a cleric without DDs doesnt mean ill survive the whole 20-30 minutes its just me DDing on him
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shocked errm probably cause the demon fist bm with his TT100 fists and the amount of damage he does the dps wether u realize it or not is a huge help in tanking any boss the faster the boss dies the less likely any chance of a problem occuring and you dieing and boss reseting i was much more impressed with the vid of him soloing belial cause there was no one else DDing with him the point is the bm probably took about half the bosses hp away he even pulled aggro 1-2 times taking from archer which means there was half the amount of time it would have taken to actually solo it my point being is that this takes half the risk of attempting to solo away from the picture in the first place hell i can charm tank pole arm without a cleric without DDs doesnt mean ill survive the whole 20-30 minutes its just me DDing on him

Cheze could if he wanted. but why? it takes much longer and the vid shows he can just fine.
    and im kinda sure he alrdy did, just not recorded.
    and lol at kill fb69 boss as barb solo. every1 can do that with normal gear. now thats somthign to call NOT impressive xD.
    I'm not friends with cheze, but not calling it impressive is kinda wrong.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited May 2010
    Cheze could if he wanted. but why? it takes much longer and the vid shows he can just fine.
    and im kinda sure he alrdy did, just not recorded.
    and lol at kill fb69 boss as barb solo. every1 can do that with normal gear. now thats somthign to call NOT impressive xD.
    I'm not friends with cheze, but not calling it impressive is kinda wrong.

b:shutup wasnt saying that it was impressive mearly saying that the fact of the time it takes soloing them takes much longer = much more time for a slip up of some kind there for a **** up that is costly and costs you the boss it happens i know ive had it happen several times soloing TT with veno with herc not all bosses are soloable with herc but many are and theres certain points where if ur finger even slips off the pet heal skill for a breif second herc dies = dead/prty wipeb:bye
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    TL;DR Thread?

Attacks per second should be capped at 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shutup wasnt saying that it was impressive mearly saying that the fact of the time it takes soloing them takes much longer = much more time for

So you are saying he can survive 5 minutes and 51 seconds, but he can not survive 8 or 9 minutes?b:laugh
    And no falling asleep doesnt count as failure!
    Especially cos the 1 shot ability from armageddon can simply be avoided by using a good timed Ironguard Powder, Absolute Domain or Spark.

And just to correct your math since its so much off it hurts.

200k rep / 25(badges) = 8000 Badges
    1 Badge = 8 tokens = 70k-80k coins each Badge

200k rep = 64k tokens
    Token price has been around 9k-10k for a very long time.
    576 million if you are a good buyer :)

Now adding the 10-20k reputation an oldschool highlevel has.
    20k reputation = 180k for rank 8 which saves u 6,4k tokens and equals 57,6m.

PS : but yeah , you are right, everyone is a liar and only your point of the game (which is btw flawed in so many ways) is correct.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the only TT boss I can't SOLO is arma because of his one shot, but everything else barely ticks me. I can solo arma and everything else on my sin easily though.

Illusion Lord one-shot= Absolute Domain or spark. Works like a charm. First one is somewhat random... between 3-3.5m. Each one after is 3m intervals. You have to be really quick though.

TL;DR Thread?

Attacks per second should be capped at 3.

Barb HP should be capped at 16k and Armageddon needs to be nerfed. Like that too?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited May 2010
    im just stateing solo mean one on one with the boss
    no support even if dealing damage its still not soloing

solo say 10 min fight
    solo and one dd 5 min

longer the fight the more you run the risk

solo still = one person

and m'lady my heads not up my **** ive been playing mmo/rpg for over ten years

and solo means alone
    edited May 2010
    So you are saying he can survive 5 minutes and 51 seconds, but he can not survive 8 or 9 minutes?b:laugh
    And no falling asleep doesnt count as failure!
    Especially cos the 1 shot ability from armageddon can simply be avoided by using a good timed Ironguard Powder, Absolute Domain or Spark.

And just to correct your math since its so much off it hurts.

200k rep / 25(badges) = 8000 Badges
    1 Badge = 8 tokens = 70k-80k coins each Badge

200k rep = 64k tokens
    Token price has been around 9k-10k for a very long time.
    576 million if you are a good buyer :)

Now adding the 10-20k reputation an oldschool highlevel has.
    20k reputation = 180k for rank 8 which saves u 6,4k tokens and equals 57,6m.

PS : but yeah , you are right, everyone is a liar and only your point of the game (which is btw flawed in so many ways) is correct.
    errm 70-80K = 1 badge tokens on (YOUR SERVER)
    as i said before on LC server tokens have not gone below 10k and that wasnt till recently when tiger packs came out and as for the 8-9 minute thing yea **** happens like micheal said its possible to avoid with absolute domain spark blah blah blah but you have to be quick im just saying the fact that he had someone there that took nearly half the bosses hp on top of the damage he did doesnt exactly make it soloing
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shutup k well i been wondering bout some of the ppl with rank 8 and them saying they didnt cs there rank 8 so i did some math to see the costs of buying badges and this is my second char ive gotten to 90 so i know that usualy u have around 5k rep at my lvl unless u farm it like a mad man for days on end then ull b lucky to have 10-15k rep at lvl90 and dont tell me no otherwise id have 2 rank 5-6 chars easily cause ive done almost every quest there has been to do up to my lvl anyways back to the math.

200,000 rep = rank 8
    200,000 divided by 25 = 8000 (25 cause what officers badge is = to)
    9 tokens = one officers badge
    1 token =13000 (give or take a few hundred coins this being the most consistant price in catshops though)
    9 x 13000 =117000 coins for 1 badge buying tokens with coins
    117000 x 8000 = (ready for this) 936,000,000 (give or take 5-10 mil to count up what uve may have gotten already at lower lvls from questing)

Ok now so theres the math of it now some ppl have claimed to farm this i highly doubt this is true considering the the over all price of it all saying theyve run TT day and and day out for mats to sell for this for months well guess w hat at the current known drop rates even if you ran TT for the 3-3 runs (claiming to have gotten gold mats) at the drop rate this would still take more than 6-8 months.

In my opinion ive known ppl that have run 3-3 cause they needed the mats and they went on 2-3 runs per day and got one out of all the gold mats needed after running it for 2 months straight so there for ive come to my own personal conclusion that ppl that have claimed to have acheived this without selling some amount of gold are there for LIARS simple as that end of story good bye.

Theres no way around it idc who you are or what you say you dont have to lie to kick it if ur one of these ppl that has attained rank 8, ur a cser we all know by now by u mearly having acheived this my whole point to this thread though was to show the facts of the matter.All you rank 8 ppl out ther guess what u dont have to lie to kick it we all know u cs enough to pay my rent for the next 8 months b:thanks my point is just quit trying to act like you farmed it given the above facts theres just no way unless you were farming 3-3 6 months before tideborn came out everyday all day ud just be now acheiving this goal.

p.s. i never factored in the doll/charm/pot/repair fees of any of the runs either but ill let you guys play with that in your headb:bye

Its not 900 mil more like 600 mil maybe since tokens often are down to 10k each and the players that farmed rank 8 often had around 20k+ rep already.

Farming 600-700 mil is not hard at all, specially if you get help (which most non-cs rank 8 players got from friends) to spam 3-3. You have to realize that all profit from the runs goes towards ONLY ONE persons reputation. Its not 6 ppl that share the profit, than it would indeed take 6 months to farm rank8.

Just during double droprate you could easily make 30-60 mil a day from several 3-3 runs. That money goes straight into tokens to pump 1 char with more rep.

Also i think your friends suck at farming HH efficiently lol. Even during normal drop rate at least 1 gold tends to drop every second run and 3-3 doesn't really take more than 1-1.5 hour or so. Even faster if you have saved instances, which most 3-3 spammers tends to have. Than you can do 1 run in less than 30 minutes, just go straight to the gold bosses.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    56k tokens and about 700mill [some miscalculations on my part and the token price had gone up..Zzzzz]

No cs involved in getting my rank, none needed. Same thing as with the +8 it now has (mirages --> tishas ---> +5 to +8 on 3 tishas...ijs) and even the shard I have. I am still farming for the 2nd shard and for the refine and sharding of the Rank top.

This is not an unreasonable task and even more-so with 2x drops. Like many have said, the mats in 3-3 did not diminish too much in market value making it extremely easy to farm. More so because all bosses but Behe can be archer tanked and single cleric healed (yes, even Illusion). Since the end of 2x drops, the methods of farming have been adjusted accordingly and as such, I personally do not farm 3-3 for the moment.

Oh, and I had 15,050 rep when I started this b:surrender

PS --> I have tanked Illusion for more then 50% of its hp (we had an issue LMAO...) and I have seen a Mage tank it for the same amount of time with Cleric heals. It is all in the timing if you know it and can set a timer b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    errm 70-80K = 1 badge tokens on (YOUR SERVER)
    as i said before on LC server tokens have not gone below 10k and that wasnt till recently when tiger packs came out and as for the 8-9 minute thing yea **** happens like micheal said its possible to avoid with absolute domain spark blah blah blah but you have to be quick im just saying the fact that he had someone there that took nearly half the bosses hp on top of the damage he did doesnt exactly make it soloing

*facepaw*
    they has gone down as low as 10.5k in cat shops during tiger pack sale
    >.>
    and offering to buy it, me has managed to get some for 10k
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Its not 900 mil more like 600 mil maybe since tokens often are down to 10k each and the players that farmed rank 8 often had around 20k+ rep already.

Farming 600-700 mil is not hard at all, specially if you get help (which most non-cs rank 8 players got from friends) to spam 3-3. You have to realize that all profit from the runs goes towards ONLY ONE persons reputation. Its not 6 ppl that share the profit, than it would indeed take 6 months to farm rank8.

Just during double droprate you could easily make 30-60 mil a day from several 3-3 runs. That money goes straight into tokens to pump 1 char with more rep.

Also i think your friends suck at farming HH efficiently lol. Even during normal drop rate at least 1 gold tends to drop every second run and 3-3 doesn't really take more than 1-1.5 hour or so. Even faster if you have saved instances, which most 3-3 spammers tends to have. Than you can do 1 run in less than 30 minutes, just go straight to the gold bosses.

^ In agreement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WWGD - Sanctuary
    WWGD - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There are merchants with more than billions in coins. Wouldn't surprise me if someone with rank8 without CSing. You sound jealous..
    edited May 2010
    56k tokens and about 700mill [some miscalculations on my part and the token price had gone up..Zzzzz]

No cs involved in getting my rank, none needed. Same thing as with the +8 it now has (mirages --> tishas ---> +5 to +8 on 3 tishas...ijs) and even the shard I have. I am still farming for the 2nd shard and for the refine and sharding of the Rank top.

This is not an unreasonable task and even more-so with 2x drops. Like many have said, the mats in 3-3 did not diminish too much in market value making it extremely easy to farm. More so because all bosses but Behe can be archer tanked and single cleric healed (yes, even Illusion). Since the end of 2x drops, the methods of farming have been adjusted accordingly and as such, I personally do not farm 3-3 for the moment.

Oh, and I had 15,050 rep when I started this b:surrender

PS --> I have tanked Illusion for more then 50% of its hp (we had an issue LMAO...) and I have seen a Mage tank it for the same amount of time with Cleric heals. It is all in the timing if you know it and can set a timer b:cute

i never said it wasnt possible but my point being is theres alot of ppl out there that have attained this with rl cash only and making this acheivment of the select few that have gained it honestly a little more meaningless ty for getting the thread back on topic btw everyone started wining bout ppl soloing TT 3-3 with out a cleric and blah blah blah
    edited May 2010
    There are merchants with more than billions in coins. Wouldn't surprise me if someone with rank8 without CSing. You sound jealous..

b:chuckle yes everyone has all sorts of this coinage just lazing around this is why the market is so bad am i right? wth would be the point of playing this game anymore if you had that kind of coin itd be like bill gates saving his pennies for a car.

b:nosebleed and why do most jump straight to jealousy the moment they read the thread if i cared that much about rank id do things to work towards getting it idc about it though barbs rank gears arent worth getting if you ask me the time i spent farming for that stuff would be much better spent farming for nirvana 100 zerk axes im merely trying to point out the fact that i thought i could find something that would still make the game seem meaningful with real goals to accomplish with out having someone being able to do it with their mommy and daddys CC i know money can be made easily on this game i made 9 mil last night in catshop selling random **** ive had in bank for months i dont use anymore.

*sigh* only thing left that hasnt been acheived thats still of unatainable uber greatness is warsoul weapons however theres no instance you can farm for all the mats certain mats (warsoul/warsoul of light) only can be gotten with chips so unless you run cube day and and day out getting chips like crazy and beyond the limit of coin the game allows you to carry this will probably never be acheivedb:surrenderb:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    i never said it wasnt possible but my point being is theres alot of ppl out there that have attained this with rl cash only and making this acheivment of the select few that have gained it honestly a little more meaningless ty for getting the thread back on topic btw everyone started wining bout ppl soloing TT 3-3 with out a cleric and blah blah blah

I can say the one thing is you have to have good friends. Not too many people will run an entire HH and walk out with zero drops. The runs would be (like TigerLily stated) for one person and I am still doing that now in my farming. Although now that I am in a much more active guild, I have been helping with some mats and culti's.

Also, tbh people will believe what they want too. This however does not take away from any achievement imo. You yourself and those closest to you are the only ones that matter. If others decide not to believe you then so be it. IMO it just means that they have no idea how is could/can be done and that they also may have no ambition.

Seriously though, this was NOT my original intention, but with things the way they have been, one needs a goal in this game. I have talked to more then a few about it. How can people stand afk for hrs in west/south/etc. O_o If I am sitting in south I am most likely afk or tabbed out, otherwise I am in HH or helping to do something.

All one needs is a goal...thank goodness I still have a few b:chuckleb:cute

PS --> Look out for another Rank 8 EP sooner then later from farming too b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can has Rank 8, anyones...? Willing to take donations of Wraith Badges or whatever!

b:cute

Also, just a reminder, no flamin' in heres...keep it somewhat civil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can has Rank 8, anyones...? Willing to take donations of Wraith Badges or whatever!

*Hands over wraith soldiers dog tag*
    Make sure to remember me when you get your rank 8. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010

1) Get some hax

2) Transfer Rose to HT

3) Farm HH and sell for $$

4) Wait for packs to come back

5) Buy tokens and turn into badges

6) Get your Rank 8

7) Put Rose back on LC

I would help b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]