chest of coins

Options
Dolfje - Sanctuary
Dolfje - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
Dear Reader,

is it possible to change things with chest of coins?
We get them as a reward for hard gamingtime in like FCC and RB.
But with prices of gold atm ( and with repeating coral , anni packs events) the price of gold will prob not going down either.
So the chests of coins will stack in bank or try to be sold for much less.

i was thinking of :

NPC where you can trade like 1 chest of coins daily for lets say 500K.
A weekly quest where a perfect ironhammer is the reward.
or just a deletion of all chest of coins in bank and inventory leave a reward from 500K for each chest.

I think PWI should take their responsibility and take action over this matter.
I know this matter is brought up a couple times but so far no reaction or change thats why this thread.

Best regards
Dolfje
Post edited by Dolfje - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Chest of Coin was an idea for setting a permanent medium for Gold. It worked for a while, but then they released the packs, which rushed the Gold prices through the roof, making the previous measure, the Chest of Coins worthless. Now they have taken on the habit of releasing some pack once a while, making it so that no one expects the coin to get down to below the 200,000 mark.

That effectively makes the Chest of Coins a useless measure, comparable to the Housing System pieces you randomly get from WQ.

However, making them give out 500,000 each, or any reward at all, would **** up the market. At 500,000 each per week, that's 2,000,000 a month. Doesn't sound like much, but it stacks up, especially since people have lots and lots of them.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think having the chests give out 2 mil / month would be a problem since it is possible to easily gain way more than that in a week by doing TT.

In fact I support the notion of an NPC giving 500k for those chests... they were meant to be a reward, so make them one.
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    ElspethP - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think reducing the price of the hammer to 2 gold would be better. It would help lvl 50s aswell, not many have 1.5M coins just to open their supply stash. But if they made it 2 gold then 600k is much more realistic, plus you still get to make 400k on the chest of coins and the X-mas tome isnt such a great huge rip off at lvl 80 either.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think having the chests give out 2 mil / month would be a problem since it is possible to easily gain way more than that in a week by doing TT.

In fact I support the notion of an NPC giving 500k for those chests... they were meant to be a reward, so make them one.

It would be abusable. As long as you could trade the chests, people could put them into the account stash and get 4 million a week. And of course, there are people who have high-level characters on different accounts, which could mean up to 8 million a week, for doing nothing, since they already have the chests.

So, a revamp would require for them to delete all the current chests, which would obviously cause an uproar.
    I think reducing the price of the hammer to 2 gold would be better. It would help lvl 50s aswell, not many have 1.5M coins just to open their supply stash. But if they made it 2 gold then 600k is much more realistic, plus you still get to make 400k on the chest of coins and the X-mas tome isnt such a great huge rip off at lvl 80 either.

Ugh, you just don't get it, do you? The Chest of Coins was supposed to function as a minimum bar for Gold, so that it would never drop far below 200,000. Putting the hammers at 2 Gold, would put the Coin:Gold ratio from the chests to 500,000:1, which would mean that we would end up with a 450k+ permanent gold price.

Really, you cannot do anything about it as long as both the Supply Stash and the Chest of Coins require it. One unbalances the other. Right now, both are useless. Make one useful and you have a hole resulting in a permanent rise in Gold prices.

The best option would be to make the Supply Stash require a different hammer that is only used for it and keep the Perfect Iron Hammer for the Chest of Coins. This way, the 2 Gold price for opening the Supply Stash would be realistic, all while keeping the 5 Gold on the Chest.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ugh, you just don't get it, do you? The Chest of Coins was supposed to function as a minimum bar for Gold, so that it would never drop far below 200,000. Putting the hammers at 2 Gold, would put the Coin:Gold ratio from the chests to 500,000:1, which would mean that we would end up with a 450k+ permanent gold price.

Well obviously you dont get it either - the system is broke. That means in needs a fix. stomping your feet in a huff over Anniv packs wont fix it, they exist - deal with it. Gold will never be under 200k, you are deluding yourself if you think it will. So something needs to be done.
    Having an NPC to open one a day solves the chest of coins problem, but still one exists with the supply stash. Why not reduce the price of the hammer? its already proven that your idea of it having a job doesnt work, so forget the job. Just make it affordable.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why not reduce the price of the hammer?

Because like he said, gold price will jump up to match the reduced price of hammers. Since there are so many of these chests saved up, no one would be stupid enough to sell gold for 300k each instead of getting the hammer and open chest for one mil.
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But if your paying 2 gold to open a chest, that is already 650-700k to open a box, which only leaves 300-350k profit. Gold wont "jump" up becuase of the hammers - no one would buy the hammer if gold is 500k each just like they arent buying them now.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But . . b:shocked
    One chest of coins is worth 1 million = 5 gold hammer = each gold worth 200k (200k * 5 = 1 million)
    One chest of coins is worth 1 million = 2 gold hammer = each gold worth 500k (500k * 2 = 1 million)

Who would selling 1 gold lower than 500k if with 2 gold you can get 1 million ?
    But that surely kill non cash shopper economy . . b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who exactly spends 500k each gold to get 1M? Im not gonna spend 2x 500k plus fees, to open a box worth.... 1M. Less than I paid after fees. Just like no one is gonna spend 5 x 315k plus fees to open a 1M box.

And surely Non-Cash shop players dont use hammers full stop since they are cash shop items.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think reducing the price of the hammer to 2 gold would be better.

That mean 2 gold hammer won't happen. b:surrender
    Since with 5 gold hammer gold become 200k, if it become 2 gold hammer gold become 500k.

Let for example :
    Cash shopper : "Ah with 5 gold i can get 1.000.000 from chest of coins !! That mean 1 gold is 200k."
    Cash shopper : "Oh wait now the hammer price were 2 gold . . that mean 1 gold is 500k."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cash shopper : "Ah with 5 gold i can get 1.000.000 from chest of coins !! That mean 1 gold is 200k."

Last points, first - the chest of coins is meant to me a rare treat - a prize for completeing something. Your idea makes it sound like everybody will get millions of boxes from day 1. There is Zero point in opening a box if it is worth the same or more than you paid, that is OP's point, these used to be worth something - you want them to be worthless which is what they are if you pay the same as you get. so the amount you pay for a hammer being eqivelent of 1M idea that pointless. it needs to be less that you pay or there is no point in the box and I already stated as well know - it is meant to be a reward.
    And my second point is for months and months and months 200k was the maxium price of gold, ordinarily gold was 100-130k each. where was your cash shopper then? Giving up 70-100k or the hammer price! For people to make a profit by opening boxes, it should be worth around 600-700k to open that was how much ppl paid before Anni packs, that is how much they would pay post anniv packs if it were reduced to 2 gold.

And now, I leave the argument. Not like PW cares anyway, they get money = happy PW.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    to me, the only possible solution is to make chest of coins sellable to npcs... a good price should be like 50k-100k each..
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ Vorhs, nty. I like the gold prices like the way it is now (well was, but still good), same as others that are happy about it. 50-100k will cause havoc like it did before. And your level 90+, not that hard for you to gain millions of coins.

Ok, as much as I carless about non-cash shoppers not getting profit about chest of coins or gold prices as long as its high, more money. I think it would be fair to either lower price of gold hammer or raise the coins received from chest of coins. Its also uncool for cash shoppers as well b:surrender

That way, non-cash shoppers pay a little bit or no difference. While cash shoppers gain a much better profit. I support a change to chest of coins and / or gold hammer because it is really a worthless item overall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    easy for me gaining millions? u saw my class? im a fkin wizard, nobody wants me: im useless in hh as archers and venos deal much more dmg than me, and im no cash shopper: cash shoppers are already enough powerful in this game, no need to do thing to make gold price go up anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Doing *anything* to make these chests more easily opened, hammers cheaper, or having these tradable for in game coin will severely alter the economy.

I personally think they should just get rid of them and instead give out a different prize... something like subs, mirages, do-alls, or something actually useful in-game.

Perhaps make them npc-able for 50k coin or something along those lines wouldn't be so bad.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That mean 2 gold hammer won't happen. b:surrender
    Since with 5 gold hammer gold become 200k, if it become 2 gold hammer gold become 500k.

Let for example :
    Cash shopper : "Oh wait now the hammer price were 2 gold . . that mean 1 gold is 500k."

Everyone what i am saying here is a cash shopper mind when they selling golds. . b:cry

Look o.o . . .
    When you going to sell gold then found out there a chest containing 1 mill and need a hammer from boutique for 5 gold, how much will you sell your gold ?
    My answer = 200k

Look o.o . . .
    Then there a anni and coral pack coming, people want to buy them so much.
    If you selling gold won't you increase your gold price ?
    * after packs coming * price going to = around 350k

Look o.o . . .
    A hammer sale now they only 2 gold.
    But the chest still contain 1 mill !! As a gold seller how much you will sell gold now ?
    Not 500k ? b:surrender

Anyway what i want to say is just make them able to sell for some coins just like everyone say here or remove them just remove them. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide
    ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Usually i make about 1-1.5mil a day farm mid mat's so geting 500k from a cheast is nothering at all

Note this week it has been very had to make any money at all dule to the corals being on sale and geting the tokens out of them to make SUB'S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild QQme
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Usually i make about 1-1.5mil a day farm mid mat's so geting 500k from a cheast is nothering at all

Note this week it has been very had to make any money at all dule to the corals being on sale and geting the tokens out of them to make SUB'S

You are missing something very important.

When you make "1-1.5m a day from mid mats" you are not creating money.. you are taking money from someone else. This means the total amount of coin on the server didnt really change.

If you make chests free to open or very cheap than every time you open them a million coins came out of NOWHERE. All of a sudden the server has 10 times more total coin than it had before. With coins becoming much more common relative to things like gold and mats, the value of coins goes down and the price of everything skyrockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You are missing something very important.

When you make "1-1.5m a day from mid mats" you are not creating money.. you are taking money from someone else. This means the total amount of coin on the server didnt really change.

If you make chests free to open or very cheap than every time you open them a million coins came out of NOWHERE. All of a sudden the server has 10 times more total coin than it had before. With coins becoming much more common relative to things like gold and mats, the value of coins goes down and the price of everything skyrockets.

I make 100k per hour from grinding b:cute

easy for me gaining millions? u saw my class? im a fkin wizard, nobody wants me: im useless in hh as archers and venos deal much more dmg than me, and im no cash shopper: cash shoppers are already enough powerful in this game, no need to do thing to make gold price go up anymore.

Yes, easy for you to gain a lot of coins, yeah, wizard. You don't need to squad anyone to make money, there are other ways... And I Lol'ed at the "useless in HH" as far as I am concerned, wizards or archers are far from useless in HH because I squadded with some friends that used archers and wizards... + I was squadding with them as an underleveled barb xD. They done fine... Maybe its you or the randoms you trying to squad with. Seriously, its utterly lame to squad in HH with strangers, no matter what class they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes, easy for you to gain a lot of coins, yeah, wizard. You don't need to squad anyone to make money, there are other ways... And I Lol'ed at the "useless in HH" as far as I am concerned, wizards or archers are far from useless in HH because I squadded with some friends that used archers and wizards... + I was squadding with them as an underleveled barb xD. They done fine... Maybe its you or the randoms you trying to squad with. Seriously, its utterly lame to squad in HH with strangers, no matter what class they are.

other ways to make money for a wizard? tell me please b:bored
    btw ok, im not useless, but in HH im the less useful class of all PW: why someone should choose a **** wizard when he can have a veno with their damn pet 100% dmg or an archer with their damn hp debuff supapowah or a bm with their damn dragons :Q_ ????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demien - Dreamweaver
    Demien - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

i agree with this guy
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    other ways to make money for a wizard? tell me please b:bored
    btw ok, im not useless, but in HH im the less useful class of all PW: why someone should choose a **** wizard when he can have a veno with their damn pet 100% dmg or an archer with their damn hp debuff supapowah or a bm with their damn dragons :Q_ ????

Selling genies, harvest... Best of all, grinding ftw. The things that are easy for dqs and mats to drop... I make most money source there. Pretty sure that if you keep yourself wellspring quaf and glacial embrace buffed and kill fire, water and metal type mobs they die fast...

Also in HH... I'd go with friends or faction members, not randoms. I always ask friends to come along, with me. Besides, you can either DD or be a support healer, your best friend essential sutra should also help too for whatever your doing (if I had a wiz at 59 at least, I'd save sutra for spam healing)... like for lets see...
    in TT1-1.

We going off topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Dolfje - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ty so much for all your reply's but i still think we can come up with all sorts of probs or solutions.
    But its still PWI problem not ours.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think reducing the price of the hammer to 2 gold would be better

+1000

10char
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i didnt feel like reading any other posts in the thread except the OPs but imo i think the chest of coin & hammer should be taken out of the game & never brought bck would tht solve anything?
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I make 100k per hour from grinding b:cute

100k is nothing. Try an extra 1,000,000 per every high-level player in the game for once a week. That's talking hundreds, thousands of millions per week. And that is not counting the grinding, it would be free money for them, if you they made the chests free to open.

It's generally accepted that Archers are the DDs of choice in TTs because of Sharpened Tooth Arrow. This means that when a random squad picks their DDs, they will rather take an Archer than a Wizard, simply because getting that 16% HP debuff from elsewhere is just about impossible, as the only alternative is a Sage Veno at lvl 92, whereas any Archer can get 16% at lvl 86.

So they have a harder time getting into a squad in the first place, but also, since they are DDs, in random squads, they get the last pick and that kinda means that they get ****.

• Dolfje - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So far no reaction from PW what so ever.
    That makes me sad, i checked some rules and regulations.
    The Advertisement of "Free to play". is here not true cause i have to PAY to play.

So do something about the chest of coins.
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have to agree with the suggestion that there should be a different hammer for the supply stash from the chest of coin. Paying 2 gold for a hammer to open your supply stash vs. the 5 gold for the hammer to open a chest of coin would not upset the market supply and demand.
    Then all these chests floating out there would still be tied to the market price exchange of coin for gold, but people just wanting to open their supply stash would not be so penalized by it.
    Let's face it, is that level 50 weapon really worth the price of 5 gold? NO it is not. BUT if you want to continue opening that supply stash every 5 levels, you have to pay it. So a different hammer to open the stash is a good, logical suggestion.
    PWI is already making money hand over fist from all the cash shop hogs out there so this will hardly make a ripple on their money pool.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Make a Perfect Iron Hammer a random reward from completing World Quest.

o__o
    omgifixedit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I made a suggestion on the chest of coins a while back. . .

Just make the chest give you less coin and right click only.

Could give you 1 coin or 50k/100k coin

I say 50 or 100k being the cap. (Cause I know people will QQ like before that people have them stashed to high heaven and would benefit from it too much.)

Problem solved.

Right click to get 1 coin or 100k coin, or for the QQer that likes to look down on people that stashed their chests . . . 1 coin or 50k coin

It's similar to the platinum boxes and would make the chest usable again.