On Assassins and Maintaining PvP Balance

Options
2»

Comments

• Darkreserve - Lost City
    Darkreserve - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sins are fun i could kill LA and AA users in 1 hit barbs and bms miss to much to beat the charm ticksb:victory oh but AA users and LA can 1 shot me..... and barbs and bms charms are just as annoyingb:cry i think they should make Sin OP so you guys have a real reason to cry b:shutup also what about pve blance? anyone? no ones really talking about that
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wonder how many of you pvp sins do your killing the way you agree on in this tread , as in unstealth, spark, then start killing. I do not , but i should perhaps try both and see which one i would prefer, before i disagree completly. May actually be good.

Nerfing chi and stun skills? A lot of our skills also requires chi, and we are not build to just stand and take hits while we build chi.

Our attack rate? Aye, it's good. Very good. I like it that way.

Changing wolf emblem? uhm.. i rather see it add 30 - 40 defense level if we are getting supposed to use normal attacks for building chi.

And we are neither BM's, barbs, archers, clerics, venomancers or wizards. We are backstabbing, unreliable and deadly, and proud of it. b:victory

A funny little thing, every other class then the one i play at the moment, seem so powerful :)
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wonder how many of you pvp sins do your killing the way you agree on in this tread , as in unstealth, spark, then start killing. I do not , but i should perhaps try both and see which one i would prefer, before i disagree completly. May actually be good.
    ofc nobody does when we have the option to spark while stealthed. This doesn't mean I don't find it OP. I mean spark is something very very visible on other classes and for a good reason, so you can counter it because it's an incredible overpowered ability even compared to others (Spark Burst is much better than Power Dash) now imagine triple spark.

I'm all for nerfing stealth the way that you're knocked out by sparking (or even using any skill) but please don't nerf our fighting capabilities we're already kinda weak considered in many situations >.>
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So overpowered.

I'm already toast if I'm up against a good veno and a high level nix or a high-level BM or lunar-equipped archer. But at least I can SEE them.

An assassin appears next to me, stuns me, ticks my charm with their first hit, which of COURSE is a crit, then kills me before I even get out of stun lock.

:\

I can try to razor feathers them out of stealth. I guess. Because that works SO well. Or siren's kiss if I feel like wasting a precious spark.

They do far too much damage for their level.. as a herc veno it's a pain in the **** when a lvl 70 sin steals aggro from my lvl 80 herc time and time again. As a cleric it's a pain because they rob aggro and then die in 2 or 3 hits from the boss because they're built like archers.

Basically, assassins just leave a bad taste in my mouth. **** class? Cash shop class? I don't know. But they annoy the **** out of me. :\ QQ about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They do far too much damage for their level.. as a herc veno it's a pain in the **** when a lvl 70 sin steals aggro from my lvl 80 herc time and time again.
    That really doesn't say much because herc is kinda poor at keeping aggro if you nuke the target and don't control your damage.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That really doesn't say much because herc is kinda poor at keeping aggro if you nuke the target and don't control your damage.

Eh, that's true, but I routinely tank BH59 with my veno and can keep aggro from wizzies/archers within 2 or 3 levels of me, but I suppose it could be a case of a DD who just nukes, as you say, and fails to let my poor fattie get in there and do his thing. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    | @ Favu

all i can say is, you know some fail sins... If a sin takes aggro, stealth and reset, then prolly won't take aggro again. If a sin dies, more than likely their fault...
    sins are exactly what they're are called, ASSASSINS, made to kill and kill quick. We're not made to take dmg. clerics need to know that you don't simply heal a sin just like that, you need to make an agreement as to what they are gonna be doing 1st... cause if a sin plan to take aggro, run and stealth, you don't wanna be really healing him... |

But srsly all you ppl talking about nerfing sin cause they kill you easily..
    ever thought about what happens in pve and as someone else said, pve balance, do we has it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    clerics need to know that you don't simply heal a sin just like that, you need to make an agreement as to what they are gonna be doing 1st... cause if a sin plan to take aggro, run and stealth, you don't wanna be really healing him...
    I love the rumors about stealth and aggro by some people. Aggro doesn't work like that. It does not matter if you heal a sin who took aggro and forces stealth.

The only time when it's bad to stealth is of course if the sin and nobody else was tanking. It's pretty logical boss would go to massacre cleric and DDs in this case isn't it? But if a barb was tanking before and holding aggro sin stealthing will only make boss attack tank again.

I don't know what's so hard to get but here's the basics of how it works. Every mob has an aggro table. Damaging the boss or healing one of its enemies generate aggro on the boss for that specific target. For example, a barb attacking boss will increase the aggro this barb generated on the boss's aggro table. Healing does same.

Let's say boss's aggro table looks like this:

Target : Aggro amount

Barb : 500k
    Sin : 350k
    Cleric : 100k

The boss obviously goes for the barb because he has the most aggro amount in the list. As soon as the assassin gets more though, let's say 505k, boss turns to sin. Sin uses stealth, aggro resets to 0.

Target : Aggro amount

Barb : 500k
    Cleric : 100k
    Sin : 0

Now what the hell it has with healing sin = **** yourself over? It will just increase your aggro a bit on the boss same as healing the barb. As long as someone else is above on you on boss's aggro list you won't get attacked (unless boss has special reset or random aggro moves)

I hope it's clear because false rumors of stealth aggro from some people are getting annoying for me lol
    ever thought about what happens in pve and as someone else said, pve balance, do we has it?
    Or more importantly, ever wondered what happens if we DON'T kill you fast and you manage to get out of stun lock? It's a know fact we are toasted if a BM or barb isn't dead when our stuns end, thus if you cry a sin kills you before you act, we will also cry if you act and kill us before we kill you, cause that will give us NO chance to kill ANYTHING, and even be kinda weak in PvE as nobody likes us much.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fixing stealth->3 spark combo is the only thing needed.
    other classes cant fully use their 3 sparks either so why would assassins?
    on the other side...sins are such a joke w/o their 3 sparksb:surrender
    maybe with 3 spark fixed and demon and sage skills they can be reasonable w/o their buttsparks too
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Sins do fine PvE o_O, they take a little work at the lower lvls (-29) but they're not hard.

My sin solo'd every single one of his bosses when he received the quest (not FB obviously) Except for Tusker, Farng, and Krixxix. And I was able to solo Farng once I got my spark and lvl 29 skills.

All of this with nothing more than life powder (easy to get) and second wind (also easy to get).

So I think sins are fine PvE, bloodpaint especially helps later on when you level it.

P.S. No, I don't cash-shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i agree balance is needed on pk calls in guild when ppl see sins they jus leave the fight and so do i
    and others ask how many there are then say nvm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye