NPC PK event

Options
Shevanel - Sanctuary
Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
So I was thinking, while theres people who have pumped ungodly amounts of money into this game, thus ensuring they have some of the most ridiculous gear, refines and shards. Meaning they have a (fair - they paid for it) advantage over an incredibly large majority of players on Sanctuary.

Wouldn't it be nice to PK on a level playing field?

Set those with skills out from those with gears?

I have an Idea. everyone buy NPC armour, weapons and ornaments from your local NPC (the highest level you can wear), no refines, no sharding.

My idea is this - Hell (89+)
No clothing allowed (So we can ensure you're wearing your NPC gear)
Genies, Apoth, pots, charms etc IS acceptable
Safety lock preferabl as theres going to be LOTS of killing - who wants to waste that many GAs? I know people are less likely to run out and get killed when they lose a GA.

Basically I just want to make a really fun free for all (faction protection of course) all over Hell,, where we can all kill whoever, with no worries about those with the crazy good gear.

It's just an idea in the workings at the moment. I want to refine it more.
But this can't go ahead without people backing it. Any one interested? Any more ideas?

-Shev
Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
Shevanel - haha oh?
~~~
Koiz - i took this massive dump
Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
Shevanel - hahahahaha
Shevanel - haha
Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
Post edited by Shevanel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haha, sounds like fun =P I'd been thinking about something like this too, what would happen if everyone was forced to use the same gear as everyone else?

Plus hey, come boost (or kill) your K/D ratio xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So I was thinking, while theres people who have pumped ungodly amounts of money into this game, thus ensuring they have some of the most ridiculous gear, refines and shards. Meaning they have a (fair - they paid for it) advantage over an incredibly large majority of players on Sanctuary.

Wouldn't it be nice to PK on a level playing field?

Set those with skills out from those with gears?

I have an Idea. everyone buy NPC armour, weapons and ornaments from your local NPC (the highest level you can wear), no refines, no sharding.

My idea is this - Hell (89+)
    No clothing allowed (So we can ensure you're wearing your NPC gear)
    Genies, Apoth, pots, charms etc IS acceptable
    Safety lock preferabl as theres going to be LOTS of killing - who wants to waste that many GAs? I know people are less likely to run out and get killed when they lose a GA.

Basically I just want to make a really fun free for all (faction protection of course) all over Hell,, where we can all kill whoever, with no worries about those with the crazy good gear.

It's just an idea in the workings at the moment. I want to refine it more.
    But this can't go ahead without people backing it. Any one interested? Any more ideas?

-Shev

One of the best ideas I've heard so far :P . There's just one issue : make venos use normal pets because a nix would rip every1 to shreds including HA classes .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Then some lame OP idiot comes & nukes all the "nubes" to boost PK ratings b:sin

But the idea sounds kinda fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One of the best ideas I've heard so far :P . There's just one issue : make venos use normal pets because a nix would rip every1 to shreds including HA classes .

Love the idea. Makes sense for venos to use regular world tameable mobs. However, it would take quite some time to lvl that dang thing up.

Suggestion: Aya comes back and levels a couple caw flys and kowlins up for the public use b:cute
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    World tamable pets sounds like a good idea too.
    Thanks HI.

Yeah, we'd have tto possibly have "Guards" for anyone who wants to ruiin the fun. Someone who won't attack anyone else, or a few people just in case :D
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Btw, where do you get +100 lvl npc gear lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    are we using NPC weapons too? if regular weapons are allowed then you just have a bunch of glass cannons running around lol where the attack:defense ratio is scary

just more specifics would be awesome- but GREAT idea :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Some people would be so squishy :o

Shev you can kill me b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The people with all lvl 11 skills would still have a decent advantage but maybe it wouldnt be that bad.

Also some people wouldn't be able to fully wear high-level NPC gear because they have restat STR.

Does unrefined OHT count as NPC gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The people with all lvl 11 skills would still have a decent advantage but maybe it wouldnt be that bad.

Also some people wouldn't be able to fully wear high-level NPC gear because they have restat STR.

Does unrefined OHT count as NPC gear?

Hmm, definitely people w/ their lvl11 skills and 100 skills are gonna have an edge.

I think what Shev meant , and I might be wrong is simply getting white name no added stats NPC gear, meaning

no +vit/hp
    no +def
    no + acc
    no + crit
    no +phys/mag attk
    no + def/attl lvl

All you got is defense according to your lvl's gear, the way you stat'ed your char and good ol' fashion know how of PvP.

As for restating STR, oh well? lol, idk... guess you'll just have to figure that one out.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the idea sounds nice, lots of squishys dying b:chuckle count me in for that

maybe we could have 1 or 2 GMs to be sure people dont use their OP gear?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options

That's why wearing clothing wouldnt be allowed. You'd be able to see what people are wearing.

I suppose things like capes, rings, belts, and helms wouldn't show but I guess this event would require a bit of integrity. Obviously those who would fail to abide by the rules are trying to compensate for lacking... errmm.. skilllssss
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That's why wearing clothing wouldnt be allowed. You'd be able to see what people are wearing.
    b:sad Don't take away my wig. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    unrefined and unsharded robes? b:surprised

*1 shots Shev*

i think unrefined, crafted OHT gear with sharding restricted to avg shards might be a better idea. everyone can craft and hopefully afford OHT stuff, and it often comes with sockets. this would give you fairly even gear matchups with realistic 9x PK.

i don't know about genies since like...BR or TE would probably 1 shot a lot of people
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think that would be a lot of fun, Shev. =3

I'd have to get to 89 first, though. T~T Almost there. >=3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think what Shev meant , and I might be wrong is simply getting white name no added stats NPC gear...
    Yeah, thats what I had in mind.

Maybe another idea is self crafted (Everything has to have your name) OHT gear with average citrines/Garnets/Sapphires with refining restriction of +2 or something.

Still, a lot of OHT gear has level requisites of 92, 94, 96 etc. Could be harder to get enough people fully geared.

If we could get GM interaction, that would be awesome.
    unrefined and unsharded robes? b:surprised

*1 shots Shev*

i don't know about genies since like...BR or TE would probably 1 shot a lot of people

Hehe, but I'll be using skill to NOT get 1 shot :D Lots of sparking/potting/sleeping and best of all, sutra teleporting..

Good point about the genies, perhaps a list of skills could be written up to be restricted on level (For example, a genie with lvl 8-9-10 BR or TE should only be allowed to be 2-3)

I had in mind Holy Path, Fortify, Poison, Tree etc. Pretty much the basic survival skills.

@ Mendolin; yeah, white npc weapons aswell. It was in the original post d :
    @Vilkass; not entirely sure where you can get lvl 100 npc gear. I'd imagine it would be available somewhere. I'll scope it out soon.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Shev
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

• Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    awesome plan i guess now its going to be a fair fight between me and ayano ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    awesome plan i guess now its going to be a fair fight between me and ayano ><

*cough * - Ppl might actually believe ya and think it's unbanned b:shocked .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Some OHT gear is better than TT90s... if you get lucky... & checking each person's gear & then determining whether it's "fair or no"... meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the point is that no one would have high refines and vit stones....cuz you wouldn't put that into OHT gears just to win some player-organized tournament
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the point is that no one would have high refines and vit stones....cuz you wouldn't put that into OHT gears just to win some player-organized tournament

b:chuckle You sure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So an OHT Battle w/ NPC weapons?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure that this should be restricted to npc gear. Opening things up for OHT gear seems like a can of worms D:
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure that this should be restricted to npc gear. Opening things up for OHT gear seems like a can of worms D:

Agreed. It would be too hard to judge what was okay, and what wasn't. Just keep everyone on the same playing field.

What about tomes? As we all know, some are really quite...fancy. Allowed or no?
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this seems to be a nice ideia.

It would be fun if in one place of the map people PvP there only with NPC gear. This PvP event should be donne near 1K streams... so we would be have the same level as the mobs there, in case anyone agroed one would be a challange to kill mob and another player LOL.

Hopefully after this event how knows if people keep PvP with NPC gear in the same place this event were realized
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd say Tomes are a no also.
    Domina, thats why I said to do it in Heaven or Hell (preferably Hell, just cos it's cooler :D)
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seems great... when do we start?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I may not be working on monday (Im in Australia +10 GMT - 18 hours ahead of server time)
    Im thinking of doing it sorta early Monday morning, but Im having a hard time figuring out exactly when. 8pm server TW = 3pm for me the day after. I want to make it earlier than that, but for many people it will be out for Mothers day...
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

• Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^ Like me =( (most likely)

It should be fun, can't wait till this happens.. it'd be awesome if the GM's adopted this idea and held it a few times a year xD But meh.. what are the chances of that happening? ='(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sounds fun, hope you have a blastb:victory (bumping this for moar attention lol)