DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Options

Comments

• KatShawp - Archosaur
    KatShawp - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i know everyone's upset but it aint the gm's fault b:sad, isn't it the creators? and their not reading this...
  • Meatbunz - Archosaur
    Meatbunz - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grinding was bad before this update, now it's just completely pointless. The few hundreds Ks you get off of killing hundreds of mobs are now reduces by 20%. For all the Devs care about, is less coins accumulating from the free players who acquire them, thus even #1 - driving them from the game (aka quitting) or #2 - forcing them to charge Zen. I understand PWI is a business and it needs to profit, but they need to draw the line on where their marketing strategies can lead to. This is the extreme case, what's next? A cashshop item that's necessary to open Twilight Temple? Seriously, Devs, you are killing this game, if the game is not dead already. Incentives for doing anything outside of cashshop is getting less and less, and eventually this game might as well call themselves PayToPlay, but even then, it is nothing compared to some of the other PayToPlay games, which have much better customer service and game quality. Thanks PWI, another shot into your already broken back.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opre - Heavens Tear
    Opre - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They put in BH so we can't grind for money, now they want to lower their value so we'd quit i think. Am I wrong?
    8X Venomancer - Oprescu
    8X Archer - lFlashSteps
    4X Barbarian - Opre
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1469331006&dateline=1271227344[/SIGPIC]
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i know everyone's upset but it aint the gm's fault b:sad, isn't it the creators? and their not reading this...

Sad but true.... this whole damn thread is in vain..
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Spam them with tickets. I've ticketted them from all my accounts. If you're lazy copy and paste this:

I would like to point out that I'm very dissapointed with your decision to lower DQ NPC prices. After you have taken away our prizes for doing DQ by putting the items in the cash shop fo cheap, now you want to take our ability to make coins away. NPC-ing DQ items are the MAIN way to make coin in this game. You realize this will crash the market right?

It would help if it was a true statement or you could provide proof, which you can't...

FOR YOU, that is the main way to make money. You cannot speak for other people.

IF enough people were to stand up for themselves, without speculating about the impact on others, than you may have a good chance to get heard.

So, if you are going to send a ticket about DQing being your main income stick to that.

"DQ is MY main source of income, this will have a negative impact on MY ability to enjoy the game since it will cut my in-game income by 20%".

See the difference?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah add me to the list of paying customers rather disgusted by the very thought of lowering the value of any drops in game.

Let's get real, drops barely cover operating expenses for most things in game as it is. Everything "nice" I've wanted, has come from donating to PWI. If I have to donate just to repair my gear and buy pots, I won't be around much longer.
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    SyMei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah add me to the list of paying customers rather disgusted by the very thought of lowering the value of any drops in game.

Let's get real, drops barely cover operating expenses for most things in game as it is. Everything "nice" I've wanted, has come from donating to PWI. If I have to donate just to repair my gear and buy pots, I won't be around much longer.

Actually, PWI should follow another MMORPG I know of and sell "instant" pots in the Boutique. Having these "over time" pots can get a bit annoying. But I guess that's what those Guardian charms or whatever they're called are for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unlike running the same TT over and over.. which is not repetitive and not boring..... right.....

HH [when it was worth something] > Soloable, fairly fast, easy, high profit.
    Nirvana > FULL GROUP [MAJOR profit split], not fast, medium difficulty, low profit due to split.

So yes, I am right.

Even Nirvana is losing its value. Its getting harder to sell.

I sense Death in the future...

Yeah, Nirvana isn't "new" anymore :\ Not EVERYONE is running around buying the mats like when the mats were first introduced into the market. Death, indeed.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just a thought....

What would happen if Gold trading was capped at 100k per 1 gold? ^^

Discuss b:thanks

mass QQ to people that have sold their chest of coins and mass haappiness to me cause i have kept them all .... hmm ill end with somehitng like near 100m coins on my player, 100 m coins in my safe , 100m in my account stash ....

it will never happen
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just a thought....

People would charge zhen, and sell items. No one would use the AH for Gold, and there would be a seperate market for Cashshop items, and buying "gold" via giving people cash for the items you want. You can't just set a capped price on things you think are too expensive, and expect the market to just work with it like that. The reason gold is so expensive is due to the amount of coins there is in game. But most of them didn't come from DQ items.
    They put in BH so we can't grind for money, now they want to lower their value so we'd quit i think. Am I wrong?

BH didn't hold a gun to your head and force you not to grind. Just because there is a better source of exp doesn't mean you have to use it. Thats like saying a school installed a weight room to stop people from playing sports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mass QQ to people that have sold their chest of coins and mass haappiness to me cause i have kept them all .... hmm ill send with somehitng like near 100m coins on my player, 100 m coins in my safe , 100m in my account stash ....

it will never happen

Rofl, sadly I've been hording my chest of coins to hoping that one day they will make them actually worth using.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just keep your cool people, I am not pleased either, I'd grind for my levels still, its really very productive that way.
    Although the NPC price of DQ is reduced by 20%, its not that much. Grinding is still good so, think of an alternative way to gain money.

KonariRaiden is a great player and now a new mod. Just let him rest well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You all fail to realize the best way to make money isn't from DQ items (regardless of how much you've spent)

Poor people complain, rich people adapt.

This is an MMO ==> competition ==> rawr..

Stop complaining and learn to adapt. You're only making yourself poorer.

Sorry to be crass. <3 yall
    Well come now, I'm a rich merchant too, but even I can see this drop in DQ prices hurts players needlessly.

Sure, grinding is a hard and inefficient way to earn an in-game living, but if that's what players choose to do then they shouldn't be punished by the developers. Especially when the developers are also constantly flooding the economy with buckets of free money to cash-shop gamblers.
    You will not get anyone to believe that you started off with all this stuff without either grinding first for some money or using the cash shop.
    I may disagree with him, but I believe he's being honest.

It only takes about 150k to get started as a merchant, and that can be earned just doing your starting quests. That can be turned into a million in a week, and 10 million in a month, all without any grinding/gifts/cash-shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've never cash shopped.

I don't grind (for money)

See: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8013232&postcount=250

You all fail to realize the best way to make money isn't from DQ items (regardless of how much you've spent)

Poor people complain, rich people adapt.

This is an MMO ==> competition ==> rawr..

Stop complaining and learn to adapt. You're only making yourself poorer.

Sorry to be crass. <3 yall

LOL, I thought I should have shown them how much I've earned as a merchant, but then what's the point? That will only make them feel jealous, and those who never get there will never believe and just keep pissing you off. For the best case scenario, if it happens to inspire someone, that will only breed more merchants, raising more competitors to make you earn less. Take RoidAbuse's alt thread about his greedy mission to earn 10 billions as an example. Since the day he started his thread, I could see and sense the growing competition and rebellion. Merchanting is not as easy as before. People are getting smarter. It forces me to learn and adapt to the market and competitors faster than ever before, lol
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lulz, another reason PWE has given us to quit over. Eventually, they will remove coin and item drops altogether, it will cost you 1 coin for every step you take, there will be a fee to go into cat shop mode, and creating a new character will cost 10 gold.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No, dont want it.

This is my main source of money atm since economy isnt really good Sanc. Everything sells so cheap. And I call money from dq items "instant money".

If DQ items are going to drop by 20% then coin will be harder to get. Maybe that will make the gold to be cheaper in some time but it will also make the coin to be worth more.

At the first time till the prices get adapt to the market coin value this change is gonna be bad for everyone cause it may take a while.

And after that time this will only remain bad for cash shoppers. You ll get less coin for your gold.

No matter what happens this is obviously good change only for PWE. Those who say that they dont care might wanna try to rethink what they say.
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mass QQ to people that have sold their chest of coins and mass haappiness to me cause i have kept them all .... hmm ill end with somehitng like near 100m coins on my player, 100 m coins in my safe , 100m in my account stash ....

it will never happen

Guilty here also ^^
    Been hoping to get some money from these chests b:dirty
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just a thought....

Hmm, about 100,000 or more Chest of coins in peoples banks, maybe alot more. All gold is instantly bought from AH & used for hammers. Within 5 minutes 100,000,000,000 coin is inserted into economy. Hyper-inflation of cataclysmic proportions sets in. The game implodes.

If we survive that, noone sells gold at AH anymore. People know they can get signifigantly more just by selling it over WC, or the items direct from Boutique over WC. The AH gold selling comes to a halt. Comparative & competitive pricing gets blurred, which tends to raise its price even further. Casual players pay more for gold & have to do it with possibly untrustworthy direct transactions with players.

In summation; NO!
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lulz, another reason PWE has given us to quit over. Eventually, they will remove coin and item drops altogether, it will cost you 1 coin for every step you take, there will be a fee to go into cat shop mode, and creating a new character will cost 10 gold.

In Angels Online, you have to pay for an extra character slot (999 Angel Gold, which is about... 11 USD.

You get one free slot, and three pay-to-unlock slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWE gone crazy. I Dont even see why they would do such a thing other then annoy their customers... do they really think we're gonna keep spending if they mess up our gameplay?
    Let's boycott buying zen >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    14 pages of unhappy players?
    Ask me if im wrong but doesnt good customer service come from listening to the people using the product in our case playing....
    If i take back a steak to the store cuz its blue on the bottom they arent gunna shove me away cuz im not a mass of 1000+ people
    No there gunna listen to my problem and fix it
    I GRIND I DONT DO BH I DONT HH I DONT FROST(Sometimes i do but rarely)
    I make my money helping noobs and selling the drops i may get and those are mostely DQ
    All my money comes from DQ and cash shop All 3.7 Grand ive spent D= in americian and im canadian v..v
    Please I ask for MYSELF Please do not do this to this nearly perfect game
    The Anni packs are bad enough and no i will NOT call them anything else YoU know what they are..
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWE gone crazy. I Dont even see why they would do such a thing other then annoy their customers... do they really think we're gonna keep spending if they mess up our gameplay?

Im with you D= *Busts out a sign*
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • xtormentax
    xtormentax Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    OMG!! r u serious??? planning to drop DQ is just.......... isnt hard already to get GOLD??? bah if this keeps like this ill b quitting game , this game is becoming TOO GREEDY!!!!
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's plain and simple, they just want to make it harder for people to earn in-game money. Especially those lower level players. It's not the Dev either, as Developers are just coding, and they did what has been told to them.

It's the management of PWE, who told them what to do.

It's plain and simple that they are trying to reduce the population of people who don't cash-shop much, or to force them to take up the notch a bit on spending more. Here is the thing, if people have to spend more than $15/month in this game just to survive, you can bet that they will lose customers even faster.

If you read the forums, you can see that people are already hanging by the thread to stay in this game. They mainly stay because there are still friends in here, and if those occasional cash-shopper/non-cash-shopper are being driven away -- you can bet that the cash-shoppers population will also diminish.
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options

I'm glad I'm not a merch. then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seems no one gets it...

Lets say they apply the 20% - price on DQ items, gold will go down to probably 300k (exagerating...) and coins will be worth more.

What about those who sold their gold for high? They would still rule the economy, and would still sell gold for 420k when people would have less coins, meaning selling gold would be harder, meaning less people charging gold, gold price rices, economy goes down again, everyone goes emo, many people quit, end of the game.

Not a good idea b:sad b:cry
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmm, about 100,000 or more Chest of coins in peoples banks, maybe alot more. All gold is instantly bought from AH & used for hammers. Within 5 minutes 100,000,000,000 coin is inserted into economy. Hyper-inflation of cataclysmic proportions sets in. The game implodes.

If we survive that, noone sells gold at AH anymore. People know they can get signifigantly more just by selling it over WC, or the items direct from Boutique over WC. The AH gold selling comes to a halt. Comparative & competitive pricing gets blurred, which tends to raise its price even further. Casual players pay more for gold & have to do it with possibly untrustworthy direct transactions with players.

In summation; NO!

This is different than what's been happening over the past year or so... how? :P

Ask me if im wrong but doesnt good customer service come from listening to the people using the product in our case playing....
    If i take back a steak to the store cuz its blue on the bottom they arent gunna shove me away cuz im not a mass of 1000+ people
    No there gunna listen to my problem and fix it
    I GRIND I DONT DO BH I DONT HH I DONT FROST(Sometimes i do but rarely)
    I make my money helping noobs and selling the drops i may get and those are mostely DQ
    All my money comes from DQ and cash shop All 3.7 Grand ive spent D= in americian and im canadian v..v
    Please I ask for MYSELF Please do not do this to this nearly perfect game
    The Anni packs are bad enough and no i will NOT call them anything else YoU know what they are..

I didn't read this because the words "customer service" caught my eye and it made me lol.

b:laugh
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Way ahead of you. b:victory

Beer...now cheaper than zen. Drink...don't play. b:chuckle

Go to the main website. There's more complaints there about it.
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Way ahead of you. b:victory

Beer...now cheaper than zen. Drink...don't play.

Too bad I'm super-sensitive to alcohol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is different than what's been happening over the past year or so... how? :P

It hasnt been as rapid. This would be like taking the past years inflation and squeezing it into 5 minutes. Its the Nuclear warhead of inflation rather then the slow dirty bomb.
This discussion has been closed.