DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *yawn* Sorry for the seemingly sudden mass locking of the dupe threads, gang...it's 10:47, and I can't seem to get to sleep. I still don't know what effect merging threads has on this forum, so I'm just going with the safe option for now and linking everyone to this thread. Please understand, I am still a new Mod here.

b:cute

...but also, understand that I am fairly upset about this, too, as a fellow player. One of my favorite things to do in an MMO is grind, because...well, I'm weird like that. I actually enjoy grinding my levels and just killing time gathering drops and stuff. Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I roll. Honestly, I really do hope that that "subject to change" notice will end up causing the DQ reduction to get repealed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I predict a 20% reduction in dq items is going to mean a 60% increase in gold pricing, wine mats, and other assorted needs and wants.
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No. Because most of the inflation began when Packs came (specifically the 10 mil bank notes) which have been injecting alot more coin into the economy then DQ item sellers. So the CSers still keep getting richer, while the grinders cant make much money anymore. Since the main influx of coin isnt being cut off, this only worsens the rich/poor divide.

It doesn't worsen the rich/poor divide.. it completely obliterates it!
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *yawn* Sorry for the seemingly sudden mass locking of the dupe threads, gang...it's 10:47, and I can't seem to get to sleep. I still don't know what effect merging threads has on this forum, so I'm just going with the safe option for now and linking everyone to this thread. Please understand, I am still a new Mod here.

...but also, understand that I am fairly upset about this, too, as a fellow player. One of my favorite things to do in an MMO is grind, because...well, I'm weird like that. I actually enjoy grinding my levels and just killing time gathering drops and stuff. Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I roll. Honestly, I really do hope that that "subject to change" notice will end up causing the DQ reduction to get repealed...

Decaying Cleavehands. Good times. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Decaying Cleavehands. Good times. :p

*nods* Man, I loved doing One-Man Armies on those suckers...

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Less coins = cheaper gold + CS item in the long run?
    Less coins = coins increase in value?

Wouldn't we just get back to the same ol' same ol' anyway as time goes by? Purchasing power of your coins didn't change.

Or am I being an idiot?

Yes, technically gold prices would drop since less coin would be in the market. But think about it this way:

Gold price = 400k/gold current... but DQ drops often enough and sells decently..

Gold price = 320k/gold in new market... ohhh a whole 20% lower... considering you're making 20% less there isn't really any difference now is there? I understand there are other methods of making money but when it all comes down to it, the point is still valid. Gold prices will drop but you'll have less money to spend on gold anyways so it doesn't make a difference either way. Oh and this is best case scenario. Gold prices will barely budge because of all the **** CS items anyways so more accurately it would be like: Same gold prices but less money to spend on gold.

Looks like it's time to bust out the old console games until a decent MMO comes out since this one hasn't been cutting it for over a year now. I think in the long run PW would be better off doing a system wipe and starting this MMO over from scratch and making the CS like it was when the game first came out. Sure the old playerbase would rage and most would quit. But A LOT of people would just rage then start over not to mention new players would be attracted to the game since it's not already dominated by high levels... Not saying this would be a "good idea" relative to the player but it's certainly better for the game itself than the current decisions and decisions over the past year that have been made.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • FamersMarket - Heavens Tear
    FamersMarket - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never cash shopped.

I don't grind (for money)

See: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8013232&postcount=250

You all fail to realize the best way to make money isn't from DQ items (regardless of how much you've spent)

Poor people complain, rich people adapt.

This is an MMO ==> competition ==> rawr..

Stop complaining and learn to adapt. You're only making yourself poorer.

Sorry to be crass. <3 yall
    edited May 2010

Ok is there a reason at lvl 96 I should ever have a mob drop me (mob my lvl) 14 coins? Seriously, I live for the DQ drops otherwise non cash shoppers have no chance to make it in this game. They might as well put a big sign on the front page that says:::: PAY TO PLAY or leave now because you'll never have anything any other way!

Yeah... I'm stuck on it.. 14 coins. I can see how the non cash shopping players of pwi are getting so rich off of grinding and dq drops. Better nerf that so we don't get more money than those who whip out their credit cards and swipe it in style.

/rant... hi Konari :)
  • Oblio - Dreamweaver
    Oblio - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The implement of this, will ruin the game. Over a matter of weeks, you'll see how desperate people are for coins in the game by charging their credit cards away. This will also show a pretty big distinction between those who pay and those who do not pay.
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Ok is there a reason at lvl 96 I should ever have a mob drop me (mob my lvl) 14 coins? Seriously, I live for the DQ drops otherwise non cash shoppers have no chance to make it in this game. They might as well put a big sign on the front page that says:::: PAY TO PLAY or leave now because you'll never have anything any other way!

Yeah... I'm stuck on it.. 14 coins. I can see how the non cash shopping players of pwi are getting so rich off of grinding and dq drops. Better nerf that so we don't get more money than those who whip out their credit cards and swipe it in style.

/rant... hi Konari :)

...you just quoted me so you could say hi, didn't you?

b:mischievous

...well, anywho, I think I really should be trying to get some sleep now. I have one last final tomorrow and whatnot. Please, for me, don't get too flamey up in here. I know most of us are upset, and this is a place to just voice our opinions on the matter, as well as maybe provide some creative alternatives (I honestly like that -20% cost, +20% drop rate, or whatever).

Well, nighty-night, gang!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    I've never cash shopped.

You all fail to realize the best way to make money isn't from DQ items (regardless of how much you've spent)

If what you say is accurate and true, that you have NEVER used the cash shop, and don't grind then one of the following has to be accurate and true as well.

Either you did grind at one time to start up with some kind of money to begin with...OR...

You had a friend who already played the game and gave you money to start with... OR...

You got real lucky and some poor newb dropped 10 million of his newly swiped credit card coins on the ground and you picked them up.

You will not get anyone to believe that you started off with all this stuff without either grinding first for some money or using the cash shop.
  • Opre - Heavens Tear
    Opre - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never cash shopped.

WOW u're so smart!!! U kiss ur mother with that mouth?
    8X Venomancer - Oprescu
    8X Archer - lFlashSteps
    4X Barbarian - Opre
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1469331006&dateline=1271227344[/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    I've never cash shopped.

You're either lying or you're leaving out information. I don't believe you when you say you don't CS OR grind for money. And even if I gave you the benefit of the doubt, you are also probably leaving out information such as banking on TW salary or something of that nature.

It's not as simple as you make it sound to make money. You have to have some sort of income to start out and some kind of reliable income that outweighs the cost to MAKE that money.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Opre - Heavens Tear
    Opre - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This will be a PWI Fail. Pls reconsider this.b:surrender
    8X Venomancer - Oprescu
    8X Archer - lFlashSteps
    4X Barbarian - Opre
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1469331006&dateline=1271227344[/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    [..]

[...]

we all know it not the best way to make money but it the best way to level and keep up on repair/bh/potions.....

the best way was in time hh cause people needed items in here now it either have way too much items on market or people have cashshooped it ...

so it remain money run nirvana which is horribly boring/repeatitive (never tryed it)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This will be a PWI Fail. Pls reconsider this.b:surrender

Too bad they won't huh?
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    we all know it not the best way to make money but it the best way to level and keep up on repair/bh/potions.....

the best way was in time hh cause people needed items in here now it either have way too much items on market or people have cashshooped it ...

so it remain money run nirvana which is horribly boring/repeatitive

Exactly. HH used to be a money maker. Now unless you can solo 3-3 it's nearly worthless. Now days it's either horde DQ for money or run Nirvana which, as mentioned, is horribly repetitive and boring.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • FamersMarket - Heavens Tear
    FamersMarket - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    compound interest.

Ok.. I'm guilty. I did some quests and sold some DQ items.. yes, I did grind... for quests.

I had +1 equipment up until around level 60. I re-invested most of my profits back into making more money.

It's not that hard, especially if you've been doing it since OB started.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    run Nirvana which, as mentioned, is horribly repetitive and boring.

Unlike running the same TT over and over.. which is not repetitive and not boring..... right.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • WolfDuke - Lost City
    WolfDuke - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    why would 2u really want the dq items we use to make money worth less....??/
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never cash shopped.

What you fail to realize is that nobody has said that DQ are the best way to obtain coin.

You also fail to realize two other things:

A. A lot of people do not like merchanting. If I'm required to do something I don't enjoy in a game, then why am I playing?

B. If everyone became a merchant (like you're saying we should) then what would we be ending up doing? We'd keep buying and selling the same **** to each other, transferring coins around while no coins are being introduced into the system. (Yes i know this is a purely hypothetical situation that could never occur but I'm sick of people suggesting we do this). There's a reason you have to have to consumers in a market. Imagine living in a world where everyone just bought and resold everything they obtained and never used it. It would defeat to point of buying it.

How about we impose a 20% tax on all earnings the merchants make? (Whether it be value of item and/or direct amount of coins held) If it was possible I'm sure we'd see some merchants raising QQing hell over it.
    (sarcasm here)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Spam them with tickets. I've ticketted them from all my accounts. If you're lazy copy and paste this:

I would like to point out that I'm very dissapointed with your decision to lower DQ NPC prices. After you have taken away our prizes for doing DQ by putting the items in the cash shop fo cheap, now you want to take our ability to make coins away. NPC-ing DQ items are the MAIN way to make coin in this game. You realize this will crash the market right?
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Want it? Don't want it?

Personally: I Don't like it. Why? If it was already difficult for people to gain coin by grinding PvE-wise, you have decided to take it up a notch. In other words - You will only be able to gain coin by spending real life cash and that's that.

What will I do about it? You don't wanna know my personal plans against this when it is implemented...

I know what you mean
    84 Veno - moba
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Exactly. HH used to be a money maker. Now unless you can solo 3-3 it's nearly worthless. Now days it's either horde DQ for money or run Nirvana which, as mentioned, is horribly repetitive and boring.

Even Nirvana is losing its value. Its getting harder to sell.

I sense Death in the future...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    WOW!! if this is doing anything good, its bringing out 1st time forum posters...b:chuckle
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWI follows PW-CN's updates blindly.

Forecast: Demon Spark APS is nerfed, shtstorm and QQ to follow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So is the droprate going to increase?Or is pwi my new waist of life game.b:angry
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ive spent 3.7 grand on this game on me and my gf
    And this is what other people who spend this kinda money Deserve?
    And you guys recieving so much money do to the people who cant buy zen
    Not to mention you ruined grinding time befor work might aswell not
    cuz i wont make any money due to repairs v......v
    DQ should be RAISED by 40% if anything to account for your stupid ANNI packs I will NOT call them anything else. That IS what they are....but yes account for the anii packs GOLD RAISE players have to spend 400k or more on a bronze charm LOL that will last them not even a day of playing what noob has an extra 400k? and that is a very basic **** itemb:chuckle
    Also wanna add Anni packs are bassically Like gambling your money away.. and are kinda addicting.
    I opened about 120 and got nothing but regualr tokens v..v so far i spent 400 dollars on them and im canadian and its in americian so more money i guess V..v P

Guess what PWI CUSTOMER KNOWS BEST V..v
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Right, in my opinion, this will ruin it for most non cash shoppers, at least in the low levels, tho, to be honest, DQs are one of my primary money makers.
    Way to go making it even more impossible to play this game without selling a kidney, your car and your children as organ doners *sighs*
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just a thought....

What would happen if Gold trading was capped at 100k per 1 gold? ^^

Discuss b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.