How many will quit O.O

Options

Comments

• LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Of course people will complain no matter what PW does. However; they should take the option that ticks off the least amount of players. I don't think this is it. It is going to upset everyone who plays for different reasons. Cash shoppers won't be able to sell gold, because those who buy gold just had their income nerfed. Much like the real world economy. Imagine you are wal mart and tomorrows stock and your income depends on what I spend today. Well if I just got my hours cut back at my job and can not longer afford leisure things but only necessities who suffers? BOTH OF US! I spend less, you make less.

People would be irritated BUT... if they can still world chat and say HEY I need a gold hp charm pm me price.. then there is better control in the coin vs. gold issue. The price per gold should not be dependent on that stupid person I wanna punch in the face who bought up all the gold on HT and has put it at 440k.. when just 2 hours or so ago it was around 415k. That is greed at its finest. Like saying, ok well I'm about to not be able to make money off this so u can't have it either.

BTW... Coin sink? My husband is a barb and his usual repair bill after ANY instance (near lvl like rebirth delta) is around 70k. I'd say if he does that 10 times a day that is their coin sink.

I agree with this. Smack the cause of inflation in the face, not the players who just wanna play the game.

I completely agree.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Root cause is what then?

The coins have to come from somewhere. When I grind, I make easily more money from selling DQ items then anything else.

This is actually helping the non cash shoppers. Cash shop users don't buy coins directly.

The prices go down, gold is cheaper. Unless your sitting on millions of coins worth of DQ items right now (which you should sell RIGHT NOW before the patch).

Track when major inflationary periods happened and you'll get your answer as to the root of the problem. People were grinding off their merry buts & gold went no higher then 160k-180k. The Anni packs came, at 1st the "big items" were 15 mil for rings, 20 or so for helms, 25-30 mil for weapons, but they shot up fast. The reason mostly being 10 mil bank notes. They FLOODED money into the economic system. During the 1st Anni pack sale the gold peek was max 360k or so, now we're lucky to see gold that low when no packs are around. The constant packs with the constant bank notes have been the largest share of the flooded money into the economy. 2x events for 2 weeks & then 3 weeks only worsened the situation. The fact is, DQ grinding hasnt nearly put as much money into the economy as packs (bank notes) have since they've been around.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Root cause is what then?

The coins have to come from somewhere. When I grind, I make easily more money from selling DQ items then anything else.

Most people in similar threads have pointed out the devaluing of coins is due to Best Luck Tokens which can only be gotten through the various packs in cash shop. Therefore, it is the cash shop that is fueling all the coins entering circulation. There is a major difference in NPCing your DQ drops and getting a few hundred k coins and turning in 2 Best Luck Tokens and gaining 10m coins.
    This is actually helping the non cash shoppers. Cash shop users don't buy coins directly.

The prices go down, gold is cheaper. Unless your sitting on millions of coins worth of DQ items right now (which you should sell RIGHT NOW before the patch).

Cash shoppers have direct access to the various packs. Remember, you can turn in 2 Best Luck Tokens for 10m coins at an NPC. Best Luck Tokens are gained from those various packs. Therefore, cash shoppers actually can buy their coins directly. Non cash shoppers don't have as much power as you would like to believe.

Theoretically, the statement that cash shoppers depend on non cash shoppers to buy their coins so cash shoppers can get rich in-game is not correct because of the Best Luck Token into 10m coin conversion.

I won't argue your statement that gold will become cheaper though. Although that's due to another reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Root cause is what then?

Than*

Why do people keep using the wrong one? >_>
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Than*

Why do people keep using the wrong one? >_>

Cuz I'm a better lover than a speller? *shrugs*
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've already quit. Playing a new game right now. b:pleased
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options

Is it a PWI made game?

Edit: just read your sig xD
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cuz I'm a better lover than a speller? *shrugs*

LOL... I'm not going to even try to argue with that! Its cute!

:( I fear many will follow in your footsteps. Pm me what game you are playing!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Most people in similar threads have pointed out the devaluing of coins is due to Best Luck Tokens which can only be gotten through the various packs in cash shop. Therefore, it is the cash shop that is fueling all the coins entering circulation. There is a major difference in NPCing your DQ drops and getting a few hundred k coins and turning in 2 Best Luck Tokens and gaining 10m coins.

Good Point. Didn't think about that.
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Theoretically, the statement that cash shoppers depend on non cash shoppers to buy their coins so cash shoppers can get rich in-game is not correct because of the Best Luck Token into 10m coin conversion.

How do cash shoppers depend on non-cash shoppers? Doesn't that just mean the AH is empty? I think most cash shoppers, like me, buy our stuff and use it ourselves.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Good Point. Didn't think about that.

How do cash shoppers depend on non-cash shoppers? Doesn't that just mean the AH is empty? I think most cash shoppers, like me, buy our stuff and use it ourselves.

Do you think for one second that cash shoppers, buy gold in the auction house? Better yet would they do it with coins they went out and spent 6 hours grinding? For real....?

If the non cash shoppers didn't go out and grind and sell all their items (especially DQ drops)who the heck would be left to buy the gold that the cash shoppers put in the auction house?

As the prior post said... if I go out and grind for an hour and make 100k (around lvl 70 thats doable, maybe even 60) and npc my drops for a 100k thats totally different then buying 10.00 worth of packs and getting a 5 mil coin "drop" from it. The influx of coins has come from cash shoppers selling lots of gold, lucky "pack" buyers getting good items from packs and selling to people who have lots and lots of coins.

What will it take for ppl to get the simple economics of this game. Non cash shoppers are just as important if not more to the game than the cash shoppers. Do you think the cash shoppers are going to sell their gold to each other?
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What will it take for ppl to get the simple economics of this game. Non cash shoppers are just as important if not more to the game than the cash shoppers. Do you think the cash shoppers are going to sell their gold to each other?

No, because that's not the only way to spend your gold.

The AH is a luxury of this MMO. Most MMO's get by just fine without it. Some even don't allow trading CS items. Some magically have been around for many years.
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Laters, good luck, and have fun.

PW is doing what users have been asking them to do for about 9 months. Obviously people will complain no matter what, so make up your mind, are prices for gold too high in PW or are they too low?

If you answer gold prices are too high, then you should be very happy with this price reduction
    If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, then this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, then you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.

The exact same exact argument was made for PW not doing anything about the in-game inflation, and how higher prices would drive new players away, etc, etc, etc.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, then people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.

Its ignorant to think that gold prices which are dictated by players will drop because in game coin is being devalued...
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Its ignorant to think that gold prices which are dictated by players will drop because in game coin is being devalued...

Since the gold price is dictated by the gold buyers, if the gold buyers have less coins, there is a good chance it will impact the price of gold. The gold buyers dictate the at what price they are willing to buy gold at.... Keep that in mind.

In the other hand, since gold will be cheaper, but people will make less money, it will only look like the problem is being solved, since the buying power will most likely remain pretty similar.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    [.....]

The AH is a luxury of this MMO. Most MMO's get by just fine without it. Some even don't allow trading CS items. Some magically have been around for many years.

cs items that u need playing in pvp server (no idea for pve)

charm u need for both end game pve and pvp
    mount u need to catch on your oponent or run away
    doll only ep use it nowaday with broken shattering option
    all kinds of refinement better it is easyer u will survive or kill ennemy

and oh wait it only available from cash shop
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If I quit, then I won't play another MMORPG ever again. Infact... games in general. I still loved PWI as it was, but I will take a break after I get my alts with maxed skills and this char at 59... I don't think its the best time to play right now.

Come on Developers, manager, you are making the game go downhill. Is it because you force the players to PVP and buy guardian angels or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I see there are a lot of people that will quit or about to quit. Hopefully PWI sees the light...Which i doubt b:cry
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I see there are a lot of people that will quit or about to quit. Hopefully PWI sees the light...Which i doubt b:cry

All they see are: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Laters, good luck, and have fun.

PW is doing what users have been asking them to do for about 9 months. Obviously people will complain no matter what, so make up your mind, are prices for gold too high in PW or are they too low?

If you answer gold prices are too high, then you should be very happy with this price reduction
    If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, then this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, then you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.

The exact same exact argument was made for PW not doing anything about the in-game inflation, and how higher prices would drive new players away, etc, etc, etc.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, then people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.

Come on, Jazmin. The gigantic amount of coins ingame is not resulted from grinding. Go around, do you see anyone really grinding that much anymore? These coins are mainly from those token of best luck, and lots of players reaching higher levels, where they get rewards from bounties/etc.

Reducing the DQ reward is just hurting lower level players, and in the end, they will get less and less new players. It's just killing their new intake.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not defending pwi at all the one thing i know they control is boutique shop (they tend to make lots of sales). Which is kinda runstical sometimes but boutique there baby not wanmei.

Other wise some the stuff or idea come from wanmei though some they can change aka marketing and etc not gm or mods. All gm or mods do is watch the forum and pass on info or enforce the forums rules. But the faces behind the gm and mods need to listen or at some point there will be no player or not enough to maintain a game. Hence out of business Though i don't work for pwi just a player on this version crossing fingers wanmei take total control over pwi at some point
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    O.o is it me or is IceJazmin the only one for the 20% reduction?
    edited May 2010
    Options
    money%20large.jpg

^ PWE Management ^
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I am not for or against, I voted "NO i will find a way to make coin. " with 31 other people.

I can see why they are introducing the 20% reduction, and I think it may be a step in the right direction, however only time will tell. I have been one of the few players against double drops from the begining. I have also been one of the players stating that PW needs better coin sinks to keep inflation at check.

This new approach, is an indirect coin sink. Unlike a traditional coin-sink, that removes the coins AFTER the players get them, this approach will reduce the amount of coins introduced into the game up front.

Obviously there are other things that add coins, like the best luck tokens, so this reduction may off-set the overall amoung of coins being introduced into the game.

Is it going to work? Only time will tell.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If the devs are looking to create a coin sink, they need to remove the ten million notes from the perfect token best luck. That is the only true thing that threw the economy out of balance, although the chest of coins had a minor effect. Now non-cash shoppers have a harder time in this game with nerfed in-game coin income of dq items.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

icejazmin loves pwi management. *kissing noises*

i just wish my new video card would come already so i can go and finally play the game i want to and leave this trap behind.. till then, ill talk to my friend.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i just wish my new video card would come already so i can go and finally play the game i want to and leave this trap behind.. till then, ill talk to my friend.

Second that. Waiting for another one coming out too...
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i dont see why people can run around gamin all the time
    my buddy(Shadowfish)and I, we be chillingb:cool :
    2wnv89f.jpg
    I wouldnt quit PW at all :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL... I'm not going to even try to argue with that! Its cute!

:( I fear many will follow in your footsteps. Pm me what game you are playing!

Pm me what Jenna pms you.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my characters are on the game but rarely being played. I play something else and just do city of abominations.... after 1 year I estimate I'll be able to enjoy this again. b:laugh
  • xtormentax
    xtormentax Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I heard Diablo 3 is comin out soon, hope it is true.

It would be true that they r trying to coin-sink if it wasnt that in our server theres a clan that gets all their money from TW, since they almost got the whole map, so it is mostly in favor 4 them coz they can own things, they r the ones who get all the good gear, the rest cannot get any place in the map, just coz we r getting out of options to get money to improve our items
    edited May 2010
    Options
    xtormentax wrote: »
    I heard Diablo 3 is comin out soon, hope it is true.

It would be true that they r trying to coin-sink if it wasnt that in our server theres a clan that gets all their money from TW, since they almost got the whole map, so it is mostly in favor 4 them coz they can own things, they r the ones who get all the good gear, the rest cannot get any place in the map, just coz we r getting out of options to get money to improve our items

Lulz you must be from Sanctuary. b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.