DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As soon as the maintenance starts... this thread is going to explode.

On PWI's head be it. Destruction is imminent. Take evasive maneuvers. Do a barrel roll and erase all data that such a plan ever existed or be ready to start merging servers together to keep up the population to an enjoyable level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes!! IF and WHEN this happens .. all I can say is.. LIGHT THIS THREAD UP BABY!!b:angry
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If/when this happens, there's only one way to get PWI to listen (and sadly the forums aren't it).

Everyone who feels strongly about this has to boycott the Gold Trading system. Let the people who sell the gold to the people who grind DQ feel the sting. When THEY complain to PWI they'll have no choice but to listen to their paying customers.

Sadly, PWI doesn't care what the people don't pay think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elfiniah - Sanctuary
    Elfiniah - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lowering the selling price of DQ items = pushing the big red "self destruct" button for the game. The economy is already suffering, why lessen the value of what is some peoples' main source of income? Might as well shut off the servers permanently if this is implemented, a lot of people will probably just quit. Do not do this PWE. Maybe they have a reason for it, but it better be a pretty good reason. They should also tell us their reason instead of just saying they will and not saying why. But I repeat, it better be an extremely good reason for doing this.

P.S. I have willingly payed real $$ for some items and was considering doing so in the future, but I will refuse to pay more if the DQ sell price is lowered.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    inflation didnt started with anni pak it started with chest of coins and perfect hammer....

chest of coins make gold price went from 95-130k directly up to 300k

then u got anny pak/tiger pak/coral pak which maked gold price went randomly between 340k-850k depending on the average % drop people was getting in it
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If/when this happens, there's only one way to get PWI to listen (and sadly the forums aren't it).

Everyone who feels strongly about this has to boycott the Gold Trading system. Let the people who sell the gold to the people who grind DQ feel the sting. When THEY complain to PWI they'll have no choice but to listen to their paying customers.

Sadly, PWI doesn't care what the people don't pay think.

Boycotting the gold trading system isn't gonna do anything... boycotting the game something. No one likes a dead game, including the cashshoppers. If PWE makes the majority of the population RQ then eventually the cashshoppers will get bored too.
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When they brought this to the CN servers a little while ago, I heard it was due to someone hacking the drop rates

ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When they brought this to the CN servers a little while ago, I heard it was due to someone hacking the drop rates

ijs...

So they can't **** the new droprate? =.=
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If Dragon Quest items are reduced in price by 20%... will they drop 20% more often?
    Will normal coin drops increase to compensate?

Is grinding for coin drops somehow an exploit?
    First 3-star drops are reduced in value (they decompose for less mirages) now Dragon Quest items are devalued... Molds are already in overabundance. Moreover, molds and Twilight Temple drops DO not produce coin. They merely move it around. Merchanting doesn't work if players can't produce coins.
    I love Perfect World, but this move makes me feel slightly betrayed. I understand the importance of a rising profit margin. But by forcing people to pay for they basic income... you're defeating the purpose of micro-transactions. The idea behind this model is that game is competitive on a free basis; but amazing if you pay. If I have to pray for Best Luck Tokens to pay wine fees and repairs this is no longer the case.

I sincerely hope that this devaluation of the primary coin generating drops of the game is balanced through other manipulations of in-game elements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XeLea - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Yep... PWI is fcked now...
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010

ijs...

lolwut. Lowering their sell price isn't gonna fix anything if the **** mob still drops 100 at a time. All it does is encourage more hacking.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The guy's english wasn't so great, he probably meant an exploit or something
    That's what I heard, at least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sage/demon conversion interests me the most. I care less about the DQ sale.

I was once very pro at grinding when I started playing the game, but after a few months I realise that grinding is BS when I could earn a lot easier and a lot more by merchanting. It's kind of funny just to see how many people farming and grinding like a farmer when very few people don't want the low-paid jobs in real life and you could avoid it in a virtual world. Well, it's another story if you're talking about botting or if you can't find any other easy ways to earn coins.

Anyway, I figure they lower the DQ values to make botting less attractive and discourage people from grinding too much to the point where they don't want to charge Zen, lol.

And for some reasons I reckon PWI believe that 20% will make you complain or grind less for a while or make a small portion of non-cash shoppers whom they relatively care less about to quit, but it won't stop you from grinding, why? Because you appear to have no other choices other than quitting, but I don't think you want to do that because the game has many more attractive features and options to let you earn coins and make you stay, esp. when you've already invested so much time and effort in building your chars.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    they should care more about new player then old player
    old player will stay for time they invested and they dont need as much money as other
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    Sage/demon conversion interests me the most. I care less about the DQ sale.

I was once very pro at grinding when I started playing the game, but after a few months I realise that grinding is BS when I could earn a lot easier and a lot more by merchanting. It's kind of funny just to see how many people farming and grinding like a farmer when very few people don't want the low-paid jobs in real life and you could avoid it in a virtual world. Well, it's another story if you're talking about botting or if you can't find any other easy ways to earn coins.

Not only will this hurt the grinders make money, but it will hurt those that merchant.
    The grinders will no longer be able to afford luxuries and wont spend on anything other than what is needed to play the game.

Anyway, I figure they lower the DQ values to make botting less attractive and discourage people from grinding too much to the point where they don't want to charge Zen, lol.

I have been playing PWI since about 2 months after it was released. I have never seen a bot.

And for some reasons I reckon PWI believe that 20% will make you complain or grind less for a while or make a small portion of non-cash shoppers whom they relatively care less about to quit, but it won't stop you from grinding, why? Because you appear to have no other choices other than quitting, but I don't think you want to do that because the game has many more attractive features and options to let you earn coins and make you stay, esp. when you've already invested so much time and effort in building your chars.

ten/ char :)
  • Gekigami - Dreamweaver
    Gekigami - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well i can say goodbye to lvling my barb for a while...

*hops on his veno* WHEEEEEEb:cry
  • oyamajio
    edited May 2010
    ten/ char :)

LOL trust me, it's a lot and a lot less painful as a merchant.

You won't believe it until you see it. Period.
  • DoughieFace - Archosaur
    DoughieFace - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is the outcome as I see it. Casual players will be buying less gold in game therefore gold prices go down or they won't buy it at all. Cash shoppers will complain that no one is buying gold. Casual players leave the game and Cash shoppers get bored because less people are doing TW and PKing and leave. I agree PW has done lots of things in the past to cause inflation, but I think this is the wrong way of fixing the problem if they don't want to lose a huge amount of players. Taking out Bank Notes or the Coin Chests first and seeing how that goes might be a better option.

I've played since November 2008 and I've seen PWE do a lot of things that blew my mind, but this just takes the cake and eats it too. I just hope that the Dev's will see the community united against this and will consider other options to fix the problem.
  • XeLea - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Dark days are in store for PWI..
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Come on PWE... do you think this will make people buy more gold? I know a lot of people say this, but I am adding my voice too: I will stop spending RL money on your game now. I spend more when it is fun, DQ items pay my repair and potion costs, leaving my cash shop budget to take care of charms/hyper/etc.

If I have to spend RL money just to do normal activities like questing it gets less fun, this is the reason I don't play P2P games. This change will not cause people like me to spend more money, it will simply cause us to play less, buy less fancy wings and fashion, or quit entirely for a game that costs the same...

Perhaps you should look into lowering TW payouts, removing the best luck tokens, etc...
    oyamajio wrote: »
    LOL trust me, it's a lot and a lot less painful as a merchant.

You won't believe it until you see it. Period.

You seem to be missing the fact that merchants will be hurt by this as well.
    Less income for grinders means less coin in the pocket of many players.
    Less coin in the pocket means it's more likely they will farm wine mats, combine their own CS stones, buy cheaper mounts and areos (or none at all), be able to pay less for TT mats, and generally spend less at the army of catshops that have taken advantage of the relative ease of earning coin by selling things people don't need or can get themselves for free/cheaper.

Sorry to break it to you, but in a failing economy "middleman" is not a very secure job...
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    All the QQ here isnt going to matter since pwe has never taken players' feedback into much consideration.
    It would be better to spend the time thinking of other things to do...or maybe another game b:chuckle
  • XeLea - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Their next move will be to get rid of DQ/mob drops all together
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL DQ price drop. This game is finally going to die. It's been long over due... only reason people still play this game is because they don't wanna ditch what they've spent so much time/money (oh so much money) into. And because there really isn't any other viable MMO choices out there at the moment... GG PW. The new players aren't going to stay since they can't get any money, and the old non-CS players aren't going t last since the main money maker is nerfed. May as well go play on a private server. At least on private servers you only have to spend a fraction of what you do here to get decent stuff...
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    RE: to the sloppy guy from the other thread:

There are people who actually buy things to use. Lots of people buy stuff to sell. I'm a mixture of both.

Its not about spending money beyond your means. When you go out and grind/quest and you earn lets say 100k, but the amount of pots you used and your repair bill was 125k there is a problem. If I have to quit using pots to make money I'm going to just quit the game. I got something better to do with my time then sit and meditate for 5 minutes while my MP and HP regenerate. Now that is just items you NEED to use, that left no room for anything one person might actually WANT in the game. Now what was it you said again about spending right?

Find a new job? How can you do anything different than what the game was designed for? This game was designed to play and be entertained. IF it becomes worse than a real job in terms of work vs. pay then there is a serious problem. Please read above.

I'm not talking about just grinding. I don't enjoy it. But I do enjoy being able to do the quests that have been set before me to do. I'd like to enjoy the game. Are we not supposed to be able to make money grinding? Isn't that why we do in fact... grind? I mean if the purpose of this game is for me to walk around aimlessly for hours finding good deals on stuff and setting up a cat shop for the remainder of my night to make money, then I've sorely missed what the word "entertainment" means.

This game is supposed to be designed to work hard and make money. Not the other way around.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This thread is hereby dubbed the official thread for talking about this issue. Please don't get too hot-headed in here, mk?

I'm also a tad upset by this...but remember, it's the dev's, not the GM's...don't give 'em too much hate, please?

b:cute

I know, its really the devs, but its not really necessary for them to even bother doing this update in the first place. The devs aren't thinking right. They should increase drop rate for the higher levels then,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Less coins = cheaper gold + CS item in the long run?
    Less coins = coins increase in value?

Wouldn't we just get back to the same ol' same ol' anyway as time goes by? Purchasing power of your coins didn't change.

Or am I being an idiot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Come on PWE... do you think this will make people buy more gold? I know a lot of people say this, but I am adding my voice too: I will stop spending RL money on your game now. I spend more when it is fun, DQ items pay my repair and potion costs, leaving my cash shop budget to take care of charms/hyper/etc.

If I have to spend RL money just to do normal activities like questing it gets less fun, this is the reason I don't play P2P games. This change will not cause people like me to spend more money, it will simply cause us to play less, buy less fancy wings and fashion, or quit entirely for a game that costs the same...

Perhaps you should look into lowering TW payouts, removing the best luck tokens, etc...

Less coin in the pocket means it's more likely they will farm wine mats, combine their own CS stones, buy cheaper mounts and areos (or none at all), be able to pay less for TT mats, and generally spend less at the army of catshops that have taken advantage of the relative ease of earning coin by selling things people don't need or can get themselves for free/cheaper.

Sorry to break it to you, but in a failing economy "middleman" is not a very secure job...

I agree with this.. but some ppl just dont get it. The last sentence of the quote is priceless...
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh give me a break, you're insane to think this is why LOL!!!!!
    veno can just afk grind, set pet on defensive and put weight on auto pick up

i know few of my friends doing that atm making 500-800k a night

yes it's unfair to other ppl, but i dont blame GM, its veno's fault, if u guys didnt explore the bug this wont happen

the same goes how GM lowered mirages u get from 3* items that come out from fbx9 and i heared under fb59 or something 3* decomp to perfect stones no longer mirages

just my trolling on PW-MY

as for ppl telling me should ban those venos.. oh plz, how many of u didnt do afk pet healing on the bosses
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Less coins = cheaper gold + CS item in the long run?
    Less coins = coins increase in value?

Wouldn't we just get back to the same ol' same ol' anyway as time goes by? Purchasing power of your coins didn't change.

Or am I being an idiot?

No. Because most of the inflation began when Packs came (specifically the 10 mil bank notes) which have been injecting alot more coin into the economy then DQ item sellers. So the CSers still keep getting richer, while the grinders cant make much money anymore. Since the main influx of coin isnt being cut off, this only worsens the rich/poor divide.
  • oyamajio
    edited May 2010

The economy will adjust accordingly depending on the coins and golds in circulation, which in turns every item will also adjust accordingly. Obviously the middleman is just a middleman and he will respond accordingly. Hurt? I don't think so.
This discussion has been closed.