How many will quit O.O

Options
LdyPwn - Harshlands
LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
If devs make it any harder for non-Cser to enjoy the game who will quit?

b:laugh
Post edited by LdyPwn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If devs make it any harder for non-Cser to enjoy the game who will quit?

b:laugh

everyone can merchant.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In before a lock b:surrender

Only thing I'll say is that I was a cash shopper for fashion, pigments and teleacoustics and I stopped the game but I didn't quit permanently. Planning to log on once in a while sooner or later in the future but I'm taking a break right now

Byes b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Merchanting transfers coins from one player to another. Most of the time, the consumer is the average non-CS or light-CS player. Guess who's affected most by nerfing DQ drops? The same players who buy a few packs every now and then.

If everyone's a merchant, nobody makes money.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The only things giving me money besides merching are BH100 and Nirvana.

If those are taken away.................. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle just a quick thought... with less DQ does that means there will be less coins going around.... aka gold price will go down a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle just a quick thought... with less DQ does that means there will be less coins going around.... aka gold price will go down a bit

the best way would be to not have too many Sales b:laugh
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't quit but play other (org) version mainly until things get better here would log in once in a while.
    Been in talks with customer service on that one via email got some good responses hope the dev there and marketing. Team take pw players suggestions to make the free version fun for you guys.
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In the end, everyone quits.
    ._.'
    it be sad but true.
    we quit whether by choice or by force.
    (>.<)
    humans and their creations last for such a short time.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ._.'
    it be sad but true.
    (>.<)
    ._.'

From what it looks like...they are Forcing us to quit b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicHamsta - Lost City View Post
    ._.'
    it be sad but true.
    (>.<)
    ._.'
    From what it looks like...they are Forcing us to quit

if that the case i wish they tell us straight foward oppose to walking around the bushes about it
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From what it looks like...they are Forcing us to quit b:cryb:cryb:cry

Nope. not yet, if anything they be slightly extending the theoretical lifespan.
    although lifespan means nothing without a player base.
    and Gve why you has to quote fail me post?
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkpein
    darkpein Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I buy zhen when i can. But times have been hard around here so been cutting back abit on my spending. Ive choosen my home and truck over pw and it seems im being punished for it! Love the game and hate to quit but it seems im being forced out. I guess I have to draw the line at some point so if dq drops then im out.
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    darkpein wrote: »
    I buy zhen when i can. But times have been hard around here so been cutting back abit on my spending. Ive choosen my home and truck over pw and it seems im being punished for it! Love the game and hate to quit but it seems im being forced out. I guess I have to draw the line at some point so if dq drops then im out.

Yes i have cut back a bit also.
    Rl first

But i still spend Zen when i can. It seems it is never enough unless i give them my whole savings b:sad
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    old player will stay cause they dont need money anymore other then repair and potions

but new comer will play get lv 30 and change game faster then it took for them to download the game

AND

pwi will not be anymore the best " free to play " game anymore and go in garbage can like every other " free to play "
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    try battle field hero

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    darkpein wrote: »

Laters, good luck, and have fun.

PW is doing what users have been asking them to do for about 9 months. Obviously people will complain no matter what, so make up your mind, are prices for gold too high in PW or are they too low?

If you answer gold prices are too high, then you should be very happy with this price reduction
    If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, then this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, then you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.
    old player will stay cause they dont need money anymore other then repair and potions

but new comer will play get lv 30 and change game faster then it took for them to download the game

AND

pwi will not be anymore the best " free to play " game anymore and go in garbage can like every other " free to play "

The exact same exact argument was made for PW not doing anything about the in-game inflation, and how higher prices would drive new players away, etc, etc, etc.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, then people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • darkpein
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes i have cut back a bit also.
    Rl first

But i still spend Zen when i can. It seems it is never enough unless i give them my whole savings b:sad

yeah i still spend what i can when i can but it seems i just able to keep my head above the water. Im just getting tired of trying to keep up when i know its all for not. Being it DQ price drop or something else in the near future im choosing to draw a line now and say its enough.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

PW is doing what users have been asking them to do for about 9 months. Obviously people will complain no matter what, so make up your mind, are prices for gold too high in PW or are they too low?

If you answer gold prices are too high, than youshould be very happy with this price reduction
    If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, than this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, than you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.

The exact same exact argument was made for PW not doing anything about the in-game inflation, and how higher prices would drive new players away, etc, etc, etc.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, than people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.

Do you honestly think those of us out there grinding and selling our DQ drops are the rich ones in this game? If you think that then you seriously need to re-evaluate the situation. The rich in this game, the ones with the over abundance of coins and gold are the cash shoppers. NOT the ppl who grind for hours on end to sell the DQ items for what few coins they have.

Basically they are forcing out those who don't whip out their wallet, swipe their credit card and right click beyond measure. Gold will go down due to the fact that the non cash shop buyers can no longer afford it at all. But that will not fix the damage this will cause. Up to lvl 70 on my first character I never charged any zen. I wasn't sure I wanted to stay with the game. Now 5 characters later and almost 2 years later I have charged my fair share. With the DQ drops being nerfed, newer players will quickly see its Charge, or leave. There is no other way... use your real life dollars or suffer and quit. Or just suffer. There are other ways for them to get coins out of the economy rather than what they are proposing.

Taking out the gold trade in game all together would be one of those things. Making players buy/sell actual items rather than gold. That would eliminate a lot of the problems in the game. (just my opinion of course)
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh. you forgot the 4th option.

"I will QQ on the forums, pretend like I'm going to quit but not actually quit"
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I actually already quit (2 days ago). I just felt like I've been spending time for nothing as there was no more incentive to do anything in the game anymore. I asked myself why I spent several weeks farming TT (during a really poopy economy) just for lunar claws when I could have just charged $150-$200 worth of Zen just like many people, then wondered what I was going to be left with after doing so. Nice expensive claws to use on practically nothing...Occasional PvP, sure, but the fun only last for so long on a PvE server. b:sad

Anyways, the company can only push the players so much. I would have been fine if they added plenty of new contents to keep players' interests, but they just keep going back to the root of money tree. I really hope PWE will see that trying to make players spend money on a game that lacks content is not the right way to go, because I used to be obsessed with the game when I had just started.
  • darkpein
    edited May 2010
    Options

If you answer gold prices are too high, than youshould be very happy with this price reduction
    If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, then this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, then you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, then people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.

And just what was it users where asking pw to do again? Please explain how dropping DQ prices will help with ingame inflation? So now that dq is down youll sell me (for example) a lunar ornament for 30mil now instead of 60?
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options

Good luck when u get past lvl80 and want to grind for coin b:laugh
    You are going to love it.

PLUS if we dont QQ we get screwed over.
    We are voicing our opinions
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do you honestly think those of us out there grinding and selling our DQ drops are the rich ones in this game? If you think that then you seriously need to re-evaluate the situation. The rich in this game, the ones with the over abundance of coins and gold are the cash shoppers. NOT the ppl who grind for hours on end to sell the DQ items for what few coins they have.

Basically they are forcing out those who don't whip out their wallet, swipe their credit card and right click beyond measure. Gold will go down due to the fact that the non cash shop buyers can no longer afford it at all. But that will not fix the damage this will cause. Up to lvl 70 on my first character I never charged any zen. I wasn't sure I wanted to stay with the game. Now 5 characters later and almost 2 years later I have charged my fair share. With the DQ drops being nerfed, newer players will quickly see its Charge, or leave. There is no other way... use your real life dollars or suffer and quit. Or just suffer. There are other ways for them to get coins out of the economy rather than what they are proposing.

Taking out the gold trade in game all together would be one of those things. Making players buy/sell actual items rather than gold. That would eliminate a lot of the problems in the game. (just my opinion of course)

Do you honestly believe that people would not complain no matter what PW would try to do to try to control the inflation? PW will have to create a money sink that affects everyone, which means, people will complain. The lowering of the DQ sale price is just a money sink. People have been asking PW for about an year for a good coin sink... well, PW found one.

And can you just see the posts if PW said "we are removing the ability to trade gold in-game"?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

If you answer gold prices are fine or not high enough, than this lower sale price of dqs to npc should get you upset.

IF you want PW to do something about the in-game inflation, than you cannot be complaining about the lowering of the DQ npc sell prices.

IF people want PW to do something about the inflation, like we have seen in a number of threads over the past few months, than people really can not complain at all when PW actualy does something about it.

Because the cause of inflation is not due to DQ items. They are fighting inflation yes, but very inefficiently because they are not tackling a root problem. I will predict that inflation will continue to occur at the same rate even after the DQ change.

And reducing DQ prices =/= coin sink. You are using the term coin sink very incorrectly. Repair costs = coin sink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

No.. I WILL quit if this happens..
  • darkpein
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Because the cause of inflation is not due to DQ items. They are fighting inflation yes, but very inefficiently because they are not tackling a root problem. I will predict that inflation will continue to occur at the same rate even after the DQ change.

And reducing DQ prices =/= coin sink. You are using the term coin sink very incorrectly. Repair costs = coin sink.

I agree with sleepy. b:victory
    edited May 2010
    Options

The double drop events really mess stuff up, but people love them. By lowering DQ, PW can offer more of the double drops events.

In a way, you are right, this is not going to really fix anything. However, it will allow PW to make people love them by offering more double-drops without totaly messing up the flux of coins.

In a place without a major coin sink (at east 70% of the income should be "wasted" in coin sinks), cost of products and services will always go up, its a fact of life.

In reality, redution in DQ = coin sink, in the fact that they are reducing the amount of coins that WILL enter the economy. Obviously in the true sense of the word a coin sink would be a way to remove the coins AFTER they have entered the economy, however, that is far harder to do than to reduce future coins.
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Root cause is what then?

The coins have to come from somewhere. When I grind, I make easily more money from selling DQ items then anything else.

This is actually helping the non cash shoppers. Cash shop users don't buy coins directly.

The prices go down, gold is cheaper. Unless your sitting on millions of coins worth of DQ items right now (which you should sell RIGHT NOW before the patch).
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do you honestly believe that people would not complain no matter what PW would try to do to try to control the inflation? PW will have to create a money sink that affects everyone, which means, people will complain. The lowering of the DQ sale price is just a money sink. People have been asking PW for about an year for a good coin sink... well, PW found one.

And can you just see the posts if PW said "we are removing the ability to trade gold in-game"?

Of course people will complain no matter what PW does. However; they should take the option that ticks off the least amount of players. I don't think this is it. It is going to upset everyone who plays for different reasons. Cash shoppers won't be able to sell gold, because those who buy gold just had their income nerfed. Much like the real world economy. Imagine you are wal mart and tomorrows stock and your income depends on what I spend today. Well if I just got my hours cut back at my job and can not longer afford leisure things but only necessities who suffers? BOTH OF US! I spend less, you make less.

People would be irritated BUT... if they can still world chat and say HEY I need a gold hp charm pm me price.. then there is better control in the coin vs. gold issue. The price per gold should not be dependent on that stupid person I wanna punch in the face who bought up all the gold on HT and has put it at 440k.. when just 2 hours or so ago it was around 415k. That is greed at its finest. Like saying, ok well I'm about to not be able to make money off this so u can't have it either.

BTW... Coin sink? My husband is a barb and his usual repair bill after ANY instance (near lvl like rebirth delta) is around 70k. I'd say if he does that 10 times a day that is their coin sink.

I agree with this. Smack the cause of inflation in the face, not the players who just wanna play the game.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dq price will not reduce gold price 10m note hink hink ****
    perfect hammer , chest of coins hink hink ****
    other crpa items they will add in cs hink hink *****

cash shopper will be able to afford gold price whatever how high it is when other player will run in hh90 not having enough money to pay for hh99 gold mats with chips cause after doing 100 run and not dropping gold mats u end doing it that way ....
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
This discussion has been closed.