DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i concour it the dev at wanmei that mainly decide stuff pwi bought the right but wanmei still have say over. thing, pwi is the free version main one is pay to play.
    hence the expensive economy on pwi while that version is less
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is all I have to say: LOL Facepalm
    ed041ebd.gif

WAY TO FAIL PWE!!! I am a mild Cashopper, but the fact that people can't buy gold if they have no coins... LMMFAO. Thanks a lot, Devs. Go back to China.

me call your facepalm and raise you a kitty.
    Wake_up.gif

....oh noes bandwidth limit reached Q_Q
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    me call you're facepalm and raise you a kitty.
    Wake_up.gif

Gerbils are bad at posting pics b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    absurd and horrible if anything DQ prices at npc should be raised, way to make grinding even more horrible for people joining and lvling up
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hamsta, you brok your Photobucket! Kitty Must be Pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • symph
    symph Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is just wow, I really want to see logical reasoning to why they would do this. It seriously hurts the players who don't fork over a few hundred every few months. I don't see how doing this would make it more favorable to do Dragon Quests when BHs and CS already give way more experience and are so much less time consuming than Dragon quests. Not to mention they basically gave away most of what was worth working for from Dragon Quests as mounts in the shop or pity prizes from those ridiculous packs.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Zzz I remember when I used to go to Fish and farm for an hour to npc the DQ and drops to help fund my HP charm for an upcoming TW or for more grinding. If DQ's were nerfed back then, there would have been no way for me to do TW or enjoy the game which would have lead to me quitting. Granted I don't grind anymore, but I know there's some player's that do. No way to make ingame coins, no way to buy CS items. And pretty soon then big CSer's are going to quit, there are only so many alts they can make and gear they can buy, esp with the account stone, that way they don't need to buy 4 CV armor. Anyway bad decision..I hope they change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Are they purposely TRYING to make people quit now? Grinding and best luck tokens are where coins come from and they're going to remove the incentive from grinding. I'm not going to quit, personally, just stop all purchasing of zen so that I am still consuming bandwidth and resources.
    edited May 2010
    Hamsta, you brok your Photobucket! Kitty Must be Pro.

O gawd!
    the kitty be destroying me equipment!
    (>.<)

*raises facepalm with kitty facepalm*
    wakeup.gif
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rishiel
    rishiel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol undifferentiated destruction huh. Don't really care whether you lower the price or not as long as you increase the drop rate as compensation. ;p
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    Judging by their little note on the bottom, they already know what the responses are gonna be.

So why even bother considering it to begin with? b:lipcurl
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:cute chill guys, im sure gm wont go thru the changes else 80% of the sever will rage

just a quick thought... with less DQ does that means there will be less coins going around.... aka gold price will go down a bit b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    rishiel wrote: »
    lol undifferentiated destruction huh. Don't really care whether you lower the price or not as long as you increase the drop rate as compensation. ;p

that would be great. sort of stupid to increase drop rate and make them npc for less though. end result people still get about the same amount of money.

FYI GM's!!! players are not getting rich off of f ing DQ! they barely drop as it is and the higher level mobs, the less that drops. on my lvl 101 veno i average 50-75k/hour grinding. i usually grind enough to pay for daily stone. i seriously dont know wtfh your problem is with players trying to make a teeny tiny bit of in game coin.

anni packs caused 2/3 s of my fl s to quit. i see the other 1/3 quitting when they see this. GG at **** of a decent game. omw to look for a new game and going to make sure it isnt ran by PWE if this game is any example of how you do business.
    the good Starr
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lmao biggest /facepalm I had reading that part of the patch notes. EPIC FAIL.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If Devs are leading this game into the **** hole just so we can play one of their other ones...

Guess what?
    I will not play any other PWI made game ever!

People still enjoy this game you know.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    rishiel wrote: »

Players like the double-drop events.... then they complain about inflation... then PW talks about lowering the sell prices to offset inflation... then people complain about the lowering of the prices... then...

1. IF Pw does nothing, people will complain that PW is not doing anything to combat inflation
    2. IF PW does something like reduce the npc buy price, then people complain that now they will not be able to make as much money (which is exactly the purpose of this)

So, in the end, it really does not matter..... people will get upset no matter what.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited May 2010
    lmao biggest /facepalm I had reading that part of the patch notes. EPIC FAIL.
    *raises facepalm with kitty facepalm*
    wakeup.gif

kitty has bigger facepalms.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Players like the double-drop events.... than they complain about inflation... than PW talks about lowering the sell prices to offset inflation... than people complain about the lowering of the prices... than...

1. IF Pw does nothing, people will complain that PW is not doing anything to combat inflation
    2. IF PW does something like reduce the npc buy price, than people complain that now they will not be able to make as much money (which is exactly the purpose of this)

So, in the end, it really does not matter..... people will get upset no matter what.

Im thinking what hurt more was the TT drop rate of items. They could have had 2x drops out in the world and it wouldnt have hurt the economy so much...

But i agree its a dbl edge sword.
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is Bullsht really...
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This thread is hereby dubbed the official thread for talking about this issue. Please don't get too hot-headed in here, mk?

I'm also a tad upset by this...but remember, it's the dev's, not the GM's...don't give 'em too much hate, please?

b:cute

but isnt gm job to talk to dev ? since dev are in asia we cant talk directly to them
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Players like the double-drop events.... than they complain about inflation... than PW talks about lowering the sell prices to offset inflation... than people complain about the lowering of the prices... than...

2. IF PW does something like reduce the npc buy price, than people complain that now they will not be able to make as much money (which is exactly the purpose of this)

Then*

Sorry, pet peeve.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The DQ thing is pretty terrible. in theory it will widen the gap between cash shop and non-cash shop players. I'm curious to see this in action and the long term results of this.

I'm pretty damn annoyed at the ability to change your culti path too, although I don't think that change will be that extremely impacting on the gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLysander - Heavens Tear
    XLysander - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *holds in some rage so thread isnt locked*

Can't believe those bums are now actively trying to make us poorer...wasn't it enough that they already raised gold prices through the roof with all their crappy sales?

If anything DQ prices should be *raised* to balance the economy.
  • quoll69
    quoll69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    another predictable slap in the face for lower level players who can't make the money required to advance their characters without a hi level toon to subsidise them.
    No worries, why do you think we have the Boutique?
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Really now...

Why even do this to the players the PWI? When I say players I mean the average gamer, not the crazy cashshopper who charges thousands or the merchant that rolls around in money all day.

Decreasing the DQ sell rate is ridiculous considering how low their drop rate already is. This just makes the average guys life alot harder to make money.

I know people will say to go merchant. But, honestly if everyone did that who would bring in the cold hard cash?

Please PWI dev's keep the sell rate the same as before to allow the average guy to have a shot at keeping up with the CSer's and merchants. b:cry
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. Seriously.

I'm in a state of awe currently. This is severely disappointing. >.>
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    They probably are doing this to attempt to make DQ quests a more favorable leveling option. The problem is with bh and all the other dailys plus frost covered and hyper exp...no one will EVER do dq quests to level even if the items are reduced in cost by 80%... Also the main rewards people went after with dragon quests are now in the boutique, thus killing that interest. If anything they should also permanently double the droprate of dq items. Thus insanely reducing the cost of doing DQ quests, and helping out normal players make 60% more income from dq items than we currently do. What they are doing now is just skrewing over all the free players even more than we already have been skrewed over.

They are doing this in a lame attempt to control inflation. Yet another solution that doesnt understand the root of the problem. The extreme inflation start at the time of Anni packs.. from those damn 10k bank notes. You can trace posts i made from the 1st week of those saying i didnt even mind the gear so much but they REALLY need to remove those bank notes. Well they never did, inflation shot up, and they punish the grinders instead of the cash shoppers. Yet another way for PWE devs/marketters/executives (not GMs) to **** off their player base.
    Players like the double-drop events.... then they complain about inflation... then PW talks about lowering the sell prices to offset inflation... then people complain about the lowering of the prices... then...

2. IF PW does something like reduce the npc buy price, then people complain that now they will not be able to make as much money (which is exactly the purpose of this)

1. PW does nothing to combat inflation.
    2. PW does the WRONG thing to combat inflation.

Of course they are upset. Dont get me wrong, i am against more 2x events. But read my above paragraph, they need to do the correct thing to combat inflation, but just like the -Int issue, they come up with bandaid solutions which dont address the situation properly & punish all the wrong people. PWE shouldnt do something just for the sake of doing something, but they instead need to take the correct actions, such as removing Bank note rewards & stopping the 2x events.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Then*

Sorry, pet peeve.

Thank you. Post corrected :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. Seriously.

I'm in a state of awe currently. This is severely disappointing. >.>

WRONG!!! DEAD WRONG!! this is {THE} worst idea PWE has ever had! Words can not begin to describe the dissapointment this brings... R.I.P. PWE...
  • narquel
    narquel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Now, don't forget about what exactly began all economy problems. Jolly Jones. Later, Anni packs. Now, telling us it's DQ fault... I don't buy it. If they want to give us permanent, and not temporary solution for economy issues, they should learn how to run company without ruining the product. There's many business tactics out there and we all know that. You can make huge money in short time and nerf the game, or make it enjoyable and challenging even when your playerbase is on max level. They chosed first way, so now there's not much they can do, I think. Now, you can't say it's completely fault of 2x drops, because only DQ **** is selling for NPC value, and other stuff prices are made by players. So, nerfing DQ is just another fail, making poor players even more poor. Oracle and exp babies never grinded anyway, so...

What should players do? ZENZENZENmoarplox? After all, that's the impression you gave me, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.