lol HA wiz

Options
SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide
SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Wizard
yeah im going HA, cant wait for endgame, found a combo that gives me on level HA and on level mag armor. and the magic attack isnt too terribly gimped. as soon as i figure out how to post a pw-calc link in here ill show you guys so i can get feedback/advice.

inb4reroll,stat arcane, HA sux ect.

im aware this is not by any means a conventional build, but i like a challenge.

also, 25k pdef? yes plz
Post edited by SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not hating on HA wizzies by posting this, but pdef has diminishing returns at high levels, like 25k...
    I can see HA being a viable option (maybe) up to around 90 (maybe), but as an endgame option, I wouldn't really say it's maximizing a wizzie's capabilities.

But goodluck! Hope it works out for you.
  • SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not hating on HA wizzies by posting this, but pdef has diminishing returns at high levels, like 25k...
    I can see HA being a viable option (maybe) up to around 90 (maybe), but as an endgame option, I wouldn't really say it's maximizing a wizzie's capabilities.

But goodluck! Hope it works out for you.
    im looking at an 85% damage reduction. and as for the mdef, theres always the shields, not to mention mage star on a genie lol
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im looking at an 85% damage reduction. and as for the mdef, theres always the shields, not to mention mage star on a genie lol

the problem with your shield theory is that you can always just have 1 of the 3 shields so if an enemy is attacking with a different type of magic you would have to switch. So you cant have a magical defense for all 3 elements at the same time which an arcane robe simply would give. Of course when using earth barrier and HA physical attack classes hardly will make dmg since it doubles your already high phys def value from HA but i just dont see the benefit to boost something which is already high when you have to lose some other vital defenses at the same time to do so.

But water fire and earth def is not the real problem you should rather think about your Metal and Wood Resistance which would be awefully low as well. So i guess all your phys def wont save you from a venos wood or an archers Metal attacks so do you intend to make a pure barb/bm killer?

You should also take your skills mana consumption into account so even if you leave out vit totally your points left for mag will be low

gl i cant wait to see the screen with the stats and calculation
  • xarathos
    xarathos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    HA Wiz is a joke and if you're considering HA as endgame build you're fail lol unless you can refine your weap to +12.. and even at +12 a full mag wiz with lets say +6 weap will deal more dmg than you lol..

hf adding like 200 str.. b:shutup coz you ll need 212 str (i think its 212) for HA tt 90

wizzys are made to kill things.. well

i rly wanna see you at 9x with HA and QQing.. "omg omg i suck so much at pvp.. cant even kill a bm or barb coz i nearly can tick his charm" .. and archers 2hitting me with metal skills and venos.. are pain in the ****.. wizzys can 1hit me.. and psychics need 1 skill to tick my charm zomg zomg" /ragequitting
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

as HA wizard, you need to put more money into this game than any other class/AA wizard or LA wizard.
    As HA wizard you're basically going to be good for ... uhm ... let me think ... yeah, nothing.
    Your dmg will pretty much suck, it's going to take ages to bring down a mob. Solo questing is almost out of the question and your survival will still be close to null. All HA classes are having bonuses from vit and are using vit (except fist BMs), have control skill and basically DON'T RELY ON MANA TO KILL. Don't compare HA venos with HA wizards, veno's have Pets to do damage and also a lot of melee skills and melee mastery.
    That's from PvE side of the story.

From PvP side of the story, let's count who can kill you and how:
    - Other wizards - just 1 shot u, simple as that.
    - Other clerics - just 1 shot u with debuffed cyclone.
    - Archers - just 1 shot with metal skills.
    - Venos - 1-2 shot with wood.
    - Psy - 1-2 shot with any magic skill
    - Sin/BM/Barb - there u go, you'll stay alive a little but you're going to die in the end. Why? because they can do dmg , you can't, you don't have the control skill that come with LA/HA builds

In the end it's your choice what build to go with a build that makes basically no sense because you just want to be different. I've seen a wizard on Dreamweaver a while ago with Calamity Axes, so yeah, you're not the only one, but is a very exclusive club.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you can mix heavy and arcane at endgame to avoid the diminishing returns thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sounds fun. Beat the **** out of KunKun please (****er was a pain in the **** to kill on my wiz).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've seen a wizard on Dreamweaver a while ago with Calamity Axes, so yeah, you're not the only one, but is a very exclusive club.

Yeah, Club AWESOME!

I wanna see this projection. While I wouldn't encourage any Wizard to go HA, I would like to see one with my own eyes in the 60+ area at least. Personally, I'd never be able to make one without sighing every time I see him in the character selection screen. I can only imagine the process sucking away at your soul, little by little, in addition to the normal effects of this game.
  • unclebrown
    unclebrown Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Reach endgame

Get the highest possible HA gear

Then put stone barrier on

Get buffs from everyone

And WC that you have the most p.def in the world b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *thinks about bladedtalon lvl 100 demon HA wizard and laughs*
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From what I heard, on Myen they used to oracle wizzys up, equip them with refined HA, and turn them into suicide bommers with emberstrorm

In the realistic world, wizzys won't often fight other wizzys, in TW they have other targets. Archers, when they target a wizzy they'll just auto attack and expect it to drop in a few hits. Will probably take them a LOOONG time to figure out the reason they can't even scratch you with it. Nicely refined HA gear means you can survive alot, and our skils rely mostly on a constand and a weapon modifyer. NOT on normal attack, which is the thing that's gimped.

Also, you can refine your mag rings for the loss of mag def, and lose nothing from wearing mag def ornaments with -channel (actually, you need to wear mag def ornaments, might aswel get a nice load of -channel)

Gratz on this plan, and on the way of wearing up to date equips.
    Good luck
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that works first time, then everyone will figure out you're a HA wizzy.
    Expect debuffs and 1-2 shots after with metal skills from archers. Having a 2.5-3k metal def to stand up against a Thunder Shock+Lightning blast/Thunderous Blast from a +10 Lunar bow will not bode well, regardless of how much HP you have.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It might work since most damage is based on the refine of your wep. As someone else said refine your mag rings a lot and mag def ornaments. And a highly refined weapon is a must.

Heck theres a heavy cleric on lost city with hh99 gold gear, and it works pretty well.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    please keep in mind cleric can buff himself for mdef/pdef/mattk. Wizard can do only pdef, so mdef and mattk will suck most of the time unless he has a cleric alt that can buff him every hour.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=65771b1fa1ae2272

something like this? I believe it could work :)
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

lol nearly same mag attack amount like my lv 80 pure int wiz with +3glaive lmao
    and i got 7k pdef as robe (fullbuffed tho) means you got like 6k more pdef
    only good thing is the hp.. but i think its also possible to reach that amount as AA

meh go buy an XS (calamity)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options

ok, here's the "real" variant of your build:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7aac871288788e59
    buffs on it are a mess as you set them.
    here is only self buff , like a wizard is 75% of the time spent in-game.
    5k-6k mattk at 100...lol. I have double that
    5.6k HP? I have 5.877 and not even trying too hard.
    Self buffed I have 7.4k pdef, your build has 8k. I have 15% crit, your build has 5. I'm sorry , but no, it's not working.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok, here's the "real" variant of your build:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7aac871288788e59
    buffs on it are a mess as you set them.
    here is only self buff , like a wizard is 75% of the time spent in-game.
    5k-6k mattk at 100...lol. I have double that
    5.6k HP? I have 5.877 and not even trying too hard.
    Self buffed I have 7.4k pdef, your build has 8k. I have 15% crit, your build has 5. I'm sorry , but no, it's not working.

You're probably right, I don't doubt it. That's just how I imagined an average geared HA wizard (and that the buffs was on I didn't notice, the green outline sometimes doesn't show here I sit). Sorry for sharing my opinions and giving OP's bizarre idea an actual face b:shutup

Kidding, couldn't care less tbh. The idea was interesting though.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *player info on bladedtalon* LOL ... i guess some barbs/bms wish they had such gear :P

but but fail? D:
    i like potato
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    leme just say if u want ha go ha but keep this faw things in mind..

if u want a tank dont go wiz cuz even as ha u wont be much of a tank

u will still die fast , u will have high p deff but low mag deff, which means archer magic skills will hurt u. veno will hurt u, cleric will hurt u , wiz wil hurt u, psy will hurt u, but im pretty sure u will be ok with a barb or sin (tho u wont be able to kill them in 1v1. u simply wont have the dmg for it)

and as for bm's most go fist so a fist bm will kill u even if ur HA they kill barbs with fist and not only they will have ur p deff, they will have x3 more hp then u do and when a bm use mag marrow u will do around 1k or less with gush or pyro

we have a HA wiz on our server. he even got full lunar gear his a tank alright but he cant hurt. he got only about 5k hp so even good hp barbs can 1 shot him with arma crit and i can 1 shot him . and i do thats why he never 1v1 me anymore
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

u puted manifist virute as one of the buffs. even with that buff u will just have 7k magic dmg, and without it 6k thats pretty bad dmg . keep in mind manfist cd for 5 min and last 30 sec. u gonna need more then 30 sec to kill some1 as ha
    edited May 2010
    Options
    xarathos wrote: »
    HA Wiz is a joke and if you're considering HA as endgame build you're fail lol unless you can refine your weap to +12.. and even at +12 a full mag wiz with lets say +6 weap will deal more dmg than you lol..

hf adding like 200 str.. b:shutup coz you ll need 212 str (i think its 212) for HA tt 90

wizzys are made to kill things.. well

i rly wanna see you at 9x with HA and QQing.. "omg omg i suck so much at pvp.. cant even kill a bm or barb coz i nearly can tick his charm" .. and archers 2hitting me with metal skills and venos.. are pain in the ****.. wizzys can 1hit me.. and psychics need 1 skill to tick my charm zomg zomg" /ragequitting

main or GTFO
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From what I heard, on Myen they used to oracle wizzys up, equip them with refined HA, and turn them into suicide bommers with emberstrorm

In the realistic world, wizzys won't often fight other wizzys, in TW they have other targets. Archers, when they target a wizzy they'll just auto attack and expect it to drop in a few hits. Will probably take them a LOOONG time to figure out the reason they can't even scratch you with it. Nicely refined HA gear means you can survive alot, and our skils rely mostly on a constand and a weapon modifyer. NOT on normal attack, which is the thing that's gimped.

Also, you can refine your mag rings for the loss of mag def, and lose nothing from wearing mag def ornaments with -channel (actually, you need to wear mag def ornaments, might aswel get a nice load of -channel)

Gratz on this plan, and on the way of wearing up to date equips.
    Good luck

some of the stuff i was going for. and as for the m def, i do cash shop a bit, so ill either vit stone or saph shard. refines will def happen, at least +8, 10-12 if i think i should
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you can afford that kind of refine, to go HA is even more fail

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you're gonna build a heavy armor wizard, do it right b:sleep

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6ab46a262f07e2b3

-37% channeling, 15% crit (19% with demon masteries/crit arrow), 11k pdef with demon barrier, 6.2k mdef. Damage output is decent since most damage comes from skills/weapon rather than base matk, along with nice amount of crit/channeling. Survivability is high against melee classes. Kiting/elemental shell/channeling advantage cover wizards/clerics/psy's somewhat. Archers can still hurt but elemental shell also covers their only magic attacks, so you're not completely screwed. Phoenixes are still one or twoshots so veno's aren't impossible to deal with either, though they're probably the worst enemy along with other wizards and clerics.

Worth it? Probably not. Doable? Yes.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    first off, sorry for the necro, but i know some people wanted updates as i leveled.

im noticing a significant jump in my survivability in PVE, im lasting a lot longer than my pure mag wiz of the same level. as for the damage nerf, it isnt much to be honest, a couple of hundred lower than the AA wiz i have. ive done a couple of duels, and i have noticed that HP will be a huge factor in the 8x+ part of the game, but with refined magic ornaments and saph shards i should be fine. overall i am rather happy with my pure HA wiz atm, but i think i will go with AA sleeves and boots at 99. as for PKers knowing im HA, ive made it no secret, but like this thread, no one really takes me seriously. its ok though. that will make it easy for the high refines and suicide bombing. oh yeah, mage star is pretty damn useful. overall i am extremely happy with my armor choice, its been a hard road, but i dont regret it one bit, it deff isnt for everyone, but who knows, maybe my success will make some of you haters reconsider hating. ill post another update when i reach 8x.
  • Silent_Sin - Sanctuary
    Silent_Sin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    heyy guys, can someone tell me what's good for wizards in PK? LA or AA?

b:thanks
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5c6c7ddf44c2cbc9

bad? no
    Good? yes/no

Expensive? as hell

Pro's and con's

Pro: Massive HP and good defenses all around
    Con: decrease of magic attack

BUT.....as someone else said damage won't be gimped as much as you think. Since i changed from aquadash +6 to Rank 6 +10 my magic attack only went up by 1K, but my damage went up from 10K gush on mobs to around 13K with gush, where as the most damage difference was with sandstorm. It went from 13K per mob to 18K per mob.

So magic attack on weapon is more important then magic stat.

heyy guys, can someone tell me what's good for wizards in PK? LA or AA?

It's all in your build, not the armour. I love AA because i LOVE to one shot people. The ability to one shot people will go down with LA/HA.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LA is better than HA wizzie, but I'm more of a PVE type especially roles in squad, so I keep my wizard with high magic with vitality as much as minimum STR. Your wasting stat point on physical damage bonus which is obviously useless. You should of rolled a veno for that where they can get away with fox form.

Going HA wizard is like going pure MAG on venoes, which gimps you. Wrong build brother, sorry.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=76b2a87fb76ba9d9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ok guys enough hating on me, i dont tell you how to stat YOUR ****ing wizard do i?