Random Pet Peeves

Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
What are those little things that annoy you in PW? Mind you, we are not talking about the servers themselves, nor are we bashing the management.

Me, I can't stand it when people leave their mounts on crowded around one NPC. I know you can use shift, but it's still annoying and lags me terribly.
Also, I just left a squad who insisted on breaking squad, leaving the instance, and resquadding for every. Single. Boss. >_< It's just irritating for me, and we all had the same monsters to kill.

So. What are yours?
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Someone selling nice item for way more than it's worth. That has to be the worst thing.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Tideborn-City-thingy ...its ugly

people who report BH during a FB and ... FLY back
    i like potato
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sheep. Can't stand the stupid things.

Wait, you meant in game? People who attack me first and QQ when I kill them.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wc traffic
    it might aswell be titled the rich ppl channel as people seem to have conversation on it daily.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gold Pricing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bounty hunter in 3-3 b:cry
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People who can't tell the difference between "than" and "then" -__________-.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    All the idiots who go AFK while sitting on their aerogear/mount infront of the west arch banker, plus all the damn catshops around him too.

That's my only real pet peeve. Anything else is just my perfectionist side acting out <.<
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pet Peeves of my friend and I

1. Tank Archers (Who don't know how. at all.)
    2. Players who don't know their class.
    3. Venos who ask clerics to purify their pet.
    4. venos who ask you to heal their pet while you are battling and busy healing your own. When they don't need it.
    5. other classes asking you to heal their pet. (Yeah, the all class ones.)
    6. People wanting to trade you 2k and a mirage celestone for your Wings, fash, and mount.
    7.Idle people in west arch on their mounts of all types.
    8. Genies in Dungeon Race.
    9. venos who don't know how to luer.
    10. other classes who try and pull with their genie when a smart veno is present.
    11. Barbs who think they can takn the boss plus all the other mobs in the room.
    12. Players who don't know about heal aggro.
    13. venos who think that their rare pet is the best pet on the game.The rarer the better. (Excluding Herc and Nyx)
    14. Clerics who think buffing is a chore and people who ask need to be shot.
    15. Parties who want a squad buff but split directions when they ask.
    16. Clerics who want into your squad and tell you that you need them when really, it's the other way around.
    17. Clerics who don't heal the tank because the tank doesn't need healing because it's the tank. Obvsly.
    18. Venos who try and tank without their pet.
    19. Blademasters who pull the whole room of mobs and scream at the cleric for not healing.
    20. Barbs who try and tank in light armor that really, really can't.
    21. assassins who drag the whole group of mobs back to the cleric and squad before finally going invis.
    22. People who calim a veno is nothing without their pet. Even when you oneshot them with bugs. (yeah clerics are nothing without their heals but I don't hear that often.)
    23. Fellow venos in your guild constantly preaching that you need to get a herc/nyx
    24. Venos who have a herc and don't know how to use it.
    25. Venos who think that because they have a CS pet that you don't even get to pull yours out because they have more privilage.
    (Sorry my friend is a veno and really notices these things because then people look down on her.)
    26. Venos who think that because they have a CS it's your job to take care of their pet when you do a better job than they do with magic damage.
    27. Did I mention tank archers who don't know their class to begin with?
    28. Players who think that because it's not an FB boss that we don't need help and it will be easy.
    29. ... ok I need to stop, we have more, but will refrain.

I LIED

29. Players who tell you not to cry when you drop an item for being PKed then turn around and throw a hissy fit in WORLD CHAT that you STOLE their equips that they dropped for being PKed without dolls as a red name.
    30. Assassins who level up nothing but their invisibility skills and then try to use it to kill a mob. Complaining when they can't one-shot the thing with their level 1 twin strike.
    31. Anyone who thinks that their class is the best and therefor demands the cleric heal them over everyone and anyone including the tank.
    32. Anyone who runs back to the squad with all mobs in tow even when they know they are going to die.
    33. People who say they will help you with the mobs in the FB too when all they really want and stay for are the tabs.
    34. Players who tell you to stop attacking when you are trying to save the cleric from heal aggro.

I have more, I swear....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pet Peeves of my friend and I

Tank Archers

but...b:sad but....
    i like tanking fb's lower then me! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear
    KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    people who think a bh is some kind of race

the ones who scream that i stay with the cleric

the akf mount thing

archers who think its cool to die ( well thats fun they pull agro they die)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When I need one item that usually can be found pretty easily but I can't seem to find it or it's crazy overpriced.

Like when I was making Gx I only needed one more astral stone, I couldn't find any in west arch. I check the auction house, none in there. I finally find one and it's priced at 500k, about 5x the price I can usually find them at.

Random people when I'm trying to PK. I go to orchid Temple I get so many random people asking me to kill some random boss for them.

Secret passage is even worse, tons of random squad invites and people asking me to kill dismal/Quinzgi for them.

Having to rebuy a smily set every week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When people tell you what to do and how to do it every step of the way.
    I'm all for tips, and help, but people in squads don't need a damn guide book-it's called, LEARNING. For yourself.
    Unless it will harshly effect the entire squad of course.

EDIT:
    I have a great example.

Person whos FB I'm doing:
    Veno take out your pet now.

Me: ...Duh, I just got here.

Them: Send it to attack those mobs right there.

Me: e_o ....
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    but...b:sad but....
    i like tanking fb's lower then me! b:cry

The one I went with got us all killed twice. ): But I know how to fix it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When people tell you what to do and how to do it every step of the way.
    I'm all for tips, and help, but people in squads don't need a damn guide book-it's called, LEARNING. For yourself.
    Unless it will harshly effect the entire squad of course.

EDIT:
    I have a great example.

Person whos FB I'm doing:
    Veno take out your pet now.

Me: ...Duh, I just got here.

Them: Send it to attack those mobs right there.

Me: e_o ....
    Lol

I've had people to tell me to "keep aggro" on bosses.

Like, oh, I thought I was healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lolz. Watch this. I bet I can steal aggro from the tank.

*steals aggro and dies*
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People who can't tell the difference between "than" and "then" -__________-.

People who use double "quotation marks" when they really should be using single 'quotation marks' or Italics.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    -Hercs

-cleric in BH: "pet tanks" (i dont wanna heal)

-luring mobs 1 by 1 instead of aoeing :O

*logs in on mount @west arch banker ...afk bai*

edit..

whats the difference? than? then? whatever :P
    i like potato
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People who blame the cleric for something they did.

People who send out random friend invites just from looking at my char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lolz. Watch this. I bet I can steal aggro from the tank.

*steals aggro and dies*

Hehe, I do that almost exactly except I'll stealth it off before real harm takes place.b:surrender

..you should come to HT some time b:sin

And I hate ppl selling mounts that have same price in cs aswell as same speed, one way higher than others.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh I have another.

Those people who ask in a demanding way or, do demand that a veno in their party has a Hercules.

Telling you some things are impossible without one, acting like it's been there since the dawn of PW and other pets are completely useless.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh I have another.

Those people who ask in a demanding way or, do demand that a veno in their party has a Hercules.

Telling you some things are impossible without one, acting like it's been there since the dawn of PW and other pets are completely useless.

Lol, a veno in a 39 squad I was in got this once. She had a glacial walker her level, but one of the other members felt we'd insta-squad wipe if the glacial couldn't keep aggro and that the veno needed a herc. Cue the sad face smileys.
  • Dea_Tacita - Sanctuary
    Dea_Tacita - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. Alts who don't learn their new characters properly, thinking they already know all they need to and the rest isn't too hard. Also alts who brag about their mains/tell you their main is the same class as yours in BH and proceed to tell you how to play.

2. Questing/grinding in one small corner of a mass of the same mobs, and someone comes right up to you and kills everything near you, then wanders back off for more mobs. I have this happen a lot from psychics in particular.

3. The squad stoning in for BH then waiting for one or two people who are too cheap to pay 5 or 10k, making the rest of the squad wait 10-15 minutes as they fly all the way.

4. Magic shell.

5. Magic shell.

6. Magic shell.

7. Other cleric in squad who gives another cleric half hour buffs the moment they enter an instance (both have squad buffs). Also, magc shell.

8. People who don't wine their FB59+

9. People who should know better.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People who use double "quotation marks" when they really should be using single 'quotation marks' or Italics.

People who....

Okay I couldn't find anything wrong. Boo. b:chuckle

But magic shell buff. Needs to be fixed. Pretty pretty please.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. AFK people on their mounts next to NPCs
    2. People using world, horn and common chats as a trade channel
    3. Spamming for any reason... it will NOT get results any faster
    4. People asking for offers when buying or selling something. Set your own prices!
    5. People, when asking for offers, adding something like "no reply, too low". If you don't know what it's worth, how would you possibly know if an offer is too high or too low?
    6. People that don't pick up their drops. Unless you're being ganged up on by a lot of mobs and are unable to get to it, there's no excuse for not picking up your drops right away. If they become available to whoever grabs it first, it is no longer "yours".
    7. PvP on PvE servers
    8. On this forum, people who don't search before posting about something that has already been posted and answered at least once.
    9. People who think their way of playing a specific class is the "right" or "only" way you're supposed to play that class.
    10. People that blame others for their own mistakes (overaggroing, running off from the squad and getting killed, etc)
    11. Rubberbanding glitch, that the devs obviously REFUSE to fix
    12. People overpricing just about every buyable item in the game
    13. People that randomly send you squad or faction invites without saying anything first.
    14. Red system messages and horn chat messages cannot be toggled off
    15. People that think TT armor is a "must have" for all classes
    16. Very few quests added, if any, at each level
    17. People who think a veno must have a herc or phoenix to be a "good" veno
    18. People that think a class must have certain skills to be a good player
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. People who think certain skills in a class are absolutely mandatory, doesnt matter if there good at what they do

2. People who get absolutelu ragey at others over dieing if it was there fault (if I got get myself killed, I laugh cmon guys its a game :P)

3. People who think every veno must have a herc (you think I should have a herc? im willing to accept any donations kthanxbai b:thanks)

mental blank ._. im sure ill think of more later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    People who....

Okay I couldn't find anything wrong. Boo. b:chuckle

I actually put something in that post to criticize too. b:pleased
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Fist BMs with lots of -Interval gear and Zerk fists vs. TT bosses. >.>
    edited May 2010
    Fist BMs with lots of -Interval gear and Zerk fists vs. TT bosses. >.>

I can solo 3-1 without Bloodpaint. Venos shouldn't be allowed to have ALL the fun. b:pleased

But... Zerk fists? Eeewww...