How do u kill max interval?

Options
Noc - Harshlands
Noc - Harshlands Posts: 192 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
I was wondering what the higher lvl barbs do to kill max interval bms and sins. Specially now since it seems to be every bm and sin's goal to get.
I've seen a couple well geared lvl 100+ barbs get dropped in under 8 sec's by sin's and bms with max interval. How do we compete against that?
Post edited by Noc - Harshlands on

Comments

• Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Get max interval yourself and win on hpb:chuckle
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Have Absolute Domain, incase they catch you in Occult Ice, or else you're dead. Be Demon. Have Demon Roar, causes a BM to stop attacking or kill himself on you. If you're sage just run... and call for help. On the bright side, you will always have full chi using bestial rage vs a fist BM.

Use your own demon spark then your stun Immune skill, combo'd with occult Ice, thats about your only chance to get a kill 1v1, but You'll need a +10 GX or tt100 to get a kill. Even then it requires the BM getting cocky and tanking your demon spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Have Absolute Domain, incase they catch you in Occult Ice, or else you're dead. Be Demon. Have Demon Roar, causes a BM to stop attacking or kill himself on you. If you're sage just run... and call for help. On the bright side, you will always have full chi using bestial rage vs a fist BM.
    Lol, funny. But honestly true since PWI's PvP is completely ****ed up thnx to their greed. At least I'll get a good exercise running, but calling for help, no thanksb:chuckle
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options

Use your own demon spark then your stun Immune skill, combo'd with occult Ice, thats about your only chance to get a kill 1v1, but You'll need a +10 GX or tt100 to get a kill. Even then it requires the BM getting cocky and tanking your demon spark.

Very infomative, nice post.
    If any1 else has stradegy's they use plz post. Cause I have a feeling were gonna be dealing with alot of people with max interval in the future. More and more achieve it everyday, hopefully this thread can help people defeat it.
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Dude, sage mighty swing has less cooldown. Max interval in 1v1 is nothing if you just stun them. With sage mighty swing you can practically stun lock them.

Max interval bm's are only a threat when they have someone else with them to keep a barb stunlocked. They may eat through hp, but not fast enough to bypass a charm tick, unless the barb is dumb and lets them demon spark and have fun.

If the barb knows what your doing the only thing that scares you is arcane users, because of lower magic defense on heavy users.
  • unclebrown
    unclebrown Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Create an oppurtuninty(or wait for the right time) and arma that **** b:victory
  • Noc - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Every1 keeps talking about bms, but sins are even more dangerous with max interval.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Every1 keeps talking about bms, but sins are even more dangerous with max interval.

Sins aren't Heavy Armored so our hits do more dmg to them than BMs.. so killing a BM with max interval requires more effort than a Sin..

With fist/dagger users you can just use demon roar to reflect the p attack and use their own attacks to get through their charms.. If the Sin tries to run then u can stun him (with swing or occult ice) and use flesh ream n make him bleed, or if u've sunder then even better..

If you don't have demon roar then u can invoke and beastial rage and tank their hits while u build chi again to sunder or arma (after bypassing their charm ofcourse)..

Hope this helped..b:victory
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here is a idea, do like some (probably the ones that have max interval)

Spend all of your pay checks and max out all of your credit cards!

Buy all the event gear and fill it all with +10 vit stones and refine it to +10-+12 get max interval and go **** face, pwn'em all! b:laugh

.... I know I might sound like a **** hole but its about the only way you'll win .... b:sad

Depending on how good their gear is though you could win, but it depends on your skill as a barb and how much $$ they spent on their gear.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • CookieCutter - Raging Tide
    CookieCutter - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Does demon roar really work in PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    As someone mentioned, sins are "killable" for regular barb (non-fist). They can kill fast if you're unaware or unprepared; but with violent triumph and mighty swing, you can kill sins just as fast, so it's a matter of well-timed use of skills.

Fist bm's are a nightmare for barbs. The biggest problem isn't tanking the damage, it's killing the BM. With marrow and pdef buff, you won't have much of a chance to bypass their charm unless you pop accuracy pots and +10 a zerk weapon. I don't know how demon roar works in PvP, but I find demon barbs have a chance vs fist BM's because the match is more about offence than defence. Barbs have many ways to survive the max-interval fist bm's, but that won't get you anywhere if you can't kill the BM anyways.

It sucks, but the best way to kill a bm is..go fist yourself. That, or cash shop your barb to oblivion.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I used it once or twice and it didn't work. Dx
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    invoke, beastial rage to build chi sage spark and just keep stunning and hope you have a bad **** weapon to kill a bm who has enough money to get max interval lol. alternatively call in a veno with two sparks for hood, and watch the bm/sin kill themselves instantly :D
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Run like a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck when you see demon spark.

Like others have siad, the problem isn't surviving, it's killing the BM. Use devour, anti stun skill, triple spark, and then occult ice. If occult ice procs or the BM tries to tank your triple spark then you can kill the BM. Just don't get cocky and try to tank the BM when he triple sparks, you can't unless you use invoke, and I'd rather kite than invoke, most BMs these days if you use invoke to tank their triple spark will have enough chi by the end of the spark to recast triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol my friend got into room 14 in cube once. Saw a bm there. Asked him if she could buy do-alls from him. Apparently bm had other ideas, decided to atk & sparked. b:chuckle She demon roared b:chuckle Guess who passed that room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I was dueling a lv. 100 sin the other day and I used alpha male level 10 on my genie, he practically killed himself instantly it was hilarious!

Duel some of your assassin friends and try out alpha male, devour, and Frighten (if lv. 10+) so that you don't get killed to bad.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used it once or twice and it didn't work. Dx

sigh.. just when i thought that finally an average barb might have a chance against a good fist bm attack..

oh n idk if sins carry any anti-bleed skills but killing them with a stun-beastial onslaught-sunder has worked for me for awhile.. some even died mid air when they went invisible coz of the bleed stack.. but again, i am not sure whether they were good or bad players b:surrender
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Demon roar does not work outside of pve,TW and duels. It works in the same places as a reflect buff from veno's does. Since its basically the same thing. If it did work in pvp fist bm's wouldn't be a problem.

To thread starter. If the fist bm cant kill u gain chi off there super low damage that there doing using bestial rage.(DEFENSE STONES IN GEAR REALLY COME IN HANDY HERE). Get lvl 100 debuff skill once it proc's drop tree perdition. If that doesn't work....
    Your facked.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Demon roar does not work outside of pve,TW and duels. It works in the same places as a reflect buff from veno's does. Since its basically the same thing. If it did work in pvp fist bm's wouldn't be a problem.

To thread starter. If the fist bm cant kill u gain chi off there super low damage that there doing using bestial rage.(DEFENSE STONES IN GEAR REALLY COME IN HANDY HERE). Get lvl 100 debuff skill once it proc's drop tree perdition. If that doesn't work....
    Your facked.
    Just as I thought. Venos QQ would have been all over the place if it did.
    p.s what kind of barb would put def stones in gear, the **?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if u land a hit on a BM usually you can 1 shot a BM, depending on your HP tho, i have hit 11k on a BM before and 1 shotted him lol thats just zerk tho no crit. if your really crazy you can triple spark then use spark pot then ToP then Armageddon that would true destroy them lol (if it lands) b:pleased
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if u land a hit on a BM usually you can 1 shot a BM, depending on your HP tho, i have hit 11k on a BM before and 1 shotted him lol thats just zerk tho no crit. if your really crazy you can triple spark then use spark pot then ToP then Armageddon that would true destroy them lol (if it lands) b:pleased

o.O Wth are you talking about..... Arma dmg depends on hp/mp only & skill lvl.... you can spark all you want... you wont get ****......

super low damage
    Urgh... Are the bms you going against have +1 weaps?
    if u land a hit on a BM usually you can 1 shot a BM, depending on your HP tho, i have hit 11k on a BM before and 1 shotted him lol thats just zerk tho no crit.
    Are you sure the bm didnt have a marrow for mgk def on.... ?
    Whats your hp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options

Your entire statement is now void.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your entire statement is now void.

It's like barbs that keep saying sage is pwsome since u do more dmg with arma since u have more hp b:chuckle (they forget the "in tiger" part)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Reflect only works in duels and TW and other stuff like that.

I'd say once the BM or SIN loses their triple sparks they are a lot worse off.

With invoke and Solid shield i can do a good job of tanking +10 TT100 5 atk per second 2x Garnet fists, but its hard to kill them back. Either demon spark and combo, and hope for good stuns, or get them down to 1/2 health and bestial armageddon to bypass charm. But yes when they demon spark its probably smart for you to step back, b/c of dmg, and b/c you don't want them building up chi on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    o.O Wth are you talking about..... Arma dmg depends on hp/mp only & skill lvl.... you can spark all you want... you wont get ****......

right i was half asleep when i said that lol
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Reflect only works in duels and TW and other stuff like that.

I'd say once the BM or SIN loses their triple sparks they are a lot worse off.

With invoke and Solid shield i can do a good job of tanking +10 TT100 5 atk per second 2x Garnet fists, but its hard to kill them back. Either demon spark and combo, and hope for good stuns, or get them down to 1/2 health and bestial armageddon to bypass charm. But yes when they demon spark its probably smart for you to step back, b/c of dmg, and b/c you don't want them building up chi on you.
    Indeedb:thanks
    right i was half asleep when i said that lol
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • ineverl0se
    ineverl0se Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think sins would be harder to kill due to the evasion they have and i would know because I am a sin and haven't fought a barb or bm my lvl that could kill me because they miss so much, and because accuracy and crit, b:laugh.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Urgh... Are the bms you going against have +1 weaps?

Are you sure the bm didnt have a marrow for mgk def on.... ?
    Whats your hp?

Explain why arma is never a constant damage on the same mobs same debuffs or absense of debuffs then.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My theory as a barb is beastial rage and start biting away, 5 aps can make you gain spark easy.

beatial rage > invoke > spark burst > devour (p.def debuff must be active) > human form > mighty swing (must be able to stun, go back in tiger form and kite if stun fails) > Beastial onslaught > Armageddon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not sure whether I should call it a necro... But a nice dig b:laugh Almost forgot that this thread existed