Options
2»

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ineverl0se wrote: »
    I think sins would be harder to kill due to the evasion they have and i would know because I am a sin and haven't fought a barb or bm my lvl that could kill me because they miss so much, and because accuracy and crit, b:laugh.
    Cool necro bro.

Also, mistys + accurcy shards, that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cool necro bro.

Also, mistys + accurcy shards, that is all.

True story. b:laugh
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wouldnt phy debuff and armageddon kill fist bm?b:shutup
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you have zerk weapons and arma didn't miss...probably. The problem is evasion. If you have to use Blood Bath to get around a BMs evasion % then you just nerfed arma. :/

Either way they die
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like changing back and forth from tiger to human. I'll stun them with might swing, then change to tiger to use frighten and devour, reducing both their physical defense and damage. I'll go back to stand up, stun them with mighty swing and then Beastial Onsalught. Sometimes the max intervals don't have as much hitpoints or defenses needed.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just use bramble rage and hope for a crit. Chances are they will be using physical marrow against you so their mdef will be ****. Maybe finish them off with an arma.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like changing back and forth from tiger to human. I'll stun them with might swing, then change to tiger to use frighten and devour, reducing both their physical defense and damage. I'll go back to stand up, stun them with mighty swing and then Beastial Onsalught. Sometimes the max intervals don't have as much hitpoints or defenses needed.

And the BM just stands there giving you time to change forms back and forth? b:shocked

Use VT to avoid the first stun. If the BM 3 sparks then avoid tanking his hits, don't try invoking (wastage of 2 sparks). Once 3rd spark wears off, Beastial Rage, stand up, Demon Mighty Swing (when his stun wears off), Demon B.O, Bramble Rage + Armageddon. If he's still not dead then get ready to click on "go to town" (VT on cool down, no stamina on genie and half health/charm ticked + no spark b:bye )

Caution: only works with +6 or more zerk axes b:cry
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have the HP (kinda) in pk to stand toe to toe with 5aps claws, with stuns and occult ice etc. I found what works for me is getting the claw/fist user as close to 1/2 hp as possible, taking the damage, then use ToP and arma. You would be surprised how many bm have around 5k hp when you arma, least on HT (75% have no barb buff).

Alot of bm are stupid in the fact they just normal hit and spark, they hit fast enough to use sutra inbetween too.

Sins, thats a different story lol. I have 23k hp in kitty and was in pk. A sin jumped outta hiding and killed me with 1 charm tick on me lol. Nirvana Sac Assault daggers b:shocked
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd avoid arma against BM's, because they're always beating away on you, so it's hard to time your HP being full and timing their HP at 50%. Arma takes about 2 seconds to pull off. Against a 5aps BM, pressing arma at full health is a mistake - you'd have to use it 2 secs before your charm ticks, and hope that their charm is about to tick as well =/

Plus, their high phys defence nerfs the damage a lot. If BM's see an arma coming, they can spark or resist the damage, and now you just used 50% of your hp and mp for nothing b:surrender Against HA, this skill has too must of a cost versus the slim chance of killing a single target.

Though if you manage to time everything right and the BM is not very bright, I suppose arma would work.

I still think going fist barb is easiest way to beat BM's. It's a huge investment though, but it's worth if you plan to farm your own instances as well.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hate to break it to you guys, but unless you are as insane a cash shopper as your 5.0 APS opponent, you will get *****.

But is this a surprise? Cash shoppers usually get the edge, fight fire with fire if you want a chance.

Not to mention if the cash shopping nub has even an inch of skill, you are ****ed. Interval builds broke this game in half.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hate to break it to you guys, but unless you are as insane a cash shopper as your 5.0 APS opponent, you will get *****.

But is this a surprise? Cash shoppers usually get the edge, fight fire with fire if you want a chance.

Not to mention if the cash shopping nub has even an inch of skill, you are ****ed. Interval builds broke this game in half.

A lot of things broke the game.... Best thing to do is insane cash shop yourself if you want to PVP against a 5.0 char, and do it the right way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

Quoted for truth.

But I've seen that not every -interval fist BM goes around with 10k HP. Most of them aren't hard cash shoppers. They simply farm to get those ornaments and armor and just refine their armor to +4 or +5. Against such BMs you do have a chance. They have 5k or 6k HP at max. When their stuns don't work and you can still stun them, that's when their fists stop working. I've seen fist BMs one shotted with sleep -> BT -> another skill by wizs. Of course, this works if the BM isn't near you (usually in world PvP when the wizs maintain distance).

Arma sure is risky but Bramble Rage usually gets their charm ticked. One of my veno friends critted on a lvl 99 BM and one shot him with that. The 99 BM was moderately geared and was axe build. With the Demon B.O it gets easier for us to crit and a zerk crit with Rage will probably rip through his charm.

It might be prejudice speaking but I love my arma especially with the crit bonus. Other than Demon B.O it's the single most effective PvP skill we've.

Question for lvl 100+ demon barbs: How does Demon Sunder + Ancestral Rage work? It should always crit and land and 200% base damage. So it must be quite deadly.
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What about Violent Triumph 10 secs should be all we need to end someone....normally i used it in a few pvps and Bms tend to go down when they can't stun your ****. Maybe i have been just lucky that i have gotten it off at the begining of the match perhaps in a real pk application it doesn't have much effect.....Anyone have ideas on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VT only takes care of their stuns, the 3.33 aps BMs hardly use stuns anymore. They just swing away. So always better to stun those annoying hands and take them out before the stun wears down or use another stun to get bonus time. As I said, not many BMs go around with unreasonable amounts of HP. BMs strength is still the stuns(while ours is still our HP), if you can't be stunned then you can either avoid the attacks or counter-stun.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VT only takes care of their stuns, the 3.33 aps BMs hardly use stuns anymore. They just swing away. So always better to stun those annoying hands and take them out before the stun wears down or use another stun to get bonus time. As I said, not many BMs go around with unreasonable amounts of HP. BMs strength is still the stuns(while ours is still our HP), if you can't be stunned then you can either avoid the attacks or counter-stun.

Thank god for sage Mighty Swing. The -1 sec cooldown allows for almost continuous MS spamming.

On one BM, I managed to MS/PA/MS/PA til I killed his charm. xD

Either way they die
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well. Against 5.0 ppl there's lots u can do. For starters. Dew of star protection. Keep them around stack up on them they do not cost that much. Then there's solid shield Hit when they triple spark and run or either kill them before they kill you. Or u could be a defensive freak and get expel on your genie as a barb. Me personally i am a fan of p-def. Its 20 times more useful then m-def now. And i stack it meaning i wear pdef ornements.

Since things like TE/oxygen bubble and dew pots and magic charms are around. Which i spam when the rare occasion of fighting a magic user that gets more then 3-4 hits off comes along. Having 3k m-def vs. 5k doesn't make that much of a difference when it comes to magic. Bottom line dont put magic defense shards in your gear. High vit and good pdef will get u thru what seems to be taking over the game. 5.0 peeps...