PK drops

Jason - Harshlands
Jason - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
i think PWI need to put timer on pk drops im geting **** off of killing someone and not get the drop QQing coz i not got one pk drop i had good sht dropb:angry
Post edited by Jason - Harshlands on

Comments

• Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i think PWI need to put timer on pk drops
    Safety lock?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Safety lock?

You missed the point. You could PK a bloodred and have their weapon drop, then lose it because you're a ranged class and a bluename next to the player picked it up before you got there.

I agree with you, timer on PK drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, PvP loot should have a timer like mob drops.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Censoring this for the mods...o.O
    i think PWI need to put timer on pk drops im geting ****** off of killing someone and not get the drop QQing coz i not got one pk drop i had good *** dropb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • oliedaking
    oliedaking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    full support
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sure why not a timer , but lets be honest the only ppl that will drop stuff in pk are either not very bright or not very rich. To get anything of value off of pk is rare. GA's are cheap and binding is even cheaper. Besides ... as a cleric you should be used to no drops.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hi.
    Expressing opposition here.
    Imho free drops works just fine ~ the fact that you land the killing blow on another player shouldn't dictate whether his drops are yours or not.
    Makes the game more interesting in numerous ways.

As for ranged classes, I understand how this can be unfair. But hey, keep in mind you can also kill the person trying to go for your drops at a range. 'less they're a barb xD

Works just like another great online game b:shutup.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Timer makes sense. If you're going through all the efforts of killing someone, a complete stranger shouldn't be allowed to walk up and take the drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Hi.
    Expressing opposition here.
    Imho free drops works just fine ~ the fact that you land the killing blow on another player shouldn't dictate whether his drops are yours or not.
    Makes the game more interesting in numerous ways.

As for ranged classes, I understand how this can be unfair. But hey, keep in mind you can also kill the person trying to go for your drops at a range. 'less they're a barb xD

Works just like another great online game b:shutup.

Except Blue Names can pick them up too. Which is the biggest complaint I've ever noticed. I don't PK myself...but I can imagine the frustration of having something really nice drop and some level 1x happens along and scoops it up first. b:angry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Full support, there should be a timer allowing only the person that killed you or someone in their squad to pick up your drops. An addition to this would also be making it so blue names can't pick up pk drops. period.

But... this doesn't affect PWI's cashflow in any way, so I doubt it will be implemented.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not the smartest of ideas. Dang, if a blue name gets it, it can be entertainingb:pleased

Lets say there is a timer... I get pked right next to town. I drop awesomeness, hit 'release corpse' asap, heal up, use some speed spells, get to the area and pick up the item I dropped. What then? Then you will make a thread saying PK drops need a timer on them and only the killer can pick it up (because what if somebody from the killer's squad pick it up and steal it?!b:shocked)

So.. no...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Not the smartest of ideas. Dang, if a blue name gets it, it can be entertainingb:pleased

Lets say there is a timer... I get pked right next to town. I drop awesomeness, hit 'release corpse' asap, heal up, use some speed spells, get to the area and pick up the item I dropped. What then? Then you will make a thread saying PK drops need a timer on them and only the killer can pick it up (because what if somebody from the killer's squad pick it up and steal it?!b:shocked)

So.. no...

Um...what? We're saying the killer/the squad the killer is in gets first shot at the items, not the person PKed. What are you talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PK drops need a timer on them and only the killer can pick it up (because what if somebody from the killer's squad pick it up and steal it?!b:shocked)

Which, if you read the thread, is what this thread is asking for.

Also, I agree with the OP. I'd be pissed if some random person took my drops after I worked hard to kill someone.

Edit: I can type in an obnoxious color too.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    he is talking nonsense ... the thing he said will atleast take 1 min to get done by which any person can come and pick the stuff up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • XMorty - Lost City
    XMorty - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Agreed, all they would have to do is copy the mechanics from Mob drops timer, and create a new one for pk drops from players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    he is talking nonsense ... the thing he said will atleast take 1 min to get done by which any person can come and pick the stuff up

Lies.

Even I know that a proper victory dance around the drop takes at least a minute and a half. b:scorn
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fully support it annoys the hell out of me.
    but notice if someone shatters the mirages are yours only but if someone drops items, the blue names get it? lol b:angry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I killed someone the other day who dropped a misty ring and some blue name took it Q_Q

I agree, this isn't the first thread I remember seeingn on this, doubt it will ever get implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lies.

Even I know that a proper victory dance around the drop takes at least a minute and a half. b:scorn

You're doing it wrong. The dancing comes after the looting of the corpse.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I agree BUT only if they implement a system where if the killers level is X amount more than the victim nothing drops.

Nothing worse than high level n00bs farming newbs for drops
    edited May 2010
    Lies.

You're doing it wrong. The dancing comes after the looting of the corpse.

PvE server nubs don't know ****. The dancing begins once all enemies are dead and only ends when every body decomposes. Then, and only then, may you grab the loot.

Appropriate QQ procedures must be followed if someone takes the loot before you finish dancing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    PvE server nubs don't know ****. The dancing begins once all enemies are dead and only ends when every body decomposes. Then, and only then, may you grab the loot.

Appropriate QQ procedures must be followed if someone takes the loot before you finish dancing.

Isnt Dreamweaver a PvE server .. nub b:chuckle

Dont think your the only player with chars on PvE and PvP servers
    edited May 2010
    Isnt Dreamweaver a PvE server .. nub b:chuckle

Dont think your the only player with chars on PvE and PvP servers

My post was a joke. Did you read the rest of it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    edited May 2010
    My post was a joke. Did you read the rest of it?

Im sorry .. my sarcasm meter is a bit off tonight b:cute
    edited May 2010
    Im sorry .. my sarcasm meter is a bit off tonight b:cute

It's not sarcasm; it's...I'm really not sure what the hell it is. o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes we really need to make it easier for vultures to have a good time being vultures in the game.

b:pleased
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes we really need to make it easier for vultures to have a good time being vultures in the game.

b:pleased

Did you... actually read the post? At all?

This would help deter vultures given the fact they can't actually swoop in on your drops the instant you kill somebody who happens to drop stuff. Hence, they aren't having an easier job of being vultures, nor are having more of a good time.

Learn to read.

Moving along, I second this idea. It's a shame it's probably never going to be implemented, but eh. We can all hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hm, I still stand by my opinion.
    Something drops on the ground, it should be up for grabs for everyone.

Say I do 90% damage on someone then some random sin de-stealths and finishes my target.
    So it's fair that the sin gets the drops?
    Now what? Want to ask for a system where the timer goes to the one who deals majority damage?

I mean look at how that one game with amazons, barbarians, sorceresses, necromancers, assassins, druids, and paladins did it. It was one of the most successful online games and all drops went to whoever picked it up first. This system just makes sense to me.

But to make a system like this work for PWI, I think the best way to go about doing things is this:
    No timers on drops, but since blue names can't pk or be pked, they shouldn't be able to pick up pk drops.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Did you... actually read the post? At all?

This would help deter vultures given the fact they can't actually swoop in on your drops the instant you kill somebody who happens to drop stuff. Hence, they aren't having an easier job of being vultures, nor are having more of a good time.

Learn to read.

Moving along, I second this idea. It's a shame it's probably never going to be implemented, but eh. We can all hope.

LOL u ain't mad is u? Don't worry your mom learned me some reading last night. She can learn u some reading too if you give her what she wants.

So I read the OP and you know what I saw? A vulture qq'ng coz he can't benefit from his vulture activities.

So I read ur post and you know what I saw? I saw vulture jr. flaming and trolling me

b:bye
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    LOL u ain't mad is u? Don't worry your mom learned me some reading last night. She can learn u some reading too if you give her what she wants.

So I read the OP and you know what I saw? A vulture qq'ng coz he can't benefit from his vulture activities.

So I read ur post and you know what I saw? I saw vulture jr. flaming and trolling me

b:bye

I think you'll have to, you know, actually explain your point here. Because to me, a vulture is someone who steals the drops of a person that they didn't kill. This system would keep people from being able to do that, therefore vultures would no longer exist. Do you have some other definition of vulture or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]