defeating a barb/bm 2.0

Options
_I_eat_fish_ - Sanctuary
_I_eat_fish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
i know there was earlier discussion on this but i think that we need to revisit this since people swayed off topic

what is your combination at defeating a bm with 15k+hp 20k pdef? or a barb with 20k+hp and 20k pdef?

taking into account genie skills, charms, apo, sparks, w/e :D even other people helping because in TW its never 1v1 :)

thanks in advance~!

and dont say skip them :( thats no fun!
Post edited by _I_eat_fish_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Skip them :D
  • SaphireDemon - Lost City
    SaphireDemon - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bm with 15k+hp 20k pdef

if he has 20k phy def then he is probly using marrow
    so use Bramble Rage ^^
    barb with 20k+hp and 20k pdef

Gank him
    Angel BEGONE!! b:angry

The Devil has my ear today b:pleased
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    best way to kill a barb i've posted over and over again....

death toxin (apoth pot) =>2 spark (3 if you have it) => wolf emblem => maze steps => inner harmony => tackling slash and tangling mire (genie) => powerdash => relentless courage (genie) => normal swing till it dies. if it doesnt die, stealth you arent killing it.

you could also try (with chill of the deep up) single spark spark (if you're 89+) => maze steps => wolf emblem =>power dash => inner harmony => subsea strike => bramble rage (genie)

This one is more for killing a group of people close together. you could get a barbs charm to tick then try it though.

also you could try to stun lock them long enough using this:

double spark(99 chi left), inner harmony (299 chi), shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), slipstream strike, rib strike, twin strike, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up),tackling slash, throatcut.

add in bramble rage when the barbs HP gets low before he charm can recover to finish him off.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mine's about the same as Trawne's but with slightly different order.

Spark>Inner>Emblem>Maze>Tackling>Mire>Dash>normal.

You get a couple more seconds out of Maze this way, since it's already pretty short after getting use to BM's Will of B.
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i just demon spark and they die. sometimes i throw in an extreme poison.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Barb: miss miss miss miss miss miss fap oww. tackling slash, sprint back 10 meters, pull bow, tick, tick, WTF stop ticking my charm you fail sin, pull dagger, sleep, wait, tackling slash, pew pew, tick, tick, die of laughter. WTF noob *continues ticking charm till barb goes away*
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Barb: miss miss miss miss miss miss fap oww. tackling slash, sprint back 10 meters, pull bow, tick, tick, WTF stop ticking my charm you fail sin, pull dagger, sleep, wait, tackling slash, pew pew, tick, tick, die of laughter. WTF noob *continues ticking charm till barb goes away*

OMFG HAHAHAHAH i never thought to do that.

Today's goal: **** off a barb by ticking his charm repeatedly
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL @ sneakret xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    or the barb can grow a brain and use his 79 skill

...wtf happend to red txt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    or the barb can grow a brain and use his 79 skill

...wtf happend to red txt

hey booj :)

just wanted to point out that in the combo i use the barb doesn't know he's about to get paralyzed since i'm in stealth and your 79 skill wont remove already existing effects. there are still a few ways to stop me but only one doesn't involve a genie skill for a barb. without counting on apoth pots or genie (and providing i can actually get through all that HP you have) you would have to turtle. once turtle wears off i've blown all my damage skills in that 10 second window so i'm going to have to stealth and try again in 90 seconds. since CD on turtle is 60 seconds, i pretty much have to find a new target, unless you stand there not getting chi b:chuckle
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:laugh@ this post ok 1vs1 nvr been killed by either of the new class especially charm btw sage barb ftw >
    beastial onsaulaught sage skill nvr misses also drops evade by 50% also sage mighty swing (barbs stun skill) nvr misses idc how much evade u got or what combos u got 2-3 hits ur done from 9x barb with gx ive personally oneshot several 8x sin i actually have more trouble with the pure arcane psys than sins lololb:bye
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    also you could try to stun lock them long enough using this:

double spark(99 chi left), inner harmony (299 chi), shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), slipstream strike, rib strike, twin strike, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up),tackling slash, throatcut.

What level headhunt do you have to keep them stunlocked from slipstream to occult ice? I've only got 3.4 seconds so far, so I have a modified version of your combo to compensate for the shorter stuns.

shadow teleport, tackling slash, throatcut, rising dragon, headhunt, puncture (find it more useful than slipstream or twin strike), deep sting, inner harmony, occult ice

Great thing about this combo is that I've got a five second sleep to reassess my attack and either decide to keep going or shadow escape. If I do decide to keep going (supposing they're still alive XD) I've got a little over two sparks which I use for a double sparked rib strike, earthen rift, then normal attacks until I have enough chi for throatcut. And if anything survives that.. b:surrender

Thinking of trying the magic damage apoth pots you recommended after earthen rift, which would completely destroy BMs that marrow. Really need to wait for interval gear tho before I'll be altogether confident that I can take down heavies lol
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What level headhunt do you have to keep them stunlocked from slipstream to occult ice? I've only got 3.4 seconds so far, so I have a modified version of your combo to compensate for the shorter stuns.

shadow teleport, tackling slash, throatcut, rising dragon, headhunt, puncture (find it more useful than slipstream or twin strike), deep sting, inner harmony, occult ice

Great thing about this combo is that I've got a five second sleep to reassess my attack and either decide to keep going or shadow escape. If I do decide to keep going (supposing they're still alive XD) I've got a little over two sparks which I use for a double sparked rib strike, earthen rift, then normal attacks until I have enough chi for throatcut. And if anything survives that.. b:surrender

Thinking of trying the magic damage apoth pots you recommended after earthen rift, which would completely destroy BMs that marrow. Really need to wait for interval gear tho before I'll be altogether confident that I can take down heavies lol

interval is really key to defeating some HA users. my headhunt is 10. once you get to 8 you can do that combo. you can do it sooner too just pop occult ice a bit sooner.

b:laugh@ this post ok 1vs1 nvr been killed by either of the new class especially charm btw sage barb ftw >
    beastial onsaulaught sage skill nvr misses also drops evade by 50% also sage mighty swing (barbs stun skill) nvr misses idc how much evade u got or what combos u got 2-3 hits ur done from 9x barb with gx ive personally oneshot several 8x sin i actually have more trouble with the pure arcane psys than sins lololb:bye

i'm gona look for you and show you what sins can do :)
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

i drop barbs higher level than me all the time
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i drop barbs higher level than me all the time

i've been lookin for him but no luck yet. no worries he'll soon see why sins arent to laugh at b:laugh i've been killing 9x barbs/bm's since 78
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    try my fist barb i bet ur 1 shoot i dont miss u knew sin wtf ooh dead bodieb:shutupb:laugh
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:laugh idc look for me all you want only thing ive had sins do so far is run run run once they realize charmed barbs wont die like i said 1vs1 never been killed by either of the new classes b:victory sins are a joke realy yea they got all that crit but no power to back it up archers hit harder with crits than sins do on me all the time b:laugh ull change ur mind once u find out ur evade doesnt mean anything once its dropped by half with skills that have absolutley no chance at missing and ur stun locked half the time my stun is four seconds lond with 5 second cool down only 50% chance to stun but genie skills can make up for that easily especially occult ice lets see with stun and occult ice thats hmm well 10 seconds of u not moving and even if i use my bloodbath buff u still wont stand a chance to a barb with a charm just wont happen highest ive been hit for was 1.7k by a sin with slip stream + crit so hope u got some insanely csed gears and got around 8k hp to keep up cause i hit other heavy users for 800-1.5k non crit/zerk which means u guys get hit for 2.5-5k easy b:bye
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    try my fist barb i bet ur 1 shoot i dont miss u knew sin wtf ooh dead bodie

1: name your barb i'll happily kill it
    2: fist barbs cant 1 shot anything. fail more.

b:laugh idc look for me all you want only thing ive had sins do so far is run run run once they realize charmed barbs wont die like i said 1vs1 never been killed by either of the new classes b:victory sins are a joke realy yea they got all that crit but no power to back it up archers hit harder with crits than sins do on me all the time b:laugh ull change ur mind once u find out ur evade doesnt mean anything once its dropped by half with skills that have absolutley no chance at missing and ur stun locked half the time my stun is four seconds lond with 5 second cool down only 50% chance to stun but genie skills can make up for that easily especially occult ice lets see with stun and occult ice thats hmm well 10 seconds of u not moving and even if i use my bloodbath buff u still wont stand a chance to a barb with a charm just wont happen highest ive been hit for was 1.7k by a sin with slip stream + crit so hope u got some insanely csed gears and got around 8k hp to keep up cause i hit other heavy users for 800-1.5k non crit/zerk which means u guys get hit for 2.5-5k easy

unless you have 16k+ HP i can kill you even charmed.

of course archers normal hits do more damage than a sin. a sin has twice their attack speed.

demon barbs have a better chance to stunlock so...demon ftw?

you seem pretty smug for a barb that i never see in pvp. what happen? you pick up sage culti at 89 then realize you were wrong and now you try to find something you can still do in pvp? poor barb. don't worry, i hear you can fix that soon with a CS item.

i dont care about my evasion, i have 4.3k HP. i'm only level 86. my armor is level 60. my daggers are +6 frost. i kill barbs like you every day.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:laugh LMAO right there my avatar lolol jenovadeath on lost city server good luck catching me playing though only on for tw with guild anymore half the time xDb:bye
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:laugh LMAO right there my avatar lolol jenovadeath on lost city server good luck catching me playing though only on for tw with guild anymore half the time xDb:bye

exactly my point. you wont fight so why again are you posting?
  • ShadowStepz - Lost City
    ShadowStepz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

so stop trying to act tough if you dun got the ballz to fight trawne's sin **** and stop trollingb:bye
    Epic QQ is why I RPKb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiderBait_x - Lost City
    SpiderBait_x - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First @ Trawne, i dont know if you hav mentioned who your sin is at all b4 or you just keepin it unknown but if not.. who are u ? xP with the amount u say u pk i must of seen u im always at pk spots

And as a reply to the thread, with my current lvl i dont meet many charmed barbs/ bm's
    So genrally with full chi and bein in stealth maze steps > wolf emblem > double spark > Tackling slash (usin tangling mire at same time) > inner harmony or rising dragon strike > Headhunt > ( hit wind shield on genie to increase attack rate ) and dps till they drop

Not a great combo i know but its simple and effective, majority of time when they dont know you gonna attack like at west gate for example, when you come out of stealth alot of people panic and just fail at tryin to block in coming attack
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i've been lookin for him but no luck yet. no worries he'll soon see why sins arent to laugh at b:laugh i've been killing 9x barbs/bm's since 78

b:avoid
    Trawne you know what must be done...
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First @ Trawne, i dont know if you hav mentioned who your sin is at all b4 or you just keepin it unknown but if not.. who are u ? xP with the amount u say u pk i must of seen u im always at pk spots

And as a reply to the thread, with my current lvl i dont meet many charmed barbs/ bm's
    So genrally with full chi and bein in stealth maze steps > wolf emblem > double spark > Tackling slash (usin tangling mire at same time) > inner harmony or rising dragon strike > Headhunt > ( hit wind shield on genie to increase attack rate ) and dps till they drop

Not a great combo i know but its simple and effective, majority of time when they dont know you gonna attack like at west gate for example, when you come out of stealth alot of people panic and just fail at tryin to block in coming attack

my sin is Velox_Nex. i've mentioned it a few times before i just dont bother to swap avatars here but i dont hide him either. not like i could his entire gear set screams "Made by Trawne". i've seen you a couple times around. non-charmed barbs are pretty easy and the simplest combo's are always the best :) with a little interval gear skills become obsolete. i use 2spark > wolf emblem > inner harmony > maze steps > tackling slash > power dash > tangling mire >relentless courage on the really though ones

so stop trying to act tough if you dun got the ballz to fight trawne's sin **** and stop trolling

haha hey there. had some fun last night. couldnt believe i beat booj with my sin b:shocked he killed my wiz after i focused you though b:cry
    Trawne you know what must be done...
    xD

BOO! b:dirty if i ever see him it will be b:laugh
  • rodz88
    rodz88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well Trawne i agree with everyhting you say except the fact your only 86..you killed me outside whetstone other day while i was fighting red named BM..i looked your gear and thats all true...+6 85 dagger and 6x gold gears..but you saw me while i was stealth and shot arrows at me...i have max stealth..and lvl 82..your not 86 sorry..

my friend is 94 and does same thing..uses lower gear to bate people..

1: name your barb i'll happily kill it
    2: fist barbs cant 1 shot anything. fail more.

unless you have 16k+ HP i can kill you even charmed.

of course archers normal hits do more damage than a sin. a sin has twice their attack speed.

demon barbs have a better chance to stunlock so...demon ftw?

you seem pretty smug for a barb that i never see in pvp. what happen? you pick up sage culti at 89 then realize you were wrong and now you try to find something you can still do in pvp? poor barb. don't worry, i hear you can fix that soon with a CS item.

i dont care about my evasion, i have 4.3k HP. i'm only level 86. my armor is level 60. my daggers are +6 frost. i kill barbs like you every day.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rodz88 wrote: »
    well Trawne i agree with everyhting you say except the fact your only 86..you killed me outside whetstone other day while i was fighting red named BM..i looked your gear and thats all true...+6 85 dagger and 6x gold gears..but you saw me while i was stealth and shot arrows at me...i have max stealth..and lvl 82..your not 86 sorry..

my friend is 94 and does same thing..uses lower gear to bate people..

..... /sigh

PLEASE go read my guide about stealth found here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691292

also for proof i'm only 87 now refer to this picture:

2010-05-0311-24-41.jpg

even time stamped for you. and yes i beat a 99 barb last night.

i leveled to 87 about an hour after i fought you. you say your 82, you would have to have been 86 to see me and 87 for me to not see you. now you have to be 87 to see me and 88 for me not to see you. b:bye

on another note, why is IMG code turned off b:cry
  • Velox_Nex - Lost City
    Velox_Nex - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wouldn't let me change avatars earlier... here's more proof. happy now? :)
  • rodz88
    rodz88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    HAHA i never once mentioned i saw you while stealth..until you jumped on my back when killing that bm.then after rezz when you shot me with arrow you werent stealth..thats when i was inspecting your gear and can confirm thats true.

good read on your stealth guide there..didnt know detection pots are 30 lvls..anyway i guess you using potion as i have 10 shadow walk 10 cat like and 10 escape....if so ok..odd you use them on 7x ..

i have no doubt you killed a 99 wasnt my point at all...not trying to say sins cant do anything..i know they can kill higher lvl HA..and not trying to say you personally cant ,so relax lol..my only point was didnt think you were 86..because you saw me..but thats it.

..... /sigh

PLEASE go read my guide about stealth found here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691292

also for proof i'm only 87 now refer to this picture:

2010-05-0311-24-41.jpg

even time stamped for you. and yes i beat a 99 barb last night.

i leveled to 87 about an hour after i fought you. you say your 82, you would have to have been 86 to see me and 87 for me to not see you. now you have to be 87 to see me and 88 for me not to see you. b:bye

on another note, why is IMG code turned off b:cry
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rodz88 wrote: »
    HAHA i never once mentioned i saw you while stealth..until you jumped on my back when killing that bm.then after rezz when you shot me with arrow you werent stealth..thats when i was inspecting your gear and can confirm thats true.

good read on your stealth guide there..didnt know detection pots are 30 lvls..anyway i guess you using potion as i have 10 shadow walk 10 cat like and 10 escape....if so ok..odd you use them on 7x ..

i have no doubt you killed a 99 wasnt my point at all...not trying to say sins cant do anything..i know they can kill higher lvl HA..and not trying to say you personally cant ,so relax lol..my only point was didnt think you were 86..because you saw me..but thats it.

no no no no no no no no no no no no NO. you dont seem to understand still

you do NOT add shadow escape AND shadow walk. you add whichever you used to stealth. the MAX you get is 30 levels. check your character tab you'll see it's true. i didnt use a pot. i dont have to.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can drop 20K+ HP barbs so i dunno that that mere 93 barb is smoking. b:sweat