defeating a barb/bm 2.0

2»

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can drop 20K+ HP barbs so i dunno that that mere 93 barb is smoking. b:sweat

i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...seriously there are maybe 4 other sins on this server that dont suck hard. it may be he keeps killing the rest b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • rodz88
    rodz88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no no no no no no no no no no no no NO. you dont seem to understand still

you do NOT add shadow escape AND shadow walk. you add whichever you used to stealth. the MAX you get is 30 levels. check your character tab you'll see it's true. i didnt use a pot. i dont have to.

i know escape and walk dont stack..my point is i have them both maxed along with cat like..when i was fighting the bm..i killed him and shadow escape when your on my back..later i came back just in walk and you saw me also..same lvl skills..

i was under the assumption you would have to be 10 lvls hgher to see me..even with max detection..if i had max stealth..and you were only 5 or 6 lvls higher...i might have been 81 at the time i forget.so my assumption was wrong obviously...i was going by tool tips but obviously they are very vague in many instances.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In a situation where sins have same lvl skills, a sin can see any sin's his lvl - 1. If same level, you need awareness pot (which they should make cheaper. it's ridiculouss expensive to make b:laugh)
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sharp Observer increases your awareness level in increments of 3. IE a lvl 86 sin with lvl 10 Sharp Observer can see a lvl 82 sin with lvl 10 Cat-like Tread and lvl 10 Shadow Escape.

Your stealth: 82 + (10 x 2) + 10 = 112
    His awareness: 86 + (3 x 10) = 116

116 > 112

In summation: he see you b:shocked
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    In a situation where sins have same lvl skills, a sin can see any sin's his lvl - 1. If same level, you need awareness pot (which they should make cheaper. it's ridiculouss expensive to make b:laugh)

your a bit off actually killer. 2 sins of the same level with same skills will both see each other. you only need an awareness level equal to that of the stealth level you are trying to detect. this is why it made sense for A_Noob to level to 101 on hypers so none of the 100 sins could see him

i can verify this easily as i level my sin with my wife's sin and we both always see each other.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • ShadowStepz - Lost City
    ShadowStepz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    haha hey there. had some fun last night. couldnt believe i beat booj with my sin b:shocked he killed my wiz after i focused you though b:cry

haha yeah guess I make a good distraction b:laugh
    Epic QQ is why I RPKb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can drop 20K+ HP barbs so i dunno that that mere 93 barb is smoking. b:sweat
    I saw Killermate getting 2 shots from a cleric xD
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010

just the fact sins can go invisible on anyone not a) a sin or b)30 lvls higher than them is impossibly stupid. its the sort of skill that makes sins atractive to skill-less players
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    just the fact sins can go invisible on anyone not a) a sin or b)30 lvls higher than them is impossibly stupid. its the sort of skill that makes sins atractive to skill-less players

butthurt archer is butthurt. i have no trouble killing sins on my wiz. learn to adapt
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's important to remember that if you give even the smallest gap in your stun lock then a decent barb will pounce on the oppurtunity and most likely wreck you.

Occasionally a sin will try to stunlock me, if there's even the smallest gap in between stuns/sleeps then I'll triple spark > occult ice > violent triumph. If there isn't then usually the sins will wack at me for a while and then when they use their last move just force stealth and run QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    It's important to remember that if you give even the smallest gap in your stun lock then a decent barb will pounce on the oppurtunity and most likely wreck you.

Occasionally a sin will try to stunlock me, if there's even the smallest gap in between stuns/sleeps then I'll triple spark > occult ice > violent triumph. If there isn't then usually the sins will wack at me for a while and then when they use their last move just force stealth and run QQ.

i dont stun lock barbs. if you look around you'll see what i use. if you triple i'll just stealth.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Why waste chi stunlocking when sleep, tackling, sleep, tackling, sleep, tackling, sleep, tackling... and so on... is free? Unless you are in the high 90's or 10X and can kill me in a few hits (never charmed), I'll play around with you with that combo just for the lulz.
  • _I_eat_fish_ - Sanctuary
    _I_eat_fish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    best way to kill a barb i've posted over and over again.....

i never said the best way...and i didn't ask just u? i asked everyone to post their own combination... just to have some discussion and see how we can explore the skills of a sin to another degree. i personally don't use that combination and i've killed a few 20k+ barbs~
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    i never said the best way...and i didn't ask just u? i asked everyone to post their own combination... just to have some discussion and see how we can explore the skills of a sin to another degree. i personally don't use that combination and i've killed a few 20k+ barbs~

your 100 i sure hope you can. maybe try you know, playing the class and figure something out then.