Options
2»

Comments

• Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aw, there've been some bad experiences here with marriages b:sad
    I guess i'm one of the lucky ones. RL hubby and i decided to get married in game as well. He was complaining that he's had to pay for two weddings now b:chuckle

Anyways, if one of you dc during mq, just wait for the other to log back on (as stated above, dont squad anyone else in the meantime) and when your partner logs back on, get back into party, make sure you have the same leader as before and your quest will still be there. b:pleased

That didn't work for me. Apparently we did re-squad with the leader being the same person, (yes I waited for him to get back) but when we talked to the first NPC, it gave us both the fail notice. I also tried doing it in solo both when my husband came back or while he was offline, as plum described, but still, I got the fail notice.
  • zanbri
    zanbri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    indeed i am. and gratz on 1k posts

Thank you all for sharing! The stories, suggestions and info everyone is sharing is awesome! I hope to read more of your stories!b:thanks
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    indeed i am. and gratz on 1k posts

I though so b:chuckle.
    Thank you b:thanksb:victory.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Originally Posted by PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    and oh if u dc during marriage quest DO NOT RESQUAD or it will fail.you will have to continue the quest solo and so wil your partner.has anyone ever tried marriage quest with another married person to see if that works???

Dced plenty of times, it never failed for me.

I'm not sorry I married lol. The MQ is fun. b:chuckle We joke around & ks people together. b:chuckle Not many quest now, so you don't get to do that much anymore. b:cute It's fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalProdgy - Sanctuary
    MentalProdgy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hmm i would like to get married but i've never found anybody in-game...what do i do?b:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That didn't work for me. Apparently we did re-squad with the leader being the same person, (yes I waited for him to get back) but when we talked to the first NPC, it gave us both the fail notice. I also tried doing it in solo both when my husband came back or while he was offline, as plum described, but still, I got the fail notice.

Honestly, I think it has to do with what part of the quest chain you're already at. I've had it glitch before to where the npc to turn in the quest at nameless isle. We both had to relog, I sent a squad invite as I was the original leader, we turned in our rewards and completed the quest,

Also at Silverpool, one time I did not get the continuation... I ended up dropping party and relogging, and reinvited wifey... at that point we both turned in the quest and completed.

I've also had the arch quest glitch, but only because we didn't finish it before server new day, and the quest changed to a different npc. We still had the quest items in our quest log, but we couldnt' turn it in. The next time the Arch quest came back, we had two sets of marriage quests, one at the stage we were at the week before, and the new one, however it would only let us complete one of them. The week after it was the same, but I selected the new path and then it cleared our logs of any remnants and let us finish un-glitched.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hmm i would like to get married but i've never found anybody in-game...what do i do?b:thanks

You just have to wait for it to come like that. I have tried searching, never works though. You just have to wait for the right person to come. Unless ofcourse you don't want it for love that is.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalProdgy - Sanctuary
    MentalProdgy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:cry i've played for 2 years....b:shocked and no, i for sure want love not...something else.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:cry i've played for 2 years....b:shocked and no, i for sure want love not...something else.

Yeah...
    See, it could come in 20 years,who knows. :/ Believe me, I've had experiences where I was the one falling so hard and getting dumped in the end. -.-
    You have to be patient and stay strong. And always know that there will be someone out there that's the perfect person for you. ^^
    It's a cheesy line, I know, but that's what keeps me going. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zanbri
    zanbri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I completely understand how hard it is to find the right one. Even though my marriage didn't work out I am still hopefully that I'll find another partner. You can't give up. You also can't just still back and wait for it to happen either. You have to put some effort in it. Let it be known that your looking. Take stock of the people around you. Gather new friendships where ever you can.

How many times have you waited too late to tell someone you liked them only to see them be carried off in someone elses arms? He who hesitates has lost. I say live dangerously. Take the risk of a broken heart then having lost the chance of ever being loved.
  • Greenfaerie - Sanctuary
    Greenfaerie - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    me and my rlbf have gotten married on every server that we have been on except for the new server archo... his new main character is a female...he has played females in the past but never a main. . . and long story short i want to marry him in game but i cant because he is a female...he does not understand a real females point of view on the marriage in game. I might have to marry myself. Am I selfish or are there other REAL LIFE females that feel the same? I don't game much with his female character b/c i can not stand her b:angry and the way he has portrayed a female it makes me sick b: angry i have even told him the new system that pwi has out that their are daily quests to get exp and no that doesn't even turn his head. I don't know maybe gaming pw for 2 years it's time to pack my bags and leave for some other game. b:sad

he just does not see how i see my gaming world. it is a place for me to get away from the real world and live in a world that i can be happy in. i'm the girl in real life why does he have to be the girl, this is my only opportunity to be a girly girl and he stills the show by creating a b:shutup <bad words female. b:irritated
    BadKittie by day
    Greenfaerie by night
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    me and my rlbf have gotten married on every server that we have been on except for the new server archo... his new main character is a female...he has played females in the past but never a main. . . and long story short i want to marry him in game but i cant because he is a female...he does not understand a real females point of view on the marriage in game. I might have to marry myself. Am I selfish or are there other REAL LIFE females that feel the same? I don't game much with his female character b/c i can not stand her b:angry and the way he has portrayed a female it makes me sick b: angry i have even told him the new system that pwi has out that their are daily quests to get exp and no that doesn't even turn his head. I don't know maybe gaming pw for 2 years it's time to pack my bags and leave for some other game. b:sad

he just does not see how i see my gaming world. it is a place for me to get away from the real world and live in a world that i can be happy in. i'm the girl in real life why does he have to be the girl, this is my only opportunity to be a girly girl and he stills the show by creating a b:shutup <bad words female. b:irritated

I think this is an issue where you need to sit down and talk to your boyfriend face to face, how you feel. But secondly, there's no rule to saying that guys can't play female characters in any game. Every person has their rights to how they want to play the game, but if relationship comes to play, you need to sit down and talk to your SO what's bothering you.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think this is an issue where you need to sit down and talk to your boyfriend face to face, how you feel. But secondly, there's no rule to saying that guys can't play female characters in any game. Every person has their rights to how they want to play the game, but if relationship comes to play, you need to sit down and talk to your SO what's bothering you.

O.O

Pchan! I came across your wedding video on YouTube the other day. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    O.O

Pchan! I came across your wedding video on YouTube the other day. b:cute

b:shy thanks, but I'm still not happy with the bad pixellation b:cry. I'm thinking about redoing the video using After Effects in comparison to Adobe Flash
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:shy thanks, but I'm still not happy with the bad pixellation b:cry. I'm thinking about redoing the video using After Effects in comparison to Adobe Flash

XD I'm not good with anything related to editing. I terribly suck at using effects and whatnot for videos/images. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Circeia - Archosaur
    Circeia - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

he just does not see how i see my gaming world. it is a place for me to get away from the real world and live in a world that i can be happy in. i'm the girl in real life why does he have to be the girl, this is my only opportunity to be a girly girl and he stills the show by creating a <bad words female.

LOL. Well my IRL boyfriend convinced me to start playing this game. He moved to RT with me to start over. When we hit 20 I paid for both wedding packs (on sale) His barb was supposed to be his main and the veno was just supposed to make the money. Well...he started to play his veno much more often and soon that became his main. I didn't like it not only because I paid wedding packs on character which he barely went on but also because he didn't tell people his real gender. Some guys think that by being a girl character they get attention and extra perks such as items and quest help. b:lipcurl Being able to swap bikinis with your bf? Talk about unusual...

Anyway, when talks of Arch server came out he said he wanted to start over again (which ended up being a very good decision for both of us). He bought both packs this time (not on sale) and he promised he wouldn't let an alt become more important than the main. b:victory So all in all it ended up working out for us. He kept his promises and we've been able to do our MQ almost every day so far.
    Oh and I got the lochmur pet after our 31st or 32nd quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Wife of MarsUltor, There's nothing better about the game than playing it next to my irl boyfriend. <3
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The only reasons a marriage will go bad is because it wasn't discussed carefully before you rushed into it. Why do you want to be married? Is it true affection for the other plalyer or is it purely based on the benefits in game. Once you have decided the answers to these questions maybe you can have a very successful in game relationship.

riverwalker and WiCleMa have been married in game since September 2009, when marriage packs went on sale for a mere 10 gold. Never have we regretted it. MQ rolled out and gave us a new quest option, which has been lots of fun. We were friends for months and enjoying one anothers company every day prior to our PWI wedding and have continued to do so since.

You want it to work? Don't rush into it and know what you both want from it to begin with! In game marriage can be lots of fun and it can also involve some work. If you treat one another with consideration and respect, you can't go wrong. b:victory
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.