Taeknight - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
Stop being axe sword or pole, b:kiss go fist, and do NOT go heaven b:sad
Post edited by Taeknight - Lost City on

Comments

• Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    B-But I like utilizing the different weapon paths for combos, versatility, and overall non-noobishness!

How about I not pass GO and waiver my $200 then?
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    gl beating rebirth b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Right, that's what I've been talking about. But developers name BLADEMASTERs for a reason. We master in blades. We're the most expensive class to play if we master in all weapons, the most versatile and the most enjoyable class. Each weapon path has its own distinct advantages, but developers have made fists our main dmg weapons. I start to think it's basically based on China's historical concept that although legends have developed all sort of weapons, in the end it comes to fists.
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    gl beating rebirth b:cute

I think he meant in terms of dmg/s on a single target.
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »

Still won't win your RB.
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    Still won't win your RB.

That's not what I meant. When you're talking about killing 10+ mobs coming close to you, you go with axes. In PvP, people won't stay together to let you aoe them. That's just stupid. I'm talking about dmg/s on a single target, something you need to kill a boss fast and a heavily geared player.
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    That's not what I meant. When you're talking about killing 10+ mobs coming close to you, you go with axes. In PvP, people won't stay together to let you aoe them. That's just stupid. I'm talking about dmg/s on a single target, something you need to kill a boss fast and a heavily geared player.

Granted, given a PvE mob gank vs. a PvP player gank, you'll switch your tactics a bit. Dealing maximum damage on a single boss....it's really not that hard for BMs.
    ... Each weapon path has its own distinct advantages, but developers have made fists our main dmg weapons. I start to think it's basically based on China's historical concept that although legends have developed all sort of weapons, in the end it comes to fists.

I would posit you've been watching too many John Woo / Jet Li movies.

Then again, given the trollish nature of this topic, I would not be surprised at any of the comments in this thread.
  • oyamajio
    edited April 2010
    Granted, given a PvE mob gank vs. a PvP player gank, you'll switch your tactics a bit. Dealing maximum damage on a single boss....it's really not that hard for BMs.

I would posit you've been watching too many John Woo / Jet Li movies.

Then again, given the trollish nature of this topic, I would not be surprised at any of the comments in this thread.

I've been reading, watching, listening..., but no I've never watched John Woo. Be honest, are you any type of weapon bm other than fist? Have you gotten 3.33attk/s using fist yet? If not, I'd recommend you to try it. It's good to popularise fists because most previous bm guides pointed toward other weapon path than fists. Lots of 100+ bm have switched to fists for dealing dmg and used other weapons for support as I noticed.

This thread is not trolling. The OP is just stressing fists too much. Other weapons are useful too.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sure, i'll go fist....You gonna buy my Warsoul fist for me b:cute?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fun Fact: 3 Fist BMs triple sparking on the stage bosses in rebirth delta means the bosses die in less than a minute. Real fast rebirth runs :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fun Fact: 3 Fist BMs triple sparking on the stage bosses in rebirth delta means the bosses die in less than a minute. Real fast rebirth runs :)

3 fist bms = 19m nirvana runs... we also did both Abbadon and SoT all-bosses in less than one hour total. The only thing we were missing was a sage bm to dragon for us. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stop being axe sword or pole, b:kiss go fist, and do NOT go heaven b:sad

"Stop", as I know it, means quit having, don't, do NOT. He said nothing about single target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    3 fist bms = 19m nirvana runs... we also did both Abbadon and SoT all-bosses in less than one hour total. The only thing we were missing was a sage bm to dragon for us. lol
    You're better off having a demon BM using dragon... yay for 9 secs
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Ok idiots, this is not about PvE, kuz PvE = BS

I am talkin about PvP, kuz well PvP is fun < LOL

Tell me if u can kill ANYONE lvl 100, if u have GX, tell me if u can kill anyone ( And i am not talking about some +1 hh90 armor ppl )

Fist all they way, if ur choosing to go heaven or hell, bleh HELL, And ppl on PvE servers - please get a room b:kiss
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Tell me if u can kill ANYONE lvl 100, if u have GX, tell me if u can kill anyone ( And i am not talking about some +1 hh90 armor ppl )

Fist all they way, if ur choosing to go heaven or hell, bleh HELL, And ppl on PvE servers - please get a room b:kiss

You sir are a moron. Have fun leveling up from Pking.

I'd be glad to have the aoe ability of axes in massive PvP. If you don't have axes with your fists, you are a fail. kthxbai. b:bye

And if you are just realized that fists are superior in 1v1, then well, grats. A bit late but... would you like a cookie for your amazing realization?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010

you still use gx to stunlock dragon and aoe. you still use spears for farstrike, meteor rush, 50% chance to have 100% crit at the cost of no sparks and 1 more thing I like to think is still somewhat niche for actual good warriors. you still use blades to MSS 3x's and lolafk in town with badass looking dual wielded hh60 magic swords.

not sure what this thread is for... any decent bm KNEW fists were good BEFORE packs and even terrible bm's (read: you) should know fists are good by now. people that use fist 100% tho suck and are just as bad as any other single tree warrior.
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    not sure what this thread is for... any decent bm KNEW fists were good BEFORE packs and even terrible bm's (read: you) should know fists are good by now.

Agreed.
    people that use fist 100% tho suck and are just as bad as any other single tree warrior.

Disagreed, but to each their own.

edit: on second thought, if the player is 80 and below, then i disagree. if the player is 80 and higher, then i agree 110%.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Disagreed, but to each their own.

edit: on second thought, if the player is 80 and below, then i disagree. if the player is 80 and higher, then i agree 110%.

Okay, yeah you are right for 80 below just because of the limited spirit but 80 literally takes no more than two weeks if you aoe with hyper. Even then before 80 I had all essential skills for axe/spear/fist maxed to their highest level. That's including smack, bolt of tyreseus and dragon bane. My post was directed for endgame as that's what the majority of your time will be spent.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ydual wielded hh60 magic swords.

What? You can dual wield magic swords? b:shocked

Can you imagine a wiz with 2 +12 (insert magic sword of choice here)?! b:shocked

And um, I'd make a post relevant to the thread but I think everyone's done it well enough. b:avoid
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yes

Me thinks you need to learn " proper " skill combinations and genie skills + with the higher crit rate you get from having the dex for claws = win.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Ofcourse it's still possible to kill things with GX at 100... I've gotten "oneshotted" (IE dmg>hp) by genie skills thanks to heaven's flame/zerk/crit or two of the three depending on their genie. I'm sure a zerk crit with +10-12 is gonna be able to bypass plenty of charms too.

But yeah it doesn't compare to fists, which can easily kill you with a simple stunlock if the BM has enough interval gear. Actually have to kite properly, I get lazy vs axe users, which really won't kill me unless they get lucky. Even sage BMs with a zerk spear are more dangerous.
    edited April 2010
    You're better off having a demon BM using dragon... yay for 9 secs

Yeah, but it would be rude to ask a demon bm to be a dragon bltch or a buff monkey... when a demon bm dragon's for another it's a courtesy. It's expected of sage bms.

Ofcourse it's still possible to kill things with GX at 100... I've gotten "oneshotted" (IE dmg>hp) by genie skills thanks to heaven's flame/zerk/crit or two of the three depending on their genie. I'm sure a zerk crit with +10-12 is gonna be able to bypass plenty of charms too.

If you're a pure strength cash-shop build with +!2 GX like Athran or someone, yeah, those GX are gonna hurt bad... but as a BM even +10 GX doesn't hurt end-gamers very much... they're pretty gimped. In group PvP GX are the least of my concerns.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but it would be rude to ask a demon bm to be a dragon bltch or a buff monkey... when a demon bm dragon's for another it's a courtesy. It's expected of sage bms.

I like that :) Though on bosses, usually multiple demon BM parties will have one do full out debuff/amp on boss while chosen tank triple sparks and tanks. After they spark as well, if it survived longer than 20 secs. Or just trade roles at the next boss.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010

If you're a pure strength cash-shop build with +!2 GX like Athran or someone, yeah, those GX are gonna hurt bad... but as a BM even +10 GX doesn't hurt end-gamers very much... they're pretty gimped. In group PvP GX are the least of my concerns.
    Well if all 3 have demon HF I would expect the BMs to take turns, could alternate HF/triple spark and that way you'd pretty much keep the boss amped almost the whole time.

And yeah +10 gx doesn't hurt a lot but I've still been hit for 4-4.5k by zerk crits on my 7.2k pdef, which isn't low. Chances of someone with a gx killing someone isn't high but it's possible.
    edited April 2010
    I like that :) Though on bosses, usually multiple demon BM parties will have one do full out debuff/amp on boss while chosen tank triple sparks and tanks. After they spark as well, if it survived longer than 20 secs. Or just trade roles at the next boss.
    Well if all 3 have demon HF I would expect the BMs to take turns, could alternate HF/triple spark and that way you'd pretty much keep the boss amped almost the whole time.

Yeah, of course, with 2 or 3 BM's alternating HF things die quickly... but with 3 fist BMs hell sparking, you're not going to see it die that much slower if they just hell spark the whole time either because things just die really quick regardless. It really doesn't matter in FB99's, but in Nirvana and TT it does make a difference.

And yeah +10 gx doesn't hurt a lot but I've still been hit for 4-4.5k by zerk crits on my 7.2k pdef, which isn't low. Chances of someone with a gx killing someone isn't high but it's possible.

Yeah, well I know you've PvP'd a LOT... and sure the lucky zerk crits can be pretty brutal, but on average Mage > BM at endgame... Frenzy Sutra'd Extreme Poisoned BIDS usually means a quick death to a BM. lol just hope my balance or absolute domain were up and prey for quick reflexes + low latency.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010

W-what? No way, buff meh every 15 seconds, NAO! b:angry
  • Aradorn - Harshlands
    Aradorn - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    First of all if you think sage (for you heaven) worse then demon i think you wrong.
    when the hell in PVP and mostly in group PVP you have the chance to triple spark??
    this class use so much chi that the only way for you to triple is in PVE.
    besides if any BM in endgame get fisure and heaven's flame sage, its make alot more damage mostly in 1vs1 against ha, but it sure does alot too in group PVP.

And if that is a news for you that fist actually do more dmg, as okeano said its late but its better then never lol.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    First of all if you think sage (for you heaven) worse then demon i think you wrong.
    when the hell in PVP and mostly in group PVP you have the chance to triple spark??
    this class use so much chi that the only way for you to triple is in PVE.
    besides if any BM in endgame get fisure and heaven's flame sage, its make alot more damage mostly in 1vs1 against ha, but it sure does alot too in group PVP.

And if that is a news for you that fist actually do more dmg, as okeano said its late but its better then never lol.
    You honestly think it's just about triple spark? Even if it was... right now if I'm pvping I get plenty of chances to double spark @ 8x. I don't see why I wouldn't get a chance to triple spark once I hit 89. Maybe it's not going to be easy to actually kill someone with it before they counter it with genie skills etc, but in 1v1 situations against other heavy armor users you'll get your chance.

And yes I personally do think demon > heaven.
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Ok, noobs plox stop posting ( Not Kristoph and Michael )

Ok EVEN if ur dumb as ** and wanna be axe, demon is better ~ 7,5sec stun and 9 sec dragon

Then, lvl 11 cylcone 20 % attack rate, u dont need to spark to kill ppl

And, demon marrow + buff ~ stacked high mdef and pdef

Ok later!~
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    LOL didnt read 2nd page, this was actually a troll post because i was bored, not because i found out fist were the best

And bleh, devoted u shouldnt talk in class forums, kuz well, your the most fail archer ive ever fought KTHXBAI