Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Er isn't the the voting over :o btw gratz to the D winner b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's fine to not agree with the winners selected, but to actively tear them down with your posts is very insensitive. To then talk about how your own submitted designs were so much better is just downright petty.

Remember that the creators of these entries worked hard on them, and i'm sure they've been reading through this thread--all 20 whiny pages of it.

To them I just want to say great job, and take this thread as a life-lesson that others' negativity will often follow your successes, particularly in the artistic world.

I hope no one took offence to my earlier post, I honestly just wanted opinions on my design, and i do think there are some good finalists. b:victory
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GZ on winerb:victory
  • machina987
    machina987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Congrats to all the entries that participated. I feel that a lot of you need to be more supportive and stop being rude to the people that participated, if you feel like it couldve been better then perhaps you should have participated. Every idea will not be liked however people put a lot more effort into these then your 30 second critique. Most likely none of you are even fashion designers of any sort yet you call things bland and ugly. Each person has their unique taste that is how fashion evolves so instead of knocking them for their effort you should commend them. Noone is knocking your for your taste for not liking the designs, however being rude to those entries is not the way to go about it for those who did.
  • shinyyuki
    shinyyuki Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D is my favorite <3 so gratzzz
  • _venom - Lost City
    _venom - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im gonna go with C and Db:victory
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    grats on D for bein the winner, if they make set for girls im SO buying it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Pawsnclaws - Heavens Tear
    Pawsnclaws - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fashion design D
  • PrinceTides - Sanctuary
    PrinceTides - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I choose D! b:victoryb:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's fine to not agree with the winners selected, but to actively tear them down with your posts is very insensitive. To then talk about how your own submitted designs were so much better is just downright petty.

Remember that the creators of these entries worked hard on them, and i'm sure they've been reading through this thread--all 20 whiny pages of it.

To them I just want to say great job, and take this thread as a life-lesson that others' negativity will often follow your successes, particularly in the artistic world.

Nobody is denying that the entries were worked hard on, but you seem to completely miss the entire point here, Frankie.

In the artistic world it's all about aesthetics and opinions. What one person will view as fine art, another will view as trash. Where some people like modern art, others do not and prefer older pieces. Where some people find digital art to be amazing, others prefer art done by hand outside of the computer.

If there's 20 whiny pages of a thread, it's 20 whiny pages of peoples opinions and the fact that they feel these entries do not appeal to them and that, for them, they are not aesthetically pleasing. You think it's whiny? I think it's people sharing opinions on artwork, which is very controversial at best because people are always going to disagree and there's never going to be a crowd of people who share the exact same opinion on one piece of art.

Also, you may want to consider that if you have 20 whiny pages of opinions and people saying that there wasn't enough choice in the polls for them to vote for a design even slightly appealing to them, you need more variety. There have been a lot of people on this thread who haven't really liked any of the entries because the variety just isn't there - and in 2000 entries you can't tell us that there was no variety to choose from.

So, basically:

- Art is controversial at best. Don't bash people because they're posting their opinions, because in an art contest you're only ever going to hear opinions. Not all of them are going to be good.
    - Nobody is denying that the artists did not work hard on their entries. They are however, complaining that in over two thousand entries, there's barely any variety in the final poll.
    - Isn't it a bit insulting to accuse 20 pages of people of being "whiny" when many posts are giving you feedback on a contest that you really should listen to?

And for everybody else:

- Nothing is original. At all. Ever. Chance are, if you think of it, somebody else already has. Especially when it comes to clothes, of all things. Stop whining that they aren't original, because guess what! None of them are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kei_Letal - Dreamweaver
    Kei_Letal - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I personally like B the most because it's very noble and stylish ^^ Blackjack is probably my second favorite.
    "The moon rises, the rain falls... A most beautiful sight..."
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nobody is denying that the entries were worked hard on, but you seem to completely miss the entire point here, Frankie.

In the artistic world it's all about aesthetics and opinions. What one person will view as fine art, another will view as trash. Where some people like modern art, others do not and prefer older pieces. Where some people find digital art to be amazing, others prefer art done by hand outside of the computer.

If there's 20 whiny pages of a thread, it's 20 whiny pages of peoples opinions and the fact that they feel these entries do not appeal to them and that, for them, they are not aesthetically pleasing. You think it's whiny? I think it's people sharing opinions on artwork, which is very controversial at best because people are always going to disagree and there's never going to be a crowd of people who share the exact same opinion on one piece of art.

Also, you may want to consider that if you have 20 whiny pages of opinions and people saying that there wasn't enough choice in the polls for them to vote for a design even slightly appealing to them, you need more variety. There have been a lot of people on this thread who haven't really liked any of the entries because the variety just isn't there - and in 2000 entries you can't tell us that there was no variety to choose from.

So, basically:

- Art is controversial at best. Don't bash people because they're posting their opinions, because in an art contest you're only ever going to hear opinions. Not all of them are going to be good.
    - Nobody is denying that the artists did not work hard on their entries. They are however, complaining that in over two thousand entries, there's barely any variety in the final poll.
    - Isn't it a bit insulting to accuse 20 pages of people of being "whiny" when many posts are giving you feedback on a contest that you really should listen to?

And for everybody else:

- Nothing is original. At all. Ever. Chance are, if you think of it, somebody else already has. Especially when it comes to clothes, of all things. Stop whining that they aren't original, because guess what! None of them are.

I quite agree! Couldn't have said it better myself! Try going to an art school and having your work critiqued by the instructors (not even talking about the other students, lol), and you'd see very fast, how MANY differences of opinion there are! It's all subjective, once you get past the technical aspects, which in here wasn't counted (and rightly so). I think most people in here were not bashing the artists, per se, they were just voicing their opinions on the judge's choices (out of 2000+), and how limited the finale choices ended up being, when we saw several fabulous designs in here. I doubt that ALL of them were plagiarized, but then again, I am just an artist, so wth do I know (being facetious here).

Anyway, kudos to the artists who were brave enough to post their original designs, and to those who plagiarized what they posted...shame on you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I have no problem with people sharing their opinions as long as it is done respectfully.
  • Sicilia - Harshlands
    Sicilia - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see my guy friend to wear design B. It is really boy like and cool b:pleased
  • Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear
    Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D is smexy.
    And oh, I can't imagine a barb wearing the E one. LOL b:shutupb:laugh
  • lordlionz
    lordlionz Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    IS the winner of the fashion contests fashion going to be up by this Wednesday just got some gold for it ._. hopefully it will you make a lot of a profit from making D a fashion in the CS
  • yazan393
    yazan393 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like the D design its so cool and make the character look DEVIL ,.;,,,;.,
    hehehe
    b:sin
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, looks like D wins. Better hope the claw isnt glitched on barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • stillaleeu
    stillaleeu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I Think before you go and vote for the design you think it looks cool, you gotta see if its going to fit all the Races or not, Alot of this outfits wont fit them all, A-B Can Are the only 2 that can make it throw the whole races here...
  • WolfZDemon - Lost City
    WolfZDemon - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    E looks ret@rded
    theothers better especially C and D
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lordlionz wrote: »
    IS the winner of the fashion contests fashion going to be up by this Wednesday just got some gold for it ._. hopefully it will you make a lot of a profit from making D a fashion in the CS

You have to consider how long it takes to model and texture new outfits.. There is no real feasible way they'd have them made and out in the game only a week after the final designs won lol. Unless they're damn fast. XD Which I seriously doubt they'd put their people through.

Also, it was never said that the winning designs were sure to be made into wearable fashion in the game. Only that there'd be a chance it would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordlionz
    lordlionz Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    XD but didn't it say that they would be in the CS..wheres that thread when you need it...but by some miracle they better have D fashion in the cs b:cuteb:cuteb:cute.
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    biggest question thats bugging me if who the hell picked out these god awful designs? ive seen some of the other male fash designs and they were way better then this
    i mean com on? really? ninja outfit? thats what stealth is for.... A & B look to much like fash we have already and C&D are just......b:shutup the demon arm wouldnt work with weps and just wouldnt look right in anything other then black,grey, or brown
    PLZ for the love of god get another panel of judges for the girls designs bc if they are anything like this i might as well stop hoping for less-azn fash and just get the fash we have right now b:cry
  • redhog2
    redhog2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you complaining about the judges pick when the WINNER already won and know your QQing about the female one just gtfo. Slowness..
  • musicaloath
    musicaloath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aww darn. I was really hoping outfit B won. Oh well.
  • mochachip
    mochachip Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Design D all the way and maybe e?b:pleasedb:bye
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Grats to Design winner D, who is Lazrus on Archosaur server in the Narla faction!

Heres to hoping he shares some of that 100 gold b:dirty
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Mizukii - Dreamweaver
    Mizukii - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D looks like Nightmare from Soul Caliber and as for the girls (since i cant post there) Im pissed that E Won when its just a damn replica of Vincent from FFVII. I thought they said this was supposed to be orginal? thats kinda bs.
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    biggest question thats bugging me if who the hell picked out these god awful designs? ive seen some of the other male fash designs and they were way better then this
    i mean com on? really? ninja outfit? thats what stealth is for.... A & B look to much like fash we have already and C&D are just......b:shutup the demon arm wouldnt work with weps and just wouldnt look right in anything other then black,grey, or brown
    PLZ for the love of god get another panel of judges for the girls designs bc if they are anything like this i might as well stop hoping for less-azn fash and just get the fash we have right now b:cry

I don't know. I think if they gave the arm a metallic look, almost any dark color would work with it. Like a dark green or blue, or even a bright yellowish orange for a golden armor look would be cool, or a light bluish grey for a silver tone. b:laugh
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A = Alright

B = Okay.

C = You're **** kidding, right?

D = Amazing. Designer deserves to win.

E = Too overly hyped.
This discussion has been closed.