Make killing monsters worth my time.

Options
WaffleChan - Sanctuary
WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Now we all know, before hypers, before oracles, and before the discovery of delta there was killing mobs for experience. This monotonous task is now outweighed by the huge number of coin sink daily quests, which consume a large amount of time and people's income. With these holes constantly in our wallets... how does one break even? So many just blanket it with 'mercantilism' as the quick answer. But how far does that really take us?

One needs something to put in the cat to make the cat make cash. But, in reality, some of us would much rather level than perouse cat shops and scour the AH for bargains and mistypes on prices. The only other logical answer is to farm.

With these tokens in effect, the mat market is easily a no win situation, especially for wines. What else can we farm? DQs and gear drops of course! But theres just one problem. Monsters dont drop diddly squat.

This is a petition to make killing 1v1, or aoe, etc worth while again. Monsters at the 80+ range just do not drop enough loots to make up for these huge coin and time sinks put in place. The do not yield even half the exp avaliable from these time consuming dailies either. I humbly impose there be a permanent 1.5x exp/drop rate put in place on anything but boss monsters.

Logically, I can see this as a way to finally break even and make money, instead of having to charge gold whenever I want a new gear. I do not have the time, nor want to make the effort to give in to the nickel and diming of the major cash shopping community. I should not have to pay money to keep up gear wise and level wise with my rivals and friends for pve/pvp purposes. I should not have to wonder where I am going to get coin for tommorows dailies.

Make monster killing worth doing again! While were on this same topic, there is the issue of reputation. Currently, the 3 rep per 80 mobs isnt cutting the cheese. Such mundane tasks should yield greater reward. I also impose that one man armies and justice quests be bolstered in terms of reputation earned. One should not have to pay nearly 4300$ just to experience the final rank.

Some of us free players have needs too you know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
advice to fledgling archers:
Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
Post edited by WaffleChan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what be the "huge number of coin sink daily quests"
    b:puzzled
    only daily quest that be an actual coin sink that me can think of be crazy stone, repairs,....and me suppose the teleportation cost of the triple BH.
    b:surrender
    but that still be only 1 actual quest that be a coin sink.
    ._.'
    also um....gasp people not charging monies to get good gear?
    unpossible
    b:chuckle
    humans be funny xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    welllllll since im not a fail oracler..or a failllllll exp stone user.Ive been doing pretty well paying my repair bills,pots and anything i need on my alt by just doing my quest and getting money drops on that and of course..farming mats..mids and high mats are awsome profit.I can farm for 30 min and go back to arch and make 300-500k in arch just selling to a cat shop.If your grinding for coins..coin drops are stank but dq and armor are good(remember to repair your found armor then sell it to the merchant for more coinage)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    since im the one who takes the time to level ( ive been palying for 5 months, thats 10 levels per month :p), i'd totally support this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    (remember to repair your found armor then sell it to the merchant for more coinage)

LOL @ that.

The MONEY you put in to repair that gear is the MONEY npc will be giving back to you. So if an item cost 2k to npc, an other 2k to reapir, gives you 4k value at npc. Did you forget you spend money on repair? You gain no extra coins than those 2k the item was worth when it dropped.
    *Semi retired*
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But if everyone has more money, everything will cost more, and we'll be in the same spot. Plus, 1 mil is more than enough to start merchenting with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1 mil is more than enough to start merchenting with.
    Maybe some of us don't want to treat PWI like a damn personal business...? -___-

And maybe those people don't deserve to be broke all the time?

Yes, I do some merchanting, but not on any large scale. I don't devote any length of time to predicting the market forces of PWI. Why? Because it's a video game. Sure, if you devote that kind of time to it, you do deserve to make some more money. But not nearly THIS much. We have a few merchanting tycoons and then hundreds of people who never have more than 2-3mil on them at any time because they can't get any DQs anymore.

We need permenant double DQ drops. In fact, permenant double drops itself would be great. We'd have more money to buy things and, in many cases, more items to buy. You can see the results already with molds and TT mats - many molds are a fraction of what they once were. Many things are more accessible to more people, because of the double drops. Who gets less money out of this? The merchants.

tl;dr: Merchanting should not be nearly as profitable as it is; grinding should be more profitable. Permenantly doubling the drop rates (not exp/spirit maybe, but just drops) would solve both problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Money makes more money.

Knowing this, the logical conclusion to making good money in this game would be to merchant. People always answer with "merhcanting" because that's the best way to make money. It sucks, and I don't deny it sucks, but that's the honest truth of the matter.

Another very true, but very sucky thing that has been said: if you want to make money you need to focus on making money, not levelling. PWI is at the stage where if you try and level at the same time as making money you're going to fall behind in one of them. Again, it absolutely sucks and I don't deny it, but it's still true.

Mob drops suck. I agree. I'm about to embark on the quest of grinding for money because frankly I don't merchant very well (tried and failed) and gold is a bit beyond my price range. (Before hand I was making money buying and selling, but I sold my gold before the Tiger Packs came out... and then couldn't re-buy afterwards without squandering all profit I'd already made.) No doubt I'm going to be complaining and raging about it after two hours of little drops, but there's little I can do about it.

Merchanting is the only real way to make money in this game if there is no x2 drop events going on. Sad, but true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I humbly impose there be a permanent 1.5x exp/drop rate put in place on anything but boss monsters

Already been suggested before, except for 2x instead of 1.5x

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=700872
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=688862
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maybe some of us don't want to treat PWI like a damn personal business...? -___-

And maybe those people don't deserve to be broke all the time?

Yes, I do some merchanting, but not on any large scale. I don't devote any length of time to predicting the market forces of PWI. Why? Because it's a video game. Sure, if you devote that kind of time to it, you do deserve to make some more money. But not nearly THIS much. We have a few merchanting tycoons and then hundreds of people who never have more than 2-3mil on them at any time because they can't get any DQs anymore.

We need permenant double DQ drops. In fact, permenant double drops itself would be great. We'd have more money to buy things and, in many cases, more items to buy. You can see the results already with molds and TT mats - many molds are a fraction of what they once were. Many things are more accessible to more people, because of the double drops. Who gets less money out of this? The merchants.

tl;dr: Merchanting should not be nearly as profitable as it is; grinding should be more profitable. Permenantly doubling the drop rates (not exp/spirit maybe, but just drops) would solve both problems.
    You just need to set up your cat shop while your asleep. Or buy and sell some items on AH. It's amazing the kind of deals some people don't notice. Also, if you have double drops, all it'll do is make prices rise on normal items. If everyone has more money, they'll be willing to spend more money. And prices will keep rising........

Not to mention doing T.T would just be a waste of time.

Anyways, doesn't make much of a difference to me either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I kind of agree with you, but during double drops it definitely was, and eventually you can grind the the chronomaps and farm card and then the oht mats from the card bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So many just blanket it with 'mercantilism' as the quick answer. But how far does that really take us?

I've been stating much the same thing for more than 6 months now... All of the ways to make decent coin in-game have been systematically removed... the goal is to get you to level as quick as you can, and with higher gold prices... hovering in the 350k-450k range, you're far better off casually cash-shopping for your coins or gears than you would be to farm them.

I really don't consider PWI free to play anymore. It's just not subscription based, it's casual pay-as-you-need. They've turned the game into a hyper experience junkie fix... quick leveling makes you need more stuff more quickly with less time to casually earn coin in-game leading to more people saying $10-$50 every month or two isn't so bad after all...

There are really only a couple of ways to actually make money these days.... farming 3-2 and 3-3 (with all the high levels not enough people farm these instances that even during double drop mat prices didn't move much), farming special herbs (all the high levels need TW and PK pots)... or farm Nirvana for profit.

2x drops for 3 weeks wasn't done because the players wanted it, as much as all the players craving for it would like to think, it was to devaule the market so that you can't actually earn much from farming. Who actually benefit the most from this? PWI of course, otherwise it wouldn't have happened again so suddenly and extended for such a long time.

So, apart from 3-3, Nirvana and picking herbs in hell, there isn't a whole lot left to actually make money with. Farm mid and high mats while nobody is bothering to farm them and sell them a week after token packs leave the cash shop would be your next bet. The only other alternative? Merchanting. I know you were picking on it, but realistically, it's the only way you're going to make any decent in-game coin now.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You just need to set up your cat shop while your asleep. Or buy and sell some items on AH. It's amazing the kind of deals some people don't notice. Also, if you have double drops, all it'll do is make prices rise on normal items. If everyone has more money, they'll be willing to spend more money. And prices will keep rising........

Not to mention doing T.T would just be a waste of time.
    I personally do have a catshop that I run on the weekends, and so far it's made a little money. But you can't expect the average player to be able to do that, nor have the dedication to browse the AH in full for these deals.

Would you elaborate on what "normal items" means to you? As I said in my last post, with a lot of items, the prices actually go down due to double drops. Yes, if more items were bought due to more money existing, then demand would go up due to less supply. But with double drops, the supplies get boosted, too... at least, on quite a large number of things. What, exactly, would go up in price? Gold, maybe? I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I personally do have a catshop that I run on the weekends, and so far it's made a little money. But you can't expect the average player to be able to do that, nor have the dedication to browse the AH in full for these deals.

Would you elaborate on what "normal items" means to you? As I said in my last post, with a lot of items, the prices actually go down due to double drops. Yes, if more items were bought due to more money existing, then demand would go up due to less supply. But with double drops, the supplies get boosted, too... at least, on quite a large number of things. What, exactly, would go up in price? Gold, maybe? I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>
    Browsing the AH doesn't take that much time. Even simple things like buying perfect stones from AH and selling them in a catshop can make you a nice profit.

The only thing that would remain constant is stuff that drops. Charms, tokens (Indirectly affecting shards,teles,oracles,subs, and everything else you can get with tokens), and more. Anyways, Its not like they'll ever do this, so there's no point arguing. PWI actually caring about its players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    xp/sp/coins don't scale properly. of all methods to make any of those, grinding mobs is the worst.
    you get 300 xp a mob at 40 already, and you still get that at 80. wtf is that?
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Would you elaborate on what "normal items" means to you?

I'm pretty sure he means to spend 20 minutes or so and scan all the catshops in west arch, scan the AH and buy low and sell high.

I'll do that every other day or so and I can always find at least something vastly underpriced. It's amazing how many people will either make a mistake or price something to sell cheaply or just not know how much something is worth and sell it for considerably less.

You might say that it's unfair or stealing, it's not. Hell, I priced a perfect Amber shard at 300k once. Kinda miffed me, but it was my mistake for forgetting a zero and I paid for it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I know I made someone extremely happy that day.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he means to spend 20 minutes or so and scan all the catshops in west arch, scan the AH and buy low and sell high.

I'll do that every other day or so and I can always find at least something vastly underpriced. It's amazing how many people will either make a mistake or price something to sell cheaply or just not know how much something is worth and sell it for considerably less.

You might say that it's unfair or stealing, it's not. Hell, I priced a perfect Amber shard at 300k once. Kinda miffed me, but it was my mistake for forgetting a zero and I paid for it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I know I made someone extremely happy that day.
    My friend got a galactic beete for 1.4 mil once. Not even sure how that would have worked out, since they were going for like 20 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Charms, tokens (Indirectly affecting shards,teles,oracles,subs, and everything else you can get with tokens), and more.
    Charms = gold items. I have never cared about charms and neither have most f2p players. Most people who care about charms are TW players and other "pro" PVP people who usually buy ZEN anyway.

Oracles only matter to Oracle n00bs. ;P

Teles are cheap now, and I've never seen them above 20k. If they rise, they rise... oh well.

Shards will be cheap as long as there are tokens, and with all the oversaturation of tokens...

Subs are the cheapest they've ever been. I've seen catshops fail to sell them at 38k on HT.
    Anyways, Its not like they'll ever do this, so there's no point arguing. PWI actually caring about its players?
    They are pretty dense, I'm not arguing with you there. But occasionally they get the crazy idea to follow popular demand (meaning actual popular demand, not "HAY ANI PAX ARE BACK CUZ POPULR DEMAND"). We wouldn't have had so much 2x drops recently otherwise. My theory is they're testing to see how the market changes with it.

EDIT:

Of course, and that's the kind of merchanting I do. Not a lot, but I do it.

But Alberio was talking about buying prices on "normal items," and I wanted elaboration on what he considers "normal" that isn't available as a drop. Yes, double drops would negatively affect merchants. Boo freakin' hoo, says I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Charms = gold items. I have never cared about charms and neither have most f2p players. Most people who care about charms are TW players and other "pro" PVP people who usually buy ZEN anyway.

Teles are cheap now, and I've never seen them above 20k. If they rise, they rise... oh well.

Shards will be cheap as long as there are tokens, and with all the oversaturation of tokens...

Subs are the cheapest they've ever been. I've seen catshops fail to sell them at 38k on HT.

They are pretty dense, I'm not arguing with you there. But occasionally they get the crazy idea to follow popular demand (meaning actual popular demand, not "HAY ANI PAX ARE BACK CUZ POPULR DEMAND"). We wouldn't have had so much 2x drops recently otherwise. My theory is they're testing to see how the market changes with it.

EDIT:

But Alberio was talking about buying prices on "normal items," and I wanted elaboration on what he considers "normal" that isn't available as a drop. Yes, double drops would negatively affect merchants. Boo freakin' hoo, says I.

Charms are actually not a big problem, In my case I can go to dragon temple to burn it for fun pretty quick and don't cry.

The 'pr0 pvp'ers' you've mentioned are spending shtload of cash on gems, sockets and refining and that's what really matters. You have no hope to make it with mob drops except high TT's and Nirvana (idk, maybe lunar is ok too, never tried cause im kinda too low).
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

EDIT:

Actually, double drops won't affect merchants. We buy low sell and sell high. We can do that as long as prices are stable. Double drops forever might even help us, since it means we won't have to worry about double drops changing prices for a while, and it'll mean I can get my TT gear cheaper. But it won't actually solve anything. All it'll do is cause more complaining. Anyways, I'm done for now. I understand your trying to make it easier for a player to make money, which is actually something I wish for as well. I just don't see double drops as the answer. You might be right in your theory though. Well, anyways. Its not like we can actually change anything. If we could, there would have been no more packs after the anni packs. We can just wait and see what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Now we all know, before hypers, before oracles, and before the discovery of delta there was killing mobs for experience. This monotonous task is now outweighed by the huge number of coin sink daily quests, which consume a large amount of time and people's income. With these holes constantly in our wallets... how does one break even? So many just blanket it with 'mercantilism' as the quick answer. But how far does that really take us?

One needs something to put in the cat to make the cat make cash. But, in reality, some of us would much rather level than perouse cat shops and scour the AH for bargains and mistypes on prices. The only other logical answer is to farm.

With these tokens in effect, the mat market is easily a no win situation, especially for wines. What else can we farm? DQs and gear drops of course! But theres just one problem. Monsters dont drop diddly squat.

This is a petition to make killing 1v1, or aoe, etc worth while again. Monsters at the 80+ range just do not drop enough loots to make up for these huge coin and time sinks put in place. The do not yield even half the exp avaliable from these time consuming dailies either. I humbly impose there be a permanent 1.5x exp/drop rate put in place on anything but boss monsters.

Logically, I can see this as a way to finally break even and make money, instead of having to charge gold whenever I want a new gear. I do not have the time, nor want to make the effort to give in to the nickel and diming of the major cash shopping community. I should not have to pay money to keep up gear wise and level wise with my rivals and friends for pve/pvp purposes. I should not have to wonder where I am going to get coin for tommorows dailies.

Make monster killing worth doing again! While were on this same topic, there is the issue of reputation. Currently, the 3 rep per 80 mobs isnt cutting the cheese. Such mundane tasks should yield greater reward. I also impose that one man armies and justice quests be bolstered in terms of reputation earned. One should not have to pay nearly 4300$ just to experience the final rank.

Some of us free players have needs too you know?

if you want cash for daily stuff (BH,cube, whatever), Open OHT map3, AoE grind for like 30-40 min in there. Drops are very, very nice, u get 2-300k out of them. That's for financing your daily expenses. Now if you really want to produce coins, like millions of them, then merchanting is the way. Having an alt account running on a second PC/Laptop for this is absolutely necessary if you want to do anything else with your main than camping AH.
    There are still ways to make money in this game, I couldn't care less cause I'm not really playing it anymore (and for the short entrances Map3 is providing me with a steady income), but if you want to put time in it to make cash, you can do it. It's not as easy as it was like 8 months ago, but it's still possible.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The key to successful merchanting is information. Yes, if you already know what things are worth (long term or relative to other items and short term due to specials), it is relatively quick and easy to find deals, set up a cat shop, invest in goods and sell patience/convenience to the population.... What the OP is objecting to (and what most players do not want to spend their leisure time on - hence the large spreads available for those who do), is investing all the time it takes to develop that base of knowledge about the markets in this game. Talking about how little incremental cost (in time, effort, or up-front investment outlay) it takes to be a merchant is missing the point. More fundamentally, the game lacks a living wage for players who are bringing only time/labor to the economy. That is an early warning sign that the administrators should be watching. You could infer from the random 2x drop events that they are experimenting with a solution. It might bring people back to grinding if the drop adjustment did not apply to big ticket TT/Lunar drops (as the OP is suggesting). The blanket 2x drop approach, though, has not.

As to the suggestion of AOE grinding in past map 3, is that really feasible for an archer? I know there is video of Asterelle doing it, but that did not look like cost effective grinding for the masses. As a 9x archer like the OP, the best grind value I've found is spiders. The 200K/hour I net on them is what $0.67/hour...? Even if I could hit 400K/hour, we are still at a very low return on my time, but double that and I can justify spending some leisure time grinding to get more out of the rest of my game time.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you want cash for daily stuff (BH,cube, whatever), Open OHT map3, AoE grind for like 30-40 min in there. Drops are very, very nice, u get 2-300k out of them. That's for financing your daily expenses. Now if you really want to produce coins, like millions of them, then merchanting is the way. Having an alt account running on a second PC/Laptop for this is absolutely necessary if you want to do anything else with your main than camping AH.
    There are still ways to make money in this game, I couldn't care less cause I'm not really playing it anymore (and for the short entrances Map3 is providing me with a steady income), but if you want to put time in it to make cash, you can do it. It's not as easy as it was like 8 months ago, but it's still possible.

Agree and I'll tell you one guys. If you wanna make cash grinding for a month to get you weapon then you have to realize one thing. While you grind you're not at work and if you'll work IRL for one day you'll earn enough to charge ZEN and buy you'r weapon.

If you're still feeling an urge to grind then better go outdoor at night time, punch right guy and he'll drop ya his wallet and maybe something more. With luck you'll get two weapons and a beer. With **** luck you'll have to work on your teeths.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how do you make merchanting "not nearly as profitable as it is?"...do you want there to be catshop fees or something?

it's literally buy gold and sell gold items, the profits come from predictable fluctuation in gold prices and exploiting people's laziness, not always "find dumbass who made a mistake and resell".

i think double drops is fine, would gold go up? doesn't gold go up when they release packs anyway?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    stop your archer and play a veno, then just make your pet attack by itself while you watch TV or reading a book. Just check your pet out and what dropped by time to time b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Agree and I'll tell you one guys. If you wanna make cash grinding for a month to get you weapon then you have to realize one thing. While you grind you're not at work and if you'll work IRL for one day you'll earn enough to charge ZEN and buy you'r weapon.

If you're still feeling an urge to grind then better go outdoor at night time, punch right guy and he'll drop ya his wallet and maybe something more. With luck you'll get two weapons and a beer. With **** luck you'll have to work on your teeths.

Honestly, I could spend my money like that. I make enough. But, why would I want to? I could, instead, just get turned off on playing a game intent on hooking me with an expensive addiction and .... move on. I'll hazard the guess that PWE knows this is the problem with the current imbalance between cash-rich and labor-rich players.
    stop your archer and play a veno, then just make your pet attack by itself while you watch TV or reading a book. Just check your pet out and what dropped by time to time b:chuckle

Personally, I have never been able to enjoy playing a veno. But, I admire the irony of your post since the OP, of course, had a very infamous veno for a long time.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    btw i really enjoy browsing the AH, checking prices etc... mutch more fun than grinding... i enjoy it as any other part of the gameb:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The 'pr0 pvp'ers' you've mentioned are spending shtload of cash on gems, sockets and refining and that's what really matters. You have no hope to make it with mob drops except high TT's and Nirvana (idk, maybe lunar is ok too, never tried cause im kinda too low).
    Erm... yeah, that was kind of my point. "Pro PVP" can die in a fire. Hence any stipulation that 2x drops are bad because charm prices will go up is moot.

EDIT:
    Honestly, I could spend my money like that. I make enough. But, why would I want to? I could, instead, just get turned off on playing a game intent on hooking me with an expensive addiction and .... move on. I'll hazard the guess that PWE knows this is the problem with the current imbalance between cash-rich and labor-rich players.
    THIS x 9001.

I'm one of those people. I work 40 hours a week at a rate that's probably better than most peoples' here. If I wanted to, I could probably spend large portions of my paycheck on "pro" gear or even Warsoul weps (eventually). But lest we forget people, none of this is permenant. When PWI finally goes away, so do your chars. It's just not worth doing. You're spending hundreds, or thousands, of dollars on temporary, virtual fame. There are better uses of money than this.

For the record: I buy a $20 prepaid card once every couple of months, on average, and I use it to buy things I can't get secondhand (inventory stones, mount upgrades, rare fashion, etc.). That's the sum-total of my CS expenditures. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

As to the suggestion of AOE grinding in past map 3, is that really feasible for an archer? I know there is video of Asterelle doing it, but that did not look like cost effective grinding for the masses. As a 9x archer like the OP, the best grind value I've found is spiders. The 200K/hour I net on them is what $0.67/hour...? Even if I could hit 400K/hour, we are still at a very low return on my time, but double that and I can justify spending some leisure time grinding to get more out of the rest of my game time.

During the x2 drop I was grinding in map3 for 800k-1 mil/hour. I wasn't really trying to make the maximum amount possible, but did it because I loved it and was the first place where I felt good and productive doing solo AoE grind.
    Now, since a wizard AoE is self centered (as is the BM one), it means I'm pretty much confined to melee phys mobs.
    Here comes in place the wonderful advantage of the ranged AoE on Archer: Map3 has also ranged phys mobs (archer mobs). STA and a Barrage up (Sage or Demon even better) and I'm sure an archer can be at least as effective as a wizard (because of STA prolly even more) in AoE grind on map3.
    A good genie and some starting pots (mobs in map3 drop great HP/MP pots, basically after 1h you have enough drops to sustain yourself mana and HP wise from drops + extra+cash).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    QQ sum moar QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's literally buy gold and sell gold items, the profits come from predictable fluctuation in gold prices and exploiting people's laziness

Buying gold, purchasing gold items, selling gold items, buying more gold... while in theory works decently, you really don't make more than sitting there reselling commodities. Your supposed 'profit' gets eaten up by gold trader fees and you end up making the same or less than you would if you just parked a location and let everyone else do the work for you.