Options
Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Income from tier 3 land:
10mil coins

Cost to defend tier 3 land:
1.4m coin on towers
20k per catapult scroll (average catapult scrolls used in 3 hour war 200=250) 4-5m total
remaining income after 3 hour war every week minimum 3.6 mil

Income from successful defense:
90% of attacker's bid (ex. 500k bid=450k refund on defense, 10m bid=9m refund on successful defense) minimum remaining funds after 3 hour defense at minimum bid 4.05m

4.05m/80 max members in war=50k/member (excess=mailing fee)

Attack/no attack=not included in this equation so...

Cost to attack tier 3 land:
500k bid minimum (90% returned on victory)
1.4m coin on towers
20k per catapult scroll (average catapult scrolls used in 3 hour war 200=250) 4-5m total
6.9m cost for long loss at minimum bid

Safe guild coffer size:6.4m=10m/land(extra cushion for defense)+10m for attack bid+cost
holding 1 land (max reasonable coffer size) = 20m(10m+10m)

Safe approximation for guild members to be aware of their guild's war costs: 30min=40 cata scrolls (800k/30 mins)
so 1.4m+800k/30 mins, do the math and keep your eyes open
Main:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alts:
Lypiphera 101 Cleric
Incompetance 100 Blademaster
MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
Post edited by Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This right after Belial wins land o.o (k lucky gank or not, nobody cares, the color is on the map, they'll earn 10m next week).

You could also just say that it was a bit of a **** up yesterday and call it the day. it's no shame really, might even improve the imago a bit (no this isn't smack talking for those eager to reply with venomous posts).
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    (no this isn't smack talking for those eager to reply with venomous posts).

Leave my poor Venomous Scarabs out of this b:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You could also just say that it was a bit of a **** up yesterday and call it the day. it's no shame really, might even improve the imago a bit (no this isn't smack talking for those eager to reply with venomous posts).

Well the whole Belial thing actually did work toward their favor, look at the map, Belial cant attack Tao, Tao has nothing to worry about now. They can 1v1 Enrage now.

Belial is force to attack Enrage and a lucky gank can happen in Tao's favor.

Anyways, reply back to the TW thread, no point turning this thread into a TW drama thread. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • hiddenalt
    hiddenalt Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So Tao can lose in 25 mins instead of 20?
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually, there are good reasons for posting this, but you shall see soon enough, if you're in Belial, that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually, there are good reasons for posting this, but you shall see soon enough, if you're in Belial, that is.

Ooooh I see what you did there. >:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was good wasn't it? Tao may be losing TW right now, but were not stupid by any means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aviax - Heavens Tear
    Aviax - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh really? O.o
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Leave my poor Venomous Scarabs out of this b:sad

:(

10char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nice math. So you TW only for your pay?

There are plenty of players that TW for the fun, and accept charm lose as the cost of having fun for a few minutes every week.

That math may make sense for players looking for a new "job", but it is irrelevant for anyone that just wants to have fun.

We can break down the OP's post as:

If you are in Tao don't leave the guild just because they lost a few TWs, look at the math and see that you will not get paid as much anywhere else except in Enrage.

If you are Enrage, don't leave, we are winning again, and you will get a huge pay cut if you move anywhere else.

If you are Rad, I think most of the mercenaries have already left that guild over the last year. The math just reasures the ones that are still there as why they TW, and money is not one of those reasons.

If you are any other guild, just have fun. Think of TW as entertainment you have to pay for. In the end, have fun and laugh at all the excuses the large guilds make the few times they actualy loose to smaller guilds, and laugh at the weekly drama between the large factions.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TW pay is the most reason why people want to TW, they wont say it, but its most likely the case. Yes, you do see some people TWing because they want massive PvPness, but honestly, look at Tao, Rad, and Caesar, its happened to them. Once they started to lose, people left.

I'm seeing alot of people who used to be in Tao and are now factionless or have Enrage over there head.

In Enrage, I'm seeing some new peeps who have **** gear compare to the core members, but I suppose every TW faction will have people like that.

In Rad, I see only those who havent left due to losing, the loyal members will stay.

Yes, its sad, that people leave when a TW faction when they lose over and over.

Back when Tao had power, I said, "As soon as you guys start losing, members will leave your faction." Im pretty sure I have that posted somewhere. This applys to any TW faction I imagine though.

Overall, people think if you are in a TW faction, you will be spoiled and think you are getting the best gear on the server.

From what Belial said, they TW for fun, whether they lose or not. Belial seems to be the "special case" where people there just want to TW, dont care about pay. I said its a rest stop, waiting place, stepping stone, into Tao and Enrage, but really, any faction can be that, Belial just seems to be........the obvious choice. <_____<

I wonder how many people at this moment want to be in Enrage for the money.

Anyways, if Belial wants to be a serious TW faction, go for it, otherwise, you wont compare to Tao, Rad or Enrage.

Overall, I say TW pay is a huge influence that draws people to TW in the first place, especially on a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes, its sad, that people leave when a TW faction when they lose over and over.

Its not just about the pay, though Im sure for some it is.

You also have those who have to be on the winning side, wether thats because of a false sense of self worth it brings them or e-peen or w/e, as soon as their current faction starts to lose instead of staying and working hard to help rebuild they jump ship to the next best thing.

I wonder what the map would look like now if all those that have left Belial, Rad, Caesar etc had stayed, knuckled under and helped the faction back.

To some the bright lights and percieved " the best " tag is a bigger draw than the cash
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I TW for the fun, the lulz, the hard work, the riddle of combatting their newest strat. It's like a game for me, I step back, find their strat and find new ways to combat it. I don't care if I get paid or not. But I do know a lot of people TW for the coin, or the glory. You haven't seen the smile on my face when we win, thats priceless, or the upset when we lose, and that just pushes me harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiddenalt
    hiddenalt Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    90% of ppl TW for either Pay or they wanna feel like winners thats reali it
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KonariRaiden is a moderator b:shocked

lol, I never would have guessed..
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In Enrage, I'm seeing some new peeps who have **** gear compare to the core members, but I suppose every TW faction will have people like that.

Quit looking at my gear, it's really not as bad as it seems. I keep my **** gear on to fend off the ones who look at my gear like you. And I wouldn't consider myself new since I had joined Enrage since the first 3-4 months.
    I wonder how many people at this moment want to be in Enrage for the money.

Oh you're right! Oh wait, I don't TW that much in Enrage since I've been busy with other stuff. Does that still mean I'm in Enrage for the money? b:question Hell, sometimes I break even or even lose money going to TW.
    KonariRaiden is a moderator b:shocked

lol, I never would have guessed..

^ This doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

In the end, I like how Enrage got pulled into this thread, just like almost every other thread, even though it wasn't started by an Enrage, and had nothing to do with Enrage in the OP.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surrender people writing their life stories here, if you would combine all threads into a book...damn it would be a hit b:victory (and one hell of a big book too <.< )
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I TW because I like killing people, I like my faction being victorious and being number 1.

OK so we're not number 1 anymore, but part of the fun is to get back to even terms with Enrage.

I won't lie, I like the TW pay, purely because it's a thank you for helping our guild own territory and it helps paying for charm loss. Is it the main reason I TW? No.

I want to be the best, that is why I TW b:victory
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I TW for the fun, the lulz, the hard work, the riddle of combatting their newest strat. It's like a game for me, I step back, find their strat and find new ways to combat it.

LOL... that had me going for a while... thanks... i needed it.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In the end, I like how Enrage got pulled into this thread, just like almost every other thread, even though it wasn't started by an Enrage, and had nothing to do with Enrage in the OP.

Don't worry, I pulled Rad, Tao, and Belial in this thread also.
    b:victory

Anyways, I used Enrage as the main example because you have power right now.

If you looked waaaay back when in other threads, I used Tao as the main example. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Don't worry, I pulled Rad, Tao, and Belial in this thread also.
    b:victory

Anyways, I used Enrage as the main example because you have power right now.

If you looked waaaay back when in other threads, I used Tao as the main example. :P

Our secret weapon.

The Eye of the Tiger.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Our secret weapon.

The Eye of the Tiger.

*gasp* I remember that song!

...it's from Guitar Hero!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *gasp* I remember that song!

...it's from Guitar Hero!

b:avoid

GTFO

Go mod, not troll xD
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • konariraiden
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GTFO

Go mod, not troll xD

b:surrender

*grumble* ...can't do ANYTHING no mores...

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options

Damn straight you can't lol

You're with the law! GTFO!
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    konari really made mod!?

:O!

when? and hey lol
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Thought you could swap your avatar back to your game avatar for when you want to troll, you know, try and disguise yourself to walk amongst the masses.
  • konariraiden
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thought you could swap your avatar back to your game avatar for when you want to troll, you know, try and disguise yourself to walk amongst the masses.

Nope. Plus...y'know, having your account nickname bein' the same as your In-Game nickname...not the brightest of ideas.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nope. Plus...y'know, having your account nickname bein' the same as your In-Game nickname...not the brightest of ideas.

You were never the smartest b:chuckleb:kiss
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lol but I think I can safely say that you and bright ideas were NEVER used in the same sentenceb:laugh

Anyways yah as fliick said; GTFO and go mod/not troll damn't!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]