Stop using male pronouns for everything

Options

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no it is incorrect, bcuz not everyone is male. i agree with the OP where as the correct gender neutral pronoun is them/they/it
    somebody i know, calls all ppl in game an it, until their gender is specified.

also, english does fail
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Personally I don't care, calling me "she" or "her" will only get a soft correction that I'm not a woman, and most everyone else will correct you in one form or another. and as said before "HE" is common for something unknown, live with it.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as said before "HE" is common for something unknown, live with it.

Seriously people get over it, this whole argument about people being annoyed by most things being labeled he pathetic, there are far more interesting things to complain about which have a valid point and not completely pointless.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think OP jsut had to complain bout soemthing, cos was bored o.O
    cos else see no point xD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't understand why it's so important. I am female, I call the bosses all "he" unless it looks like a "She" Like Zimo. The princesses in Tusk are "she." The drum boss is a "he" to me. What does it really matter what they are to me? What does it matter what it is to Bob, Lisa, John or Sally? Call them what you want. But asking others to call them "it" isn't going to make the game a better place, for you or me. I can understand maybe venting how you feel about it, but come on, why is it such a big deal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think OP jsut had to complain bout soemthing, cos was bored o.O
    cos else see no point xD
    No, he's just a troll. His first thread got to like 13 pages, and was deleted the next day. He's made some more threads like these. He just likes making people argue. In this case, he expected the females to argue with the males. But seems like everyone agrees hes a complete idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Male = He
    Female = She
    unknown = He
    Veno = He or it (never sure :p )

But who cares more important things in the World to worry about, but hey if It (OP) wants to burn its bra and tie itself to Arch railings .. knock itself out

b:pleased
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The points of abbreviations is to make a "long" word recognizable even shortened for practical usage. "Venomancer" abbreviated as "man" would sound really awkward "TT2-3 LF MAN, PM me" since it shares a common word, man. Kinda like what's going on with "sin" and the actual word sin. Yet referring to an "assassin" as a "sin" is better than to refer to it as "****" IMO... "ssass" would kill the whole point of abbreviating it. Thus the "long" with quotation marks. It's more practical, but indeed gets confusing to new players.

At least the interface for PWI is in ONE language...

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/29/umad128539779112343750.jpg

Lol get used to abbreviations cuz its here to stay pal.

EDIT: this is for WaffleChan quoted urs for truth :P
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lymphocyte wrote: »
    Everywhere I go, people are calling bosses he or him. What makes that boss male? Does the boss show male sex characteristics? no. So call the boss an it. And I see it here on the forums, when someone has a faceless avatar, people automatically assume the person is male and call them he or him. Guess what, not everyone is male! Females do exist! Take that into consideration and when you talk about someone who's gender is unspecified, say he or she, or them.

Fail thread.

Some people just like to complain about every little thing.

Ignore the troll.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, he's just a troll. His first thread got to like 13 pages, and was deleted the next day. He's made some more threads like these. He just likes making people argue. In this case, he expected the females to argue with the males. But seems like everyone agrees hes a complete idiot.
    im not a he ******mit!! b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well it's on you to provide that information, it's not ours.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lol if u look at ur self closely,u can see u came to the general forums to complain about people calling bosses "he" thats pretty stupid to me and deserves this thread to be locked.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No girlz on da intrawebz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No girlz on da intrawebz

+1 b:chuckle
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We only have your word on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow. Couldn't find a lamer thing to whine about?

I mean seriously, who gives a damn if you call a mob he or she?? I always call mobs "he", unless they look like girls, like some mermaids do. But now, lets call Krimson, Empyrean Slither, Mantavip Scout and Kimsa also "she", then they'll be flattered and won't kill us ^^

That... sounds just.. wrong, really wrong to me b:shocked

But I understand it's not cool if someone calls you a guy if you're a girl, and vice versa. I have had this problem since I started playing a veno (read my siggeh). It also disturbs me, as I have a pretty simple name, and most people call me Fiery, when I'm in a squad where someone keeps calling me "the veno". Like this :

Person A: who will tank?
    Person B: the veno will do it.

And some people just say it without even asking me if I want to do something. But it's not just me, they call every person they meet "the cleric", "the barb" and so on. Ya know it's really impolite to talk like the third person wasn't in the chat too, go learn your manners children!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow. Couldn't find a lamer thing to whine about?

I mean seriously, who gives a damn if you call a mob he or she?? I always call mobs "he", unless they look like girls, like some mermaids do. But now, lets call Krimson, Empyrean Slither, Mantavip Scout and Kimsa also "she", then they'll be flattered and won't kill us ^^

That... sounds just.. wrong, really wrong to me b:shocked

But I understand it's not cool if someone calls you a guy if you're a girl, and vice versa. I have had this problem since I started playing a veno (read my siggeh). It also disturbs me, as I have a pretty simple name, and most people call me Fiery, when I'm in a squad where someone keeps calling me "the veno". Like this :

Person A: who will tank?
    Person B: the veno will do it.

And some people just say it without even asking me if I want to do something. But it's not just me, they call every person they meet "the cleric", "the barb" and so on. Ya know it's really impolite to talk like the third person wasn't in the chat too, go learn your manners children!

U do know its a game right? IJS

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    U do know its a game right? IJS
    Don't pick on the veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Don't pick on the veno.

U should take ur own sig's adviceb:embarrass and yes its "the" veno :P

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

u-mad1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh the angst... does it really matter? b:chuckle

How about we close this thread?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't it be more correct to say "The Veno"?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again:

He is the pronoun used when referring to something with an unspecified gender. This seems to change when it comes to vehicles however, because in these cases, they seem to be a "she" more often than not. Maybe it's because guys like their cars like they like their women...?

Anyway, point being, I will call Fushma a he, and you can't do anything about it. Grow some balls and deal with the fact that the English language does not always make sense.

Also, if you wanted to be really cheeky, you could always say that a venomancer is a "shim" until you're corrected. But like I said... that's if you want to be cheeky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love coming home from a weekend out of town and seeing troll threads like these.

...ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well in my native language word 'boss' is male pronounce, so even if boss is female i could still say he and im kinda used to it lol
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love coming home from a weekend out of town and seeing troll threads like these.

...ijs

For a minute I didn't realise that was you.

Nice new siggy there. Chesire cat inspired? =0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For a minute I didn't realise that was you.

Nice new siggy there. Chesire cat inspired? =0

I felt like a change b:cute It's a mooncat!

2879_view.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I felt like a change b:cute It's a mooncat!

2879_view.jpg

Sur le gasp! That's... a strangely pretty image. =3 Makes more sense now I see the whole thing, although I swear I'm still seeing American McGee's Alice's Chesire Cat in there.

... American McGee's Alice's Chesire Cat... try saying that five times over when drunk. b:chuckle

Still, t'is a good new siggy. I now just have to retrain my brain to recognise you by it. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sur le gasp! That's... a strangely pretty image. =3 Makes more sense now I see the whole thing, although I swear I'm still seeing American McGee's Alice's Chesire Cat in there.

... American McGee's Alice's Chesire Cat... try saying that five times over when drunk. b:chuckle

Still, t'is a good new siggy. I now just have to retrain my brain to recognise you by it. xD

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw it. I had been looking for something that I liked to play around with for a while and that one just stuck....It's a pretty kittyyyy <3

Thanks. I'll try not to change it again for a while b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah that's what I thought when I saw it. I had been looking for something that I liked to play around with for a while and that one just stuck....It's a pretty kittyyyy <3

Thanks. I'll try not to change it again for a while b:chuckle

It's certainly an interesting kitty, but whether I'd call it pretty... well we all have opinions. |D

You know, I have no right to speak about the changing of a signature. I've gone through about three different ones this year, and that's about to be four. >.>" I'm just... a signature *****. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.