I have failed

Comments

• Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow, how I wished I had the chance to squad with you! XD

I've encountered so many bad barbs and Leeroy Jenkins BMs on bhs and TTs that it's become hard to trust tanks unless I know them well enough. Barbs were often inattentive or two slow when I got aggro, or begging me to heal them when doing so would result in my death by heal aggro. One example was when I solo healed subbed TT1-1 for Wraith's Ploy some time ago. When we were trying to get Soul Banisher, I got aggro from a catacomb archer. Luckily it was a low level TT, so I managed to survive, but I needed so much ironhearting that I couldn't heal anyone else or significantly damage the mob. What's more was that there was a friend of mine lying dead nearby that I needed to revive. I kept yelling in squad chat "GET THE ARCHER! GET THE ARCHER!" Barb, who was DDing the boss, only listened after... 1 or 2 minutes... If I was in a higher TT, I would have been dead a long time ago. b:surrender

So much for paying attention to the cleric...

you should try using chromatic seal more often..
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why clerics sometimes want to make the barb's charm tick?

there are some reasons i think, but first of all, many (i said many, not ALL barbs) barbs QQing for his charm ticked and blame cleric for not doing appropriate heal. This is really annoy some clerics (again, SOME is not ALL) who think that "my MP charm always ticks hundreds/thousands time to save the squad and never QQ, but the barb QQing for only his charm ticked once???" and then they try to tick the barb's charm just for fun of it.b:victory

just my opinion
    (i post this opinion in both thread, barb's topic and also cleric's topic)
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The OP is sick and wierd. Why would you want to waste someone's cahrm like that. L2P. Noobs
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The OP is sick and wierd. Why would you want to waste someone's cahrm like that. L2P. Noobs

You aren't helping any go and troll some where in very cold place and yu are noob here.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FurryPawZ - Heavens Tear
    FurryPawZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont think its funny to let a barbs charm tick for fun.

I have that charm to protect my squad in case cleric dies and i have no heals.
    Its for Emergency.

now if a barb is rushing into the mobs without the cleric anywhere around, He deserves his charm ticked.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LOL @ this thread. Can't tell if we're being trolled or not based on the two identical posts....but fun to read anyhow.

I guess I'm an old fashioned barb as well. :)
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010

You sure you wanna post in this thread too? just read your other threads.
    Judging by your handle on things related to clerics, you would be the kind of kitty we enjoy to hurt

b:chuckle
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So many holier-than-thou attitudes...it's depressing.
  • MrChrist - Heavens Tear
    MrChrist - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010

*awkward cough*
    If you see this message, it means there is something Jesus-related and I am trolling it.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hrmm... cleric causes squad wipe cuz it thinks I'm wearing a charm....

BOOOT!!

I have a whole list of ladies that have an inordinate obsession with never letting my health be less than 100% (its actually quite annoying at times b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

Pssstt.... we clerics, you catperson, you're so right: it's depressing b:chuckle

BOOOT!!

I have a whole list of ladies that have an inordinate obsession with never letting my health be less than 100% (its actually quite annoying at times b:laugh)

System : " you can't perform this action while dead "
    You can always drop squad though. I'll keep you wine money, BYE!!
    b:pleased
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010

BOOOT!!

i love when my barbs freak out and turtle or top when their hp go below 1/4

it s 'about to throw heal or two' time for me then b:shy
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think most of the barbs posting here have kind of misunderstood the OP's intent; it's not to convince the entire cleric community to just let barbs start charm tanking. It was more like a hypothetical thought puzzle. We all <3 our barbs, they have so much more hp than those silly fist bms.

I've said it before, an uncharmed barb is like a well-behaved child. You don't really have to babysit him, just let him do his own thing. Go get a glass of wine or something, come back in 5 and toss an ironheart. He'll be fine, I promise.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've said it before, an uncharmed barb is like a well-behaved child. You don't really have to babysit him, just let him do his own thing. Go get a glass of wine or something, come back in 5 and toss an ironheart. He'll be fine, I promise.

100% agree. I prefer squad with uncharmed barbs that let me do my job rather than charmed barbs that QQ every time their HP is gettin close, or below 50%
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think most of the barbs posting here have kind of misunderstood the OP's intent; it's not to convince the entire cleric community to just let barbs start charm tanking. It was more like a hypothetical thought puzzle. We all <3 our barbs, they have so much more hp than those silly fist bms.

It's amusing when they freak out and act like we're letting them die, when really we're just conserving mana. >.> I do this all the time with uncharmed barbs, should be common knowledge by now, shouldn't it?
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    "Should" != "Is" My opinion, for just about any instance outside of territory wars, an hp charm on a barb effectively cuts his hp in half, because I am loathe to let that charm tick. No charm = double the hp pool = more dd from me.
    edited April 2010
    ot

yea, charmed barb is like fist bm :/ i wonder why they just dont use bronze charms and put it on certain boss that they are afraid so much

/ot
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• _Pale - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I don't care much if they wear a charm or not, I prefer no charm

Just don't QQ and moan about it. That's just begging for pain
  • Meur - Dreamweaver
    Meur - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Noticed a lot of people tend to assume certain traits just by class not taking into consideration that anyone can play any class b:bye
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah that's when u force log out and have the cleric try to see how good she is a tanking...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah that's when u force log out and have the cleric try to see how good she is a tanking...

looks like a certain gender is more likely to be associated with a cleric too lol. and the poster above me is right. i am not trying to kill your charm, just wana get that 1 tick :D
    (and dont tell me you have 2mil hp and 1 tick would cost you at least 1 gold charm)
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Noticed a lot of people tend to assume certain traits just by class not taking into consideration that anyone can play any class b:bye

I violently disagree. Some people just don't have the right mindset for certain classes, and can't play them to save their soul. X_X
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    ===!!!WE IZ DEMONIC EBIL KITTY KILLERZZZ!!!===

b:sin *laughs maniacally without restraint* b:sin

oops... busted...b:shutup
  • SolaLuz - Sanctuary
    SolaLuz - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've been in many runs with both charmed and uncharmed barbs. I've had a few invoke, use pots, or even let their charm tick, so I could throw a heal on another squad member, debuff or an attack. b:pleased

Then there is the odd one that throws a tantrum when I do any of those, even after I have stacked several heals on them and go right back to healing after.

I understand my main job is to keep the tank alive, but clerics are given other skills, why give them to us if we're not to use them?

In a weekend I can go through a spirit charm spam healing or bbing several runs I was voluntold to go on. I don't QQ, because I know that's why I bought it, that's why it's there.

I've been told, you respect and protect the Cleric, they keep you and your squad alive.
    I have also heard, respect the Barb and keep them alive, or there will be a squad wipe.

If the Barb dies, a cleric can lay a few IH's on whom ever gets next aggro, revives barb and heals new/temp tank till barb is ready to go again, I've had it happen, no wipe.
    (I know I let a barb die, he arma'd to pull a boss and thought it was funny)

If the Cleric dies, there are no heals for the tank, and invoke only lasts so long. I've also had this happen, there was a wipe, as well as a Cleric that has to use a res scroll or go to town, losing a larger % of their exp.

Sure I've let a few charms tick, some i've been told to let tick, but Charms are there for the tick, to help the Cleric keep you alive. It's what it is made for.
    9x (soon to be 100) ninja boom cleric. b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Charms are there for the tick, to help the Cleric keep you alive. It's what it is made for.

^ This

People don't really understand that part too well...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cant say im a fan of this thread
    im never charmed and i still do my job tanking well, charms are only for TW's or PvP.
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cant say im a fan of this thread
    im never charmed and i still do my job tanking well, charms are only for TW's or PvP.

Can't say I quite agree with this statement, however they're very useful in those situations. Their main purpose, as has been stated, is to keep you alive longer. One of the main reasons a cleric is invited to parties is to try and prevent death, and occasionally this is hard to do which is where charms come in.

As for the original topic, have you tried "I didn't want to steal aggro DDing on my last BH so I took off my rings/orns/whatever has magic attack"? bit of a weak excuse, but you could probably sell it. b:chuckle
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as Qultor (good old cleric who quitted long ago) once said "a barbarian is not a tank without a charm"

its basically true, a a barb is just another squishy with crappy dmg even without. sure able to the job, but in case of problems, a squad wipe is more likely to happen.
    Yes a hp charm is not there for a barb to have as only heal, but when XX person dies, for cleric to rez / cleric DC for a sec etc. and whatever can happen.
    a cleric use one hell of alot of mana to keep tank alive, but yet alot of barbs dont even dare to have a charm to save their group, ironic huh?

atleast what i see on DW. barbs do their mistakes, are uncharmed and blame cleric for too slow heal or whatever.

Hp charm for barb should be as important as mp food/ mp charm for cleric.
    aka should always be equipped, even tho the specific barb not see it as important, the group will be thankful.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited April 2010
    tho, tanks death rarely means squad wipe

oww and btw, i personally hate charmed barbs in places they dont need it , and i know im not alone with that hate b:chuckle

• tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as Qultor (good old cleric who quitted long ago) once said "a barbarian is not a tank without a charm"

its basically true, a a barb is just another squishy with crappy dmg even without. sure able to the job, but in case of problems, a squad wipe is more likely to happen.
    Yes a hp charm is not there for a barb to have as only heal, but when XX person dies, for cleric to rez / cleric DC for a sec etc. and whatever can happen.
    a cleric use one hell of alot of mana to keep tank alive, but yet alot of barbs dont even dare to have a charm to save their group, ironic huh?

atleast what i see on DW. barbs do their mistakes, are uncharmed and blame cleric for too slow heal or whatever.

Hp charm for barb should be as important as mp food/ mp charm for cleric.
    aka should always be equipped, even tho the specific barb not see it as important, the group will be thankful.
    +! on this
    but with no QQing everytime charm ticks. Our MP charm ticks tons compare to barb's HP charm