Remove the ability to hide when under attack for sins

Bruxie - Harshlands
Bruxie - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
Please consider removing the ability to hide for sins when they are under attack. Once the combat has started assassins should not be able to hide. It's the minimum required to balance pvp a little between sins and other professions of around the same level.

Do we all have to reroll as assassins to abuse the unfair pvp system and overpowered assassin skills?
Post edited by Bruxie - Harshlands on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQmoar, sins are so Over Powered *insert sarcastic voice into that*

If you can't defeat a sin, then you have no idea what your doing and you don't belong in PK or duels.

/inb4lock
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQQQ, pls remove the ability of BM's to stunlock me. It makes killing them so hard.

Stealth is part of the sin fighting system buddy, deal with it
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this is sooo QQ... haha get over it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Bruxie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    It's actually funny that the first 2 people who did reply to this thread are from carebear servers and as such I doubt they have any pvp experience other than dueling.

I suggest you reroll on Harslands or Lost City to find out what pvp is.

Also i didn't question the ability of sins to stealth but the ability to disappear when fighting someone.
    edited April 2010
    but i mean, thatz all yer doing iz complaining, I'm not saying it doeznt get annoying, but every class haz something to help them, right?

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's actually funny that the first 2 people who did reply to this thread are from carebear servers and as such I doubt they have any pvp experience other than dueling.

Also i didn't question the ability of sins to stealth but the ability to disappear when fighting someone.

I try to keep an open mind, but i'm fed up to the back teeth of PvP only players assuming PvE server players have no PvP experience. Did it never occur that we may have played previously or after the character we post with on a PvP server? Not to mention the fact that PvE servers still have PvP events, duelling, TW and PKing. We can disable PvP protection. It's called Player vs. Player not Player vs. anyone that dares to step outside of a safe zone. PvP does not mean PK only.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
    edited April 2010
    ^this.. lovely wayy of defending that cause.. lmao

• BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well the general topic is fail...just QQing...and bout the pvp server..lol are you really thinking just because you have no safe button after lvl 30 you are the god of pvp? The only thing you are good at is getting ganked and...yes getting ganked. Or well, gank lowbies(at ur lvl it is possible). Thats it, and i wouldn't be so proud about that. The pvp experience comes when you hit lvl 80+. And by that time players on pve servers are alraedy out to pvp.
    So how about you shut up and actually try to think.
    I try to keep an open mind, but i'm fed up to the back teeth of PvP only players assuming PvE server players have no PvP experience. Did it never occur that we may have played previously or after the character we post with on a PvP server? Not to mention the fact that PvE servers still have PvP events, duelling, TW and PKing. We can disable PvP protection. It's called Player vs. Player not Player vs. anyone that dares to step outside of a safe zone. PvP does not mean PK only.

second that aswell....
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I assume you, as lvl 53, know all about pvp from the moment you created a char on a pvp server ? /lowiqftw
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want chicken nuggets.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have no problem with the dissappearing during combat. Many other games have that feature in a stealth class, its part of the general architype in fact. However there are some balance issues that i do think might need addressing.

For instance, a sin should not be able to stand 2 feet away from you remaining in stealth, many games have a certain proximity in which they become visible, smaller in the back & varying on level difference of course.

Also this game does lack True AoE. Most games, when you launch an AoE, anything in its range will be hit including an invisible stealth class. This game merely figures out what is targettable in range & hits them all, somehow missing the stealthed sin, as they werent in existence when AoE programming was developed. Also, if doing an AoE around the caster, why should i need a target? Many games allow you to fire off AoEs without a target, and hope to pop that suspected stealther out of stealth mode.

So leave forced stealth alone, but some anti-stealth measures present in other games need to be implemented for this game.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I assume you, as lvl 53, know all about pvp from the moment you created a char on a pvp server ? /lowiqftw

A 5x on the less populated PvP server obviously knows more than any 9x could POSSIBLY know on a PvE server, right? Especially since every PvE player's mouse breaks when it inches its way towards that pretty little button that turns you whitename. It's literally impossible to go whitename on a PvE server so you must know nothing.

.../sarcasm for the inevitable flamers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQQQ, pls remove the ability of BM's to stunlock me. It makes killing them so hard.

ya their stunlocks makes them so hard to kill Q_Q
    nevermind that it be melee range. b:chuckle
    I want chicken nuggets.

me want to try the "tofu nuggets"
    A 5x on the less populated PvP server obviously knows more than any 9x could POSSIBLY know on a PvE server, right? Especially since every PvE player's mouse breaks when it inches its way towards that pretty little button that turns you whitename. It's literally impossible to go whitename on a PvE server so you must know nothing.

.../sarcasm for the inevitable flamers

teh gasp~
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On topic:
    While you're at it,
    remove the
    1.BM Stunning abilities
    2.Archer's range and barrage
    3.Wizzies sutra and undine and what nit
    4.clerics heals and buffs
    5.Barbs' Armageddeon
    6.Veno's nix and herc
    7.Psychcis fast channeling time

Off topic:
    Now who wants some hamster nuggets b:sin
    edited April 2010
    Also this game does lack True AoE. Most games, when you launch an AoE, anything in its range will be hit including an invisible stealth class. This game merely figures out what is targettable in range & hits them all, somehow missing the stealthed sin, as they werent in existence when AoE programming was developed. Also, if doing an AoE around the caster, why should i need a target? Many games allow you to fire off AoEs without a target, and hope to pop that suspected stealther out of stealth mode.

So leave forced stealth alone, but some anti-stealth measures present in other games need to be implemented for this game.

I thought stealth sins do get hit by an AoE when they're in range. Why else whould they avoind the central lane in TW if not to avoind the AoE's it's filled with.
    Than again that is a thing I have no experiance with. Usually I'm no target for sins. The only time I was was when I was bashing the binding post for chi with 3 others, sin poped up and did some AoE's including bramble rage. When he realized it didn't really hurt me, he was gone again. b:cry
    The min after I called my own fac's lvl 95 sin to scope out the spot, as it was the binding post our forces were using. I asume it didn't end verry good for the poor guy b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQ much.... wow...
    its not like pve server don't have/do pvp. Srsly im in pk now. And i can tell you, sins force stealth is not OP.

In fact listen to this
    Me and some other sins went to gank a cleric in stealth(cheap? so what >.>). As we got near the cleric, a high lvl barb rushed in and boom armaggedon, killed us and the cleric. That, is not OP nor cool... but is sure as hell was funny lol. I was already in stealth so what can force stealth do when im dead ?
    A cleric once used tempest to try to kill my squad and got one of us, then sleeped me with genie and one hit me with thunder. Force stealth canNOT save you there.

Anyways force stealth is not as great as your thinking. Cleric is channeling tempest or wizzy channeling a move, force stealth does NOT save you, you still get hit cause the player already targeted you and started the atk. I can tell you many stories, just to prove to all you ppl that sins arn't unfair. They require alot of tacticsa and planning, you getting ownt just mean you not skilled enough. so stop QQing and start learning how to play you class like a pro, like me b:laugh. Ok not like me >.>

P.S : send round those nuggets. o.0

~ fan of Silvy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010

It's called force stealth.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I got to agree with most of the others here. While it maybe be a bit unbalanced, it's not totally hopeless if a sin ambushes you.

You just have to be prepared.

Just look at your skills, items, etc. and ask "how can this help me against an ambush?".
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    actually im guessing some of you guys don't know this but if you use a DoT on a sin while in combat they cannot disappear as long as the DoT is till active. So think about staking some poison/bleed skills against sins to keep them from running away. However it goes withougth saying that TB are a bit over powered in PvP if you ever fight one that knows what there doing . There a new race thought it will take a while for them to be completely balanced.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please consider removing the ability to hide for sins when they are under attack. Once the combat has started assassins should not be able to hide. It's the minimum required to balance pvp a little between sins and other professions of around the same level.

Do we all have to reroll as assassins to abuse the unfair pvp system and overpowered assassin skills?

idiot ... /10char

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bruxie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    actually im guessing some of you guys don't know this but if you use a DoT on a sin while in combat they cannot disappear as long as the DoT is till active. So think about staking some poison/bleed skills against sins to keep them from running away. However it goes withougth saying that TB are a bit over powered in PvP if you ever fight one that knows what there doing . There a new race thought it will take a while for them to be completely balanced.

Now that is a nice tip I had no idea about. Even this BM that I basically stopped playing since august last year could benefit from.

But the most important now is that my 8x archer can now use serrated arrow skill to prevent sins from disappearing during fight.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010

srsly?
    hmm...mayhaps wizards will have to start leveling up....pitfall or crown of fire b:spit
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

Seriusly? That's interesting. Mostly cause my sin can perfectly force stealth with a mob's DoT on him.
    Gues that's a good starter than for vs sins.

@Hamsta:
    I already have pitfal at lvl 10b:chuckle
    Was using it as a filler in my macro for frost bosses, so dicided to go ahead and get it to lvl 10 for that little bit of extra DoT dmg b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010

QQ more, my barb can't PVP for jack and an assassin barely scratches him

If you on a PK server and in "PVP experience" because your on a PK server. I must say you really don't know how to play your BM. Roll a sin and try to fight a BM that knows how to PVP before you cry about their stealth. You can just stun lock them for crying out loud

@ magic hamsta you kidding me? thats a really good wizard skill o.0. I always kill with those DOTs and pitfall having freeze, you must be kidding.

5.Barbs' Armageddeon

I can do fine without armageddon, even as pure VIT, I do respectable damage with... devour and beastial onslaught b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Did anyone actually test that DoT's knock a sin out of stealth or is that just theorycraft? Due to DoT mechanics I doubt it would work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    stop over-analyse everything.
    just enjoy the thought of it working for a while :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no it doesn't knock them out of stealth they just cant activate stealth as long as the DoT is active its happened to me vs. sins a lot since i prefer to fight in tiger form and i always flesh ream.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You can just stun lock them for crying out loud
    Maybe you should roll a sin and learn their skills first b:cute

Maze Steps
    Mana 100
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 90.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Increases own movement speed by 100%,
    Immune to Stun and Immobilize. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Costs 1 Spark

If you think a spark is too much to ask for (and apoth pots and genies with Fortify as well), there's:

Inner Harmony
    Mana 168.0
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Transcendent
    Instantly gain 200 Chi.
    @ magic hamsta you kidding me? thats a really good wizard skill o.0. I always kill with those DOTs and pitfall having freeze, you must be kidding.
    15% freeze? too unreliable if you ask me.

And the damage is kinda sad in later levels because there's no damn weapon modifier b:angry

I mostly use pitfall or crown of flame to finish mobs with low hp left -> cheap in mana (lvl1 spell) and does good damage since it still deals the "base magic damage".
  • Evarella - Raging Tide
    Evarella - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    He's half right actually. Assassins have the advantage in PvP by simply being able to land a first attack. Once the combat enables, they're presence is obviously known. So it doesn't make any sense that they're still invisible. I don't think the stealth should be removed from PvP, but I do think some minor revisions should be made just for the sake of fairness in PvP b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bruxie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    He's half right actually. Assassins have the advantage in PvP by simply being able to land a first attack. Once the combat enables, they're presence is obviously known. So it doesn't make any sense that they're still invisible. I don't think the stealth should be removed from PvP, but I do think some minor revisions should be made just for the sake of fairness in PvP b:cute

Actually I wrote the initial post because when i was fighting a sin (on my archer) and I was 1 or 2 hits away from killing him he simply disappeared. Waited for his hp/genie to refill/cooldown and reappeared to attack again. This happened a few times on 2 occasions.

Well now at least I know what skills I'll try to prevent this.