Why do people cry when people camp an area on a PVP server?

Options
Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
by bro was on his level 34 Sin and was camping the great lake.. he killed the same physic, blademaster and asssin like 20 times... they were all ******** and than a level 85 archer came and killed my brother lmao...

it was jokes.. but why were people QQing about being camped by someone that was near or their level? its not like a level 70 like me was camping there.. (i usually camp hidden orchird and try to get noobs killed by mobs so they lose exp... or i fly around killing clerics that are in a squad tanking a boss).

basically if u dont want to get PKed.. GTFO a PVP server and go back the the pansy PVE servers full of girls and gutless players
Post edited by Genghis_Khan - Harshlands on

Comments

• saphire1960
    saphire1960 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    by bro was on his level 34 Sin and was camping the great lake.. he killed the same physic, blademaster and asssin like 20 times... they were all ******** and than a level 85 archer came and killed my brother lmao...

it was jokes.. but why were people QQing about being camped by someone that was near or their level? its not like a level 70 like me was camping there.. (i usually camp hidden orchird and try to get noobs killed by mobs so they lose exp... or i fly around killing clerics that are in a squad tanking a boss).

basically if u dont want to get PKed.. GTFO a PVP server and go back the the pansy PVE servers full of girls and gutless players

you know there is pking and then there is just being an **** what you said about the people getting killed by mobs is a bannable offense.
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Name: (you will see)
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know there is pking and then there is just being an **** what you said about the people getting killed by mobs is a bannable offense.

ahh no.. i make them run away and they end up aggroing like 10 mobs.. the result they end up dead.. not my fault.. you could have stayed and fought me or you could have FLOWN away
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1)why don't you like girls? girls are sexy

2)you can mob-pk on PvE servers too, if thats what you classify as PK then every server is pk

3)how is hiding in stealth mode as an assassin and ambushing not gutless?

maybe you (or your brother b:chuckle) should do some actual PKing, on any server, and then talk about it. Clown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Running through and PKing everyone once is RPK, and fine. Camping one spot and PKing the same people over and over is camping, and is bannable. As is getting people killed by mobs, btw.

A lot of low levels don't realize that sometimes they can fight back. I remember helping a lowbie being PKed by a redname around her level, and after killing them once, I told her how to kill them and she got them next time they came around. Lowbies tend to assume that if the person killed them, they have no chance of killing the person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Let me change your question around ... why do people cry when people don't like being PK'ed? If you thought they liked it, you wouldn't do it, right? Are you really expecting a polite "Thank you?"
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    (i usually camp hidden orchird and try to get noobs killed by mobs so they lose exp... because i really suck at PK and can only kill lowbies since im a big nub or i fly around killing clerics that are in a squad tanking a boss).

Fixed

/10char
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^this

Cool I'm on Harshlands. Can't wait to run into you and your "bro". BTW whats his char's name again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Let me change your question around ... why do people cry when people don't like being PK'ed? If you thought they liked it, you wouldn't do it, right? Are you really expecting a polite "Thank you?"

The point he's trying to make is about the fact that said players made the conscious decision to join a PvP server, and then cry when it's not all lollipops and rainbows, and someone actually kills them. Despite the crude way he put it, I see a few things here.

1. All players involved chose the server to play on, allowing themselves to be attacked.
    2. Said PKing player was not a high level, but of the same level of the people he was killing.
    3. Said PKees spent time whining about being killed, rather than ganging up and taking down said PKer.
    4. Some high level came and one shot said PKer. Said player may, or may not, have been called, but still proves that there are always bigger fish, and those who would just as easily kill those killing others.
    5. His brother spent a long time killing the same players over and over again.

So, despite the camping of said players, which again, could have been stopped by the players growing a backbone and working together, I completely see the OP's point. They are on a PvP server, against a single player, yet whine repeatedly when they die, because they are on said PvP server, and actually got killed. Players like this annoy the hell out of me, even on a PvE server, because you have even less excuse for going into PK mode there. You can spend the entire game blue, and not be attacked. I've had noobs whine, and complain at me for killing them once, when they were Red. So, I guess, to really answer the OPs question, all that really has to be said is this:

People are stupid, and act like they are the most important thing in the world. When that doesn't happen, they'll cry, to, or about, whoever caused their little happy world to fall apart.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well sorry, but getting killed FOR WHATEVER "REASON" is what happens on PK servers. This is why they are called PK-servers, and not Duel-servers.

There doesn't have to be a reason, and if camping is bannable... fine, although I don't understand why that would make sense. If a party of lvl 500 players considers it fun to roam around in lvl 1 areas, fine. Again, that's standard PK --- nobody ever demanded that PK has to be "fair".

You don't like it, you don't play on PK servers --- you will never find me on a PK server or in a PK game, ever. Simple as that.

As for letting monsters "PK" you --- I always thought this doesn't even work in PW. I've played games where it was possible, but for PW I was under the impression that monsters just turn on a yellow glow and walk back to their spawn point before aggroing a new target. Either way, if it is possible then it should be disabled by fixing the code, not by declaring it's bannable --- that doesn't work anyway (ever seen a GM in a F2P game? And how should they monitor everything? Granted, the game could store a few minutes of activity with every char, and save that semi-permanently when you die so GMs could verify any claims, but I don't think any game does that).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The point he's trying to make is about the fact that said players made the conscious decision to join a PvP server, and then cry when it's not all lollipops and rainbows, and someone actually kills them. Despite the crude way he put it, I see a few things here.

1. All players involved chose the server to play on, allowing themselves to be attacked.
    2. Said PKing player was not a high level, but of the same level of the people he was killing.
    3. Said PKees spent time whining about being killed, rather than ganging up and taking down said PKer.
    4. Some high level came and one shot said PKer. Said player may, or may not, have been called, but still proves that there are always bigger fish, and those who would just as easily kill those killing others.
    5. His brother spent a long time killing the same players over and over again.

So, despite the camping of said players, which again, could have been stopped by the players growing a backbone and working together, I completely see the OP's point. They are on a PvP server, against a single player, yet whine repeatedly when they die, because they are on said PvP server, and actually got killed. Players like this annoy the hell out of me, even on a PvE server, because you have even less excuse for going into PK mode there. You can spend the entire game blue, and not be attacked. I've had noobs whine, and complain at me for killing them once, when they were Red. So, I guess, to really answer the OPs question, all that really has to be said is this:

People are stupid, and act like they are the most important thing in the world. When that doesn't happen, they'll cry, to, or about, whoever caused their little happy world to fall apart.

this i basically didnt feel like wring an essay to explain my point.. thanks for doing so though
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this i basically didnt feel like wring an essay to explain my point.. thanks for doing so though

No problem. I used to play games where you could actually make a living from drops of those you PKed. This game's PK system is... How to say it nicely... Not so much fun. So seeing people whine about dying here annoys me even more. Part of the reason I play on the PvE servers is due to the lack of fun in PvP, the other part is that my friends all chose Sanctuary. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the PvP here, but there's no real reward for it. Not like games where you could make enough money just killing noobs and selling drops to afford anything you could ever need, you know?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Running through and PKing everyone once is RPK, and fine. Camping one spot and PKing the same people over and over is camping, and is bannable. As is getting people killed by mobs, btw.

Actually, I would say that camping an area is fine as long as you're not discriminating on who you are killing. If you are truly RPKing, it should be fine, especially if the area you are camping is the same-level quest area you belong in.

Camping one spot and killing KOS if you are not RPKing should also be allowed.

However camping one particular person and letting everyone else live should be bannable as that is truly griefing.

A lot of low levels don't realize that sometimes they can fight back. I remember helping a lowbie being PKed by a redname around her level, and after killing them once, I told her how to kill them and she got them next time they came around. Lowbies tend to assume that if the person killed them, they have no chance of killing the person.

And that is why it shouldn't be bannable... because you have the choice to try to fight back, and indeed in many cases on a PvP server, if you're in a lowbie area, the people pking are often your level and you do have a valid chance against them.

If they turn out to be higher level, call for reinforcements... a tele can go a long way to clearing rpk red names from an area if you're lower level.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SpiritReaver - Raging Tide
    SpiritReaver - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Camping is defidently bannable, by doing so you may be denying other players the game(i.e. secret passage).
  • Kezuki - Lost City
    Kezuki - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^
    He's right. Especially when you can 1 shot them and doing it over and over makes the game unfair. And thats what basically make people quit. Being an unfair game. However, I don't mind if they pked me once (If 3 times I usually send a report because thats gonna lead the higher lvl coming back for more). I understand its a PvP server, and I chose it because a PvE server would be dull so I chose this.

However, I do nowtice that theres an area (In Lost City) that people usually pk around. If you were in the Zone, Heavens Tear, ecpected to be pked, and don't even send a ticket, because thats where usually high levels meet and pk each other. If you're doing quests (Lvl 30 Heaven Tear) move to the backest place where more mobs are so pkers don't see you. If they do pk you for 30 times, make an army or send a ticket, thats just plain wrong.

In West Gate however, don't make excuses to be killed. That place is where lvl 20 do quests, and if youre 30 and over, people will think that you want to pk. So if you die, do not moan about it. Its your choice of staying there. So if you think you can't pk any around there, go to town. Because its worst if you QQ and then ask for a res, they will probably kill you over and over.

Yes, thats all about Lost City, but the point is, Be fair. and no, I don't cry when I get pked, I just go to town and look for a different spot to grind/do quest etc.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe pk is evil. God says no pk or hear thy wrath b:angry
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

People that play MMOs usually have more fragile emotions, and anything like that hurts them. It's really hard to accept when you get pushed around in schools, and when you go to a game to try to escape the bullying, you still get it.

I mean what do you expect them to do/say? "lol, you got me good!", or "Haha, I guess I shouldn't have tried leveling today!"?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To me ganking others shows no skill what so ever actually it is the direct opposite.You want to show and see how skilled you are then have a match of 6 vs 6 all lvl90s same lvl.I coulld show you youtube video of balanced pvp play but it would mean mention the name of the game which is forbidden.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pk altogether is such a lame excuse for pvp i can't even describe it
    even on p2p game and in f2p games it's just a big joke
    that's why i roll pve servers because i can't imagine the amouth of a$$holeness i have to put up with on a pvp one
    it's for people who are unable to compete in real pvp and would use any dirty trick in a book to have you killed
    it's a competition of who's the biggest idiot and god knows i don't play games to put up with idiots i meet enough of them in RL anyway
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pk altogether is such a lame excuse for pvp i can't even describe it
    even on p2p game and in f2p games it's just a big joke
    that's why i roll pve servers because i can't imagine the amouth of a$$holeness i have to put up with on a pvp one
    it's for people who are unable to compete in real pvp and would use any dirty trick in a book to have you killed
    it's a competition of who's the biggest idiot and god knows i don't play games to put up with idiots i meet enough of them in RL anyway
    This is a fail post for many reasons.
    A) Your grammar is killing me
    B) There are still asses on PvE servers.
    C) Some use dirty tricks, some do not. Don't group everyone in a sentence.
    D) If you claim everyone who PKs is an idiot, your saying that everyone that has went to PK at least once is an idiot.

End post.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to bad no jail system on pvp cause really its pathetic and out of control on how people just like to kill people cause its a pvp server.Im a person who would fight if provoked,not just going to go pick on some tom,**** or harry to kill over and over again its lame..may a piano fall on your lil bro.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Camping is defidently bannable, by doing so you may be denying other players the game(i.e. secret passage).

WRONG.

Camping an area is fine and it is not bannable. Keeping people from completing their cultivation quests is bannable. If Secret Passage wasn't part of a culti chain, GMs would allow people to camp it. However, it is not, so when you camp it, you prevent people from completing mandatory cultivation quests, and that is what gets you banned.

You may camp Vol 29, you may camp West Gate, you may camp the spot between Town of Arrivals and TT entrance, you may camp many other places on the map that don't involve Cultivation quests... GMs seem to be picky about people camping MQ for too long, but as far as I know, nobody has actually been banned for it so far... the only reason that they might ban it is because people actually PAID to have the quests made available to them.

Camping a specific individual is bannable. That is considered griefing, however you may kill them several times, but if you do it repetitively over the course of an hour or so while ignoring other people, you will most likely get banned for it.

to bad no jail system on pvp cause really its pathetic and out of control on how people just like to kill people cause its a pvp server.Im a person who would fight if provoked,not just going to go pick on some tom,**** or harry to kill over and over again its lame..may a piano fall on your lil bro.

PvP is far less brutal on a PvP server than on a PvE server. On a PvP server, anyone over 30 is game, so RPKers don't have a hard time finding different people to have fun with. On a PvE server, the PK enabled is a small group and if you're not high level, you're gonna get your **** handed to you over and over...
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mooman321 wrote: »
    ^this

Cool I'm on Harshlands. Can't wait to run into you and your "bro". BTW whats his char's name again?

Yeah i'm sure it was his brother too ;)
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WRONG.

Camping an area is fine and it is not bannable. Keeping people from completing their cultivation quests is bannable. If Secret Passage wasn't part of a culti chain, GMs would allow people to camp it. However, it is not, so when you camp it, you prevent people from completing mandatory cultivation quests, and that is what gets you banned.

You may camp Vol 29, you may camp West Gate, you may camp the spot between Town of Arrivals and TT entrance, you may camp many other places on the map that don't involve Cultivation quests... GMs seem to be picky about people camping MQ for too long, but as far as I know, nobody has actually been banned for it so far... the only reason that they might ban it is because people actually PAID to have the quests made available to them.

Camping a specific individual is bannable. That is considered griefing, however you may kill them several times, but if you do it repetitively over the course of an hour or so while ignoring other people, you will most likely get banned for it.

PvP is far less brutal on a PvP server than on a PvE server. On a PvP server, anyone over 30 is game, so RPKers don't have a hard time finding different people to have fun with. On a PvE server, the PK enabled is a small group and if you're not high level, you're gonna get your **** handed to you over and over...

This.

You already said your brother was camping the same people in the same area. As the post in the link clearly states, killing a person repeatedly as to prevent quest or game progression is likely against the ToS. Camping the same area is "setting yourself up for trouble."

Now, before anyone says anything, yes, the quote in the link was "he-who-must-not-be-named," but the post to pay attention to is Hawk's, who agreed with said quoted post. He still says to submit a ticket, as each case is different. However, the general nature is that what you're brother was (and even you) doing is more than likely a violation of the ToS. In terms of you purposely and with intent getting lower level players killed by mobs as to cause exp loss, that is a clear intent to prevent game progression. Even going by your own words saying it was all about the cultivation quests, they cannot get these quests if you prevent them from leveling by causing them to lose exp, or trying to do so with malicious intent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This.

You already said your brother was camping the same people in the same area. As the post in the link clearly states, killing a person repeatedly as to prevent quest or game progression is likely against the ToS. Camping the same area is "setting yourself up for trouble."

Now, before anyone says anything, yes, the quote in the link was "he-who-must-not-be-named," but the post to pay attention to is Hawk's, who agreed with said quoted post. He still says to submit a ticket, as each case is different. However, the general nature is that what you're brother was (and even you) doing is more than likely a violation of the ToS. In terms of you purposely and with intent getting lower level players killed by mobs as to cause exp loss, that is a clear intent to prevent game progression. Even going by your own words saying it was all about the cultivation quests, they cannot get these quests if you prevent them from leveling by causing them to lose exp, or trying to do so with malicious intent.

Read what you posted. If you focus and kill the same particular person over and over, that is greifing. if he happens to be the same person you're killing over and over with everyone else that goes there, like non-discriminatory killing, it is not bannable.

Camping a particular spot is NOT bannable. People camp and PvP Vol 29, MQ, West Gate all the time, nobody is ever banned for it.
    The word In this case, if any player is intentionally blocking off a region necessary for quest or game progression by PKing everyone who is trying to get through, then this could be considered a violation of the ToS.

i.e., Cultivation Quests. It has already been stated that normal quests are voluntary are are not necessary to progress in the game. No, I'm not going to look for it.

The main issue is "intent" though right? Think of it like this, if you are wandering around the world PKing everyone who you encounter, this is pretty much normal gameplay. If you decide, "Hey, I'm going to stay right here and kill every single person who comes by" you're setting yourself up for trouble if it is a place that people need to go.

PK in Secret Passage is bannable because it is a place people need to go. Heaven's Tear might also be bannable, but I have not yet heard about anyone being banned for PvP there.

Read the QQ about PK at Marriage Quest spots. Particular people submit screenshots day after day and the PKers never get banned... Why? Because it is not a necessary quest location, it is optional.

I know on our server, people have been warned after they have been camping a particular spot for an hour or more, but as long as you don't grief one particular person or couple, you are pretty much free to kill everyone that comes there.
  • ////III - Harshlands12
    ////III - Harshlands12 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1)why don't you like girls? girls are sexy
    Some girls are sexy, there are fat ones too
    2)you can mob-pk on PvE servers too, if thats what you classify as PK then every server is pk
    Not if they are blue, u cant scare them into running
    3)how is hiding in stealth mode as an assassin and ambushing not gutless?
    because the class is called ASSASIN. Why do barbs have so much hp? Why do BM stunlock? Why does wiz/psy hit like a truck? and you....archers...u got a lot of guts walkin around with 30% dex. *** U! *** U ALL TO HELL!!!
    maybe you (or your brother b:chuckle) should do some actual PKing, on any server, and then talk about it. Clown

oh hi, how are u today
  • ////III - Harshlands12
    ////III - Harshlands12 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    on a serious note though, if pw continues to be pansies and ban ppl that wish to PvP for ANY reason, they will lose a small base of players of hardcore pvpers. They are not large in numbers but most are rich. Reason we are on pvp server is bc we DONT want restrictions when we pk. If we have something against someone we want to be able to take it out on them over and over and over until they cry. That is why we roll on pvp server.

On a side note, does anyone know any mmorpgs where we can take off these damn skirts that pwi has put on players?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    (i usually camp hidden orchird and try to get noobs killed by mobs so they lose exp... or i fly around killing clerics that are in a squad tanking a boss).

Sounds fun, I'll be looking for you. b:cute
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I camp on my 3x assassin on Lc from time to time and people get pissed saying there going to get me banned or get there main lol, I do it for the lols and the QQ.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Camping a particular spot is NOT bannable. People camp and PvP Vol 29, MQ, West Gate all the time, nobody is ever banned for it.

Wrong, sorry. Thanks for playing, here are some nice parting gifts ...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7132962&highlight=quest#post7132962
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Wrong, sorry. Thanks for playing, here are some nice parting gifts ...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7132962&highlight=quest#post7132962

I guess you didn't read the post directly under the GM's post with a quote with the response to their ticket, did you? Let me quote it for you again:
    Re: [PWE Customer Service #KBX-11449-388] Hello,

It is not against the rules to PK on a PVP server. The only area where this is unacceptable is if it is in the Secret Passage entrance hallway or if it is in the bugged corner of the Cube of Fate.

Regards.

Thanks for playing. Exit stage right.

(It's always good to make sure to read other posts, especially if they're under one you link to, before you chastise somebody else about being wrong. Otherwise, you look stupid.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.