Why do people cry when people camp an area on a PVP server?

Options
2»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Wrong, sorry. Thanks for playing, here are some nice parting gifts ...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7132962&highlight=quest#post7132962
    But camping someone so they cant finish MQ, or just killing everyone that tries to do the quest and camp the spot will most likely get you banned
    This is correct ----^

You're on LC. Name someone who has actually been banned for camping MQ. Koi does it, Spec has done it, we've done it...

Who has been banned?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i usually camp hidden orchird and try to get noobs killed by mobs so they lose exp... or i fly around killing clerics that are in a squad tanking a boss
    that is so pro
    1)why don't you like girls? girls are sexy
    indeed we are
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess you didn't read the post directly under the GM's post with a quote with the response to their ticket, did you? Let me quote it for you again:

The GM quote you're referring to only says, "It is not against the rules to PK on a PVP server." It really says nothing about camping. The original poster claims to have made it clear that "camping" was involved, but that's always a judgement call and up to the discretion of the individual GM. I really don't see those two GM quotes as being contradictory. All they show unambiguously is that different people draw a different line between plain old PK-ing and camping.
    You're on LC. Name someone who has actually been banned for camping MQ. Koi does it, Spec has done it, we've done it...

Who has been banned?

There's really no way to respond to that, since you know there is no discussion of bans. As a result, there's no way for me to know who was or wasn't banned for camping, and if I did (I don't), I wouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

Having said that, I'm fairly certain that several members Spectral were at least sternly warned if not banned for camping WQ29 back when I was on their KOS. I know the tickets I sent got positive responses and it mostly stopped or at least substantially decreased afterward (say I QQ'ed, I don't care; I think getting killed over 20 times in half an hour is a bit extreme and clearly unncessary; someone else actually submitted screenshots of 54 kills).

Koi has also changed their MQ camping practices quite a bit since the big thread about it on the Lost City forum. They still do it but not nearly as often and for much shorter durations. Maybe it's coincidence, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm not saying it's an insta-ban. Hell, nothing in this game involving GM action is instant. I'm sure you get a warning once, maybe twice, or even three times if you've spent enough money. But I certainly wouldn't want to be the test case nor the guy recommending that someone else be the test case.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know the tickets I sent got positive responses and it mostly stopped or at least substantially decreased afterward (say I QQ'ed, I don't care; I think getting killed over 20 times in half an hour is a bit extreme and clearly unncessary; someone else actually submitted screenshots of 54 kills).

So you had the brains to fly back there over and over again without the intention of fighting, just to see if you would get killed again so you could SS and submit a ticket? lol
  • drjiggle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So you had the brains to fly back there over and over again without the intention of fighting, just to see if you would get killed again so you could SS and submit a ticket? lol

Pretty much, yup. When you're level 7x getting killed by 3 well-organized squads (they'd often have scouts patrolling to see who was on their way) of 90+ cash shoppers at the same quest spot 5 days a week, there's really not an awful lot else you can do.

Who was I going to call for help? RageQuit? LOL. My "friends" in CQ? All that talk about how we were in bed with CQ was the same then that it is today -- BS that worked well to keep us on KOS but nothing more.

And it worked, too. b:chuckle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pretty much, yup. When you're level 7x getting killed by 3 well-organized squads (they'd often have scouts patrolling to see who was on their way) of 90+ cash shoppers at the same quest spot 5 days a week, there's really not an awful lot else you can do. And it worked, too. b:chuckle

Reroll PvE.

You and people like you have made this server a lot less fun than it used to be. By the time you're done leveling, you'll be lucky if you're even allowed to PK someone without asking a GM for prior approval.
  • drjiggle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You and people like you have made this server a lot less fun than it used to be. By the time you're done leveling, you'll be lucky if you're even allowed to PK someone without asking a GM for prior approval.

That's because you find it fun to build up your low self esteem by bullying people. Yes, it's true that I chose to accept that and allow it to happen when I joined a PVP server, but that doesn't change the facts.

If I walk to the store this afternoon, I accept that while I'm out, someone might shoot me or my house might get robbed. It's a PvP world, and I accepted that by living here, but those guys are still criminals.

And you and people like you are still punks.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's because you find it fun to build up your low self esteem by bullying people. Yes, it's true that I chose to accept that and allow it to happen when I joined a PVP server, but that doesn't change the facts.

Oh, do I? How many times have you seen me red name, or pking lowbies.... ever? I don't rpk, I don't kill lowbies, and I've actually never been blood red on this character. Sorry, you're wrong there.

If I walk to the store this afternoon, I accept that while I'm out, someone might shoot me or my house might get robbed. It's a PvP world, and I accepted that by living here, but those guys are still criminals.

And you and people like you are still punks.

This is a game, not real life. I guess you're relatively new here. The game was much more fun, even though I was the lowbie getting pk'd, I never complained... sure I got mad about it on more than a few occasions, but yeah, to sit there and write tickets... yes, this is a game, why don't you go do another quest, make a sandwich or do something more productive with your time than to submit tickets cause you picked a PvP server and are dying.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    making a sandwich sounds like a wonderful quest. extra sandwich making points for getting me one of these:

358845303_124344cc16.jpg
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • hopaqo
    hopaqo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Aryannamage
  • Kattelyn - Lost City
    Kattelyn - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Read what you posted. If you focus and kill the same particular person over and over, that is greifing. if he happens to be the same person you're killing over and over with everyone else that goes there, like non-discriminatory killing, it is not bannable.
    Camping a particular spot is NOT bannable. People camp and PvP Vol 29, MQ, West Gate all the time, nobody is ever banned for it.
    i.e., Cultivation Quests. It has already been stated that normal quests are voluntary are are not necessary to progress in the game. No, I'm not going to look for it.

PK in Secret Passage is bannable because it is a place people need to go. Heaven's Tear might also be bannable, but I have not yet heard about anyone being banned for PvP there.

Read the QQ about PK at Marriage Quest spots. Particular people submit screenshots day after day and the PKers never get banned... Why? Because it is not a necessary quest location, it is optional.

I know on our server, people have been warned after they have been camping a particular spot for an hour or more, but as long as you don't grief one particular person or couple, you are pretty much free to kill everyone that comes there.

You CAN get banned for griefing at MQ, fyi. However, you have to kill concentrate on ONE COUPLE and prevent them from completing the quest (problem is you cannot 'come back' to a MQ after you start it). A guy got banned after killing my hubby and me for over 2 hours to the point where we would be rezzed and he would just kill us before our hp was up again. Why? His answer was "he felt like it."
    So pkers beware....while pk is normal, its a bad idea to purposely try to make somebodies life hell. You can camp but its a very good idea to not grief and spread the pk over a group. I mean, on a PvP server there is no excuse. Walk 5 feet away and pk somebody else.

Oh, and before somebody asks why we didn't kill him...problem was he was like a lvl 100 sin. He went invisible every time another player targeted him...what a wussy. b:chuckle

Edit: And if the person you're griefing whispers you and you're actually dumb enough to admit to it in a whisper..then you should be banned for pure stupidity.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Closing this for the arguing and flaming in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.