Archers DO NOT suck

CrymsonLotus - Sanctuary
CrymsonLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Archer
Anyone that says archers suck is greatly mistaken just like any long range character they take a little finesse to master. I understand assassins are posing a problem for us and the endgame armor sucks cash like a hover wet jet, but come on archers can't be that bad can they?
Archer suck... come to think of it people said that about wizzies and in responds i created a wiz (lv.80 atm) that is capable of tanking fb 51 and 59 with a single (good) cleric.

idk maybe the upcoming archers can't handle the challenge.

What do you guy's think?
Do archers suck?? b:surrender

Also in no way am i saying wiz out beats and arch... Just stating they share the same stigma.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Duna Duna!!! I'm a winged humanoid shark.
Post edited by CrymsonLotus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A wiz tanking FB59 isn't all that impressive. FB51 is pretty easy too, with the exception of the second boss.

No one is saying archers suck. They're saying that at endgame you gotta spend a ****ton of cash to make them stack up vs other classes.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    After level 80s, archer's defense is lower compared to all the other classes due to the upgrade in skills for other classes, instance bosses/mobs have higher hp, other classes have higher damaging attacks. So all these factors sort of dwarfs the archer's offensive and defensive abilities. But yeah, I don't think archers suck, just makes it a whole lot more challenging to play than other classes. Even if you do spend alot of money, it only makes things a little easier, but still is difficult. As posted in another thread I recalled, a CV bow +10 will only do a few X00 damage on a wiz, while they can kill you still with an attack or two. All you can do is pray for those string of crits and purge your opponent's buffs to win. These difficulties had turned away many people from playing archers.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    archers do not suck, end of story.

but doing less than 1k dmg on a wizzy is no fun.

i do note that i can still take out wizzes aroudn my lvl without taking a hit from them, though.

Edit: yeah, tanking fb 59 is unimpressive.
  • CrymsonLotus - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    lol since most of you who replied can't read the title it "Archers DO NOT" Suck. I manly created this thread in responds to all of the ongoing archer bashing. b:angry

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=30151742

And i am not saying a LA Wiz tanking fb51 and 59 with only a cleric is impressive, i was using a wiz as a pure example of something that was bashed and has shown it's self to be quite a advisory (Not counting End-Game wiz which pwns). Personally i enjoy the archer a bit more... considering the lack of buffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anyone that says archers suck is greatly mistaken just like any long range character they take a little finesse to master. I understand assassins are posing a problem for us and the endgame armor sucks cash like a hover wet jet, but come on archers can't be that bad can they?
    Archer suck... come to think of it people said that about wizzies and in responds i created a wiz (lv.80 atm) that is capable of tanking fb 51 and 59 with a single (good) cleric.

idk maybe the upcoming archers can't handle the challenge.

What do you guy's think?
    Do archers suck?? b:surrender

I think you're lvl 32 and have no clue what so ever about archers.

Any class can tank fb59 already at lvl 70+. Any class can tank fb69, 79, 89 and 99 to with a decent cleric. Any class can tank any boss in TT. Doing it on a wizard is not a challenge, neither is doing it on an archer. Pve in general is not a challenge in this game which is why people mean "pvp" when they say archers suck.

Archers do sucks in pvp endgame if they only have average gear/refines. Than you cant kill anything and you will also get 1-2 shoot by everyone. Many other classes can have average refines/gear and still be decent due to builds, demon/sage skills and nix.

If archers have a relatively rich owner that can afford +10 weapon and +6+7 refines and all crucial lvl 11 skills, they will not suck. Than they will be rather balanced in pvp and fully able to compete against other classes, even tho they still will have the lowest defenses in the game.

Rank 8 archers +12 or Warsoul/Nirvana +12 with full set of interval gear and +10 refines is another story tho. They will say archers is the best pvp class in the game, which i guess is true if you can pay for it. If you have all the money in the world to pimp out a class archers will surely be among top 3 since they benefit a lot from gear. But cant really include them since vast majority of players will never pay for/reach that.
    edited April 2010
    I think you're lvl 32 and have no clue what so ever about archers.

Any class can tank fb59 already at lvl 70+. Any class can tank fb69, 79, 89 and 99 to with a decent cleric. Any class can tank any boss in TT.

Lv. means nothing I have seen lv.100 who can't even wipe the dirt off their face. Also I will pay 5mil to see a cleric and another cleric tank a TT hell any FB from 69-99. b:thanks.

Also I never said anything about myself as an archer, I'm just curious to hear about others people... input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lv. means nothing I have seen lv.100 who can't even wipe the dirt off their face. Also I will pay 5mil to see a cleric and another cleric tank a TT hell any FB from 69-99. b:thanks.

Don't make promises you don't intend to keep.

79 is definitely tankable by a cleric.

First boss is ranged physical: Plume Shell, bum rush him until he stops kiting, kill.
    Second boss is ranged magical: Kill.
    Third boss is ranged magical: Kill.
    Fourth boss is ranged magical: Kill.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am not one to comment but I would say they don't suck as I have seen some high lvl one in action.I as an Archer usually go through lots of mp pots.

I haven't been through 79 yet so I can't comment on that either as for clerics tanking it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am not one to comment but I would say they don't suck as I have seen some high lvl one in action.I as an Archer usually go through lots of mp pots.

I haven't been through 79 yet so I can't comment on that either as for clerics tanking it.

you wont use mp pots at all if you use winged shell regulary (pveb:surrender)
    i myself have played an archer to 8x and only had some small difficulties with charmed barbs. that was before genies and event crapb:surrender i would say you can match anyone around your lvl if you got similar refines..in the end everything gets measured in refinening and armor typeb:surrender but there is 2 thing archers always will exeel at (imo mostly females >_>)that is always having fashion that fits and that combat stanceb:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you wont use mp pots at all if you use winged shell regulary (pveb:surrender)
    i myself have played an archer to 8x and only had some small difficulties with charmed barbs. that was before genies and event crapb:surrender i would say you can match anyone around your lvl if you got similar refines..in the end everything gets measured in refinening and armor typeb:surrender but there is 2 thing archers always will exeel at (imo mostly females >_>)that is always having fashion that fits and that combat stanceb:dirty

I find winged shell isn't as good as it could be and to the last I find female Clerics to be the same if you ever saw mine.I look good in fashion and have great combat stance.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I love my Archer. I would never switch to an other class.
    I don't do dungeons often (except for BHs), and for normal grinding, I only need average (cheaper) armor. I 1v1 grind faster than a veno and probably lose less HP (mobs can't even reach me). I mainly use normal attacks and lvl1 skills, so I lose almost no mana and I have millions of spirit, lol. I'm also richer than most of my friends because I almost never buy skills. Gameplay is still fun as an archer, at lvl 86, I even enjoy grinding... xD
    Most people give up their archer because it's a challenging class (especially at lower lvls), but don't do it!!! Archers are awesome and they need more love!
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Also I never said anything about myself as an archer, I'm just curious to hear about others people... input.

My thanx for these comments. We can now accurately judge the worth of your words.
  • Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary
    Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I love my Archer. I would never switch to an other class.
    I don't do dungeons often (except for BHs), and for normal grinding, I only need average (cheaper) armor. I 1v1 grind faster than a veno and probably lose less HP (mobs can't even reach me). I mainly use normal attacks and lvl1 skills, so I lose almost no mana and I have millions of spirit, lol. I'm also richer than most of my friends because I almost never buy skills. Gameplay is still fun as an archer, at lvl 86, I even enjoy grinding... xD
    Most people give up their archer because it's a challenging class (especially at lower lvls), but don't do it!!! Archers are awesome and they need more love!

you use lv1 skills? doesn't that make it hard to get other skills later, like down the skill tree? or is that not the same for archers?
  • Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    My thanx for these comments. We can now accurately judge the worth of your words.

Lol, what are you the council of pwi forums? He asked for input not smartassery.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you use lv1 skills? doesn't that make it hard to get other skills later, like down the skill tree? or is that not the same for archers?

Knockback is usually kept at level 1 for mana efficiency purposes. I think that is what Archalt meant.
  • Lady_Yuny - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    In my opinion, being an archer is harder than say, a veno. And it does take finesse and you definitely have to build up a lot of strategy in order to do some things, like kill charmed barbs, etc. However, from what I have seen they are a very strong class, and to say that just because endgame takes money they suck is a bit contradictory. Go find any endgamer, of any class, and you'll find that 90% of them paid money for refines and whatnot. People tend to put money into the game, that doesn't make any class suck.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    archers have three problems:

no really huge spike damage,

no amazing dps

low defense

but they have some saving grace:

1) naturally, they have a higher chance of crit - crit good in terms of damage dealing.

2) they have the longest range - several good uses of that

3) clerics like me can benefit from the metal debuff - extra damage

4) HP reducing debuff has its uses

but they were never meant for

1) tanking anything(barb's job)
    2) spike damage( wizards job)
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010

i know clerics with exceptional gear, they can probably tank any FB. you'd just have to supply the mana charms on top of the 5m for them to put on such little shows for you
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wrong place, need to sleep after 26 hours I guess.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hilarious. So many people voted for archers not sucking then described in their posts all the reasons why they sucked b:chuckle
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Archers are still excellent in TW, we are usually ignored until someone is dead. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Meh, played an archer to lvl 50, Using a pure dex build he misses more than my tank build barb w/o using bloodbath.

Not saying archers can't be good, but for me the class truly sucked to play.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Do female archers not have the best annimations?

They totally kick ****.
    edited April 2010

I'm going to try and disprove these... mainly number 2 b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    archers have three problems:

no really huge spike damage,

no amazing dps

low defense

but they have some saving grace:

1) naturally, they have a higher chance of crit - crit good in terms of damage dealing.

2) they have the longest range - several good uses of that

3) clerics like me can benefit from the metal debuff - extra damage

4) HP reducing debuff has its uses

I'm sorry to inform you that barbs are no longer used to tank anything pve-related.
    The main tank in any instance these days is a Fist BM or a Fist archer. No clue what a barbs job is anymore, i guess hp-buffing the fist bm/archer and using Armageddon on everyone at West gate.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry to inform you that barbs are no longer used to tank anything pve-related.
    The main tank in any instance these days is a Fist BM or a Fist archer. No clue what a barbs job is anymore, i guess hp-buffing the fist bm/archer and using Armageddon on everyone at West gate.

cata pulling?
    ok barb tank still endlv so that enough much XD
  • MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I lol'd at this IRL.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2010

archer tanking = <3
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anyone on the recieving end of a +10 lunar bow can tell you archers don't suck lol. But yeah until they reach that point they are creampuffs b:laugh
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    idk y peps keep sayin that we dont hit wiz hard, i love smashin wiz. if they dont seal and one shot they better be ready to pot like a **** cuz they gonna die.