Archers DO NOT suck

13»

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that may be true, i'm not sure

but when you're mid levels, the difference between a good round of drops and a bad one during a quest is like 20k. difficulties with certain mobs (incr life, incr def) can be made easier this way, i'm not saying you do this for every mob that you need to kill. for example, do you care about drops when you're doing the daisy and dandelion quest to get a wolf heart from elite mobs? no, you don't, jump over that fence in front of fb19 so you can take out elite mobs safely.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • didi
    didi Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing that archers have weak defence because they equip with LA gears instead of strong magic defence like arcane or strong physical defence like heavy armour. Assuming that its true, then they should be compensated with higher damage skills so they can be competitive pvp in 1 vs 1.

On the other hand, you could just make them weak 1 vs 1 but make them vital in squade vs squade. What that could mean is, if u don't take out the cannons (archers) you will suffer great damage. or make them fast like hoseman, meaning, they are what u use to get to the clerics etc.
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    didi wrote: »
    I'm guessing that archers have weak defence because they equip with LA gears instead of strong magic defence like arcane or strong physical defence like heavy armour. Assuming that its true, then they should be compensated with higher damage skills so they can be competitive pvp in 1 vs 1.

On the other hand, you could just make them weak 1 vs 1 but make them vital in squade vs squade. What that could mean is, if u don't take out the cannons (archers) you will suffer great damage. or make them fast like hoseman, meaning, they are what u use to get to the clerics etc.
    Well the idea of an archer is you do physical to arcane uses and kite/use magic attacks against melee users.... This ontop of stuns and such aswell.

The only class archers have any real trouble with if played right is assassins.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They do suck.
    The only way to make an archer reasonable is +10 weap, otherwise they hit way too low, this automatically means they suck hard...

Btw if archers with +10 weap have trouble killing me(crappy gear) doesnt that also mean they just suck? :$
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the hill: this is to be taken advantage of similar to the tree, because you shoot at a straight line through the hill while the mob has to walk over the hill, you should always be at the opposite side of a hill than a mob as you start shooting.

ground mobs ignore teh z axis
    b:avoid
    me just saying
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They do suck.
    The only way to make an archer reasonable is +10 weap, otherwise they hit way too low, this automatically means they suck hard...

Oh?

I have a +5 weapon and it's one of the "fail" weapons for archers and I have fail sage cultivation and I have a fail build and yet I somehow manage to kill a fair number of characters in TW (except when I lag a lot, then I really do fail).

Then again when I went toe-to-toe with the guy that had that +12 heaven shatterer, that was an inconclusive fight (after maybe 10 seconds I ran away). I was not able to do enough damage to him to matter even if he did not have two clerics healing him, but he was not able to kill me even though I did not have any clerics healing me, and my armor is only +3. So maybe you would think that that means that archers with +12 weapons can not do reasonable damage??
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh?

I have a +5 weapon and it's one of the "fail" weapons for archers and I have fail sage cultivation and I have a fail build and yet I somehow manage to kill a fair number of characters in TW (except when I lag a lot, then I really do fail).

Then again when I went toe-to-toe with the guy that had that +12 heaven shatterer, that was an inconclusive fight (after maybe 10 seconds I ran away). I was not able to do enough damage to him to matter even if he did not have two clerics healing him, but he was not able to kill me even though I did not have any clerics healing me, and my armor is only +3. So maybe you would think that that means that archers with +12 weapons can not do reasonable damage??

For TW archers rule.
    1 v 1 we fail hard even with modest gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh?

maybe he was in the air and you were on the ground, maybe you ate an apoc, maybe you had wings of grace on, whatever. i can boast about tanking armas literally one after another after another with certain archer skills and pills during TW, does that mean archers don't have suck defense? no it doesn't

when people say endgame archers don't deal enough damage, they're talking triple pdef buffed wizards with garnet shards. some robe with full citrines and barely refined orns (yes, Nef has them too) doesn't count.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    maybe he was in the air and you were on the ground, maybe you ate an apoc, maybe you had wings of grace on, whatever.

This was Wizzled in the cube of fate that day when he was ambushing people by the entrance, and yes I was using wings of grace.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This was Wizzled in the cube of fate that day when he was ambushing people by the entrance, and yes I was using wings of grace.

Maybe he (and you to) was dealing half dmg lol. Pking in cube entrance is pretty hard as archer and most of the times you have to use mele skills/metal, the space where you can actually fight is very tiny compare to our range. Often you tend to deal half dmg there since you cant really kite away for full dmg w/o being back in sz b:cry.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Probably?

His most damaging hit was a bit over 3k.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ya wizards really suck b:shutup
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • hopaqo
    hopaqo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Says who archers at bad at PvP, they are literally the best class for PvP, well maybe between arch and mages. Has anyone checked PvP server ratings? Most of them are archers, with venos, barbs and wiz. Arch having edge over all the above certainly over Barbs+venos.

Simply put you have to be ranged to have best chances at PvP. The ratings prove that. Arch are not bad at all at PvP on the contrary. Only problem is lev up arch, which takes a lot of time and effort, secondly you need to spend a lot of dough. Something necessary for all classes if keen on PvP.

I repeat again arch are NOT bad at PvP, rather the best being ranged. The ratings on PvP say it all!!

b:pleased b:victory
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hopaqo wrote: »
    Says who archers at bad at PvP, they are literally the best class for PvP, well maybe between arch and mages. Has anyone checked PvP server ratings? Most of them are archers, with venos, barbs and wiz. Arch having edge over all the above certainly over Barbs+venos.

Simply put you have to be ranged to have best chances at PvP. The ratings prove that. Arch are not bad at all at PvP on the contrary. Only problem is lev up arch, which takes a lot of time and effort, secondly you need to spend a lot of dough. Something necessary for all classes if keen on PvP.

I repeat again arch are NOT bad at PvP, rather the best being ranged. The ratings on PvP say it all!!

b:pleased b:victory
    PvP rankings just tell you who's one-shot the most lowbies. Plus, I don't think they've been updated in months.

Yes, Archers have range. Guess what? Assassins have more of it, higher damage, and absurdly unbalanced skills.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Archers are the best for pk till 90s.

Only Main problem is their Self buff (sucks) and Their Type of armor force to wear.

If ya look to a 90/99 Heavy armor n Arcane armor. Ya will see that Heavy armor Has almost same Mdef as LA. While Arcane mite be a little bit slack on pdef but most of the Arcane users have own skills to make up the pdef (Earth Barrier, Fox form, Plume Shell/Ep buff).

Of course a non buff archer against an arcane non buff, Archer can have advantage since both gimp. But this case only happens with debuff bows < QQ if ya know my bow.

Of course if ya +10 cube neck/warsong belt/Abomination ring/Cv ring.. Ya will get enough mdef/pdef same as if ya get g15 nirvana n be a god.

But a realistic archer against a realistic class will always be gimp due armor/self buffs.

Archers aint the worst class either, if ya know how to sneak, kite, imune, anti stun, etc.. ya be available to survive.

P.s i dont hate my class n i think kiteng is one of my fav things to do in pk =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.