Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D and E set are cool
    b:victory
    didnt someone say D was a stolen on page13 too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pure_Light - Harshlands
    Pure_Light - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like A b:victory but D is made just by shadows how can be fash b:shutup if u look close u can see thru themb:chuckle
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    C and D are pretty badass designs
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, dissapointed mine isn't up there, but I'm voting for D. (nice to see another fan of the Hellraiser movies.lol) I may not have made the cut, but I would like to post my entry here, since i worked hard on it, just to hear your opinions. :)

35isrgi.jpg

What do you think?

I think I wanna pimp, would be better in red, but yeah, why did pwi choose designs that 4/5 were obviously designed by people with only raw artistic concept (no training) and one stolen? There's at least 3 excellent concepts with extensive artistic talent and effort thrown into them and they're either completely unique or fall far enough into the public realm to not be able to be criticized as stolen. Pimp suit and one other posted in this thread are far better than all but the stolen item D, unless one of Guild Wars artists is now playing PWI, then again even in that case he gave the ownership rights to Guild Wars when he submitted the piece as part of his job.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like A b:victory but D is made just by shadows how can be fash b:shutup if u look close u can see thru themb:chuckle

D is done in watercolor, hence why you can see through it.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • SweetPeas - Sanctuary
    SweetPeas - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A looks decent I guess :/
    B Needs a cowboy hat XD
    C Is horrible
    D Hey, kinda looks like bondage XD
    E Meh....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm actually severely disappointed that Kephras's design didn't make it..... It was awesome and i can't say that I actually like any of these so I may as well not vote.... sorry guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just saying for all the people who think D is a rip off..well unless you got something that looks Exatly the same please be quiet xD. Isn't one of the rules to not flame :P and its getting pretty annoying..so yahh.. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Coris - Heavens Tear
    Coris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I lol'd long.
    Like other people already said, there were lot of better designs on the other Thread. Most of those there didn't even NEED any different Game or w/e as inspiration and yeah...
    Okay in some points I thought that they had to look which design would be able to be realized and I don't remember any fash with loads of tiny details

Dunno if I will vote and I must say I kinda feel sorry with all the guys who are depressed and feel pissed off now (like my beloved Lauri who made awesome Designs for Male and Female and they even matched)

btw like Barbs wont ever be able to wear Headgear, female Clerics will ever look awful while wearing skirts, because their stance just sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone should have a Laures.
  • TideVeno - Raging Tide
    TideVeno - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im a guy and i like set D, but i also think they need to make a version for the females... im kinda tired of the overly colorful sex apeal ****, i want somethin bad **** on my veno lolb:angry
  • Stalker__ - Archosaur
    Stalker__ - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What happened to the chicken and egg costume?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Candy?b:thanks
  • nolasaints
    nolasaints Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like the top on "A", but the bottoms are very much like the suit bottoms already in the game.
    "B" looks pretty cool, but it is just one more long coat only with a Devil May Cry/FF slant. I'm also curious how it will look if you opt not to purchase the gloves.
    "C" appeals to me in it's Naruto meets Speed Racer after he's laid upon the Cheshire Cat kind of way. A chain or belt in place of that grin thing would've been nice.
    "D" appears to be the one which will make money for PWI providing it's different enough from the one it's allegedly stolen from. Once again though, I don't see this outfit having much of an impact as fashion unless one shells out the simoleons for the gloves and it will be interesting to see how said gloves will fit on barbs.
    "E" Though a ninja outfit would be nice for a change, I try to imagine it in-game and it seems to "generic-ize" characters. Though it may be a novel idea in the beginning, how many people will want to run around looking like every other ninja in the game? I also agree with those who've expressed concern that it excludes barbs with the head gear. After all, without the head gear it's just a set of footsie pajamas.
    These are just my opinions and observations.
  • NicoleStar - Dreamweaver
    NicoleStar - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2000 entries and these were the best five?? O.O b:shocked
    oh well, congratulations to the winners....
  • nakitih
    nakitih Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like A is great e is not going to get anyhting out of me
  • goldenears
    goldenears Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    IM realy sory to all the guys. Aparently 12 judges only like Capes Ninjias AND school boy uniforms. What hapend to thinking like a artist when judging Fasion? What hapend to origonality 12 judges? My vomet. I bet it was 1 guy that desided on the amount of a perticular fasion set that was turned in. That is what they picked for that class like the Nijia was probly submited 100 times by 100 different artist and they just picked the best 1 of it while the realy nice say orignal idea got passed up becuse it was the only one of 50 ideas.
    This is not a fasion contest this is a popularity propaganda.

Im sory but I can not vote on these terms. BFA Degree, Illistrative classes Graphic design.
    Yes you have to put into consideration that there are also Designers that play pwi And expect much more than Capes Ninjas and prety boy School uniforms.
    PWI is all ages and damn i refuse to look at a bunch of Naruto runing around.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I can't believe out of 2000 entries these were the finalists. I KNOW there must have been better entries!

There were ~2000 entries total, and 95% of them were female fashions.
  • goldenears
    edited April 2010
    Options
    perfect world is obviously not srs about this contest.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    goldenears wrote: »
    IM realy sory to all the guys. Aparently 12 judges only like Capes Ninjias AND school boy uniforms. What hapend to thinking like a artist when judging Fasion? What hapend to origonality 12 judges? My vomet. I bet it was 1 guy that desided on the amount of a perticular fasion set that was turned in. That is what they picked for that class like the Nijia was probly submited 100 times by 100 different artist and they just picked the best 1 of it while the realy nice say orignal idea got passed up becuse it was the only one of 50 ideas.
    This is not a fasion contest this is a popularity propaganda.

Im sory but I can not vote on these terms. BFA Degree, Illistrative classes Graphic design.
    Yes you have to put into consideration that there are also Designers that play pwi And expect much more than Capes Ninjas and prety boy School uniforms.
    PWI is all ages and damn i refuse to look at a bunch of Naruto runing around.

There were two ninjas submitted, and one was Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.
  • KageNoHana - Heavens Tear
    KageNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's as if they looked at the pictures and said, " Which one(s) could we possibly get them to pay for, but do the least work on? "

I'm not paying for any of those. Or for the females. I SAW better entries. *Much* better entries than these.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=950126001&dateline=1316761779[/SIGPIC]
    Disclaimer: I am nobody's mommy, nanny, pawn, messenger, therapist, or groupie. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you say something stupid in my presence.
  • goldenears
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i agree i think there was way beter in that pool and they just chose the best ones that would sell for the best money.
  • Ayunna - Sanctuary
    Ayunna - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Or they could have provided a complete template for people to draw over/use. It would eliminate the chance something could be stolen. >_> Because every entry would be on the same exact template. lol

That would have been a great idea... since if they did that, it would also eliminate people saying the stupidest **** like "Omg that person only won because they can draw well... QQx99" We'd pretty much only be drawing clothing over a naked template. All posed the same, all standing the same direction. I really like that idea. What a shame it hadn't been thought of sooner.
  • Ayunna - Sanctuary
    Ayunna - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's as if they looked at the pictures and said, " Which one(s) could we possibly get them to pay for, but do the least work on? "

I'm not paying for any of those. Or for the females. I SAW better entries. *Much* better entries than these.

I hadn't thought of it like that, but OMFG.... It's true! LOL... wow. I would be giggling like a little girl right now if I wasn't a robot >_>... <_<....
  • reed18
    reed18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont realy care for fashion mutch but if b and d were combined it would look pretty cool like the b clothing in black with monster arm
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Voted for C, i can imagine there being some entertainment from pking people in a jacket like that b:cool although i honestly would like to see B, C and D in the game :P

Both C here and C in the female section would probably be a suitable pair of fashion to :O
  • Aidens - Dreamweaver
    Aidens - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Where is the option in poll where you can choose this option

None of the above...NEXTb:laugh

I mean come on how old where the judges 10 years old...all I see is pokemon designs when someone really care to make some proper fashion line for maleb:sad
  • lycaondarkwolf
    lycaondarkwolf Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

LOL Lyonna u rock XD those links really looks like that ninja design and it's more than 3 lmfao. guess it's too simple and not creative designs? LMFAO.

Balthier:
    I am a bit disappointed my Valiant set wasn't one of the 5, but I'm not terribly surprised either. Barbs aren't allowed to have hairstyles, and I suppose pointing out a feasible way it could be done was just shooting myself in the foot.

think yours can replace the ninja one?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    think yours can replace the ninja one?

The winners are the winners. E stays - it's not stolen, it's a ninja outfit painted on a Tideborn in the process of using Town Portal teleport. The only one that might conceivably be disqualified and replaced is D, if what Aneurysmal said back around pg 14, about it being ripped from GW concept art. That is assuming actual proof is furnished. And even if that did happen, I'm under no illusion that mine would replace it, despite the support several people have voiced in its favor (for which I am pleased and grateful for). Clearly the judges have other tastes.

And Savini, I want that hat. Seriously, you've no idea how bad I want that hat.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Once again.. My opinion :P I love fashion too much xD

A.) I loved it... Until I saw the gloves. Without the gloves, have to say its a cute outfit. Reminds me of one of my ex-boyfriend's brother who worked as a receptionist b:chuckle
    B.) Holy detailed or what?! For real life...... Can I say what-in-the-world-is-that? But for in-game.... Would be interesting to see
    C.) O____O That outfit looks exactly like this kid from our school!! He wore it to school one day and everybody called him a freak... Felt kind of bad for the kid... So nah no...
    D.) Wow amazing art work o.o Personally I'd freak out if I saw that outfit in that color but its a cool outfit. I just wonder how it would look in pink from dyes... LOL b:laugh
    E.) NO.......... Ewww ewww eww!!! Triple eww!!!! You can't even see the person besides the eyes! b:shocked

And those are my opinions of course so please no flaming me on them... I'm a girl afterall so I have no idea what guys like... But yeah... Thats what I would think if I saw someone wearing those clothes b:chuckle

So with that... I'm going to have to vote for D... I want to see that in pink LOL
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Roscovian - Sanctuary
    Roscovian - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**
This discussion has been closed.