Why do Clerics think they're so important!?

Comments

• NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    when clerics dont buff its cause there busy or not in the mood or you just being rude. lol i didnt buff someone once cause i didnt like him and he told me he gonna pk me with his main when he sees me xD he just try it ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to know what you did to that cleric who threatened to neglect to heal you, BLANKA.
    And another thing when We ask Clerics for buffs you should just give them to us. It doesnt cost you anything but a bit of manna, I have a cleric alt and it barely takes anything to buff or heal. This situation makes me rage b:angry

FYI, my mana cost when using charms and having to babysit it, would cost as much as your repair costs when you start tanking instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    level 1 revive b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lolumad

I can only say: Have fun farming your TT90 gear without a cleric b:thanks
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    strangly morning dew gits a far larger bost from maq attack and - chanel than say IH though it cant be stacked other drawback being a lack of ppurifies but well timed cancles/geni/apoth in combo work wonderfully to deal with that

I don't know about the magic attack boost, but the -chan seems to help the wizard heal more because of the long channel time. IH only has a 1.0s channel, so -10% isn't very noticeable. I really should roll a wizard one of these days...b:surrender
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just realised that archers have no use what so ever:
    FB:
    Barbs-tank
    Bm-second tank/damage deal
    Wiz-ranged damage
    clerics-buffs
    veno-not needed
    archer-not needed

Same for TT

TW:
    Barbs-catapults
    BM-phy. damage
    Wiz-nukers
    clerics-buffs
    veno-not needed
    archers-not needed

Not only that but archers suck at pvp, seriously how do you guys manage to get into factions?
    I like what he said here all we do is just buff not like we heal.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like what he said here all we do is just buff not like we heal.
    that was a fail quote and you know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LOL, if you think clerics suck so much, don't squad with them. Just reroll a veno, spend $200 or tens of millions of coin for a herc and solo everything but your fb69. Problem solved and clerics will have one less jerk to put up with. Cleric buffs are nice for venos but they are not I'm-gonna-die-without-them necessary. b:chuckle

So please, Blanka, respect clerics and they will respect you. We are people. We are not slaves. We just want to have fun in this game without being subject to demeaning words or actions. We can make the difference whether people live or die, whether you succeed in killing the boss and we may even save the squad! We get mistreated enough; please don't make it worse because it may not bode well for you or the squad.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Solae - Raging Tide
    Solae - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh my
    BLANKA, yu seem like suuuuuuch a sweet barb.
    i've been playing the healing/support class for every game i've played, which is probably a good 10 games, and in just about all of these characters i've had, i've always made it to a high levl where its cute to just buff people. now, i've probably refused 3 or 4 people in all of my gaming experience while being not afk, buffs. reasons ? first person threatened to pk me, but i pk'd him. second, he told me that i was a "machine that should buff and heal, then walk away and help the real players play" and some random rude people.
    yu try playing a cleric. i play it cos i love it and i'm dedicated to it, but do yu think that yu can live with low survivability, slow levling, constant mana drain, constant money problems, and skill levling issues, buffs aren't cheap, honey. do yu think yu can do that, and stick with it ? there's a reason why healers are such a minority. if we can put up with that bit, then we have pretyt high patience. i'm positive yu didn't ask the cleric; "hello, sorry for the bother for asking, but would you mind buffing me please? thank yu, would yu like some of my buffs in return, or some help with a quest ?"
    it probably went like: "bafz noob"
    so suck it up, sweetie, or yur gunna be in loads of trouble.
    oh and btw, we clerics are also a social class--we get to know a lot of people. we get around. so word goes out yur b'tching to us ? kos, honey. cos most poeple know how to treat a cleric. and if yu look around, those are the people that have the best eq and highest levling rates.

i know in PW i'm pretty nub, but in any game, yu treat yur lifeline badly, we're gunna **** click the biiiig "leave" button. oh, and yur replacable. don't get cocky. none of us would ever leave yu behind if yur a person who treats us well and helps us as we help yu. or yur a phail cleric. but hush, they never get far.

we love our jobs, and we put in the extra effort, so have some respect.
    levl 8x cleric on ragingg tidee; Solae
  • Scend - Harshlands
    Scend - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stop feeding the troll
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Paimage. Copy and paste Paimage into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Scwirpeo - Raging Tide
    Scwirpeo - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    clerics r just smexy and we dont wana wast charm buffing everyone who dosent want to party with another cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Seriously, just because you can throw a couple heals and buffs you think you can hold ppl to ransom. I had a cleric pm sayin I'm not gonna heal you haha. WTF!!!

Sometimes i wish i was on a pvp server so I could gank some of these obnoxious clerics. Without us you wouldnt get anything done but we dont act like you do.

Seriously It would be a lot better if you could sort out your attitude toward the other classes especially during an FB.

And another thing when We ask Clerics for buffs you should just give them to us. It doesnt cost you anything but a bit of manna, I have a cleric alt and it barely takes anything to buff or heal. This situation makes me rage b:angry

i do agree that some clerics have an attitude but i blame it on other people. most other classes treat clerics like **** when you have to have a cleric to do just about anything so the attitude came from clerics not wanting to take **** anymore.

the i for one get annoyed doing fc's is because i can expect to lose around 1/3 of a mana charm during the fb and if someone does something stupid not only do i lose about 9k on my mana charm im the only one that really loses exp.

and just so the know the one hour buffs thats clerics can use take a butload of mana just casting all my buffs ticks my charm so i only do it when its nessisary im not ganna buff every 10 min when you have a 60 min buff.

but anyway have fun playing and good luck
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We clerics are the only ones that can handle the tension and stress that is associated while coloring in our "Jumbo PWI Coloring Books!".

b:chuckle

Jumbo PWI Coloring Books FTW!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Normally the clerics I squad with are pretty cool people, and I have a decent amount of respect for them because they are the reason I can do my job(and live that is)and they spend quite a bit of money on the mana whilst doing so.

As far as them not buffing you they don't "have" to do anything, it's their darn buffs they can do whatever they please with them.
  • RawDawg - Heavens Tear
    RawDawg - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Simple answer to the original question: Because they are.

The general consensus is that Barbs and Clerics are the two most "important" classes. That may be true, but you can do a lot more without a barb than you can without a cleric.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We clerics are the only ones that can handle the tension and stress that is associated while coloring in our "Jumbo PWI Coloring Books!".

b:chuckle

Jumbo PWI Coloring Books FTW!

b:victory

OH EM GEEZb:surprised I have one too, I use it until almost everyone is dead and then I get to bisniss
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just want to throw another argument into the room: Blanka you are lvl 40 on Sanctuary. I'm not sure if you are aware of that fact but most people already have one or several lvl 100 here. Which means if you meet a lvl 40 cleric it is at almost 100% an alt (and if not it's a noob). So their thinking is not the thinking of a person that has a cleric as their main class. You find both those that fail to play a cleric because they are used to a different role... let's say barb, and those that fail to play a cleric because they created it when thinking on how popular and demanded they would be compared to their former character's class (blademaster or something who needs us lawl).

What did I want to say... ah yes: Get some experience before you complain about clerics that aren't even true clerics - bye. b:bye
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well it gives tons of people which blaming a cleric for this and that, some of them as '' King_Solomon '' ( few post before me ) hate them so much, that he had quit lvl 83 wizzard. But i quess in 95 % is your own faul, since such people tend to think clerics are free charm, they must help me, they must buff me, they must ress me, they must heal me if im on low hp, they must keep me alive no matter how much **** i do...and so on. If you go to the menu of the game, and create a new char, you gonna see that clerics are chars as all others, they aren't in special '' santa claus '' category.
  • Scwirpeo - Raging Tide
    Scwirpeo - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i wish i was santa then i could fit in a chimny but you are indeed right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To the OP: Scelatio probably met you before
    >Troll click here
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lets get one thing straight before you clerics have to face my wrath. YOU GUYS AREN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO ACT LIKE YOU ARE KINGS. You should provide buffs whenever or wherever somebody asks you.

Who cares if you have charms I have charms too, but when they run out guess what...I buy MORE DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You should res anyone you come across without question because that's what you're for. Do your Job! Everybody else does.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lets get one thing straight before you clerics have to face my wrath. YOU GUYS AREN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO ACT LIKE YOU ARE KINGS. You should provide buffs whenever or wherever somebody asks you.

Who cares if you have charms I have charms too, but when they run out guess what...I buy MORE DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You should res anyone you come across without question because that's what you're for. Do your Job! Everybody else does.

No.
    10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Listen to yourself, yelling at us. You're not making yourself sound anybetter than what you claim all clerics to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Miniwoo - Sanctuary
    Miniwoo - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LMAO well after you've ranted on this thread i doubt any cleric in sactuary will ever heal/buff/rez you ever again XD nice work!
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When playing my cleric, I don't have a problem buffing or rezzing people I'm not squaded with... as long as the guy is not being a jerk for whatever reason.
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Go post in your own section.. kthnxbai b:bye
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    '' Who cares if you have charms I have charms too, but when they run out guess what...I buy MORE DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ''
    Not clerics QQ about cost, exactly barbarians do at most, even if your reparing cost are a huge joke, compare it if a cleric would buy pots and heal whole tt..

'' You should res anyone you come across without question because that's what you're for. Do your Job! Everybody else does.''

You should tank every boss if someone ask for it, without question because that's what you that's what you're for. Do your Job! Everybody else does. b:chuckle
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Let's try and keep the flames down in here, please? All classes are important...

...but Wizards are the best.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    Albaj - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010

On the off chance that you're serious and not just a troll...

Please re-roll on Heaven's Tear so I can refuse to heal/buff/res/in any way help you. :3

Oh, and by the way, quit being sexist... a lot of clerics are female, that makes them Queens, not Kings. :P
  • Swaggie - Harshlands
    Swaggie - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Clerics don't need help we need a high vantage where we can atk and heal
This discussion has been closed.