Demon IH

Options
Adalynne - Sanctuary
Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Ok so I like that demon IH gives the target 300 MP. However, I heard recently that those 300 points are leeched from the cleric casting it. Is this true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
Post edited by Adalynne - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nope. MP needed to cast demon IH is 400 MP, and it will not cost you 700 MP to be leeched.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not at all. Costs 400 (like the poster above me pointed out) mp to cast, and grants the target a 300 mana recovery status.

Quick Pro-tip: For a somewhat quick way to gain mana back, cast Demon IH & Demon Celestial Guardian Seal to gain ~300 mana more than the 2 skills' casting cost. Cast these 2 several times, and after ~15 seconds, watch your mp raise very rapidly.

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not at all. Costs 400 (like the poster above me pointed out) mp to cast, and grants the target a 300 mana recovery status.

Quick Pro-tip: For a somewhat quick way to gain mana back, cast Demon IH & Demon Celestial Guardian Seal to gain ~300 mana more than the 2 skills' casting cost. Cast these 2 several times, and after ~15 seconds, watch your mp raise very rapidly.

or just spam demon guardian seal and receive 365 mp for every cast..........unless ofc this is while fighting something then by all means use bothb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Demon IH cost is 400mp, you'll still be losing mana.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    be pro. Go sage IH and hand the melee lv30 mp pots and u got Demon IH too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Even more pro? Just give the barbs a plat charm and crab meats to replace IH.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Even more pro? Just give the barbs a plat charm and crab meats to replace IH.

wai spend more than a pot lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    maybe the MP recovery is good to a barb or bm but... 250k MP costs 3 tokens of luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yes with the event pots our life is a bit cheaper, but why not use it too save a bit more^^
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Demon IH cost is 400mp, you'll still be losing mana.

Hence the reason to use Demon CGS in conjunction with Demon IH. This way, you can still be recovering hp and mp. If it was just a question about mana recovery, you'd just skip the Demon IH and cast Demon CGS multiple times to recover mana.

But the OP asked if the mp was leeched from the Cleric casting Demon IH, which is not true.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To the OP that is not what the skill description say and I don't believe you gain any mp when cast on yourself only other allie.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To the OP that is not what the skill description say and I don't believe you gain any mp when cast on yourself only other allie.

You DO gain MP when you cast demon IH on yourself, but that is offset by the fact that demon IH takes 400 MP to cast. So in effect you will lose 100 MP every time you cast IH on yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You DO gain MP when you cast demon IH on yourself, but that is offset by the fact that demon IH takes 400 MP to cast. So in effect you will lose 100 MP every time you cast IH on yourself.

In other words it is not really worth it to cast it on yourself.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

You get HP >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You get HP >.>

This.

10char
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

Are you kidding me?

Ironheart Blessing Level 10
    Range 26.5meters
    Mana 229.5
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Bless the target to recover 714 HP plus 30% of
    your base magic attack over 15 seconds.

Demon/Hell Ironheart Blessing (effectively lvl 11)
    Range 28.0meters
    Mana 400.0
    Channel 1.0 second
    Cast 1.0 second
    Cooldown 1.0 second

Bless the target to recover 1200 HP plus 35%
    of your base magic attack and 300 MP over 15 seconds.

Basically it's a much much better version of lvl 10 IH for only 100 mana. It's not worth it to cast on yourself? GTFO.

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Basically it's a much much better version of lvl 10 IH for only 100 mana (if cast on yourself, otherwise it costs 400 mana when used on allies). It's not worth it? GTFO.
    Yea now you replace your beloved barbarian to a heavy wizard to tank things so you'll have a great use for the demon additional.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It may not be as efficient on mana when healing someone else, but when soloing it's great. 100 net mana per cast for 1200 hp + 35% of your magic attack vs. 229.5 mana for 714 hp +30% of magic.
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It may not be as efficient on mana when healing someone else, but when soloing it's great. 100 net mana per cast for 1200 hp + 35% of your magic attack vs. 229.5 mana for 714 hp +30% of magic.

^that

i do mostly everything solo, which is why i prefer demon IH vs sage. If i was mostly a group pvp-er/pve-er oriented id prefer the opposite.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me?

Ironheart Blessing Level 10
    Range 26.5meters
    Mana 229.5
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds

Bless the target to recover 714 HP plus 30% of
    your base magic attack over 15 seconds.

Demon/Hell Ironheart Blessing (effectively lvl 11)
    Range 28.0meters
    Mana 400.0
    Channel 1.0 second
    Cast 1.0 second
    Cooldown 1.0 second

Bless the target to recover 1200 HP plus 35%
    of your base magic attack and 300 MP over 15 seconds.

Basically it's a much much better version of lvl 10 IH for only 100 mana. It's not worth it to cast on yourself? GTFO.

It is ok for the heal but for mana gain it is waste or mana it self so don't say GTFO to me.You would get a better heal from sage Ironheart.
    edited April 2010
    Options

Ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ijs...

Post something sensible or don't post anything at all.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is ok for the heal but for mana gain it is waste or mana it self so don't say GTFO to me.You would get a better heal from sage Ironheart.

Better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh em gee....

discussion on demon and sage again? u r all OOT, back to the question OP asked pls...
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

/facepalm

Okay, I'll go through this nice and easy for you, as you seem to lack the reading comprehension necessary.

1) You said that it was not really worth it to cast it(Demon IH) on yourself.

2) I provided the data showing that when casting it on yourself it costs only 100 mana for 1200 hp + 35% of your base mag attack, which directly argues against your statement.

3) You post another senseless comment about it being a waste of mana, when it is so very clear that casting Demon IH on yourself is pretty much the best use of it ever.

And of course you would get a better heal from Sage IH, but for the cost of each Demon IH cast on yourself, Demon beats Sage pretty heartily.

Post something sensible or don't post anything at all.

Please take your own advice.

• Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    demon = mp burn (afk heal, im too lazy to target myself to cast guardian's seal)
    sage = no mp cost(<3 sage spirit gift, the only reason i love about sage)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    demon = mp burn (afk heal, im too lazy to target myself to cast guardian's seal)

I don't get it.
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Wouldn't you have to target yourself or a mob to cast spirit's gift on yourself anyway?
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

Demon CGS gives 60 mp more per cast than Sage SG.

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Demon CGS gives 60 mp more per cast than Sage SG.

60 mana per cast is not still big enough of a difference to matter.