Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• bouma
    bouma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Also I feel all these finalist don't actually look like finalist.
    Most of these look similar to something already in the game.
    I mean you had 2000 submissions! And the ones you've selected are mediocre. Used up ideas, nothing really new. I find them all to be very bland.
  • Kobudera - Heavens Tear
    Kobudera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Again Barbs get no love......kinda shows that the gms dont really like them i think...I like the idea of different colored furs or some thing other to make them more unique you have for the other character types.............b:angry
  • TankLtd - Harshlands
    TankLtd - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    C'mon how can "D" be winning..... when by far "B" looks 100% better...b:angry
  • Unknown_Pwr - Raging Tide
    Unknown_Pwr - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    C'mon how can "D" be winning..... when by far "B" looks 100% better...b:angry

C'mon, i know that "B" is awesome, but most people want a monster arm...

What I CAN'T believe is that "C" has any votes at ALL!!!
  • GolgothX - Heavens Tear
    GolgothX - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not a designer so it will be shame to me to criticize the jobs done. On my main, Barb, i don't like most part of fashion items.

I would like to submit an idea, why you don't look for new style with armor fashion. You should have lot of possibilities. For example :

- medieval
    - gladiator
    - cyborg

If i agree fashion in game are good for most part of caracters, in my sense, you should think about fashion oriented to each class too. For Tide, u should think about "Atlantis style" for example.

Just few ideas;)
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sigh .. Design D .. Modo's design stolen from Jade Dinasty ... but yea those won (WTG GM's for letting thieves post here "their" "art" ) ..To the original ones, well, good luck next time ...

Sad

b:sweat
    Option D is Guild Wars Nightfall concept art for the Dervish Obsidian armor. Image itself is stolen, not just the concept. The image was included in the collectors Edition box for Guild Wars Nightfall, so there should be about 150,000 people (limited collectors edition my ****) who have seen the image if they actually looked through the contents of their guild wars Boxes. However, the art was not utilized for the final version of the armor, sadly enough.

And the plot thickens b:chuckle . Seriously consider NOT doing any more of these sort of comps PW
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gah, too tired to read through all these posts. congrats to all the winners. it was between B and D, but i voted B because it was more detailed and i like the long trench coat. the only thing unique about D was the cool looking claw. other than that it looks like he's wearing some sort of latex see-through rubber outfit. not very detailed in the design or texture for me to get a feel for the costume.
  • maidenofthewind
    maidenofthewind Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know that I'm a girl, but I loved fashion B . As an artist I see the minor details that set it apart from whats in the boutique already. If I had a male character on the game I would definately purchase the B set for him. But I am a girl....and this is for the guys, whose taste differs much from a girls. So good luck to everyone!
  • Hikary_II - Raging Tide
    Hikary_II - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D and E set are cool
    b:victory
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i vote C
    D reminds me of a character's appearance in Metin2
    E is a pretty good idea but this is better
    16kxnch.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chikakage
    chikakage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i like design c
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, dissapointed mine isn't up there, but I'm voting for D. (nice to see another fan of the Hellraiser movies.lol) I may not have made the cut, but I would like to post my entry here, since i worked hard on it, just to hear your opinions. :)

35isrgi.jpg

What do you think?
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    xD. Poor design B D: .... I quite like it, i think it would work well with all the classes, although it does look a lot like the Thunder set that we have....

Also, Savini, i actually LOVE that outfit- i would make a male Char and lvl him Just so that I could have that outfit... b:dirty
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Or they could have provided a complete template for people to draw over/use. It would eliminate the chance something could be stolen. >_> Because every entry would be on the same exact template. lol

Interesting concept. It would have been cool to see the designs on the different types of characters they actually have in PWI, other than human....well, now that I think about it, there were some on Venos, but in general all the clothing designs were on humans (if I remember correctly, and from the few that were posted for us to look at) ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • ZorlachKrath - Harshlands
    ZorlachKrath - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like 'D'. I'm really into the dark fantasy style fashion.

Btw, is it just me, or does 'A' really look like the suit from Apollo Justice?b:question
  • Raigata - Harshlands
    Raigata - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow i dnt like any of those the example fash that was shown a while back was better than these
    b:angry let destruction reign supreame b:angry
  • Darkir - Dreamweaver
    Darkir - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    guh, these are all grossly generic. I'll just got with D seeing as it's the only one that comes close to something I find interesting. That doesn't mean it isn't generic though...
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wooooooo! I vote D, I always wanted a mean looking male skirt, and even if that one is not a skirt, it is mean looking and it totally applies on the concept of what I want.

Off to grind to have money and buy it as soon as it goes to Cash Shop.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    couple images from another game showing this design, i find D to be a rip off of Requiem Bloodymare

F0B7805959CD4097BADBF4C89398B75AD56164FF_small.jpg

os653_requiembloodymare_580.jpg

character1425.jpg

imgRequiem:%20Bloodymare1.jpg
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Really? this... this is all we get? I understand the people who did these tried really hard, but, can we get some other options?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Berkano - Lost City
    Berkano - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I must admitt i was a bit disappointed in the out come of the ones that the judges choose...I was looking and hoping for something a bit more dramatic that would have been becoming on ALL the races in PWI...
    The two that look like every day outfits,Black Jack(design A) and BA(design C)b:sad set is a no go..ok outfits if that was the style but far from it for PWI...
    The Ninja(design E) would be ok for an Assassin only really..I do like the idea with the Guild colors being applied but still just boarderline PWI style (and really I cant see a Barb in it let alone a Tide)
    The Lawbringer(design B)...ok now we are getting there..the style is very much like what we already see in PWI..nothing new and Dynamic nothing gained...b:surrender
    SO that brings us to my last choice Design D...this is more of a PWI fashion...I do hope that they make it dyeable and the price is for the whole set and not too out there in price...
    I dont know where they found the judges..it must have been a very offday for them all...i think it would be good to release pics of the ones that were not chosen...i would be interested in seeing what else is out there that they had to choose from...
    I will say Gratzz to all five who did their best and made it this far...They took a chance and entered their design and made it...so i cant say anything neg about them and their work...and Gratzz to all thos who made the attemp to enter the contest...
    We needed better judges..b:sad...like maybe the ppl who play PWI..for we know what we want... so I guess ill have to go with design D...as my choice...b:bye
  • MikoKitty - Harshlands
    MikoKitty - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am dissapointed that mine didn't get into top 5 but honestly, what were the chances of really original works getting into the top 5 in the first place anyway? I agree, pwi's creativity in the male's fashion department is pretty lacking. And the ninja? Honestly? There are cool ninjas and there are not cool ninjas. That one is the not-cool one.

and a solution to the "we want the better fashions in top ten": they should have made a chart of all the fashion entries. like put them all on one image. And then people could send in votes for their favorites out of ALL the entries. I mean, we had to email the entries anyway, why not email the votes?
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A. Looks like....yea... not going into it.

B. Looks like something out of Kingdom hearts.

C. Somehow reminds me of Soul Eater, I really don't know why. Maybe the big grin on the back of the jacket

D. No, if I want to play Jade Dynasty, I'll play Jade Dynasty.

E. *sigh* Ninja'd.....

Can we get a look at all the entries? Maybe pick for ourselves? Because clearly there were better options. It looks like some 12 year old Phoenix Wright/kingdom hearts fan boy picked these. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't a poke'mon trainer outfit or something else ridiculous like that.

Can we please get better options? Please? Something a bit more inspired? Something better designed?
    why is female fashion being discussed in the male fashion thread?

because the female choices are better than the male ones. Certainly there were "better choices"
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Valiant [/COLOR]

I vote for this one
  • c05
    c05 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    couple images from another game showing this design, i find E to be a rip off of Requiem Bloodymare

F0B7805959CD4097BADBF4C89398B75AD56164FF_small.jpg

os653_requiembloodymare_580.jpg

character1425.jpg

imgRequiem:%20Bloodymare1.jpg

hmm i think so 2, wat a ripoff off requiem
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well i like D for its bad **** look, E yea cut out of a google picture, and like a large amount of other fashions it "fails" for a barb and would make me looks like a booty ninja*pun intended* A looks like a rip off from the outfit in a manga called Black Cat, B is avg but reminds me of a rip off from one of the final fantasy outfits, C reminds me of somthing off bleach or another anime, D reminds me of somthing off of Soul caliber but it dose have its originality to it, while A looks like a 9 year old drew it/B looks like and avg artist drew it/C looks like some one gave a kid a stensal and markers/D looks like some one took the time to sketch it and draw it even if its a rip off/E well i wont go into E it just makes me want to b:spit

GM's my advice post the top 300 of each fashion and let us members vote instead of you narrowing all 300 of those down to what "you think" is good why not let us the players chose ? your top 5 are to be honest horrid, and i can guarantie if you let the players pick the top 20 out of the top 300 then the top 5 you will end up making a very large amount of profit from adding a great fashion to the game. and so ends my rant on your "horrid" fashion choices.
  • Vhalkar - Raging Tide
    Vhalkar - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man I saw so many better sets than these.

Not cool.

Voted anyhow.

Next time I hope a Western theme wins, we need cowboy hats.

this is my wife's male design
    http://i43.tinypic.com/x5qy4k.jpgb:pleased
  • easterwabbit
    easterwabbit Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Everything seems to be out of an anime or video game they've seen >:V

Design A - Host Club (sort of)
    Design B - Kingdom Hearts/ Final Fantasy
    Design C - Maybe God of War?
    Design D - Just stupid.. Who wants to dress as a ninja? (besides maybe assassins)

I mean they are good designs but they looked as if they were all copied from somewhere, whether it be the whole piece or just bits and parts of it with a logo or button moved or taken away.
    ;] Look out for that chocolate egg I left ya in your easter basket![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khimura - Sanctuary
    Khimura - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im highly starting to doubt the GMs ability to pick art or the taste of art after these:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7361822&postcount=508

and

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7327492&postcount=462

where not selected

Are their tastes really THAT bad? or are they picking based on how similar these designs are to a prexisting base design...if in the event that it actually becomes a wearable item...

Haha I agree with you. Those clothing designs were my favorite. I would have bought them all from the boutique if they were made. What the hell drugs were the judges on? Maybe it was a morbidly serious case of beer goggles.
    If anyone thought PWI only cares about money, then these finalists must had paid a lot in cash or sexual favors. That, or we're wrong and they don't want our money which is why they gave us crappy clothing choices.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hate to say it but i just want a bloody non metro set preferably punk themed (no the punk/metal set dosent count)

do not want another 10 sets of super awsome village people/trendster

t shirt+tacket with cusumizable pacthes+blue grunge jeans = win (dreams)

but rant over many rip offs here but totaly votin for ninja...becaust lets face it pwi has pirates already and a 50 vs 50 pirate/ninja pk war would be wonderfullb:dirty

but ya fail picking gm's my bloody english and art proofs can google and find 90% of plagueism on the 1st 10 pages and somhow you cant

edit: wow you have somehow picked 5 sets that can create 19 pages of flame and hate this is a sighn that your judges are A stones and picking by the "dartboard" method or B just hate the player base

>.<
    Gifs are hard to make work here
This discussion has been closed.