Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be fair, I do give credit to the GMs and such for putting the final decision in our hands.
    Having said that, it'd have been nice to been given good designs to choose from.

Yep, I gotta agree! I saw some really great designs during the contest, so what happened to them? Surely they can't all have been ripped off from someone/somewhere else? And that would be the reason they didn't pick them for us to vote on? I mean, it's great to have these art contests and all, but PLEASE, PWI, get some judges with some decent artistic taste! I'd look better wearing a couple of fried eggs and two pieces of toast, rather than most of the stuff in here! Having said that though, I did like the female design D. Nice to see some armor design that kicks it, rather than all that frou-frou frilly priscilla lolly-pop ****! (btw, in RL, I AM a female, so my choices have nothing to do with being a guy, lol) Anyways, kudos to all of you who did all the really great artwork! Wish more of it had shown up for the final votes ~
    b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree they have terrible tastes in fashion. . they probably dont know a thing about fashion in real life either though. The movie 40 year old virgin comes to mind b:laugh

LOL i wholeheartedly agree with your comment .

and PS. Kephras entry should be in the finals for the males fashion, it was by far the best . I will not vote for any of these . I will not buy any of these
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yep, I gotta agree! I saw some really great designs during the contest, so what happened to them? Surely they can't all have been ripped off from someone/somewhere else? And that would be the reason they didn't pick them for us to vote on? I mean, it's great to have these art contests and all, but PLEASE, PWI, get some judges with some decent artistic taste! I'd look better wearing a couple of fried eggs and two pieces of toast, rather than most of the stuff in here! Having said that though, I did like the female design D. Nice to see some armor design that kicks it, rather than all that frou-frou frilly priscilla lolly-pop ****! (btw, in RL, I AM a female, so my choices have nothing to do with being a guy, lol) Anyways, kudos to all of you who did all the really great artwork! Wish more of it had shown up for the final votes ~
    b:kiss

If u want something armor-looking then just chance to ur armor.. lol.. Armor isnt fashion. And so isnt a fugly ninja outfit.

I want the starry glow (?) set that Alicealin (?) send in..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    why is female fashion being discussed in the male fashion thread?
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Im guessing more females are interested in the thread than males b:chuckle. I haven't even bothered to build any hopes for some good male fashion with the choices that have been made finalists, there were some excellent designs they didn't look camp, sad, weird, stupid or pathetic, yet they never made an appearance.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »

and PS. Kephras entry should be in the finals for the males fashion, it was by far the best . I will not vote for any of these . I will not buy any of these

I really am glad to see posts like this, but I'm afraid it's long since a lost cause.

I asked in the female thread, and I'll ask again here in case Frankie's reading either of them.

What criteria were the judges using to pick finalists? And I ask this with no snark or criticism - I would just like to know in perfect seriousness what rationale the judges used when selecting entries.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hehehe good question.. only reason I can come up with is that I misread the thread name and read female in stead of male.. Sorry, ill take it to the ladies room ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladeLTD - Dreamweaver
    BladeLTD - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol those designs are a joke, well at least i had a good laugh after seeing them
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surrender make the D clothes in the boutque on friday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »

I would buy A and C b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Design D

Zmensmall.jpg

[/img][/url]

Good luck to all!

Option D is Guild Wars Nightfall concept art for the Dervish Obsidian armor. Image itself is stolen, not just the concept. The image was included in the collectors Edition box for Guild Wars Nightfall, so there should be about 150,000 people (limited collectors edition my ****) who have seen the image if they actually looked through the contents of their guild wars Boxes. However, the art was not utilized for the final version of the armor, sadly enough.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Option D is Guild Wars Nightfall concept art for the Dervish Obsidian armor. Image itself is stolen, not just the concept. The image was included in the collectors Edition box for Guild Wars Nightfall, so there should be about 150,000 people (limited collectors edition my ****) who have seen the image if they actually looked through the contents of their guild wars Boxes. However, the art was not utilized for the final version of the armor, sadly enough.

If that's true, can you take a photograph where the image appears? A snapshot showing where it was used (page in a book, part of the box art, one of those looseleaf advertisement slips they like to toss in) would be actual proof.
    No particular reason to doubt you, but for anything to be done you'd have to prove without doubt that the image is directly stolen.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, I'm 90% sure the box is in one of 4 50 gallon tubs in my room... I hope... otherwise it's in one of 10 in the attic... Meh, just trying to protect the devs from a lawsuit.

Found the last installation in that series' concept art, which about half is by the same artist. Trying to find the Nightfall concept art, if I'm not mistaken as to what class it was, that's the version it'll be in.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Galil/Sandbox/Concept_art

but you can recognize the artist's style in many of these images as well.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you should probably ticket that info in.... :/

I think PWI should lay off any art related things. Lack of knowledge and contest dont mesh well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zaidaun - Heavens Tear
    Zaidaun - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Unlike with the female fashion, this selection is quite enjoyable. I'd buy most of those for my guy alt if I had cash to throw around. As it is, B is by far my favorite. If that wins, I WILL buy it. While I appreciate and admire the ninja entry, I wish it didn't have to take a contest to get one into the game. That should have been a DUH from day 1. I know that's gonna win because players have been clamoring for a ninja outfit for a very long time. Its kinda not fair for the other entries.

I really hope PWI does this contest again. And frequently. It's great to have the players' involvement in improving the game.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    NINJA FTW

omg is there any contest here?

I think it's time the straight guys have something wicked to wear for a change.

and they are right it's easily the most asked for outfit by guys

(no I'm a woman in rl)
  • Ayunna - Sanctuary
    Ayunna - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm a girl and I didn't enter any male fashions, but I'm really worried about the judging for this contest. Lol. Where did the really awesome art I saw before end up? Don't get me wrong, these are very good. But... I saw better. So, like, what happened exactly? Did someone scam the contest? Delete the best ones? Jealousy took over? Hmm.. Maybe PWI is scared to show us the best because we might soon realize some of the players in this game are better clothing stylists than the designers themselves. XD
  • boss7
    boss7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I hope some admins finally notice your post. So not only its ugly its also stolen... b:angry
  • Hitsugiya - Heavens Tear
    Hitsugiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:victory I'm all up for D just minus the invisable bottom wear...kinda **** but if you make it not see through I'll mos def put this in my swag collection. Overall bravo whoever made D.
  • Ayunna - Sanctuary
    Ayunna - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To minimize stealing of other art, one of the rules for this contest should have been that all the clothing be added on a character with mint green colored hair. Hard to steal art that happens to have that color for hair XD Sure, anyone can photoshop.... if they have it! But, that requires work, doesn't it? :)

First sign that the art might be stolen: No sign at all that this is a PWI character wearing this set of clothing. Elf ears? Nope. Wolf dude wearing it? Nope. Sure, it can be a human (how convenient, right? lol) so they should add some PWI human-ish-ness (lol) to it, such as a glowy yellow or green TT or Mold weapon! Hey, I'm just brainstorming :D
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so your saying they should put a TT weapon in their design pics? Lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Dragoniian - Sanctuary
    Dragoniian - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    OMG!! I want the D one! That was is soooo awesome! b:cool
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would srsly stalk any any bm/wiz wearing that D outfit xD
  • sxykatzz
    sxykatzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There aren't any here worth voting for. I mean really, do we really need another suit for the guys? Where are the cool sets for barbs? Where are the unusual designs? D might be good for the fishies, but that's about it. I hope the choices for the female designs are better then this!
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Balthier:
    I am a bit disappointed my Valiant set wasn't one of the 5, but I'm not terribly surprised either. Barbs aren't allowed to have hairstyles, and I suppose pointing out a feasible way it could be done was just shooting myself in the foot.

You know Keph I was really really really hoping your design would be one of the finalists, I would have loved to see it added. Even if they had said "no head fash for barbs" even so, your design was one of the best I'd seen submitted for the guys.

I think the only design I like out of the male fash they did choose was B. It really reminds me of Kingdom Hearts though lol... but it's the best one out of the bunch. I admit D has some fantastic painting ability, but it looks so unfinished I would think it'd be incredibly difficult for the devs to model from... not to mention... I wouldn't personally buy it if I had a male character myself. >_<

I can't believe out of 2000 entries these were the finalists. I KNOW there must have been better entries!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bouma
    bouma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Point taken.

But I still can't help but to let my heart bleed for the barbarians in this. They're getting such the bad end of the stick. [And like they need a monster arm anyway when they're giant anthropomorphic beasts. >.> ]

I feel yah man.

Barbarians have been jipped to the point where I think pwi is just lazy. They are almost always in their tiger form anyways, so fashion isn't exactly fashionable. Barbarians don't need special clothes, they need new tiger skins, such as a wolf if you are a wolf, a lion if you are a lion, etc. I'm tired of seeing dozens of white tigers.

Cmon PWI stop being slackers, one skin for barb transformation? limited fashions..., step up PWI, put that little extra thought into your game, or bite the dust when the next inspired designers release a real game,(you guys have great character creation possibilities, but for all the money all these people are giving you, you could put a lil more thought/effort into the new content you release to us.
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lol, go figure. No one here had that sort of talent? XDDDDD ok that was mean...

Ehh they better hurry and remove it... and pick :coughkephrascough: design to replace it. >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To minimize stealing of other art, one of the rules for this contest should have been that all the clothing be added on a character with mint green colored hair. Hard to steal art that happens to have that color for hair XD Sure, anyone can photoshop.... if they have it! But, that requires work, doesn't it? :)

First sign that the art might be stolen: No sign at all that this is a PWI character wearing this set of clothing. Elf ears? Nope. Wolf dude wearing it? Nope. Sure, it can be a human (how convenient, right? lol) so they should add some PWI human-ish-ness (lol) to it, such as a glowy yellow or green TT or Mold weapon! Hey, I'm just brainstorming :D

Or they could have provided a complete template for people to draw over/use. It would eliminate the chance something could be stolen. >_> Because every entry would be on the same exact template. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol at the red and black speedo that's part of the D set. How would that set even work in pieces?

Other than that, B's kind of nice. Reminds me of something from the anime Trigun or Chrono Crusade.
    Ninja suit would be pretty sweet, just a shame my fat head can't fit the hat. b:sad
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ninja set is probably the best one in there.

Very simple, very good b:victory
    omg im posting stuff.
This discussion has been closed.