Why the rush to level?

Options
snawsage
snawsage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I see several threads about which skills to max and which skills to skip while leveling. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the rush to level as fast as you can? From what I see from rushing is that you get a high level gimp character. That is, one with just minimum skills and lesser armor.

To me, there is much more to this game than just xp points - there's a whole economy and many levels of skill. Personally, I hold my character at each level until all skills are maxed. I either dump extra xp into genies or do a series of suicide missions to reset level xp to 0%. I can always level by doing several public missions and/or oracles.

I also love the constant tweaking you can do to improve yourself (that's the software engineer in me) - between auctions, missions, manufacturing, tomes, etc.. there is always room for improvement. This is missed when you try to get to level 100 in a week - LOL.

Anyway, IMHO, it is better to be a strong level 50 that a weak level 80. I am just curious to why others feel that it's absolutely imperative that they reach end game status a fast as possible? What am I missing here?
Post edited by snawsage on

Comments

• Amnesys - Raging Tide
    Amnesys - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This thread made me lolb:cry
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    snawsage wrote: »
    I can always level by doing several public missions and/or oracles.

I was about to give you an detail and fully explained intelligent answer untill i read that.
    In my opinion its better be a complete tard at 80 then a player who oracled at all. The answer to your question is simple, e-peen's. People feel the need to be the bestest and have better pixels than everyone else and that means having the highest level aswell.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Krouse - Harshlands
    Krouse - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Depends on the situation. I can imagine that somebody rushing to level 100 ASAP will quit the game very soon if that's their first char, because the content at level 100 is a bit lacking.

But make an example of me. My barb was level 1-83 in like.....9 months? I was one of the most favorite barbs to squad with, and am still one of those barb. Way higher HP/ damage then other barbs my level ( and even level 9x ). I put alot of effort into my barb to be the best possible as a barb.

But i also have a wizard, veno and now a BM....why would i spend another 9 months leveling them up to the point that i want them to be? my fun is in the levels 80+, so i want to level ASAP to level 80 and then i'll see what i want to do with MY time. i don't have to learn game mechanics, or my role in squad. i just have to learn which skills are used in which situation.

So do it your way, and you'll be happy. but don't tell other to level faster or slower, it's their choice to make

Also the people that rush to 100 did spend money on the game one way or another. So they keep the game free for me and you
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be honest I can understand people hurrying to 80. A lot more game content opens up (such as rebirth :D) and the 70s are such a huge drag.

That said, it's better to level off bh, hyper exp and quests rather than oracles. Fighting a mob thats lvl 40 all the time teaches you bugger all.

At least with the first 3 you are learning to play your class in each situation and hyper exp is just like normal gaming sped up.
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snawsage
    snawsage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I
    In my opinion its better be a complete tard at 80 then a player who oracled at all.

Curious as to why that is (wanting to be a tard (sic) at 80 than oracled)? I'm guessing that I gave the impression that I only use Oracles or public quests when I play. What I do, is do all the quests and missions (including public) to gain spirit, rep, and money at each level. I then upgrade my skills and equipment while syphoning off xp. Only after I have maxed my skills and and tweaked my equipment do I then look to level (thus use oracles and public quests). Skills may take 2-3 weeks to max out, whereas the leveling may only take a couple of hours. There is a lot of game content experienced in the skill building time. It's not a case of spending 10 mil on oracles and skipping 5 levels in a setting

As stated by another poster, it's a matter of play style. Some look at it as "all xp must be worked for, earned, and grinded" and take offense to quick infusions of xp. I use the "worked for, earned, and grinding" to build character skills, .. and when they are exhausted at a level, I then quick step to next level.

Another poster made an excellent reply to building their barb and then fast tracking their alts. This was some of the insight and opinons I was was wanting to elicit in this thread. Hoping there are more answers like that coming.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It took me 9 months to level my barb to 91. It's taken me 3 months to level my archer to 81. With all the optional dailies leveling is easy and fast. I still love my barb, and I play my archer like he's a barb as well-yeah he dies alot but so what, I'm having fun!

When I decide to level my wiz or my veno or my psychic, I expect it to take a short amount of time as well. Though nothing beats those hours of grinding out OMAs & JQs just for 2% exp to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • ////III - Harshlands8
    ////III - Harshlands8 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Depends on the situation. I can imagine that somebody rushing to level 100 ASAP will quit the game very soon if that's their first char, because the content at level 100 is a bit lacking.

But make an example of me. My barb was level 1-83 in like.....9 months? I was one of the most favorite barbs to squad with, and am still one of those barb. Way higher HP/ damage then other barbs my level ( and even level 9x ). I put alot of effort into my barb to be the best possible as a barb.

But i also have a wizard, veno and now a BM....why would i spend another 9 months leveling them up to the point that i want them to be? my fun is in the levels 80+, so i want to level ASAP to level 80 and then i'll see what i want to do with MY time. i don't have to learn game mechanics, or my role in squad. i just have to learn which skills are used in which situation.

So do it your way, and you'll be happy. but don't tell other to level faster or slower, it's their choice to make

Also the people that rush to 100 did spend money on the game one way or another. So they keep the game free for me and you

So basically what your saying is that your 8x barb which took you 9 months to lvl (which I assume u do not cash shop for since it took u so long) has higher hp than my 99 barb that I got to within a month? I also put the best into my barb. Just because it took me 1 moths doesnt mean the contrary (Except in my case it was cash).

If so, mine has 27k hp, what about yours?
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So basically what your saying is that your 8x barb which took you 9 months to lvl (which I assume u do not cash shop for since it took u so long) has higher hp than my 99 barb that I got to within a month? I also put the best into my barb. Just because it took me 1 moths doesnt mean the contrary (Except in my case it was cash).

My 104 Barb has 45k health. Post on your main or dont bother posting stuff like this please, no-one believes you untill you do otherwise.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Amnesys - Raging Tide
    Amnesys - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

You are dumb.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    snawsage wrote: »
    Anyway, IMHO, it is better to be a strong level 50 that a weak level 80. I am just curious to why others feel that it's absolutely imperative that they reach end game status a fast as possible? What am I missing here?

PWI has been banking on all the end-game cash shoppers. The drive to push people to level as fast as they can feeds several needs. First is EXP Addiction. Without all the new dalies, oracles from tokens, BH, MQ, it gives the impression that you've put more time/effort into the game so the turnover rate has probably been lessened by a great deal. Second, once you rush and get close to end game, you see all these people with highly refined and sharded event items and end-game gear, so you're either prompted to reroll a new lowbie or to spend money, lots of money.

I kinda lol when I see people that are 10x, only have on or two of their cheapest fb89 skill book drops and all +1 or +2 gears and ask me, hey can I join your faction.... If you're not high 0x or 10x and don't have +10 weapon or +5 and better gears, you might make it in, but you might not make TW formation, especially when there are lvl 95s with amazing gears and +!0 weapons sitting on reserves.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

15.5k @ LVL92 with very little cash-shopping-and in need of a few immaculates as well as TT90 helm. With them I'm probably sitting at 16K with only +3 gears.

But good for you to have gotten to 99 in a month's time. Heck if you do your quests you might make it to 100 soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I took my time leveling, but now I see all the fast coin you can make at 100+. However, the rushers **** me off when they fail things like RB BH wave 2. b:sad
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I kinda understand this rush for leveling especially for pvp servers.As Michael Dark said when u see how fast people are lvlin and gearing up u r temted to do the same in order to be more competetive in pvp.I dont understand one thing-why rush to lvl in pve server?Basically when u r 100 u dont have mutch to do.Still there is pvp but far lesser than in pvp server.The only thing that a pvp er would"live for" on such server is TW.But how mutch is that?Once,Twice a week?Putting so mutch effort and cash for so less time fun.But everybody has own point of view.Mine is play for fun,not for ultraspeed lvlin. Go instances,farm stuff,make quests,events...this game isnt meant only for fast leveling...but unfortunately the greed on pixels turned it into that.b:surrender
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Basically when u r 100 u dont have mutch to do.

-Nonsense: You have many more FB's available, the bounty hunter quest is MUCH better, there's OHT dailies, Nirvana, etc. Then there is so many more equips and upgrade options to strive for.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    -Nonsense: You have many more FB's available, the bounty hunter quest is MUCH better, there's OHT dailies, Nirvana, etc. Then there is so many more equips and upgrade options to strive for.

At 101, I don't do cube anymore, I do CS, but often skip WQ, I don't do OHT dalies as I'd get far more pstones from doing card bosses... Once you get all the gears you want, you only have a few skills left to acquire, the only thing that is really left is to help people farm 99 gears, farm 3-3 for money and run Nirvana for guildies... and wait for the call fro group PvP.... Wait for CoA and wait for TW... that's about it. Sure you do the occasional fb and bh,

There's a lot of sitting around and waiting, that much is for certain.
  • Krouse - Harshlands
    Krouse - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Thank you for making my point. Have fun being level 100 and only 1 or two things to do, and thnx for keeping my game free because you need to cashshop HEAVILY to get 27K HP. I've seen barbs with everything at least +6 and G9 citrine shards that barely scratch 25K

my barb has 13K HP at level 83, and i enjoy playing him when i do. and my barb was raised old skool way....no BH, PQ and what so ever. Just plain old questing, CS and grinding. and no cash shopping.

BTW if your barb is on harshlands you are a non factor, because i never seen you around in anything. There are only 3 barbs on harshlands that have 27K HP, and you ain't one of them untill you post on your main.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This:
    If you're not high 0x or 10x and don't have +10 weapon or +5 and better gears, you might make it in, but you might not make TW formation, especially when there are lvl 95s with amazing gears and +!0 weapons sitting on reserves

Breeds this :
    to spend money, lots of money.

End game is aimed at Cashshop user both by PWI and the players themselves. Someone could level the old way to 1xx and might be a great player, but because they cannot afford to be a CS ho then are spurned by their peers.

Seems like most TW guilds would rather have a Cash shopped lvl 1xx noob than a Pr0 lvl 1xx with standard gears for their lvl ( ie: TT99 gears rather than all event items )

So yes people rush to high level and cash shop like made since despite what most people say in forums they are accepted/wanted more because of their gears.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm curious, why do suicides? Wouldn't it be better to just make genies and dump that exp into them and sell them as they get to a high enough level? At least then you would be making some money off of that exp rather than just losing it altogether on deaths. I respect the way you are playing, and in fact I will probably do the same on my next character. However, I will say that currently in the Archosaur server, especially those of us in factions who are on the map, levels are important. Even if I stop at 70, I'm still very squishy to those arcane classes 20+ levels above me.

However, your tactics are very challenging, more so than it is for most people, and I have to say I have great respect for it.

In short, good job! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • tweakz
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This:

Breeds this :

End game is aimed at Cashshop user both by PWI and the players themselves. Someone could level the old way to 1xx and might be a great player, but because they cannot afford to be a CS ho then are spurned by their peers.

Seems like most TW guilds would rather have a Cash shopped lvl 1xx noob than a Pr0 lvl 1xx with standard gears for their lvl ( ie: TT99 gears rather than all event items )

So yes people rush to high level and cash shop like made since despite what most people say in forums they are accepted/wanted more because of their gears.

By the time I get my key pets leveled, I'll probably have earned the boots and hat from the OHT maps along with enough coin to shard them with genesis stones, and refine them to +10. -Just a guess. Then there's all the other stuff I'm doing for my other equips. I wouldn't say end game is for cash shoppers only.
  • EIodi - Sanctuary
    EIodi - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess we find ourselves asking "Why are we even playing games?"

The game itself is made up of quests, to award exp, to ultimately level up. The core idea of all games is to rise through the levels and ranks and I'm sure everybody will agree that when you start out as a lv1, you feel pretty insignificant and useless. You want to grow, become stronger, gain more respect from your peers.

Of course, there's other parts to games, such as crafting, making money (and spending it), fashion...

At the end of the day, it all depends on your own personal preferences. Whether you want to play to become the best, become a fashionista, make friends,.. we're all bunched here together, playing together.
    Lv 5x Psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA Adeacia - Shura (Jade Dynasty)
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just like seeing those white-sparkly effects when I level. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

i loved/loled this comment b:cute their right, thx to those who spent countless cash on lvling to 100, they keep this game from going out of buisness and keeping it free for us. and ya ive spent my time getting my cleric to 85, i wanna hit 89 ASAP i'd love to hit 100 even quicker, so what? i know how to play my character, i could oracle a barb to 90 and still know how to play the class b:cute
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've been on this game for a year, maybe more, and my highest level character is 81. I like to socialize, make friends, and help lower level faction members. That is just how I like to play the game though. I collect tons of coins just playing. I have mounts and everything, but I've never spent a dime in the cash shop. I love hunting cat shops for a good deal on fashion. If people want to get to 100 it doesn't bother me. They can go right ahead. I just like taking it slow. My main is a venomancer so I like to keep all my pets (all 9 of them), the same level as me. It just depends on how you wanna play the game.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Snawsage, it sounds like you play much as I do, though I don't do the suicides. I've been playing about 10 months and I have a veno (vit build) that just hit 71, a cleric (LA build) at 57, and a psychic (full mag) at 48, all of them with their useful skills either maxed or nearly maxed. I try to keep them about 10 levels apart, that way I can pass gear from the veno to the cleric, and from the cleric to the psychic, thus getting three times the usage out of my gear.

I try to learn my classes inside and out, I read the forums on them to learn all of the little tricks (like using the veno Tame Pet skill for luring). One of the things I frequently hear during my BHs is how smooth it went or how much better it went than normal, and I like to think that the time I spent leveling my characters and learning their skills had something to do with that.

I spend about $10 a month on the game, but usually it has gone to safe/inventory/pet bag extension, gold trading for expensive permanent items (aerogear, mounts, etc...) that are cheaper in the Auction House, or token packs, plus one Account Stash Stone (totally worth it). For EXP/SP I've just used CS, BHs, quests, and sometimes just grinding to get enough SP, feeding any "excess" EXP to genies until my skills are leveled up.

Anyways, for the most part I don't mind leveling slowly, and I like the fact that I could probably beat most people my level at duels due to higher skill levels and more experience. However, every once and a while I see all of my friends have leveled up way past me, and I consider just "power leveling" my way up, but I haven't so far. Besides that, I can also see how much easier it is to afford some things at higher levels, so I understand why many would want to level quickly.

Still, I think I'll stick with leveling up slowly, and enjoy all of the knowledge I'm gaining in the process. :-)
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This:

It has nothing to do with cash shop nubs. Most of the main players in TW have been on the servers for a long time. Some of them farmed +10 without having to spend any irl money. I cash shopped +10 for my GX, but I merch'd for the +1 - +!0 on my Deicides in about 2.5 weeks.

It has to do with commitment to play to win. Most of the older players know how to make good coin, spent their time leveling slowly learning the other facets of the game.

It's the nubs that basically have no idea about the game other than what order to kill their BH bosses to maximize their wine fee, but if you throw them in a genuine FB they won't know the right way, don't know the proper order, get lost or forget mobs, and these nubs are also impossible to bring into TT... they always end up aggroing, dying or just not knowing how to play their class outside of a BH party let alone their role in a TW.

Then again, most hyper or bh nubs only rush to level, they don't take the time to equip themselves properly and that's a TW faction's fault or obligation? I'm sorry, that's just BS. If you can't afford to shard and refine your gear to acceptable standards by any method possible, of course they're not going to let you play.

The last thing I want to see is a 10x BM with 6k hp and only half of his skills past lvl 7, +2 TT90 gears and crappy ornaments who only knows how to play follow the leader in a BH squad to be fighting in a TW when there are other people that will take the effort to gear up properly, no matter how they leveled. In any top faction you'll have 150-160 players and if you want to TW you need to show your comitment to gearing up by cash shop or merchanting, otherwise who wants a lazy player, or someone who will only beg for help in a faction that has mostly reached end-game... That's like saying you want to work somewhere where you get paid more to do less.... seriously some people only expect others to do everything for them and show no signs of gratitude when someone actually does.

After running 3-3 4 or 5 times a day during the 2x event for guildies and seeing how some of them react when you give them free 12-25m gold mats just for 'coming along' just to help gear up the faction, you get sick of people with attitudes like yours.

BTW, last 3-3 we got 2 Giant Beast Footprints, 1 Ghost Lord's Protection and 1 Empires Sigh. We gave the 2 boot mats to a cleric who really needed them... the other 2 mats will get sold and split, giving the other 2 people in party and myself about 5m coin ea for about 50m worth of work. When is the last time you dished out 25m in gold mats to help a faction mate gear up? >.>
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit i hauled it to 60. Once i did hit 60 however, i found out a cruel fact and it was that i sucked more than a BM using magic swords. It took me a month or so to hit 60, and i've been leveling slow since. Its partly cause i'm waiting for my wife (cleric b:dirty) to catch up, but its also cause i'm spending time learning my class and catching up on skills i left behind. I went so fast i didn't even know surf impact was an aoe (small but still). I'd suggest to anyone to slow down their leveling and enjoy what you do. I've taken 3 months for 11 levels. All of my gear is up-to-date. I have 2 genies now both lvl 70, their such life savers. My skills are getting there to being ok. I don't know, i'm glad i'm a slow leveler, learned to be a barb after i did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It has nothing to do with cash shop nubs. Most of the main players in TW have been on the servers for a long time. Some of them farmed +10 without having to spend any irl money. I cash shopped +10 for my GX, but I merch'd for the +1 - +!0 on my Deicides in about 2.5 weeks.

It has to do with commitment to play to win. Most of the older players know how to make good coin, spent their time leveling slowly learning the other facets of the game.

It's the nubs that basically have no idea about the game other than what order to kill their BH bosses to maximize their wine fee, but if you throw them in a genuine FB they won't know the right way, don't know the proper order, get lost or forget mobs, and these nubs are also impossible to bring into TT... they always end up aggroing, dying or just not knowing how to play their class outside of a BH party let alone their role in a TW.

Then again, most hyper or bh nubs only rush to level, they don't take the time to equip themselves properly and that's a TW faction's fault or obligation? I'm sorry, that's just BS. If you can't afford to shard and refine your gear to acceptable standards by any method possible, of course they're not going to let you play.

The last thing I want to see is a 10x BM with 6k hp and only half of his skills past lvl 7, +2 TT90 gears and crappy ornaments who only knows how to play follow the leader in a BH squad to be fighting in a TW when there are other people that will take the effort to gear up properly, no matter how they leveled. In any top faction you'll have 150-160 players and if you want to TW you need to show your comitment to gearing up by cash shop or merchanting, otherwise who wants a lazy player, or someone who will only beg for help in a faction that has mostly reached end-game... That's like saying you want to work somewhere where you get paid more to do less.... seriously some people only expect others to do everything for them and show no signs of gratitude when someone actually does.

After running 3-3 4 or 5 times a day during the 2x event for guildies and seeing how some of them react when you give them free 12-25m gold mats just for 'coming along' just to help gear up the faction, you get sick of people with attitudes like yours.

BTW, last 3-3 we got 2 Giant Beast Footprints, 1 Ghost Lord's Protection and 1 Empires Sigh. We gave the 2 boot mats to a cleric who really needed them... the other 2 mats will get sold and split, giving the other 2 people in party and myself about 5m coin ea for about 50m worth of work. When is the last time you dished out 25m in gold mats to help a faction mate gear up? >.>

It makes me cringe when i see someone thinking they can wtfpwnbbqsause on everyone cause they think they 100 and they only have TT90 +2 gear with 2 socket average citrine shard (yeah average!) >.< . I know what your saying cause I've seen it b:chuckle. I'm not saying everyone should have super ownage gear but seriously why do they think they can win easily with that kinda gear facing people with combinations of HH90, HH99, 8jun or Nirvana +6 gear with +10 weapons or higher.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I don't believe thats what she's saying. However; I don't believe anyone who uses oracles to level (and that alone) is doing them or anyone else justice. Maybe you do have 27k HP, maybe you do have all the best gear. But 9/10 you will not know which skill to use, when you should use it and where. You will not have the wits about you to assess a situation rather quickly and know the right thing to do. Why? You've not spent time LEARNING your character. Its capabilities and how well it can accommodate a squad of 3 or a squad of 5 by doing different things at different times within different elements of the game.

As per the poster you posted this about, I don't care if she has the best damn barb on the server b/c she put 9 months into it. That doesn't mean the wizard she oracles up will be good at all. Each class takes time to learn, it takes skill to be able to be the best. Skill you learn by actually playing your character. Do what makes you happy tho...

Hurry up and spend a couple hundred dollars using oracles and be uber level 100 in a month. Get bored a month later and quit the game. One less nut who don't know how to play their character I have to worry about squading with.

My all time favorite quote is from a lvl 19 cleric at HER own FB::::: "how do I buff everyone else". Great example of an oracled up noob who clearly doesn't grasp what LEARNING your character means.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why many people want to be high level? Becouse when you are higher, you have more fun. You can fast farm money (etc. 100BH rewards), farm fast SP and more. Then you can work on your skills, gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just want to get more respect from the people of the server i play on by tanking in dungeon starting from level 60 and so on. A silly goal but i love this game and despite having friends already that help me keep playing i still want to meet new people which will give me even more reason to stay. |8