TW Suggestions <3

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That is true if you just raise the limit because the current system stacks TWs until the limit and then moves on to the next slot. That was supposed to help the smaller factions by making a 3v1 a certainty. But, as we've all seen, that only hurts the smaller landholders, fragments the map further, and facilitates one-faction dominance.

It would be better to replace the system with a random allocation of any TW to one of 4 time slots. Then, the follow-on ganking would not be as likely to work unless the small landholder was really rather large. Thinking about a 5 land faction, with attacks on all their lands to defend and one attack of their own, the maximum in any of 4 time slots has the following approximate distribution:

6 at once happens with 0% chance (really 1/1024)
    5 at once happens with 2% chance
    4 at once happens with 13% chance
    3 at once happens with 50% chance
    2 at once happens with 35% chance
    1 at a time cannot happen.

That is a 35% chance to be better off than currently, and 85% chance to be no worse off than currently. True, there is now a small chance (15%) this small landholder has to really prove their worth to stay on the map and support 4 or 5 simultaneous wars (including an attack, remember). Over time, I'd expect those odds to make it reasonable for factions to get 4 or 5 lands, but only a pretty credible faction could maintain 5-8 lands for long and it would be a mark of a real power to maintain 10 or so.

That sounds a bit complicated, but I'm for anything that will help give smaller factions a chance to actually stay on the map than just to penalize the dominant factions. If you're going to make it impossible for a dominant faction to own the map, do it in a way that at least adds something to the game instead of taking it away, which is why I kinda really like my suggestion.

I would be more likely to support multiple attack numbers proportionate to the amount of lands actually being held than some specific number. Factions owning 4 or less lands shouldn't have to deal with double or triple attacks, but someone who owns 10 or more should have to face at least some double attacks.... triple attacks and more should only be reserved for factions owning a larger portion of the map.... to make any attack limit fair to everyone.

I like your dark humour...

That wasn't as much dark humor as it was truth-based sarcasm.

Lily <3
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ganks arent easy even if there is 3 time slots every week since big guilds use different ''means'' not to get the gank. Fake bidding is ussually the way to go. Taking away a slot from a faction that could get on map in gank and giving that slot to a ''much smaller faction'' is so typical during biddings on ht.

now I wait to see GMs posting :D
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited April 2010
    okaj we will bump this after few days of even b:chuckle
    Fortune favors the brave

• abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think I just had an epiphany.....

Imagine that within the whole map, there's half a dozen territories that no-one is allowed to own permanently.

Once a week, per territory, the computer then randomly picks 2 factions with approximately the same number of players in each faction and those faction are required to fight at a set time and place within that territory. The winner then gets some coin or something.....

That way the big factions can still sit back and laugh at us lowbies but everyone gets thrust into a TW every now and then.

I think it would be chaotic but great fun and no one would care who won, because most of us will never get near a TW otherwise anyway........
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    abcyang wrote: »
    I think I just had an epiphany.....

Imagine that within the whole map, there's half a dozen territories that no-one is allowed to own permanently.

Once a week, per territory, the computer then randomly picks 2 factions with approximately the same number of players in each faction and those faction are required to fight at a set time and place within that territory. The winner then gets some coin or something.....

That way the big factions can still sit back and laugh at us lowbies but everyone gets thrust into a TW every now and then.

I think it would be chaotic but great fun and no one would care who won, because most of us will never get near a TW otherwise anyway........

You don't need actual territories to make this work and you can do better than a random assignment if you just add a possibility to buy TW "practice wars." All they would need to code is a new quest NPC - something like two faction leaders in squad together pay xxx coins to get a practice TW assigned (maybe the squad leader of the two gets to be defender?). After that, the code would just pick up the usual TW mechanics with a NULL territory.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i really like the idea of having the tw map associate with the environment of the land.
    edited April 2010
    if GMs would try respond pls b:victoryb:victory

i like that tw map could associate with the environment of the land b:pleased
    Fortune favors the brave

• lililith
    lililith Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please think a sec about the following:
    We play perfect world INTERNATIONAL.
    All agree that we meet people from all over the world everyday ingame.
    Many are in factions mostly filled with people of the same country (to different reasons like language or "regional behaviour" or whatever).
    Due to the fact that TW is always in the same timeframe, many people have "unacceptable" play times for TW. So many factions would never be able to gather enough members at TW-time to compete (even if all members would be lvl100+).
    So now to my idea ...
    How about changing TW time every week? For example move playtime for 5h every weekend.
    That 20:00 server time this week, 01:00 server time the following, then 06:00 and so on.
    This is technically easy to make and the benefit would be that people who are easily able to play every TW now, cannot at a different time and vice versa.
    So more people would be able to compete in TW and would get chances to attain land (and if it's only for one week) that would never be able in normal state.
    In this rolling play time the map would be mixed up again a bit (I hope).

What about this?!?
    edited April 2010
    IMO devs should fix this if they see that most coins they make comes oversea, but its kinda hard to add this as suggestion as forums are full of timezone balance requests b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

• Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I won't pretend to know the best way to fix any of the problems with TW, but there is no doubt some nasty problems do exist. My biggest concern is it seems BLATANTLY apparent to me opening new servers sure as heck isn't gonna do ANYTHING to help resolve the problem of a sever lack of multiple competitive guilds in tw. This just encourages people to leave one sever for another to start over and be the first on the map, only to run into the same problem again 10 months from now on their new server.

I start playing this game specifically to be able to have fun end game in tw. If, or more likely when my severs map looks like sanctuaries I will quit the game. No moving to a different sever. I invested way to much time into my toon on this sever to start over, particularly when I not only see nothing to be done to help encourage competitiveness in tw. I continue to see nothing but game changes, promotions, and new severs added that will do nothing but perpetuate my above mentioned frustration. Why start over new just to run into the same problem again.

Too summaries if end game isn't competitive people will stop playing all together. There may still be a some time left to fix this. Lots of people like to lvl lots of different toons to experience different classes before they worry about end game (I'm not one of them) but once they've done that they will be bored with end game and quit too.
    edited April 2010
    I agree, there should be a server merge very soon, this summer.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I can pretty much repeat this nonstop in faction chat until you go crazy, but... Damn, go outside and take some fresh air. Yes, some improvements would be nice, but... just go outside for a while.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
    edited April 2010
    what b:chuckle you spamm gchat anyway whaha

But hmm - would consider this if you were some active TW player. But coz your not I gotta say we that care about TW acctually type about it as its our fun :)

3PM here in Europe now.. gotta run to the gym :P
    Fortune favors the brave

edited April 2010
    Okaj Ill add more additions to TW system of bids suggestions. On HT we just ended a very silly session of bids and we got to the point where some ''instant'' bids by small and I am sure fake or alt factions ruining the TW genuine process

So instead of genuine time slot for Rad+Tao and 1 more faction we had 3 fast instant bids after Radiance:
    War (155,207,188 refund), Bloodrayn (83,842,911 refund) and TERRORIST (51,716 refun)

This does not have to be a fake bid but for all its worth a tought, it is certanly not genuine.
    Fortune favors the brave

edited April 2010
    in china they seem to introduce more things i wonder if this will happen here b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Technically a necro?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Technically a necro?

More like bumping up your old dead threads....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Technically a necro?

Only a necro to bump a thread 1 month+ old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2010
    o.0 whats a n***? I heard its a forum ban.

anyway.. this thread is not ment to end, its ment to keep adding suggestion from ppl that want to talk about TW.

Pls just stick to the topic b:angry
    Fortune favors the brave

• Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Map thing: Truly hope they pay attention to this. It would return stragedy and such forth into TW atleast partialy: Not just make it gear: Make it taking advantage of TW maps.

Dunno bout the gank thing,but suppose could be managable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I would really appreciate that frankie and his crew fight for some TW changes as PWI has rly alot of devoted hardcore TW players that are ready to invest alot of real money, buy PW stocks on stock markets and keep it up until PWI gets updated to DirectX 10 (this year should be upgraded to X9). Compared to China PW where not alot of players have extra income to invest as much.

Well I am making this thread alive again, Pls post your suggestions ty b:byb:chuckle
    Fortune favors the brave

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Necroooooooooooooooo!

<____<

Don't know if TW will be changed....thats "too much" work it seems.

-.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Shouldn't this be in the suggestion thread b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I believe The Lower Depths is more suited.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Necroooooooooooooooo!

^^ That and this vv
    I believe The Lower Depths is more suited.

Give it to Monoftl necro his own dead thread.

/inb4lockage.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Okaj my friends lets start, we gotta make pwi move a bit.

PWI is not a licenced game its a Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Ltd.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_subsidiary.html

So we are main PW compared to overseras licencing that means Developers do implement our suggestions if they are valid imo.

Biddings, TW maps, Max number of squad members, Flying over walls etc

I will update the thread.

UPDATE:
    **Server Merging (Axisboldone HT)
    **Bidding pre-conditions guilds that bid (Monoftalmus HT)
    **********faction must be level 3 on older or level 2 on newer servers
    **********faction must have max refund on older servers
    **Map Reset on 6 Months (Darkhawkclaw HT)
    **Invest more RL money in PWI (Gasoline LC)
    **PvE/NPC TW/Invasions (Michael_dark LC)
    **Introduce new-old Ideas from other MMO's (Kimyrielle HT)
    **New Maps for TW (MystiMonk S)
    **Remove the ability to fly over base walls (StormChaos HT)
    1 TW per player in one TW session (StormChaos HT)
    **Raising the limit on simultaneous attacks from 3 to 5 (Asterelle S)
    **TW maps overhaul (Rikuza HT)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7573622#post7573622
    twmapsabcd.jpg
    **Bidding guilds must be level 3 w/ a max refund.
    Any land that is not bid upon by a guild is then attacked by the mobs that (1. Bidding guilds must be level 3 w/ a max refund. (Rawthorne HT)
    **Tw map associate with the environment of the land (FitHitDShan S)
    **PvE Tw Events for All factions
    <3333

so your saying that if a faction has 5 lands, they are allowed to be attacked by 400 ppl and can send an average of 40 ppl into each war?

and if that faction is strong enough to win, they lose all their hard work 36 lands into the game. that really makes tw sound very fun. <---sarcasm
    edited June 2010
    can modd's issue 3 day bans for this barb and lil kid veno for trying to close our TW suggestion thread?

I can go via ticketing system as well ty <3

@Arliana

What part did you quote?
    Fortune favors the brave

• Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can modd's issue 3 day bans for this barb and lil kid veno for trying to close our TW suggestion thread?

Obvious necro is obvious. Knownase and I were just stating the obvious. And your sarcasm is FTL, if you even consider that sarcasm.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited June 2010
    Mods close threads if they are against the CoC or in their sole discretion.
    There is no need too advocate and harass here. You do not have to participate in this topic. If the thread is closed I can open a new one about same or similar topic. But I will still submit a ticket if you keep trying to lock my thread and will give my best to ban you from forums.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010

@Arliana

What part did you quote?

lmao, it should be closed for necro-ing.

and it did sound like "Can someone put them in a corner for being bad pls?"
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.