Light Armor cleric

Options
_Krue_ - Heavens Tear
_Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
I'm gunna roll one in Lost City.
What is your opinion on them.

Anything I should know before I proceed?

Any tips?

Any genie tips?

ty b:kiss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
Post edited by _Krue_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• A_Misfit - Dreamweaver
    A_Misfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why would you do that?
    50plus Veno
    50plus Cleric
    20plus Phy
    Many others tried and deleted I get bored easy.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    invite me to your fb's! =D
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LA clerics are bamfs. Sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Calindil - Heavens Tear
    Calindil - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm gunna roll one in Lost City.
    What is your opinion on them.
    Not good D:
    Anything I should know before I proceed?
    Roll a Vit or Hybrid-Vit Arcane cleric instead.
    Any tips?
    See above o.o
    ty b:kiss

You're welcome b:cute

Seriously though, LA is just a road to exceptionally mediocre damage/heals (PW Calc some lvl 8x/9x builds and see the difference), low HP, and still getting hit hard by practically everything. If you're fine with a more modest damage/healing output, put all those points you had set aside for Dex into Vit instead, and shard garnets in arcane armour -> better HP and magic defense, and comparable phys def to LA.

Disclaimer: IMO. I'm not big on PvP, but this has all been said before, and it does stand to reason.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well first off... hi cal 8-D

and what cal said is for the most part true. But in pvp LA has some serious advantages, especially from 30-70. in the lvls before you really work on sharding your armor, and the main threat of what's going to kill you is all physical dmg. Then 7x+ LA just starts to lost alot of its edge to AA. And at 90+ I can't really think of anyone who will argue against AA's superiority to LA. But now with all the easy exp getting basically skipping 30-70 isn't hard, and even on pvp servers pk'ing can for the most part be completely avoided. I actually made a LA cleric on LC for fun, personally hated the pk'ers so didn't continue far. But also times have changed, so who knows.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good luck with your LA cleric. =D

I've known some pretty good LA clerics, so if you want, you can try.

The little bit of advice I can give on genies is pretty much the same for an AA. Get holy path and second wind because they're all around useful skills. If you plan to do pvp, it would be nice to have a skill against sleep or stuns. BMs love stunning the hell out of their opponents... ><
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Salpix - Harshlands
    Salpix - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Personally I like AA hybrids. I think we're pretty decent when it comes to armor later on if you imbue yourself some beasty Garnets in your AA armor. LA will impair the damage you COULD do, because of all the point you'd have in dex.

I find it the same:
    LA In PvE vs a Melee monster: You'd kill a melee monster slower than an AA would, giving the monster a few more hits onto your character (which has low hp) making it worse compared to an AA cleric taking 1-3 blows from a melee monster.

AA hybrid vs a Melee monster: You'd kill it much faster. By the time the monster approaches you, it would probably land 1-3 hits on you before you kill it.

Eh, at least, this is what I noticed about LA and AA cleric gamplay.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is for pure PVP reasons, as I should have stated above.

Yes the AA hybrid is nice, but I feel as if LA sharded with citrines will give me a far higher advantage in both PVE and PVP. PVE a monster will hit less, I will crit more, and I'll always have heals.
    PVP wise, I'll be able to take a lot more hits, be partially unstoppable in later levels.
    The damage deduction is only about 100 less magic points in the end game levels of 95.

Not trying to argue that LA is better then AA, but I've already made my choice to roll it. Already lvl 30 and doing great. Mobs don't reach me. Comparing damage with a pure AA cleric to me, he only hits me a tab bit harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RonPott - Sanctuary
    RonPott - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that's true at lower levels but later on if you shard your gear right to actually have more hp and more pdef then a LA cleric. and don't forget people the magic of plume shell you only have to last 11 seconds before you can put plume shell back on again.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is for pure PVP reasons, as I should have stated above.

Yes the AA hybrid is nice, but I feel as if LA sharded with citrines will give me a far higher advantage in both PVE and PVP. PVE a monster will hit less, I will crit more, and I'll always have heals.
    PVP wise, I'll be able to take a lot more hits, be partially unstoppable in later levels.
    The damage deduction is only about 100 less magic points in the end game levels of 95.

Not trying to argue that LA is better then AA, but I've already made my choice to roll it. Already lvl 30 and doing great. Mobs don't reach me. Comparing damage with a pure AA cleric to me, he only hits me a tab bit harder.

people who say "you will have gimped damage" which is false, its just a bit less magic power than pure magic, and healing power, its not that high, you'd be having the same healing power. But later ingame, although they still have less heals than the MAG clerics, they will have better offensive skills due to higher crits. Although I have my cleric very close to pure magic, I have to make sure I kite with my slow and freezes regardless, since I am only a PVE person, I stick to pure arcane as cleric. I would recommend you to go for it, as long as you equip latest gears, nothing wrong with using strategies and your own choices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You PvE carebears...
    LA Cleric on PvP = PRO nuff said bb
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    light is better in early levels, yes. for endgame however, clerics in general complain about their damage, which is considerably lower than wizards'. while it's obvious pure magic arcane builds hit highest good items cost a lot. in other words, arcane is only better if you get good items with good gems and good refines. if you don't afford anything good, you'll be doing better wearing light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People seem to forget that

1) LA users can use arcane armor

2) LA users can wear HP helmets

3) LA gets slightly better refines than AA

4) Mage-type skills + crit = scary( you understand this when you get 1-shotted by an LA wiz or cleric as a AA user)

People also forget

1) w/ plumeshield, HP is more of an issue than phy def

2) clerics don't have a phy deff self buff( wizards do)

3) Wiz hit hard. They can 1-shot arcane users w/ the right gear and crit

4) with the abundance of +x% crit gear and cleric rainbow blessing. The addition of +5% crit from LA has had less and less of an effect.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok now for numbers. These are the pw calc nubers based on my build as it was at 79 (because thats the calc i had savedb:chuckle) my build is a 9-1 build and I am using a 1-1-3 build for the LA stats. (Note this is only a damage comparison as armor builds can vary greatly) To move from Mag to LA I simply lowered the mag and increased the str and dex based on what the 1-1-3 build would be at that level and replaced my steppenwolf cape and pants of hedes with comparable LA legendary peices since mine added mag and the LA didnt. (all stats are self buffed)

mag build on left LA on right

mag atk: 5263-7451, 4184-5923
    avg mag atk: 6357, 5053

LA is 20.5% reduction from mag build.
    Magic 25.8% increase on LA build.

Attacks based on description not counting mob defence (skills are lvl 10 including metal mastery)

plume: 8624, 7321
    LA is 15% reduction from mag build.
    Magic 17.8% increase on LA build.

Cyclone: 10340, 9037
    LA is 12.6% reduction from mag build.
    Magic 14.4% increase on LA build.

IronHeart: 2621, 2230
    Magic 17.5% increase on LA build.

I'm not on a pvp server I know pvp is a bit different but if everything is simply cut to 1/4 the ratio should remain constant.

I do not cash shop nor do I claim to have the best build its all in preference. I am currently 1t 82 with a slightly higher atk then listed above and have a bit over 4200 hp buffed though admittedly my phys def is lacking a little but i still have a bit over 30% damage reduction with phys ornaments.

let the flame beginb:chuckle

edit forgot crit. mag has 1% base crit while by 79 LA will have 5% base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok now for numbers. These are the pw calc nubers based on my build as it was at 79 (because thats the calc i had savedb:chuckle) my build is a 9-1 build and I am using a 1-1-3 build for the LA stats. (Note this is only a damage comparison as armor builds can vary greatly) To move from Mag to LA I simply lowered the mag and increased the str and dex based on what the 1-1-3 build would be at that level and replaced my steppenwolf cape and pants of hedes with comparable LA legendary peices since mine added mag and the LA didnt. (all stats are self buffed)

mag build on left LA on right

mag atk: 5263-7451, 4184-5923
    avg mag atk: 6357, 5923

LA is 20.5% reduction from mag build.
    Magic 25.8% increase on LA build.

Attacks based on description not counting mob defence (skills are lvl 10 including metal mastery)

plume: 8624, 7321
    Magic 17.8% increase on LA build.

IronHeart: 2621, 2230
    Magic 17.5% increase on LA build.

I'm not on a pvp server I know pvp is a bit different but if everything is simply cut to 1/4 the ratio should remain constant.

I do not cash shop nor do I claim to have the best build its all in preference. I am currently 1t 82 with a slightly higher atk then listed above and have a bit over 4200 hp buffed though admittedly my phys def is lacking a little but i still have a bit over 30% damage reduction with phys ornaments.

let the flame beginb:chuckle

edit forgot crit. mag has 1% base crit while by 79 LA will have 5% base

This is extremely interesting. The amount of damage lost is hardly comparable. That damage PVP wise would go from (cyclone) 2585 (AA) vs 2260 (LA). just about 300 damage difference. Amazing actually. I really don't believe an mag build could reach the amount of phys def a LA could either. Unless that pure Mag was a super cash shopper vs a non cash shopping LA.

I actually really am happy I rolled LA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i have both a 90x AA and a La cleric and to be honest pvp wise if u know how to use ur skills La clerics own... my 90x cleric has pdef gems and hp gems 6k hp unbuffed my la has 5k and some change they both have +4 refines on all gear...u ppl seem to 4get that clerics have a pdef and a mdef buff so actually ur pdef will never come close to a La cleric even if u sharded 24 g11 pdef gems cuz ur def buff is only 60%...i wear one pdef ornament and one mdef...and the heal issue yea u heal less(big woop iron hearts stack) i solo heal for frost runs with my la cleric....my AA arcane does more base dmg but its only like 1k more and all that hp goes to hell vs mele if ur pdef cnt exceed 4k..im speaking from experience(being attacked 1rst by a sin archer or bm who has u stun locked not sneak n up on some unsuppecting person) no build is better just depends on how u play...to LA mdef naysayers just who say refine ornaments to match la(i can easily refine my rings and ornaments too) 7.5k pdef 10.5k mdef self buffed(about the same mdef as wizard in arcane at 90x)ijs( godly mdef is unneccasary since magic still hits hard on magic...(the only reason the top ppl own in this game is because they have absurd refines and hp via cs( shinzoko, elayne, la trappe...ect
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i have both a 90x AA and a La cleric and to be honest pvp wise if u know how to use ur skills La clerics own... my 90x cleric has pdef gems and hp gems 6k hp unbuffed my la has 5k and some change they both have +4 refines on all gear...u ppl seem to 4get that clerics have a pdef and a mdef buff so actually ur pdef will never come close to a La cleric even if u sharded 24 g11 pdef gems cuz ur def buff is only 60%...i wear one pdef ornament and one mdef...and the heal issue yea u heal less(big woop iron hearts stack) i solo heal for frost runs with my la cleric....my AA arcane does more base dmg but its only like 1k more and all that hp goes to hell vs mele if ur pdef cnt exceed 4k..im speaking from experience(being attacked 1rst by a sin archer or bm who has u stun locked not sneak n up on some unsuppecting person) no build is better just depends on how u play...to LA mdef naysayers just who say refine ornaments to match la(i can easily refine my rings and ornaments too) 7.5k pdef 10.5k mdef self buffed(about the same mdef as wizard in arcane at 90x)ijs( godly mdef is unneccasary since magic still hits hard on magic...(the only reason the top ppl own in this game is because they have absurd refines and hp via cs( shinzoko, elayne, la trappe...ect

7.5k pdef and 10.5k mdef? Are you wearing a few arcane equips? =o
    --Retired--

• mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yes i have cube ornaments/charger cape(via purchase ingame money)( dnt cs ppl its a waste of time(make a veno solo hh and recycle gold sell n stuff) but yea guess i shuda said that ealier so i can either wear one arcane sleeve or boots to alter my defs depending on the situation...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but yea guess i shuda said that ealier so i can either wear one arcane sleeve or boots to alter my defs depending on the situation...

Thought so- difficult to get 10k+ mdef without wearing arcane. Whats your response to ppl that would say 7.5k pdef is quite achievable on arcane build? b:question
    --Retired--

• _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thought so- difficult to get 10k+ mdef without wearing arcane. Whats your response to ppl that would say 7.5k pdef is quite achievable on arcane build? b:question

I would say yes its achievable, with heavy spending. (not saying tis gotta be CS, just a lot of coin to get there). But if an AA can reach 7.5k phys def, a LA cleric could reach double that(?). with the amount of spending done by the AA.
    I just feel safer rollin in my tank of a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would say yes its achievable, with heavy spending. (not saying tis gotta be CS, just a lot of coin to get there). But if an AA can reach 7.5k phys def, a LA cleric could reach double that(?). with the amount of spending done by the AA.
    I just feel safer rollin in my tank of a cleric.

hmm with similar spend LA would have maybe 1k more pdef (1k less mdef)- rough guess-timate.
    --Retired--

• _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0e7a758be0fd069c (AA sharded with HP)
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7aa3c46b33a416b1 (LA sharded with HP)

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=54450d7f121d9779 (AA sharded with def)
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e6d38d8d6e53bf61 (LA sharded with def)

If an AA cleric shards for def, then yes, they could surpass the defense given by a LA cleric sharded with HP. But that AA cleric is giving up so much HP for that bit of defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kanisha - Lost City
    Kanisha - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that's true at lower levels but later on if you shard your gear right to actually have more hp and more pdef then a LA cleric. and don't forget people the magic of plume shell you only have to last 11 seconds before you can put plume shell back on again.
    Plume shell is awesome. But I have often wished my 86 cleric was la. (especially when im helping in a friends bh89 or a frost run where i tend to get my but kicked by those phys mobs) the only prob with plume shel is the 11 seconds. if u are getting hit hard enough to need plume shell odds are once it goes away u wont last more than 2-3 seconds longer.

_Krue when u get your la cleric up higher look me up and let me know how its working i might just restat
  • Kanisha - Lost City
    Kanisha - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

For the record i wish my lvl 10 cyclone hit this hard
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kanish, level 55 on my La cleric, and things are EASY.

Pvp I've only been killed by being ganked by higher levels. And I've even been able to take down barbs.

PVE is easier then when i rolled an AA cleric. Mobs don't kill me. My heals are only about 100 HP less then an AA, and I'm able to solo most elite mobs for myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

nah u need to get level 11 cyclone to hit that hard
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Enjoy enjoy enjoy those early levels. As a LA cleric you will feel almost invincible. Heals are good enough, matk is good enough, crits are lovely. And you have pretty much the same amount of hp as your arcane counterparts, with better def. It's really great for lvls 1-80ish.

If you decide to go all TT90 LA, come back and share your experience. That's when I started noticing that arcane can catch up/exceed the overall survivability of LA. So then I restat. Best of luck though, it's a fun build.
  • lost0716
    lost0716 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    /start rant

ok...I'm getting sick and tired of everyone telling me that AA beats LA hands down for a cleric...it really all depends on ur play style and personal preference

/end rant

Ok...well with that being said and out of the way...this is my view on rolling an LA cleric.

Currently I have a Lv75 "FAIL" LA cleric that pwns b:chuckle

I started out basic build of 1 strength 1 dex 1 magic per lvl. Later on I noticed that some of ur gear gives added stat points and since LA is geared mostly to sins and archers by devs it gives tons of extra strength and dex points. If you do some planning you can use ur accessories to give you a stat boost and you can throw extra points into vit or mag. this is what I did. I can't equip my basic armors without having my accessories equipped first. From my own experiences from lv30-65ish all equips and accessories need to be +2 (which you can spam mirage for and 4 socket w/all max grade garnets. if you get another cleric to IH you then you can tank Fushma and Ranker with ur buffs...which has surprised a lot of ppl that I've partied with "OMG a cleric tanking Rankar" anyways back on topic....ur max HP is gonna suck but ur damage will be so-so and with crits you can make a solid DD. The key point to remember is that ur buffs do a lot for your defenses. Now after 65ish ur gonna notice that you lack on magic defs and HP really really sucks...after working on it a bit the best I've found so far is shard 2 max grade garnet 1 max grade sapphire and 1 max grade citrine...when I say max grade I mean max that the gear will allow you to use and refine your gears to at least +4. These slight changes will lower your phys def just a bit(not much maybe about 300) but raise your magic defs about 5-800...keep in mind that these defs come after buffs also allows you a small HP cushion from the 6 citrines and 6 refines of +4. Now for my advice on PVP...just about any class ur lvl you can kill. Barbs are a pain just because of their OP HP and charms...but on the flipside of the coin Barbs/BMs are squishy to magic. Archers and Sins usually are LA but shard with citrine...best to use magic based attks against them cause their magic defs will be weaker. You really want to try to sleep them as fast as possible cause of the attk speed they have. Now for my favorite victims b:laugh psychics/venos/cleric most of them are close-minded and are going for a pure AA build...spark and plume shot them...they drop easy...watch out for them pesky veno though...they can strip you of your buffs and don't make the mistake of attking the pet...sleep the pet and attk the veno directly...if the veno has a nix use blood clot to stop the bleed effect.

Basically...if ur willing to sink some coin in it...ur gonna need uber gear to make an LA cleric work for you at higher lvls...but also you get the benefit of the gear twice or 3 times if you make an archer or a sin.

Hope this Helps you someb:bye
  • Meur - Dreamweaver
    Meur - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    >implying LA hasn't been proven the worst type of armor

Sins and Archers only use it because they have no other choice.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

well thats lvl 10 cyclone with lvl 10 metal mastery calculated in without taking any mob defense into account.

If I calculated correctly, actual average damage my cyclone would do to a butterfly would be 7512 which is about what i experience.

actually you made me see a mistake. I think all the attack numbers are about 12% high (both AA and LA) in that post and I'm not sure why......

Edit: nvm when i looked over the numbers again I forgot the attacks were base + WEAPON + a constant... those numbers are correct.

With those numbers the highest you can actually hit on a butterfly is around 8700 calculating in a butterfly's (wood mob) metal defense. those numbers were when I was at 79 and since then I have been able to hit close to 9k on a normal (unsparked no crit) cyclone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]