Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Comments

• Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Is outfit D inspired by Nightmare from Soul Caliber, or is it just me?

And Devil May Cry and whatever that thing was the person above you posted.

This: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/136/188701-vagrantsydney_large.jpg

Gee, I'm just so glad we have such original people. b:infuriated
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ummm...b:sweat

I don't like either of them. I guess "D" gets my vote since it would be something original to the Boutique although it's not really my style.

I've kinda noticed over time that PWI judges have very a peculiar and interesting taste...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I've kinda noticed over time that PWI judges have very a peculiar and interesting taste...

Amen.
    10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A- Apollo Justice
    B- Looks familiar but can't say for sure. (pending)
    C- Has some similarities to Monster Soul and Vampire Knight but is original. b:victory
    D- Vagrant's Story
    E- Come on! I would be actually happier if a Subzero costume was picked (though copyright). At least it looks better b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A, and B, look like they need a little something extra to really make them stand out, and that is including design E. :( (As someone mentioned earlier E, just looks like it was copy and pasted, and slightly edited. :()

Design C, looks alright I would possibly buy it, though in my mind the clear winner here is D, it just mops the floor with the other designs. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The D looks awsome, I NEED THAT FASH b:cry
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i guess i would call D "Wraiths Embrace" it just loks like it O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    E- Come on! I would be actually happier if a Subzero costume was picked (though copyright)

Silly boy, They don't care about copyright, just look at the female fashion threadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i really like D, especially for psy, i would love the contrast between the black glove and the soulsphereb:dirty
    and no need to tear the clothes to fly xD
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    WTF? design B looks like the vampire set. C looks like some preppy Naruto stuff. D looks like the modo from Jade Dynasty >.> and Design E is just a big WTF, doesnt fit in with this game at all. so i pick A b:victory

btw, does the winner get their design actually made into fashion?
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Woah woah, awesome stuff O.O

I applaud everyone who submitted their fashion ideas, and especially those, who are among the Top 5! Congratulations!

In my view, Set B and D are the best ones : *
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010

btw, does the winner get their design actually made into fashion?

It's not a certain thing. All they said was that the winner's design would be shown to the devs, that's all.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Why are some people applauding for C, D, and E when they are all blatantly ripped off from things existing.

I saw better male entries in the thread too. b:cry
    This is sad.
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why are some people applauding for C, D, and E when they are all blatantly ripped off from things existing.

I saw better male entries in the thread too. b:cry
    This is sad.

Because pretty much every single finalist's entry is ripped/heavily inspired by some other character; although, considering the aim of the contest and PW's recent "demographic research," I think it was sort of the point to use similar costumes to anime/game characters.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i cant choose between A and C.

eh i guess i will go with C, my wiz would look soo awesome in that.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • rishiel
    rishiel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol. looks cool, but standardized animation cool. No surprise no nothing. Even a random choice generator would give me an error. Why can't we get something more modern.

/fail
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Same one on the right as submitted: http://www.stevemv.com/other/wallpapers/vagrantstory.jpg

The one submitted was just a Deviant/Other drawer place varation of it I haven't found exactly. But it is Vagrant's story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Aloisia - Harshlands
    Aloisia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hm. A and B are okay. I'd vote for B out of any of them.

D is "cool," but I can't imagine how it might work with the game's mechanics.

C and E are just boring.

Where are all the great entries I saw before...?
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    WOW we have 2 on men one stolen and 2 on women so out of 10 they picked only 6 are true works and 4 stolen ones great job PWI. Show us how much you care.

They need to start over and replace stolen works. But i dough they will didn't really care when they picked them so don't think it will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    WOW we have 2 on men one stolen and 2 on women so out of 10 they picked only 6 are true works and 4 stolen ones great job PWI. Show us how much you care.

More than four are "stolen."

Male A, C and D are heavily inspired, B is somewhat inspired (they're are plenty of characters that have a similar costume, but none exactly), E is so generic it might as well be stolen.

Female C and D are heavily inspired, B and E are somewhat, and A's too generic.
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Right.
    But... Female C and D aren't heavily inspired, they are i d e n t i c a l.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7676862&postcount=2

I know it's not that easy to create something original, but it's obvious plagiarism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hm. A and B are okay. I'd vote for B out of any of them.

D is "cool," but I can't imagine how it might work with the game's mechanics.

C and E are just boring.

Where are all the great entries I saw before...?

the judges had a bonfire with the good entries and then played roulette to see who wonb:chuckle
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh they took off your link i wonder why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    oh they took off your link i wonder why?

that was a thread i created where people could post any evidence they had that designs were plagiarized. I tried twice to create this thread, so that nay GM that logs on tomorrow would have easy access to evidence from players instead of searching through the stickied threads. First was deleted instantly, second died in less then 2 hours.

heres the one from the female fashion thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7668852&postcount=93.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    that was a thread i created where people could post any evidence they had that designs were plagiarized. I tried twice to create this thread, so that nay GM that logs on tomorrow would have easy access to evidence from players instead of searching through the stickied threads. First was deleted instantly, second died in less then 2 hours.
    I noticed that, I was going to post the direct pictures. It's like they're trying to cover it up or something lol.
    Did they even tell you why they deleted it?
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I noticed that, I was going to post the direct pictures. It's like they're trying to cover it up or something lol.
    Did they even tell you why they deleted it?

nope, in fact if u look in my statistics, its like it never existed.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    nope, in fact if u look in my statistics, its like it never existed.

Wow.
    Are they trying to make themselves look bad by not saying anything.
    Even mods could at least /comment/ on it, though they can't do anything. But deleting threads with evidence just looks stupid.
    b:sweat
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Wow.
    Are they trying to make themselves look bad by not saying anything.
    Even mods could at least /comment/ on it, though they can't do anything. But deleting threads with evidence just looks stupid.
    b:sweat

idk if the mods r doing it, i requested they send me a meesage as to why, if they did, would delete my thread. this was in the first 3 sentences of the thread. its possible they have a bot that does it for them.
    if they are deleting evidence, then i hope its because either a: they are aware and have sent notifications to the GMs with evidence attached, or b: they have checked alrdy and verified that they are not plagiarized.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    idk if the mods r doing it, i requested they send me a meesage as to why, if they did, would delete my thread. this was in the first 3 sentences of the thread. its possible they have a bot that does it for them.
    if they are deleting evidence, then i hope its because either a: they are aware and have sent notifications to the GMs with evidence attached, or b: they have checked alrdy and verified that they are not plagiarized.

They still should tell you they have, so people will stop worrying about it as much, those who care.
    And those are definitely stolen lol.
    One was posted four years ago, others are from existing video games and fan art. b:angry
This discussion has been closed.