Another double event..more delay lag...coincidence?

GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
GodsCaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Support Desk
Yes.. my delay lag is back -.- and yet again i cant take advantage of the event.. because monsters keep dissapearing and reappearing when they please.. i have just spoken to my net provider who says its the GAME that is having a problem.. now... ive seen a couple servers are red with 3000ms.. with the others having 180-300ms.. and im wandering if this is what is causing my delay lag
Post edited by GodsCaster - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That is your network connection soemwhere along the way between your computer and our game servers. Could be ISPs in between yours and ours.

See if you can find any issues by running a traceroute to some of our servers. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4487392&postcount=42

Please note the connection WILL time out after it hits our firewall, so you won't get all the way through.

You will be able to see how many ms each hop takes along the way though.

Hope that helps you sort it out!

(Please note many ISPs always say it isn't them, because they say their services are "PERFECT". Our game servers are live and populated with players. If it was on our end, MANY people would let us know immediately and there would be less people in-game. )
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SallyJ - Heavens Tear
    SallyJ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't know where the problem lies, but it's happening intermittently to me, as well. I doubt it's coincidence (successful event = more active players = more network connections being routed at any given time), but many (usually older) commercial routers have rather craptacular algorithms for dealing with high traffic, and many others will give their own traffic preference over traffic just going through. Some may just be poorly configured, period.

Assuming you guys are using pnap.net (last hop before it starts timing out), I can't get anything bad with a traceroute, but (a) my lag is rare (1 minute or so each time, two or three times an hour), and (b) I always get the same route when doing a trace to any HT IP, even right after the, "lag event," begins, and (c) the response times are very good the whole way.

I can confirm a problem exist, though, and based on nearly fifteen years of wasting time with networked video games, I'll say it very much acts like a routing problem between my ISP and your ISP, as DarthPanda16 said. I would suspect that some server somewhere is occasionally (for GodsCaster, more than just occasionally!) taking a different route (maybe due to higher-than-normal traffic?), and that the problem lies there.
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2010
    You can post your traceroute here, remove your IP if you wish.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    uhm.. i didnt understand alot of the tech talk lol but.. heres the traceroute thing?

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4140/traceroutet.jpg

is that want you wanted? O_O
    edited April 2010
    Did i get the right thing... or.. ?
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I too had lagg as well .. i was slower than my turtle on Archosaur server.. especially in arch town..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Any chance of a GM actually looking at this post again..or..?b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2010
    Your traceroute looks normal and stops at our firewall.

So it could be the ISPs, your connection, your neighborhood roo mate seating into your bandwidth.

PPlease Search our Knowledge Base networking and connection issues.

If you still need additional help, please tell us what you tried and what errors you got.

Thanks!
    edited April 2010
    By connection do you mean.. network provider..? because i told you at the start of the post that they have said THE PROBLEM IS NOT AT THEIR END OR MINE... nobody else is using our wireless right now... so im not sure what " room mate " is supposed to be mucking the connection to the game.. and im pretty sure downloads...and perfomance would be low on the net if that was the case... but no its only the GAME that is mucking up whenever a server.. any server is at 3000 ms.. i get delay lags.

I have already looked at your knowledge base.. all that is there is a definition of my problem..=/.. cant see any solutions..
    edited April 2010
    -silence-.... ok id like to ask you one question before i leave, when it says the speed on a server is 3000ms is that my fault or is it your end?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2010
    3000ms is your connection time from your computer to our servers. There are a number of reasons why this could be so high. There could be other users on your network taking up bandwidth, other processes on your computer using bandwidth (especially downloads), or it could even be that some connection node in the middle is having problems.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• BlackBerry - Dreamweaver
    BlackBerry - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I suggest you drop wireless and go Wired..

that might improve performance as well

(just to exclude a pure wires/wireless issue)

i.m.h.o : wireless gaming is asking for it

(as i said, my own 'h' opion)
This discussion has been closed.